hibs.net Messageboard

Goals, we've had a few...

Been reading complaints from Fans of both Hearts and The Rangers about their lack of goal scoring in pre-season, LC, etc and thought how different that is compared to us so far.

Our current record is Played 6, Scored 18, Conceded 3*

I realise we've only played on Premier League team, which was a scoreless draw in normal time, but we've also played Sunderland and scored two against them.

Considering we're still looking to add one striker, I'd say it bodes quite well for the season ahead.

* Actually, our defence seems quite solid as well.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Especially with goals coming from all over the park. Early doors but looks promising

@hibs.net private member nonshinyfinish's Avatar
    Porteous for the golden boot, nap.

Nice to see the goals spread throughout the team a bit too which I think bodes well for the season. For last 3 years we were far too reliant on JC and the rest of team hardly contributing

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

@hibs.net private member Jack Hackett's Avatar
    If you have a solid midfield and defence, it is entirely possible to make do without recognised strikers. Barcelona from a few years ago are a prime example... not that I'm suggesting...

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Hackett View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    If you have a solid midfield and defence, it is entirely possible to make do without recognised strikers. Barcelona from a few years ago are a prime example... not that I'm suggesting...
    Right Craig Levein, away back to Kickback lol.

Quote Originally Posted by chlub Hibernian View Post
    4-6-0?

Goals are always good but putting it in perspective St Johnstone hammered Sunderland 3-0. We badly need another striker in as was shown against a decent Premiership side in County.

W

Sent from my F3211 using Tapatalk

What's more promising for me is where these goals are coming from. We've got Murray who scored a hat trick in his previous game and is looking to be a very decent signing. Then we've got Boyle, McGinn, Swanson, shaw who we would all expect to get some goals this season and have all scored during our pre season campaign. We've also got Big Dave and hopefully stokes to come.

Dangerous to take pre season form too seriously, but it's looking good.

@hibs.net private member Bishop Hibee's Avatar
    Promising start to the season but we need another striker whether that be Stokes or not. Simon Murray has proved the doubters wrong so far though. Surely must start v Patrick Th regardless of who we bring in.
    "Washing one's hands of the conflict between the powerful and the powerless means to side with the powerful, not to be neutral.' - Paulo Freire

@hibs.net private member Jack Hackett's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by chlub Hibernian View Post
    Busted!

I try to keep my admiration for the great tactician under wraps, but occasionally it just slips out... as does my admiration for CL

Levain's problem with the 0-4-6 was that not one of his squad would have made even the Barca bench. How's the saying go? You can't make a silk purse from a sows ear... didn't help that he is clueless either

Quote Originally Posted by 18Hibee75 View Post
    What's more promising for me is where these goals are coming from. We've got Murray who scored a hat trick in his previous game and is looking to be a very decent signing. Then we've got Boyle, McGinn, Swanson, shaw who we would all expect to get some goals this season and have all scored during our pre season campaign. We've also got Big Dave and hopefully stokes to come.

Dangerous to take pre season form too seriously, but it's looking good.

Agree with this. But it is pleasing that we're beating lower league sides comfortably compared to certain others