hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Tonights games

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar

Tonights games

Aberdeen 1-1 after 69 mins with another team i have never heard of.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member greenlex's Avatar
    Sergey will be along shortly to tell us how pish Scottish fitba is and how Lowestoft would take six of that mob.
    Last edited by greenlex; 14-07-2017 at 02:51 AM.

Poor if 3 of the 4 clubs go out at first stage....Can see sellick going through
    "There's class, there's first class and there's Hibs class" - Eddie Turnbull

@hibs.net private member lapsedhibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by greenlex View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Sergey will be along shortly to tell us his push Scottish rutabaga is and hiw Lowestoft would take sux of that mob.
    It's true, we're ***** at rutabaga.

@hibs.net private member cabbageandribs1875's Avatar
    25 clubs in this lot i've never heard of

http://www.uefa.com/livescores/index.html

i see the conquerors of sevco got beat at home by some team called AEL(who)
    Last edited by cabbageandribs1875; 13-07-2017 at 09:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by blackpoolhibs View Post
    They played the big team about 10 years ago in the Champions League qualifiers and lost 3-0 on aggregate.

Sergey will be along shortly to tell us his push Scottish rutabaga is and hiw Lowestoft would take sux of that mob.
    Has this been written in the dons oppositions language?

Quote Originally Posted by blackpoolhibs View Post
    Obviously not as far ahead in recruitment as some keep insisting. Seems only bad finishing stopped the dons losing. Rather they went through but shows they aren't as good as many make out.

Quote Originally Posted by mjhibby View Post
    Obviously not as far ahead in recruitment as some keep insisting. Seems only bad finishing stopped the dons losing. Rather they went through but shows they aren't as good as many make out.
    They don't even have the excuse of saying that they were playing a team that's midway through their season as the Bosnian season doesn't start for over a week.

Was that at Pittodrie? If it's away from home it's a great result for them.

Left by mutual consent!
    It was at home. Wonder if they’ll add another star to their shirt if they get the away win.

Quote Originally Posted by 660 View Post
    It was at home. Wonder if they’ll add another star to their shirt if they get the away win.
    Up against it then. Haha the stars are a bit cringey. A defunct European tournament and a pre season friendly.

We lost v copenhagen home tie then took to wire. Dons not out yet and for us are the team to catch. Aberdeen have produced some good european results and while I wish was Hibs I hope they can turn round. We need our teams to do best they can at euro level to benefit domestic game.

Testimonial Due
    Quote Originally Posted by KingDomofFife84 View Post
    Up against it then. Haha the stars are a bit cringey. A defunct European tournament and a pre season friendly.
    Steady on, thats a bit harsh.

Look how we have celebrated winning the Scottish Cup... they beat Real Madrid ffs in a European final - every right to celebrate that.

Quote Originally Posted by KingDomofFife84 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by SouthsideHarp_Bhoy View Post

Look how we have celebrated winning the Scottish Cup... they beat Real Madrid ffs in a European final - every right to celebrate that.
    Exactly ...... If that had been Hibs we would have a star on the shirt for each team we knocked out on the way to winning it and a minutes applause at the 83rd minute of every home game ever since. KingDomofFife's comment was on a thread partly bemoaning Scotland's lack of success in Europe over the last decade or so, to the point now where there's every chance 3 of our 4 teams will be out of Europe before the league season even starts ....... That's bloody bad enough without folk belittling the achievement of one of our few clubs who actually have won a European competition and who beat arguably the world's biggest and most famous club to do it.

Short of summer football I cant see what we are going to do about Scotland's woeful European record over the last 10 years .... You only have to look at the upsurge in the fortunes of Irish football, a league full of clubs who can only dream of the resources available to our top clubs, over the last few years to conclude that having a load of competitive games under your belt as you approach the early European rounds does make a difference ...........Unfortunately in this country and especially with football 'its aye been' sadly always seems to trump 'what could be'

@hibs.net private member
    One major reason Scots clubs are so pish in Europe is most Scottish teams are effectively dismantled at the end of each season - so that the team's competing in Europe are usually bereft of many of the talented players that got them there. That's certainly been the case every time Hibs have made Europe over the last 20 years or so with the noteable exception of last year when the core of the team that won the cup was maintained and came within a baw hair of knocking out a very decent Brondby side.

Quote Originally Posted by NAE NOOKIE View Post
    Exactly ...... If that had been Hibs we would have a star on the shirt for each team we knocked out on the way to winning it and a minutes applause at the 83rd minute of every home game ever since. KingDomofFife's comment was on a thread partly bemoaning Scotland's lack of success in Europe over the last decade or so, to the point now where there's every chance 3 of our 4 teams will be out of Europe before the league season even starts ....... That's bloody bad enough without folk belittling the achievement of one of our few clubs who actually have won a European competition and who beat arguably the world's biggest and most famous club to do it.

Short of summer football I cant see what we are going to do about Scotland's woeful European record over the last 10 years .... You only have to look at the upsurge in the fortunes of Irish football, a league full of clubs who can only dream of the resources available to our top clubs, over the last few years to conclude that having a load of competitive games under your belt as you approach the early European rounds does make a difference ...........Unfortunately in this country and especially with football 'its aye been' sadly always seems to trump 'what could be'
    Both the Luxembourgers and that team last night were or are in pre season. The season only finished a matter of weeks ago. I'm not in the Summer football being the answer to be honest. I just think the standard has dipped and elsewhere in general it's better. Even internationally there are few real doings handed out.
    Last edited by greenlex; 14-07-2017 at 11:02 AM.

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by basehibby View Post
    One major reason Scots clubs are so pish in Europe is most Scottish teams are effectively dismantled at the end of each season - so that the team's competing in Europe are usually bereft of many of the talented players that got them there. That's certainly been the case every time Hibs have made Europe over the last 20 years or so with the noteable exception of last year when the core of the team that won the cup was maintained and came within a baw hair of knocking out a very decent Brondby side.
    Correct and an added problem on top of the fitness and match sharpness issue, particularly against teams who have started their season.

They've already got their transfers in place and settled in - we usually play these games when we've still go two months of the window open and hardy anyone in the door yet.

Left by mutual consent! Iggy Pope's Avatar
    I see Progres were beaten at home by AEL.
    One can only hope that hundreds of Huns took a punt on cheap flights to Cyprus for the 2nd leg when that draw was made.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by SouthsideHarp_Bhoy View Post

I'm sure they celebrated it at the time - to put stars on your shirt 20 years after the fact is embarrassing.

The teams we are losing to have tiny budgets, so it's not the quality of our players that's the problem or we could just buy all their players. It's because we are not preparing properly for the games. Aberdeen only got back to training two weeks ago. We really need to rethink our calendar.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The Cup Winners Cup was a very decent competition back in the day. No way should anyone be scoffing at a team for winning that.

Modern European competition isn't a patch on it.

The Champions League is an over-rated self-preservation society. In many ways I actually prefer the Europa League - real teams who I am sure actually appreciate the fact that they are playing in Europe, until the whole thing is ruined by the rejects from the self-preservation society getting parachuted in to win it at the end.

I don't think the abject performance of our clubs in Europe truly reflect how good or bad we are - I think we're miles better than these results suggest. We do so badly because the games start at a time when our clubs are hopelessly under-prepared to be playing competitive football. The only thing that I could see changing that would be to change the time our season begins and ends at.

I don't think these teams who have been getting good results against Rangers, Aberdeen and St Johnstone would get anything like as good results against them in November.

Both the Luxembourgers and that team last night were or are in pre season. The season only finished a matter of weeks ago. I'm not in the Summer football being the answer to be honest. I just think the standard has dipped and elsewhere in general it's better. Even internationally there are few real doings handed out.
    That may be true, but all it does is even out the tie, where Scottish teams should be well ahead in terms of ability, as seen in pre season friendlies it totally evens up the tie.

I'm not advocating "Summer football" as such, but I would like our season to start much earlier, and finish in March. This would mean far more coverage for our national game when the English league is off, and also give our teams a far greater chance when it comes to Europe. It makes no sense at all to carry on without trying to change anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Ozyhibby View Post
    The teams we are losing to have tiny budgets, so it's not the quality of our players that's the problem or we could just buy all their players. It's because we are not preparing properly for the games. Aberdeen only got back to training two weeks ago. We really need to rethink our calendar.

The team they were playing are at exactly the same stage. It's not an excuse. All you have to do is look at the attendance we got last week and the sales for tomorrow to see how bad summer football would be

But the team that humiliated Rangers are at exactly the same stage of their season as Rangers.

Clubs should also consider running players contacts through to the end of July so that players won't be leaving until the first couple of games are out the way.

Testimonial Due
    Quote Originally Posted by 660 View Post
    I'm sure they celebrated it at the time - to put stars on your shirt 20 years after the fact is embarrassing.
    I respectfully disagree, its not embarrassing in the slightest.

Quote Originally Posted by Ozyhibby View Post
    Clubs should also consider running players contacts through to the end of July so that players won't be leaving until the first couple of games are out the way.

Players won't sign those types of contract. It's not really in their interests.

@hibs.net private member Billy Whizz's Avatar
    Linfield 0-1 Celtic, Sinclair

Loads of empty seats at the stadium

@hibs.net private member Billy Whizz's Avatar
    2-0 now