hibs.net Messageboard

hibs fanzine (hibees glasgow gossip)

Anybody remember this fanzine from 1988 ? Been looking through old copies I kept.20p a copy.ive got issues 7-15.think that was the last issue.before the days of the internet is was a must but for me & my mates.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by Libertine View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Anybody remember this fanzine from 1988 ? Been looking through old copies I kept.20p a copy.ive got issues 7-15.think that was the last issue.before the days of the internet is was a must but for me & my mates.
    Loved it...and I remember it being 20p as well. Sadly I don't have any of my copies as I lent them to a "friend" and never got them back. There is an old thread on The Bounce talking about and says it was done by someone called David Jackson. I think there was also a London Hibs publication as well and they both had a Harp on the front cover?
    Last edited by Is It On....; 29-07-2017 at 11:28 PM.

@hibs.net private member Frazerbob's Avatar
    Loved the old fanzines and really enjoyed the recent cup final comebacks of Mass Hibsteria. Off the top of my head there was The Proclaimer, Hibs Monthly, Glasgow Gossip, North East Hibernians, Mass Hibsteria. Any others I've forgotten?

@hibs.net private member tanfield's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Frazerbob View Post
    Loved the old fanzines and really enjoyed the recent cup final comebacks of Mass Hibsteria. Off the top of my head there was The Proclaimer, Hibs Monthly, Glasgow Gossip, North East Hibernians, Mass Hibsteria. Any others I've forgotten?
    Aye monotonous was one - only won edition produced I think. Also down the slope and tanesh (sp). Still got all my copies of these and the others mentioned above

@hibs.net private member

Found this beauty today while clearing through some Old boxes. Pretty Much mint condition

@hibs.net private member
    And while I’m at it. Found this one too

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Is It On.... View Post
    Loved it...and I remember it being 20p as well. Sadly I don't have any of my copies as I lent them to a "friend" and never got them back. There is an old thread on The Bounce talking about and says it was done by someone called David Jackson. I think there was also a London Hibs publication as well and they both had a Harp on the front cover?
    Davie Jackson was involved both with Glasow Gossip & Hibees Here, Hibees There, London Hibs fanzine.

Coaching Staff
    The Australia Branch of the Hibs Supporters Association produced their own monthly fanzine entitled ‘Here We Go!’ for about seven years from 1987...and intermittently after that.

It was even produced on line until sporadically until about 2 years ago....

First Team Regular NthCarolinaHibs's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Forza Fred View Post
    The Australia Branch of the Hibs Supporters Association produced their own monthly fanzine entitled ‘Here We Go!’ for about seven years from 1987...and intermittently after that.

It was even produced on line until sporadically until about 2 years ago....
    I remember meeting you in the Iona when I was doing the USA Hibs, fanzine...yer laddie was into the Charlotte Hornets,the town where I lived...must have been over twenty year ago 🤔

Quote Originally Posted by bigwheel View Post
    And while I’m at it. Found this one too
    Thanks for posting that bigwheel - I did that Alex Miller interview, so brings back some happy memories for me of sitting in a dressing room under the old main stand talking for maybe an hour or so, trying to appear cool on the outside while inwardly screaming with excitement at being somewhere not many fans got to go while talking to the manager of my club.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by ChilliEater View Post
    Thanks for posting that bigwheel - I did that Alex Miller interview, so brings back some happy memories for me of sitting in a dressing room under the old main stand talking for maybe an hour or so, trying to appear cool on the outside while inwardly screaming with excitement at being somewhere not many fans got to go while talking to the manager of my club.
    I can imagine. He was quite a fearsome character ..what was he like ??

Do you have a copy Chillieater? If not. Ping me a PM and I’ll send you this ....

Left by mutual consent!

Found this beauty today while clearing through some Old boxes. Pretty Much mint condition
    How did you get that home without a crease or crumple?

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by ronaldo7 View Post
    How did you get that home without a crease or crumple?
    Lol. I have literally no idea. Never done it before or since !

I can imagine. He was quite a fearsome character ..what was he like ??

Do you have a copy Chillieater? If not. Ping me a PM and I’ll send you this ....
    I liked him. I was a scruffy 22 year old student doing fanzine stuff for fun but he treated me with total respect - at one point Murdo knocked on the door to tell him that a pro journalist - I've completely forgotten who, but he was well known, someone from the Record or maybe one of the radio shows - was waiting for him and he just said "Tell him he'll have to wait. I'm busy right now" and kept talking with me for quite a while longer. Made me feel a million dollars with that

I do have boxes in the garage with various fanzines in - if I've not got that one I'll get back to you :-) Even if you could just scan the interview I'd love to read it again.

Quote Originally Posted by ChilliEater View Post
    I liked him. I was a scruffy 22 year old student doing fanzine stuff for fun but he treated me with total respect - at one point Murdo knocked on the door to tell him that a pro journalist - I've completely forgotten who, but he was well known, someone from the Record or maybe one of the radio shows - was waiting for him and he just said "Tell him he'll have to wait. I'm busy right now" and kept talking with me for quite a while longer. Made me feel a million dollars with that

I do have boxes in the garage with various fanzines in - if I've not got that one I'll get back to you :-) Even if you could just scan the interview I'd love to read it again.
    Chillieater, sure you're not getting confused with a later interview you did for a fanzine? This is the March '89 issue and I'm certain Murdo didn't sign until after Italia '90. Also, in those early days don't think there were more than 3 people involved in interviewing for HM (I don't recall who in particular conducted this one, mind! Might have been more than one with Lexo).

Quote Originally Posted by SideBurns View Post
    Chillieater, sure you're not getting confused with a later interview you did for a fanzine? This is the March '89 issue and I'm certain Murdo didn't sign until after Italia '90. Also, in those early days don't think there were more than 3 people involved in interviewing for HM (I don't recall who in particular conducted this one, mind! Might have been more than one with Lexo).
    You could be right! I'm now trying to picture the flat I was living in when I wrote it up Mine could have been 1990/91ish.