hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Hearts

@hibs.net private member

Hearts

Heard it all now. Cathro says that Elgin is not an easy place to come to and win. How does he know that,probably never even heard of or knew where Elgin City were. And to top it off they are delighted Lafferty scored against the mighty City. You could not make it up

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member GreenLake's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ardenttwo View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Heard it all now. Cathro says that Elgin is not an easy place to come to and win. How does he know that,probably never even heard of or knew where Elgin City were. And to top it off they are delighted Lafferty scored against the mighty City. You could not make it up
    They must be chuffed going to a stadium with less capacity than theirs though.

Blog Entries
    There are one or two dissenters, but there is an air of relief to get their first competitive win since February. . Lafferty is a legend in the making and their goal was from a set piece showing progress on the training ground and Cathro coming good.

@hibs.net private member Baader's Avatar
    Huge win for them. Sky's the limit with Cathro at the helm.

They had some good early chances but soon ran out of ideas. Wing backs were getting a lot of cross balls in and marking from corners was poor from Elgin. Middle of the park is where Hearts are struggling as Cowie and Bauben offer little creativity and Walker soon didn't look interested. They resorted to punts from Berra to Lafferty in the second half.
    Elgin had a couple of good chances near the end and could have equalised.
    Hearts have a lot of work to do, look miles away at present.

Ultimately they are a crappy wee team that nobody cares a jot about except for their own fans. Elgin are p1sh as well.

@hibs.net private member Bostonhibby's Avatar
    He's back!

Thank you Father Dougal for giving us all a laugh after a dull spell.

Still makes no sense but one day we'll all catch up with you.

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk

"I did not need any persuasion to play for such a great club, the Hibs result is still one of the first I look for"

Sir Matt Busby

Testimonial Due
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim44 View Post
    There are one or two dissenters, but there is an air of relief to get their first competitive win since February. . Lafferty is a legend in the making and their goal was from a set piece showing progress on the training ground and Cathro coming good.
    All they need to hope for now is getting a free kick on edge of the box they can take quickly and the opposing team switching off every week!

@hibs.net private member
    To be fair he's from Dundee and probably has a better idea of where Elginis than many of their fans. An easy mistake to make though since he sounds like he comes from a different planet. 🤖

@hibs.net private member California-Hibs's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: BringTheCairds

It's a shame we don't play them till round 11 as we'd destroy them early on. Hopefully they can stumble through the first few games to keep the master tactician in a job.

It'll take them a few weeks to gel as well though so they may yet come good.

Some absolute nonsense gets spouted on here at times:

Cathro doesn't know where Elgin City are from and a team are happy their new signing scored for them.

Yeah you "could not make it up".

@hibs.net private member greenginger's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenNWhiteArmy View Post
    It's a shame we don't play them till round 11 as we'd destroy them early on. Hopefully they can stumble through the first few games to keep the master tactician in a job.

I think they are going to have to gel with a few more away fixtures.

I was having a chat with the site foreman a couple of days ago and I asked if they would be ready for the Aberdeen game.

No chance was the reply, and he went on to tell me that Mrs Budge has asked the SPFL if Hearts would be allowed to play a further two home games away.

Quote Originally Posted by greenginger View Post

I was having a chat with the site foreman a couple of days ago and I asked if they would be ready for the Aberdeen game.

No chance was the reply, and he went on to tell me that Mrs Budge has asked the SPFL if Hearts would be allowed to play a further two home games away.
    An absolute joke that they are allowed to rearrange any fixtures at all. Will they expect Hibs to move games when they have a dozen or so home games in a row? Tynie was playable last Friday night, its playable now and they should never have been given any dispensation at all.

Testimonial Due
    Quote Originally Posted by greenginger View Post

I hope they are told no.

They can play friendlies and league cup games at tynie, so why not league games?

Plus, while playing 5 games in a row away is difficult, having arun of five or so home matches later in the season would be a big advantage.

Suck it up, if they got their plans wrong it should be their problem to deal with, not inconveniencing all the other teams.

@hibs.net private member Bostonhibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Kato View Post
    An absolute joke that they are allowed to rearrange any fixtures at all. Will they expect Hibs to move games when they have a dozen or so home games in a row? Tynie was playable last Friday night, its playable now and they should never have been given any dispensation at all.
    Plenty clubs in Scotland play in half built grounds in front of three stands whilst part of the ground looks like a building site, don't see much difference here?

unless there's some reason why the SPFL don't want games to be played there even though they certainly can when it suits hearts?

"I did not need any persuasion to play for such a great club, the Hibs result is still one of the first I look for"

Sir Matt Busby

Quote Originally Posted by Bostonhibby View Post
    Plenty clubs in Scotland play in half built grounds in front of three stands whilst part of the ground looks like a building site, don't see much difference here?

unless there's some reason why the SPFL don't want games to be played there even though they certainly can when it suits hearts?
    The only reason there is, is that Hearts would lose out financially. Every other club has to accommodate them for the sake of their bank balance.

@hibs.net private member jacomo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenNWhiteArmy View Post

Hertz have a tough start. Can Cathy survive first 10 games? Let's hope so.

@hibs.net private member Hibbyradge's Avatar
    Sorry to p on your parade, but I would be genuinely astonished if anyone who lived in Scotland, never mind someone born in Dundee, hadn't heard of Elgin.

Also, I'm always delighted when a Hibs striker scores a winner.

A 1-0 win away at Elgin might not be a spectacular result against a Div 2 team, but I'm not sure a 3-0 home win against one is anything to crow about either. Having said that, a 1-0 win for us in the away fixture will be job done although I hope for more.
    Buy nothing online unless you check for free cashback here first. I've already earned £2,389.68!

Quote Originally Posted by jacomo View Post
    Hertz have a tough start. Can Cathy survive first 10 games? Let's hope so.
    That's my worry. He's out a job and Hartley is in by the time they come to ER. Much different proposition we'd be facing then

Testimonial Due
    What do you want him to say he's disappointed they won & dissapointed lafferty scored ??
    What couldn't you make up ? What am I missing,are his comments so shockingly outrageous ??

@hibs.net private member greenginger's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Kato View Post
    I guess its a case of first asking the League, if they can ask the opposition if they are willing to swop.

If either say no they will have to play in front of three stands and offer some sort of compensation to those who have bought seats in the new mega stand and can't make the re-arranged fixture.

Maybe an brick from old stand would suffice .

Dunfermline gubbed the mighty Elgin anaw lol

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: calhill19
    Who cares about Cathro, Hearts, Lafferty or Cathro's geography? Can we not just stick to discussing our own team and not appearing to be obsessed with their every move?

So Hearts scraped a 1-0 win against the same side that lost 6-0 to Dunfermline on Saturday?

Impressive.

Quote Originally Posted by HibbyCal View Post
    Who cares about Cathro, Hearts, Lafferty or Cathro's geography? Can we not just stick to discussing our own team and not appearing to be obsessed with their every move?
    Why?

@hibs.net private member lord bunberry's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibbyradge View Post
    Sorry to p on your parade, but I would be genuinely astonished if anyone who lived in Scotland, never mind someone born in Dundee, hadn't heard of Elgin.

Also, I'm always delighted when a Hibs striker scores a winner.

A 1-0 win away at Elgin might not be a spectacular result against a Div 2 team, but I'm not sure a 3-0 home win against one is anything to crow about either. Having said that, a 1-0 win for us in the away fixture will be job done although I hope for more.
    Thank god we won 4-0 then

United we stand here....

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by HibbyCal View Post
    You must be very obsessed to come on to a thread about Hearts and complain about their being threads about Hearts.

Another fairytale victory for the boys in maroon against a well drilled side

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: calhill19
    Quote Originally Posted by High-On-Hibs View Post
    You must be very obsessed to come on to a thread about Hearts and complain about their being threads about Hearts.
    Wouldn't call it obsessed in the slightest? Perhaps if I had posted the same thing aobut several posts about Hearts.

If you prefer to discuss Hearts than Hibs though, then go on ahead. Find it a little strange myself.