hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Time now to move on

We've heard, he's clearing things up with Blackburn, we've heard, he's signing tomorrow about twenty times now, we've heard, he's at his medical, won't be long now.
    The truth of the matter is that there's now no obstacles in his way other than himself accepting the given offer, Lennons even hinted that there may be room for improvements on this offer.
    I think he's had long enough and if he really had it in his mind that this would be the place for him, then the contract would have been signed.
    He's clearly holding out for more money, accepting that that's his right, but he clearly knows that what he thinks he can get, he ain't going to get here.
    I say, call him up now and demand an answer and if if he's not prepared to make a decision at present, then make it for him.
    He may be a legend in some eyes, but he's clearly, at this time, looking for more than we can give, end it now.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member
    I suspect an answer, one way or another, will be given by Monday.

Maybe he has really signed and is playing up front today.
    Cougars!!!

Quote Originally Posted by HH81 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Maybe he has really signed and is playing up front today.
    Maybe he signed last week and was playing against Arbroath but using stealth cloaking technology pioneered by Nasa he couldn't be seen.

It's all a bit stupid now.

He's not coming to Hibs.

No inside info, just that I think if he was going to sign, he would have by now.

I agree with the OP, time to move and and look elsewhere.

He'll always be a legend but, I've had enough too, surely if he wanted to come back he'd already be here.

@hibs.net private member SouthMoroccoStu's Avatar
    From a guy I trust on Facebook

"Hibs have matched Anthony Stokes wage demands.

Anthony Stokes has knocked back offers from Turkey and China.

Anthony Stokes WILL sign for hibs in this window."

Patience is a virtue

I reckon all will be revealed very soon.

I trust that Lennon and the club, much like Stokes, are also seeking out other options in attack. I guess the saga will still continue until he signs for someone

@hibs.net private member I'm_cabbaged's Avatar
    Tactical timing for a final push on season ticket sales?

@hibs.net private member LancsHibs's Avatar
    Agree with OP and others, a legend but let's draw a line under this and move on.

Don't understand why people get so worked up about this, and want to pull the plug on a potentially great signing or conclude it's a done deal. Both Hibs and Stokes will have multiple irons in the fire. If it happens, great, if not, onto the next target. If it all goes to the line, then so what? We have a good squad and have had a more than decent window so far.

Relax and enjoy.

Quote Originally Posted by Dashing Bob S View Post
    Don't understand why people get so worked up about this, and want to pull the plug on a potentially great signing or conclude it's a done deal. Both Hibs and Stokes will have multiple irons in the fire. If it happens, great, if not, onto the next target. If it all goes to the line, then so what? We have a good squad and have had a more than decent window so far.

Relax and enjoy.
    That's just far too sensible Bob and won't go down well....its only because of all the ridiculous "done deal" and medical today nonsense that people are getting themselves so worked up. I have it on good authority from a few reliable people he's coming And I'm still happy to believe that's the case. Hey if it doesn't happen we move on we still have a great squad and we sign someone else. I'm sure lennon will move on if needed when the time is right

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Coaching Staff
    I think decisions are best left to those with the details!

Blog Entries

Relax and enjoy.
    Exactly right. I moved jobs many years ago from Edinburgh to London. I was offered the job in April & moved in August. At no stage was i being awkward, in fact like AS I actually initially dropped money, but there are a myriad of things to clarify & agree before you can actually sign on the dotted line. In the old days no one knew a thing about transfers until they happened. Now everything occurs in the full glare of social media & we've become the impatient society. I very much suspect there's an age gap between those posters saying relax & those saying move on. Keep the faith. ☺

@hibs.net private member WhileTheChief..'s Avatar
    Could've just added this to the main thread?

Give him as long as it takes. If he signs by the end of the window I'll be delighted.

Its worth taking a bit of time to find the right quality and Stokesy definitly has that quality . If he doesnt sign at least we gave it a shot .. if he does sign then it will have been worth all the waiting

Interesting that the Fyvie offer was apparently quickly withdrawn due to player allegedly taking his time, yet it appears that the Stokes offer is still on the table with no reported time limit.

Quote Originally Posted by Famous Fiver View Post
    Interesting that the Fyvie offer was apparently quickly withdrawn due to player allegedly taking his time, yet it appears that the Stokes offer is still on the table with no reported time limit.
    Fyvie rejected the initial offer. Different circumstances.

@hibs.net private member Heisenberg's Avatar
    Don't think the situations can be compared. Entirely different scenario with Stokes.

Quote Originally Posted by Borderhibbie76 View Post
    That's just far too sensible Bob and won't go down well....its only because of all the ridiculous "done deal" and medical today nonsense that people are getting themselves so worked up. I have it on good authority from a few reliable people he's coming And I'm still happy to believe that's the case. Hey if it doesn't happen we move on we still have a great squad and we sign someone else. I'm sure lennon will move on if needed when the time is right

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

My feelings as well. I am sure Lennon will have other targets,
    Who knows he may even be actively speaking to others that we are not aware of.

Left by mutual consent!

Relax and enjoy.
    If one thing has been apparent during this transfer window it's been the simple lack of patience among a section of the support in regards to recruitment. It's almost as if their general happiness is in tatters just because a player isn't signing/hasn't signed yet. They think transfers are a simple process but so many factors need to be considered, negotiations are long drawn out processes that can take weeks. I personally prefer to let the club get on with their business and am happy to let them announce new signings as and when appropriate. Patience is a virtue and it's sadly lacking in some of the edgy, jumpy characters posting on here.

If Stokes doesn't sign the club will have other options, they won't be running with only plan A. There will be plans B, C, D etc.

Quote Originally Posted by hibsbollah View Post
    Maybe he signed last week and was playing against Arbroath but using stealth cloaking technology pioneered by Nasa he couldn't be seen.

It's all a bit stupid now.
    Do you know this for a fact or are you just pretending to be in the know?

Left by mutual consent!
    Good things come to those who wait. I know historically this kind of game hasn't ended up the best but for class there are sacrifices and I would rather wait a while for plan a when it's obvious plan a will be the best option by a country mile.

Either that or they are waiting on Dagnall to make a double signing.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Firestarter View Post
    Good things come to those who wait. I know historically this kind of game hasn't ended up the best but for class there are sacrifices and I would rather wait a while for plan a when it's obvious plan a will be the best option by a country mile.

Either that or they are waiting on Dagnall to make a double signing.
    I agree about waiting for quality however I do feel that there needs to be some sort of time limit on it to allow us to look elsewhere if we need to

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: SAKSxCORE PSN ID: SlickShoes
    Fyvie like other players going out of contract had offers on the table since April, plenty time to make a decision

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by SlickShoes View Post
    Fyvie like other players going out of contract had offers on the table since April, plenty time to make a decision
    And he also rejected our offer which is the biggest diff between that and the Stokes saga

Left by mutual consent! calumhibee1's Avatar
    Couple of differences. Fyvie rejected his deal. We also don't need Fyvie, where as we need a forward.

Absolutely no way should the deal be withdrawn from Stokes. We should be looking elsewhere and if we get someone over the line instead of Stokes then fair enough withdraw it then, but not before.

Im just as fed up as everyone else waiting on him making his mind up.

Yes, he will always be a hero for the Hibs support and he will never have to buy another pint in the Leith area ever.

he has always been a mercurial type of player with deep thoughts inside on many things which often rose and brought trouble.

Im not saying that he is in trouble or anything like it but Lennon knows the guy and what he can be like mentally as well as psychologically.

There may be personal problems going on behind all the rumours of this and that needing taking care of before he can commit his future to us.

It is frustrating for the manager but he has shown Stokes the door is open and that he is wanted here and will be loved by the supporters of!the club.

I just hope that what ever is behind the delay will be sorted out and he will commit himself wholeheartedly to his football in a Hibs jersey!

Relax and enjoy.
    Correct.