hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Goals from yesterday

Anyone have a link that's not Hibs TV coverage? They miss the first goal, and the third due to poor camerawork.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member millarco's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by King Dom View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Anyone have a link that's not Hibs TV coverage? They miss the first goal, and the third due to poor camerawork.
    The Hibs TV goal highlights video has been updated, mistakes in the editing first time round.

https://hibstv.hibernianfc.co.uk/tv/video/vod/4242

The camera work for the second goal is poor - we normally take a feed from a broadcaster at the game (Sky, BT or BBC) which gives us access to better quality camera and an experienced operator. Nobody covered the game yesterday and the guy we had filming is relatively inexperienced. We've requested a copy of Alloa's footage and will update the video if they have a better shot of the second goal.
    Last edited by BroxburnHibee; 30-07-2017 at 03:00 PM. Reason: Fixed the link.

Quote Originally Posted by millarco View Post
    The Hibs TV goal highlights video has been updated, mistakes in the editing first time round.

The camera work for the second goal is poor - we normally take a feed from a broadcaster at the game (Sky, BT or BBC) which gives us access to better quality camera and an experienced operator. Nobody covered the game yesterday and the guy we had filming is relatively inexperienced. We've requested a copy of Alloa's footage and will update the video if they have a better shot of the second goal.
    Excellent cheers

Brilliant first goal straight from playing out from the back

@hibs.net private member LaMotta's Avatar
    Good to see Martin Boyle with 2 excellent assists and a major hand in the other goal for those who think he is a headless chicken with no end product

@hibs.net private member
    The co commentator was murder!!!!

@hibs.net private member SouthMoroccoStu's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by lucky View Post
    Sounded a bit nervous

Tripped over a few words and couldn't recover - we've all been there

Remember, these guys do hibs tv voluntarily and they do a great job for us fans unable to attend the games

Elephant Stone
    Left by mutual consent!
    Martin Boyle key to every goal there, he hasn't been tested consistently against Premiership defenders but I think so far his development has been pretty special. Huge credit to Boyle, NL and the coaches, and to Stubbs for spotting his potential.

Quote Originally Posted by SouthMoroccoStu View Post
    Sounded a bit nervous

Tripped over a few words and couldn't recover - we've all been there

Remember, these guys do hibs tv voluntarily and they do a great job for us fans unable to attend the games

Spot on ! 😁

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by millarco View Post

Thanks for that, interested to see just what part of SM's body scored the 2nd goal!!

Alloa TV have 10 minute highlights of their last home game of the group on YouTube, hopefully have our ones up soon.

@hibs.net private member
    Wasn't there yesterday but both Boyle and S Murray looking great so far this season. Also nice to see Fraser Murray and Porteous get a few games and score some goals, really hope to see more of them both this season.

We've got our first serious test on Saturday and we need to show that we've got what it takes against SPL teams but I feel very positive about where we are.

Get Stokes in soon and hopefully one more attacking player and it'll be the best squad we've had in a long time.

@hibs.net private member woodythehibee's Avatar
    The main commentator usually does the interviews. Asks rubbish questions and says "emm" hundreds of times per questions.

Hopefully we see/hear more of Cliff Pike and I think Colin Miller has been doing some interviews lately which were pretty good.

Terrible highlights....really should be better.... thanks for putting up the link though

Left by mutual consent!
    Boyle's cross for the 3rd was an absolute peach !

Boyle has been absolutely fantastic this pre season, key to all the goals yesterday and he has seemed to up his delivery and decision making so far although still room for improvement. I think we will see that team next week with Swanson in for Murray and hanlon for McGregor

So, after scoring 13 goals in 4 games whilst playing some fantastic fitba, your contribution is to have a go at someone who gives up their free time to promote Hibs! Thank **** for that - I was having sleepless nights thinking who we could vent our spleens about now. Our battery had run dry of real ammunition after the brilliant signings we made and I was worried we wouldn't have a scapegoat or just a target to slag off.
    Thanks to all the volunteers at Hibs TV - you're doing a great job. Keep it up.

Anyone behind the goal with a decent view of the second goal?

I couldn't really see from where I was sitting but a couple of the Alloa players seemed quite angry at the time, appearing to gesture that Murray had handballed it into the net.

Simon Murray looks a very good six yard box striker a bit like a ginger van nistelrooy!

Sent from my F3211 using Tapatalk

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Wee Effen Bee View Post
    So, after scoring 13 goals in 4 games whilst playing some fantastic fitba, your contribution is to have a go at someone who gives up their free time to promote Hibs! Thank **** for that - I was having sleepless nights thinking who we could vent our spleens about now. Our battery had run dry of real ammunition after the brilliant signings we made and I was worried we wouldn't have a scapegoat or just a target to slag off.

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by Wee Effen Bee View Post
    At £9 a month which is more than folk would pay for Netflix and double a Man U TV suscription maybe it shouldn't be volunteers?

Okay, the opportunity of scale makes those other services much more do-able, but this is the online TV channel for one of the biggest clubs in the country. I got stick last week for suggesting someone commentating on our channel should be a bit less lazy in not pronuncing the Ts in names.

I stick by it. That's obviously the way the individual speaks so up to the club if they want to step up the quality of the product which does cost supporters a decent bit of cash. I'd be picking my kids up for that so would expect anyone with a speaking part for the club's media to be up to it.

@hibs.net private member Hermit Crab's Avatar

So was the camera man, completely missed the 2nd goal!

@hibs.net private member Lancs Harp's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hermit Crab View Post
    So was the camera man, completely missed the 2nd goal!
    I found myself perched in an odd position on my couch trying to get a better angle of that goal on my laptop.

Glottal stops, dontcha just hate them...

According to newspaper reports Alloa players were unhappy at the 2nd and 3rd goals due to fouls, really? must be a wee team thing.

3 excellent goals.

Quote Originally Posted by HIBERNIAN-0762 View Post
    According to newspaper reports Alloa players were unhappy at the 2nd and 3rd goals due to fouls, really? must be a wee team thing.

3 excellent goals.

No foul at the third but the second had a hint of handball about it from Murray

Quote Originally Posted by Hermit Crab View Post
    No foul at the third but the second had a hint of handball about it from Murray
    Couldn't really make it out on this clip HC might come up better on Alloa's highlights.

Quote Originally Posted by Andy74 View Post
    At £9 a month which is more than folk would pay for Netflix and double a Man U TV suscription maybe it shouldn't be volunteers?

Okay, the opportunity of scale makes those other services much more do-able, but this is the online TV channel for one of the biggest clubs in the country. I got stick last week for suggesting someone commentating on our channel should be a bit less lazy in not pronuncing the Ts in names.

I stick by it. That's obviously the way the individual speaks so up to the club if they want to step up the quality of the product which does cost supporters a decent bit of cash. I'd be picking my kids up for that so would expect anyone with a speaking part for the club's media to be up to it.
    I don't subscribe to Hibs TV but I do agree with what you're saying here.

If they're volunteers then that's fair enough but the club should be providing a service that is appropriate for the price people pay for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Andy74 View Post

I think your comments midweek were harsh but also misinformed and forgivable at time, but after having been replied to by the guy who done the commentary explaining his lisp and need for speech therapy when younger I think it's bang out of order to continue to bring it up in a negative manner. John is a very good commentator and the fact he's plucked up the courage to do the job he's doing despite all that is commendable. Is he as good as Cliff? No but he's a fine replacement in situations he's not available.