hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Changed Days!

Coaching Staff

Changed Days!

Not so long ago, our transfer activity consisted of 'last minute' shopping 'bargains'...ie leftovers.

The Board rightfully copped dogs abuse for this.

This season I don't think we could reasonably ask for any more than has been done.

I've followed Hibs for over 50 years and can remember RARELY ever being "happy" with a Board's efforts.

Hat's off to them now though, ALL have excelled, and the 'feel good' factor is once again embedded In our support.

To the Board, well done from a no longer grumpy old man!

2. Log in to remove the advert

All starts with the manager. We've had so many clowns in charge that the Board have either had little faith in them and refused to back them with serious money or they've been unable to attract/spot decent quality players. Lennon is different, in the same bracket at Red Lex.

Can't overstate the impact 12000 season tickets has had on making this happen !

I think you can put most of this down to Lean, Rod will be having a lie down and in need of a stiff drink after the spending spree !

Happy Days are here again

Agree absolutely with ''Changed Days.'' No matter how this season goes, and it may take time for it all to gel, this is a completely new era, different from anything that has gone before, a new atmosphere exists, a new professionalism, a new approach, this is the real thing. The manager change was inspired, but even more so was the appointment of Leanne Dempster. If the crowds keep building at the present rate they will have to fill-in the four corners. Happy Days are Here Again.

The Board rightfully copped dogs abuse for this.

This season I don't think we could reasonably ask for any more than has been done.

I've followed Hibs for over 50 years and can remember RARELY ever being "happy" with a Board's efforts.

Hat's off to them now though, ALL have excelled, and the 'feel good' factor is once again embedded In our support.

To the Board, well done from a no longer grumpy old man![/QUOTE]

We've certainly made a statement.

Leeann has done a wonderful job since she came in, as has George Craig. There is now a structure in place that makes the managers job very easy. Same thing happened at Motherwell when she was there. Craig Brown, Mark McGhee and Stuart McCall all performed way above their norm when there. That's what having a good CEO does.
    Also the massive crowds we are getting will be playing a part in the finance available. It's time to make sure that advantage counts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

@hibs.net private member
    Look how George Craig behaves compared to Harry Potter. Hibs have got the set up correct off the pitch and leave the Head coach and players to get it right on it. Harry Potter sending bits of paper down to pitchside is cringeworthy and generally interfering in the coaches job is wrong and never ends well. We've learned our lesson that good leadership in boardroom is vital but appointing a great heed coach is more important
    Last edited by lucky; 03-08-2017 at 07:04 AM.

Everything is in place and looking good.

Let's hope the team delivers.

Compare the signing over the last 3 years to the ones before relegation.

Before relegation:

Kujabi
    Doherty
    Micheal Nelson
    Ryan McGivern
    James Collins
    Rowan Vine
    Kuqi
    Tom Soares
    Osbourne
    Hart
    Danny Haynes
    Tudor Jones
    Paul Heffernan
    Fraser Mullan

Now:

Sir David Gray
    Fraser Fyvie
    Scott Allan
    Dylan McGeoch
    Liam Henderson
    Anthony Stokes
    Commons
    Martin Boyle
    Whittaker
    McGreagor
    Ambrose
    Simon Murray
    Fontaine
    Matvin Bartley
    James Keatings
    John McGinn

The difference in quality is quite incredible.

@hibs.net private member Hibbyradge's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by greenpaper55 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I think you can put most of this down to Lean, Rod will be having a lie down and in need of a stiff drink after the spending spree !
    No he won't. He'll be excited about the new season like we all are.

I know you're not being entirely serious, but RP deserves credit for where we are too.

The position we are in is exactly what Rod has been aiming for; a club running within its means, with every spare penny being made made available for the playing side.

He made difficult decisions to deal with our debt and boy did he take some flak for doing so, but the future is very rosy as a result.

We don't have stands to build and our loan payments are consolidated and easily manageable.

Congratulations should be given to everyone who made this happen.
    Last edited by Hibbyradge; 03-08-2017 at 08:47 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by 21.05.2016 View Post

Before relegation:

Kujabi
    Doherty
    Micheal Nelson
    Ryan McGivern
    James Collins
    Rowan Vine
    Kuqi
    Tom Soares
    Osbourne
    Hart
    Danny Haynes
    Tudor Jones
    Paul Heffernan
    Fraser Mullan

Now:

Sir David Gray
    Fraser Fyvie
    Scott Allan
    Dylan McGeoch
    Liam Henderson
    Anthony Stokes
    Commons
    Martin Boyle
    Whittaker
    McGreagor
    Ambrose
    Simon Murray
    Fontaine
    Matvin Bartley
    James Keatings
    John McGinn

The first list is hammer house of horror..

@hibs.net private member R'Albin's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Razza96

Before relegation:

Kujabi
    Doherty
    Micheal Nelson
    Ryan McGivern
    James Collins
    Rowan Vine
    Kuqi
    Tom Soares
    Osbourne
    Hart
    Danny Haynes
    Tudor Jones
    Paul Heffernan
    Fraser Mullan

Now:

Sir David Gray
    Fraser Fyvie
    Scott Allan
    Dylan McGeoch
    Liam Henderson
    Anthony Stokes
    Commons
    Martin Boyle
    Whittaker
    McGreagor
    Ambrose
    Simon Murray
    Fontaine
    Matvin Bartley
    James Keatings
    John McGinn

I agree with the general point but the lists aren't really fair. The top one is missing the likes of Griffiths and Claros, with the bottom one missing players like Feruz and Dje Dje.

Promising Youngster dunedinhibs's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Hibernianfcggtth

Before relegation:

Kujabi
    Doherty
    Micheal Nelson
    Ryan McGivern
    James Collins
    Rowan Vine
    Kuqi
    Tom Soares
    Osbourne
    Hart
    Danny Haynes
    Tudor Jones
    Paul Heffernan
    Fraser Mullan

Now:

Sir David Gray
    Fraser Fyvie
    Scott Allan
    Dylan McGeoch
    Liam Henderson
    Anthony Stokes
    Commons
    Martin Boyle
    Whittaker
    McGreagor
    Ambrose
    Simon Murray
    Fontaine
    Matvin Bartley
    James Keatings
    John McGinn

That before relegation list actually makes me fee sick. Changed days.

First Team Breakthrough
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibbyradge View Post

I know you're not being entirely serious, but RP deserves credit for where we are too.

The position we are in is exactly what Rod has been aiming for; a club running within its means, with every spare penny being made made available for the playing side.

He made difficult decisions to deal with our debt and boy did he take some flak for doing so, but the future is very rosy as a result.

We don't have stands to build and our loan payments are consolidated and easily manageable.

Well said. Sure he made some bad decisions previously. But he deserves credit for getting it right now, starting with the appointment of Dempster.

its quite simple - we the fans have made this happen by turning out in MUCH larger numbers than before.

So its down to us to be patient if things go slightly of track.

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: gringotodd

Yup.

I mean, he's made mistakes and even with the capital expenditure of the new East and the training centre we should never have been allowed to get relegated or even come close with our relative income. But I'd never for a moment say we should never have built the East or the Training Centre. Rod Petrie isn't the devil, he's not out to harm our club - I sincerely believe everything he's done has been with the club's long term future at the heart of it. Even if he did make some honking managerial appointments.

If crowds keep up, he'll have corners to fill in.

@hibs.net private member
    Yes I agree with everything positive said about Petrie. We have made sacrifices to achieve it but what a structure he has put in place. I was a doubter I must admit but take my hat off to him now. Well done Rod

@hibs.net private member & Biggest, Funniest Slaver on hibs.net 2012 Pedantic_Hibee's Avatar
    Petrie doesn't even get a tenth of the credit he indubitably deserves.
    "Play for the name on the front of the jersey and the supporters will remember the name on the back"

Quote Originally Posted by greenpaper55 View Post

His dream of the Helicopter Landing Pad on the West Stand Roof is fast dissapearing into the horizon.

@hibs.net private member The Modfather's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Pedantic_Hibee View Post
    Petrie doesn't even get a tenth of the credit he indubitably deserves.
    I'm trying to refrain from replying whenever the subject of Petrie comes up as he certainly divides the support and it's time to enjoy the many positives at the moment.

That being said, I don't think he gets a tenth of the criticism he deserves either, and the work Dempster has done (an absolute miracle) makes it easy to forget just how much damage he did, and where we were.

He did the easy bits well. Investing the unexpected bonus from the golden generation, and by all accounts got a good deal in building the stand etc. His self sufficient vision is the correct one, but he had no idea how to turn it into a reality while being competitive on the park. The amount of money wasted on managers, squad rebuilds, club cultures, cultivated under his watch, needing changed, scouting departments that used Wikipedia, relegation etc etc.

Credit to him for belatedly admitting he wasn't up to the job and getting in Dempster, but it still sticks in my craw he didn't have the integrity of someone like Fenlon to walk away after disaster upon disaster.

Anyway, looking forward to Saturday :-)

Before relegation:

Kujabi
    Doherty
    Micheal Nelson
    Ryan McGivern
    James Collins
    Rowan Vine
    Kuqi
    Tom Soares
    Osbourne
    Hart
    Danny Haynes
    Tudor Jones
    Paul Heffernan
    Fraser Mullan

Now:

Sir David Gray
    Fraser Fyvie
    Scott Allan
    Dylan McGeoch
    Liam Henderson
    Anthony Stokes
    Commons
    Martin Boyle
    Whittaker
    McGreagor
    Ambrose
    Simon Murray
    Fontaine
    Matvin Bartley
    James Keatings
    John McGinn

I just brought up some vomit in my mouth at reading some of those names on the top list!

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Right Said Frank View Post
    I'm trying to refrain from replying whenever the subject of Petrie comes up as he certainly divides the support and it's time to enjoy the many positives at the moment.

That being said, I don't think he gets a tenth of the criticism he deserves either, and the work Dempster has done (an absolute miracle) makes it easy to forget just how much damage he did, and where we were.

He did the easy bits well. Investing the unexpected bonus from the golden generation, and by all accounts got a good deal in building the stand etc. His self sufficient vision is the correct one, but he had no idea how to turn it into a reality while being competitive on the park. The amount of money wasted on managers, squad rebuilds, club cultures, cultivated under his watch, needing changed, scouting departments that used Wikipedia, relegation etc etc.

Credit to him for belatedly admitting he wasn't up to the job and getting in Dempster, but it still sticks in my craw he didn't have the integrity of someone like Fenlon to walk away after disaster upon disaster.

Thank god he didn't walk away RSF

@hibs.net private member lord bunberry's Avatar

Agreed. He had to move aside as he wasn't up to to the job. He brought the club to its knees.

... and he was ****** lucky to have that car park to sell when he did.

Petrie will get no credit from me anytime soon.

@hibs.net private member Baader's Avatar
    Nightmares about that first half of the players list. Truly abysmal.

Quote Originally Posted by Ozyhibby View Post
    If crowds keep up, he'll have corners to fill in.

That is a job for Hendo!!

First Team Breakthrough
    Quote Originally Posted by Baader View Post
    Nightmares about that first half of the players list. Truly abysmal.
    Yep me too.................................... Nurse.........Nurse!!!!!!

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    As someone else posted, Petrie brought the club to its knees, it took SOMEONE ELSE to rescue it.

I think he should still leave now, as when the first dip comes and it will, he will get the blame for one reason or another.

The radiation might have reduced the cancer, but it's still there.