hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Match ratings

First Team Breakthrough

Match ratings

Anyone at the game today able to tell us? Raging to have missed the first premiership as on holiday.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Ratings...

Marciano - commandingly barry
    Whitty - really barry
    Hanlon - strollingly barry
    Efe - relaxingly barry
    Lewis - superfit barry
    Bartman - brick****hoosly barry
    Swanson - intricately barry
    SJM - drivingl barry
    McGoosh - totally involvingly barry
    Boyler - speedily barry
    Simon - proficiently barry

Subs - all contributingly barry

Coaches - ******' Barry

No negatives from me as I thought we were all pretty barry today likesay. What a squad Lennon has assembled - just as strong as you'll see anywhere in the premier bar Celtic. Hope we can kick on and really make this a season to remember. Top six finish easily if we can consistently turn in performances like today's.

@hibs.net private member The Spaceman's Avatar
    Marciano - 6
    Whittaker - 7
    Hanlon - 6
    Ambrose - 6
    Stevenson - 6
    Bartley - 7.5
    Swanson - 7.5
    McGinn - 8
    McGeouch - 6.5
    Boyle - 8
    Murray - 9
    Last edited by The Spaceman; 05-08-2017 at 06:00 PM.

Marciano was far from commanding!

First Team Breakthrough
    Marciano - 6
    Whittaker - 7
    Ambrose - 6
    Hanlon - 7
    Stevenson - 6
    Bartley - 7
    McGinn - 8
    McGeouch - 6
    Boyle - 9
    Swanson - 7
    Murray - 9

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

@hibs.net private member jacomo's Avatar
    Barry.

@hibs.net private member
    Rocky 7 spilled a shot & a couple shabby kicks but still decent

Whittaker 7 steady
    Effe 6 a couple of errors and takes to many risks
    Hanlon 8 solid performance
    Lewis 7 usual reliable performance

Bartley 7 mixed it up well and drove forward
    Dylan 6.5 gave the ball away to often early in the game
    SJM 7 drove forward but picked up a silly booking
    Boyle 8 did very well scored one and won the penalty

Swanson 5 did very little and was caught in possession a few times but still set up a goal

S.Murray 9 incredible energy but matched it will a good touch

Stokes, F.Murray & Vyk never really got into the game

Overall a decent start to the season

Left by mutual consent!
    Marciano - 6 (Solid when he needed to be, but didn't have a great deal to do)
    Whittaker - 7 (He's back! Still likes to bomb down the wing and make things happen. Classy finish)
    Ambrose - 6 (Solid for the most part, but sometimes just has to do the simple thing)
    Hanlon - 6 (Decent enough return back from injury, will offer stiff competition in that CB role)
    Stevenson 6 (Typical Stevenson performance. No stand out, but assured and gets the important decisions right)
    McGeouch - 7 (Always looked lively and never gave their right back any rest bite)
    Bartley - 6 (Not his best performance, but not bad either by any means)
    McGinn - 7 (Once again making his presence in the heart of the midfield known. Loves a meaty challenge)
    Swanson - 5 (Nice set up for the goal, but caught out in possession a fair few times)
    Boyle - 7 (Worked every bit as hard as Murray today and deserved his goal)
    Murray - 8 (I don't like boys, but I sure like Simon Murray)

Subs:
    Stokes - 5 (A few nice touches, but clearly isn't fully match fit yet)
    Slivka - 5 (Not a great deal of match time to really have any notable impact)
    Murray - 5 (Looks very eager to please. 5 minutes not really much time to make an influence)
    Last edited by High-On-Hibs; 05-08-2017 at 06:16 PM.

I think people are being very harsh dishing out all these sixes.

Nobody below a seven for me today.

Marciano 8 A reassuring and commanding goalkeeper, but who had little to do.
    Whittaker 7 classy - got up and down wing nicely, if not often.
    Stevenson 8 Ever dependable - another solid performance
    Hanlon 8 Solid, no messing defending
    Ambrose 7 Classy but casual, with a few scarey moments
    Bartley 8 Won balls he shouldn't be able to.
    Boyle 7 Drifted in and out but lethal when he given space to run
    McGeoch 7 Busy and always looking to thread the ball in tight spaces
    Swanson 7 Busy wee performance
    McGinn 9 Tenacious and a driving force - got caught up in niggly skirmishes with one of their defenders, but what a guy to have in your side
    Murray (S) 10 He's a Billy Bremner on speed and utterly clinical in dispatching the ball in the back of the net - super penalty to go with his previous 7 goals!

Subs: Stokes 7 Match sharpness will come, a busy wee performance without penetration.
    Murray (F) 6 A difficult game to come into and impact with so many players performing really well. Tidy wee performance
    Slivka 6 Tough game to come into. Anonymous for the little time he was on the pitch
    Last edited by Hi Heid Yin; 05-08-2017 at 06:39 PM.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I think people are being very harsh dishing out all these sixes.

Nobody below a seven for me today.
    Opinions. But I think these players still feel they have more to prove and I can see them steadily improving throughout the season.

@hibs.net private member hibee_girl's Avatar
    Marciano 7 - kicking was a bit off today but he had a few good saves, one which he would have seen pretty late

Whittaker 8 - pretty solid, was always looking to drive us forward, good to see him scoring.
    Ambrose 7 - had a few iffy moments but overall was good
    Hanlon 8 - great to see him back
    Stevenson 8 - didn't put a foot wrong

Bartley 8 - brilliant from him today, he really showed his strength today. I think this league will suit him
    McGeough 6 - had a bad first 10 minutes, great for the rest of the 1st half, quiet in the 2nd half
    McGinn 9 - was excellent today, made some beautiful passes
    Swanson 7 - good performance
    Boyle 8 - troubled them all game, won us the penalty

Murray 9 - thought he was brilliant, he chased things down, he won tackles you wouldn't expect him to and just generally worked hard. Very impressed with him

Quote Originally Posted by York Hibees View Post
    Marciano was far from commanding!
    ...and nothing positive to add? He spilled one well-hit shot which came through a ruck of players but took 2/3 crosses convincingly. Also saved a header at the death of the first half. It always amazes me when a poster's contribution is just to throw in a negative throwaway comment. Why - just what is it they are attempting to achieve?

Quote Originally Posted by Wee Effen Bee View Post
    ...and nothing positive to add? He spilled one well-hit shot which came through a ruck of players but took 2/3 crosses convincingly. Also saved a header at the death of the first half. It always amazes me when a poster's contribution is just to throw in a negative throwaway comment. Why - just what is it they are attempting to achieve?
    Murray was excellent, mcginn played well and Whittaker good bombing forward. I would give pass marks to the rest with Rocky getting a 4 based on what he had to do.

hfc rd
    Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by hibee_girl View Post
    Marciano 7 - kicking was a bit off today but he had a few good saves, one which he would have seen pretty late

Whittaker 8 - pretty solid, was always looking to drive us forward, good to see him scoring.
    Ambrose 7 - had a few iffy moments but overall was good
    Hanlon 8 - great to see him back
    Stevenson 8 - didn't put a foot wrong

Bartley 8 - brilliant from him today, he really showed his strength today. I think this league will suit him
    McGeough 6 - had a bad first 10 minutes, great for the rest of the 1st half, quiet in the 2nd half
    McGinn 9 - was excellent today, made some beautiful passes
    Swanson 7 - good performance
    Boyle 8 - troubled them all game, won us the penalty

Murray 9 - thought he was brilliant, he chased things down, he won tackles you wouldn't expect him to and just generally worked hard. Very impressed with him

Agree with this.

First Team Regular
    First game in top flight, a win and a load of 6s handed out?

Tough school

Quote Originally Posted by York Hibees View Post
    Murray was excellent, mcginn played well and Whittaker good bombing forward. I would give pass marks to the rest with Rocky getting a 4 based on what he had to do.
    A 4, ha ha. Slaver.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Stewboy View Post
    First game in top flight, a win and a load of 6s handed out?

Tough school
    Because we're Hibs? We expect to win games against Partick Thistle. I thought we played reasonably well and did enough to get the result. But I know we're capable of playing better than this as well, which we're going to have to do against the likes of Aberdeen, Celtic and even St Johnstone.

Quote Originally Posted by High-On-Hibs View Post
    Because we're Hibs? We expect to win games against Partick Thistle. I thought we played reasonably well and did enough to get the result. But I know we're capable of playing better than this as well, which we're going to have to do against the likes of Aberdeen, Celtic and even St Johnstone.
    Partick will be a top 6 club this season. Make no mistake that was a very good performance today and nobody deserved a 6.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by underscore View Post
    Partick will be a top 6 club this season. Make no mistake that was a very good performance today and nobody deserved a 6.
    I think it's a little early to say where teams are going to finish after 1 game into the season.

The first round of 11 games will give us a general idea of where we stand and where the rest stand.

Great performance today by Hibs against a strong, organised, motivated Jags who will take a lot of points from other teams.

No one was anything like below a 7 and Simon Murray has given us a pest factor up front I haven't seen for many years. He must be a nightmare to play against.!

I know he scares people but Ambrose was class again today in my opinion. He reads a game like few others can and always wants to use the ball positively. A lot of good moves come from his feet intercepting a pass at the back and instantly turning it into attack for us. A priceless type of player to have in any team.

The biggest encouragement for me is that we know we can get a lot more out of McGeouch, Swanson and McGinn in the middle, than they showed today. Once they get into their stride, those 3 are going to be some force.

@hibs.net private member Jones28's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by underscore View Post
    If they're in instead of hearts then it will be deserved

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Roxyhibee View Post
    Great performance today by Hibs against a strong, organised, motivated Jags who will take a lot of points from other teams.

No one was anything like below a 7 and Simon Murray has given us a pest factor up front I haven't seen for many years. He must be a nightmare to play against.!

I know he scares people but Ambrose was class again today in my opinion. He reads a game like few others can and always wants to use the ball positively. A lot of good moves come from his feet intercepting a pass at the back and instantly turning it into attack for us. A priceless type of player to have in any team.

The biggest encouragement for me is that we know we can get a lot more out of McGeouch, Swanson and McGinn in the middle, than they showed today. Once they get into their stride, those 3 are going to be some force.

Great victory for the boys Simon Murray superb the boys work rate is superb very much appreciated by myself.

@hibs.net private member
    Marciano 6

Whittaker 8
    Hanlon 7
    Ambrose 7
    Stevenson 6

McGeough 6.5
    Bartley 7
    McGinn 8

Boyle 8.5
    Murray 8
    Swanson 7

Marciano .... 6 ....... Didn't have too much to do and a couple of dodgy kicks

Whittaker .... 7 ..... was solid and won his challenges, scored too of course
    Ambrose ..... 7 ..... did far more good than bad, but as usual he took a couple of risks that on another day could have been punished
    Hanlon ....... 7 ....... solid steady return from him, calm and collected
    Stevenson ... 7.5 .... I actually thought he had a really good game where I cant remember him putting a foot wrong

Bartley ... 7 .... here there and everywhere, lost count of the number of times he ran from one side of the pitch to the other to get involved
    Swanson ...7 .... did a few good things but flitted in and out of the game a wee bit for me
    McGinn .... 8 .... heavily involved and drove us forward at every opportunity, some great passes but a daft booking
    McGeouch ... 7 .... a bit slack at the start, but he followed that with a super 50 minute spell where he was excellent

Boyle ... 8.5 .... was a danger throughout and he works so damned hard to cover when we aren't in possession
    S. Murray ... 8.5 ... cant separate him from Boyle score wise, what energy, he just runs and runs, unlucky not to score from open play.

Subs:

Slivka ..... 4 ..... didn't get too involved but looked neat and tidy .... doesn't look 6'3" to me
    Stokes .... 5 ..... tried hard and was unlucky a couple of times not to get a shot away
    F Murray ... 5 ... some good closing down and even if he is inexperienced a few of our midfielders could learn from him in the way he tries to get into the box .. could have had a goal if Stokes through ball had been a wee bit better.

Neil Lennon ..... 10 ..... cant argue with a home win on the first day of the season

Apart from a tepid first 10 minutes or so where we just couldn't seem to get into the game we were the better side for the vast majority of the game, we perhaps took our foot off the gas a wee bit too much in the last 15 minutes and allowed Thistle a bit too much possession. We can get better and we will play worse teams than Thistle.

Quote Originally Posted by lucky View Post
    Rocky 7 spilled a shot & a couple shabby kicks but still decent

Whittaker 7 steady
    Effe 6 a couple of errors and takes to many risks
    Hanlon 8 solid performance
    Lewis 7 usual reliable performance

Bartley 7 mixed it up well and drove forward
    Dylan 6.5 gave the ball away to often early in the game
    SJM 7 drove forward but picked up a silly booking
    Boyle 8 did very well scored one and won the penalty

Swanson 5 did very little and was caught in possession a few times but still set up a goal

S.Murray 9 incredible energy but matched it will a good touch

Stokes, F.Murray & Vyk never really got into the game

Overall a decent start to the season
    Only really disagree with Swanson set one up and a nice ball to Boyle to set up the penalty

Quote Originally Posted by Wee Effen Bee View Post
    Marciano - commandingly barry
    Whitty - really barry
    Hanlon - strollingly barry
    Efe - relaxingly barry
    Lewis - superfit barry
    Bartman - brick****hoosly barry
    Swanson - intricately barry
    SJM - drivingl barry
    McGoosh - totally involvingly barry
    Boyler - speedily barry
    Simon - proficiently barry

Subs - all contributingly barry

Coaches - ******' Barry

No negatives from me as I thought we were all pretty barry today likesay. What a squad Lennon has assembled - just as strong as you'll see anywhere in the premier bar Celtic. Hope we can kick on and really make this a season to remember. Top six finish easily if we can consistently turn in performances like today's.
    All is Barry? wrong team I think.

Actually, Stevenson was excellent.

He hardly put a foot wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Xavi Hernandez View Post
    Anyone at the game today able to tell us? Raging to have missed the first premiership as on holiday.

It really is worth a fiver of your cash to see the game on hibs tv - best game I been to since the cup final easily. A great performance especially M.O.M Simon Murray and especially after losing an early goal.

overall performance 10/10
    Last edited by andybev1; 06-08-2017 at 01:38 AM.