hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
    @hibs.net private member hibeerealist's Avatar

Finally dumped SKY SPORTS

Been thinking/intending on doing this for a few years. What they give us is an insult, not only when compared to the EPL but the other leagues in Europe and probably elsewhere.

I have read the other thread about Setanta and SPL scenario but even then we were not exactly well paid for our product.

SKY are just ramming us and I have had it with them, hopefully a huge number of Scottish fans dump them and maybe then they will get real.

Rant over!

2. Log in to remove the advert

I got rid of them last year, Awful broadcasters for Scottish Football although the SC Final coverage was no bad :).

Even with all the top games Sky was expensive, but with no Champions League and losing out on some of the top games to BT it really is a ridiculous price.

Not to mention the stupid amounts of money it gives the English league's.

@hibs.net private member JohnMcM's Avatar
    I dumped them last season after I saw the monetary figures and the scheduling at that point. Stuff them and their attitude toward Scottish football in general.

Thought initially I was cutting of my nose to spite my face, turns out I'm not alone.

Mine went 6 months ago. Can't say I miss it too much.

Quote Originally Posted by hibeerealist View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Been thinking/intending on doing this for a few years. What they give us is an insult, not only when compared to the EPL but the other leagues in Europe and probably elsewhere.

I have read the other thread about Setanta and SPL scenario but even then we were not exactly well paid for our product.

SKY are just ramming us and I have had it with them, hopefully a huge number of Scottish fans dump them and maybe then they will get real.

Rant over!
    I've never subscribed to Sky and never will. They literally pump money into minority sports to create an audience. Netball, American "soccer", fishing for **** sake. They would happily pay for a Glasgow derby every week but actively **** the rest of us over with little money and ridiculous kick-off times. I know other channels are as bad but it is driven by Sky and accepted by the football authorities in Scotland. I'd rather tell them to ram it and play our games at 3:00 pm on a Saturday.

@hibs.net private member Kojock's Avatar
    I likewise dumped Sky last year, was paying over £100 per month, no way is it worth anything near that.

Rant over!
    Well done, did the same when I saw our premiership teams get £15 million a season from the TV companies and premiership teams in Denmark get £26 million.
    How the hell an that be? Vote with your feet.
    Last edited by CMurdoch; 18-07-2017 at 03:19 PM.

I subscribe at Christmas just for the Darts.

Never had Sky Sports, but me and the missus dumped Sky altogether earlier this year. What you get for your money is poor. Get Free Sat through our old box and still get the majority of channels we watched anyway.

Plus if Rupert Murdoch ends owning them outright... No thanks!

Left by mutual consent! Col_0762's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Kojock View Post
    I likewise dumped Sky last year, was paying over £100 per month, no way is it worth anything near that.
    Why do folk pay that much? Mines is c£35 for my tv package. That's the full shooting match. I got that offer in October last year and it runs for a year. When that is about to expire, you phone them up, cancel, wait till around the week before they switch you off, receive the phone call from them and get roughly the same deal for another year, give or take a few quid depending what they can do at that time. Sure my one before was about £36 for 6 months. I'm amazed anyone pays even close to £100 for a sky tv package.

Rant over!
    Well done mate. I have been urging friends and family to do it as well.

Ruining our game and making English football more profitable.

Testimonial Due The Captain....'s Avatar
    Finally got rid a couple of months ago..haven't missed it so far..was fed up with EPL and CL on Sky & BT...pale imitations of the Hibees! Loads seem to be following suit according to an article I remember reading a month or so ago...could be the beginning of the end of EPL silly money for average players soon maybe.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Rant over!
    Well done.

It would be great if more Scottish football fans done likewise.

I will watch a EPL or champions league if I'm in the pub, but the majority of the time I couldn't care less about these overpaid spectacles.

@hibs.net private member Bostonhibby's Avatar

Rant over!
    Good on you.

Dumped them years ago simply because I felt it was Scottish fans subsidising the bloated circus that's the English transfer market. If plenty more do it who knows what might happen.

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk

"I did not need any persuasion to play for such a great club, the Hibs result is still one of the first I look for"

Sir Matt Busby

@hibs.net private member Callum_62's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Wii Code: 0083-4364-6418-4974
    Quote Originally Posted by Col_0762 View Post
    Why do folk pay that much? Mines is c£35 for my tv package. That's the full shooting match. I got that offer in October last year and it runs for a year. When that is about to expire, you phone them up, cancel, wait till around the week before they switch you off, receive the phone call from them and get roughly the same deal for another year, give or take a few quid depending what they can do at that time. Sure my one before was about £36 for 6 months. I'm amazed anyone pays even close to £100 for a sky tv package.
    Agree - had friends n fam deal at £30 p/m, that just ran out so phoned and asked what they could give

£38.75 per month

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Coaching Staff
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Myjo5984 Wii Code: 3916 0145 9394 9493
    Stopped paying for Sky almost two years ago, went to BT for my broadband and get BT sport for free. I have little interest in English football and even less interest in helping to fund the crazy money that is being spent down there.

The only thing i was ever interested in watching on sky sports apart from Hibs was the NFL but I stream the NFL network and American broadcasts instead now.

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Nick T Muir
    I like it. Not sure I'll ever get rid but then again, apart from Hibs, I can take or leave Scottish football.

Not saying it's great value for money in general but I certainly watch enough for it to be worth it to me.

Each to their own though.

I ditched it about a year ago for similar reasons. Individually it's not much but collectively I hope their profits take a massive drop!

The problem we have though is that we live in the social media age so the demand for football coverage, particularly of the EPL will unfortunately always be there.

Quote Originally Posted by GreenNWhiteArmy View Post
    I ditched it about a year ago for similar reasons. Individually it's not much but collectively I hope their profits take a massive drop!

The problem we have though is that we live in the social media age so the demand for football coverage, particularly of the EPL will unfortunately always be there.
    It's all available for free anyway through kodi. Cancelled a while back and have not missed it.
    Still have Netflix though but that it great value for money.

Rant over!
    Did this 18 months ago absolutely disgusting the money getting pumped into English leagues ...and its knackering football.So binned them would rather spend it on Hibs ...

I think i'd even refuse to take it even if it was for nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by Ozyhibby View Post
    It's all available for free anyway through kodi. Cancelled a while back and have not missed it.
    Still have Netflix though but that it great value for money.

We use the same methods to watch our entertainment my friend. I get Netflix for £2.20 a month and my sport free (not that I watch a lot these days mind you)

Not sure when Kodi will be shut down for good but it's a great source right now 👌

First Team Breakthrough
    Why do the Scottish league not get a correct percentage of the money going into the English game? Surely the sfa can ask for games not to be shown in Scotland when a Scottish match is on? Bloody ridiculous that kids are waltzing around with English premiership strips on, 10% of what the English leagues get would be correct population wise and that we be an eye watering sum of money.
    Sick to the back teeth of teams who couldn't lick spit of the feet of hibs now snatching any half decent Scottish player for peanuts.
    Rant over

@hibs.net private member Scouse Hibee's Avatar
    Had it for years and would never drop it, each to their own.

@hibs.net private member
    I got rid last year keep phoning up offering unique deals but I tell them I have to refuse because of the pittance they offer Scottish football. Twice I've been met with but but you get great English coverage to which I answer do I sound English.

They have to know that you leave because of poor Scottish football coverage. Maybe if enough do then we can get a deal worthy of our money.

GGTTH

@hibs.net private member snooky's Avatar
    Never had it, never wanted it, never will want it.
    Screw Murdoch & his ilk.
    Peace to all mankind.
    Sermon over.

@hibs.net private member

Rant over!
    I stopped subscribing to Sky Sports about 6 months ago, partly due to cost, (they not only increased the price of sports when they won the new rights package to show the EPL, they also put a pound or two on other packages and broadband) but mostly because of the massive amount of money given to the English clubs in comparison to the amount the Scottish clubs get, the financial disparity between the top two tiers of English football and the Scottish top division is frightening and I didn't want to contribute to that, much better to support my local team and league. Oh, I also haven't missed it a bit!

Never had it, never will. A bloated grotesque product I have little interest in.

That evil old global controlling megalomaniac will never darken my doorstep.

Dont subscribe to any now but with wonders of android apps I can screen it all on my tv. :-)