hibs.net Messageboard

Page 6 of 20 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Thread: Stokes Loan

Left by mutual consent! Iggy Pope's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ozyhibby View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Gave zibi a 3 year deal after the 2006 semi final and hid it from the fans.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by Iggy Pope View Post
    Hid it from the fans?
    That was a question if you're still about. Hid it from the fans?

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member Callum_62's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Wii Code: 0083-4364-6418-4974
    Fingers crossed hes signed next week

@hibs.net private member bingo70's Avatar
    That was my recollection as well tbf.

He gave him a 3 year deal and just never announced it.

Bizarre

Quote Originally Posted by bingo70 View Post
    That was my recollection as well tbf.

He gave him a 3 year deal and just never announced it.

Bizarre
    Tony Mowbray, whilst managing, coaching and picking the team was also responsible for announcing contract deals?
    Absolute ****ing garbage more than bizarre.

Apologies, I never saw this. My recollection was that he gave him a new contract not long after the 06 semi but there was no announcement at all from the club. I can't think of us ever renewing a contract of a first team player at the club and not announce it to the press. There were rumours on message boards about it a couple of months later but no confirmation. I think it only came out that he had a new 3 year deal after Mowbray left.

Apologies, I never saw this. My recollection was that he gave him a new contract not long after the 06 semi but there was no announcement at all from the club. I can't think of us ever renewing a contract of a first team player at the club and not announce it to the press. There were rumours on message boards about it a couple of months later but no confirmation. I think it only came out that he had a new 3 year deal after Mowbray left.

That's exactly how I remember it happening!!!

He, Tony Mowbray though, sanctioned this contract on his own (without board approval?) and thereafter deliberately hid it (as you suggested) from the media and therefore the general public? And me a shareholder of this very organisation......bollocks.

He, Tony Mowbray though, sanctioned this contract on his own (without board approval?) and thereafter deliberately hid it (as you suggested) from the media and therefore the general public? And me a shareholder of this very organisation......bollocks.
    There was no suggestion of hiding it from the board. His contract was renewed. There was no communication to tell fans about this. Rumours were rife on message boards. Eventually it was confirmed - I'm sure after Mowbray had left the club!!

My recollection was actually a 4 year contract but it was definitely announced when Mowbray was still here. I remember him indignantly talking about his 'highly competent' goalkeeper which really did make me lose faith in him.

There was definitely a delay in announcing it though.

Ok, you win. It never happened.

Quote Originally Posted by Dibben View Post
    There was no suggestion of hiding it from the board. His contract was renewed. There was no communication to tell fans about this. Rumours were rife on message boards. Eventually it was confirmed - I'm sure after Mowbray had left the club!!
    How on earth would this be down to Mowbray? Managers announce contract renewals? The suggestion is that Tony Mowbray hid this deal from the fans.

Eddie Turnbull thought Roddie McKenzie could do a job for Hibs. Every manager makes mistakes in the transfer market. Every one.

Quote Originally Posted by Shrekko View Post
    My recollection was actually a 4 year contract but it was definitely announced when Mowbray was still here. I remember him indignantly talking about his 'highly competent' goalkeeper which really did make me lose faith in him.

There was definitely a delay in announcing it though.
    Different again.

@hibs.net private member snooky's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Dibben View Post
    That's exactly how I remember it happening!!!
    Me 2

Ok, you win. It never happened.

I don't think it did. Let's talk about it at the next HSL meeting to make sure there's no likelihood of it ever happening again. Unless you're on Netflix that night.

I don't think it did. Let's talk about it at the next HSL meeting to make sure there's no likelihood of it ever happening again. Unless you're on Netflix that night.
    Make sure what doesn't happen again?

Quote Originally Posted by Kato View Post
    Eddie Turnbull thought Roddie McKenzie could do a job for Hibs. Every manager makes mistakes in the transfer market. Every one.
    Ask Doddie about Eddie Turnbull buying Joe Harper........

Testimonial Due
    Quote Originally Posted by HoboHarry View Post
    Ask Doddie about Eddie Turnbull buying Joe Harper........
    Better crank up the swear filter.

And back to the original thread...any news on Stokes?

Quote Originally Posted by Col2 View Post
    And back to the original thread...any news on Stokes?
    Hes not coming...probably never was but we're bound to find someone else nowhere near as good

@hibs.net private member silverhibee's Avatar
    STOKES SETBACK Neil Lennon’s Hibs fear they are about to be priced out of move for ex-Celtic star Anthony Stokes
    SunSport revealed Neil Lennon’s desire to bring the Scottish Cup hero back to Easter Road for a third stint but Stokes has had other offers that ‘blow Hibs out of the water’ in terms of wages
    EXCLUSIVE

By Kenny Millar
    15th July 2017, 9:43 am Updated: 15th July 2017, 10:28 am

HIBS fear they are about to be priced out of a move for Anthony Stokes.

SunSport revealed Neil Lennon’s desire to bring the Scottish Cup hero back to Easter Road for a third stint and after a series of talks with the striker both the Hibees boss and club chiefs were increasingly optimistic that a deal could be struck.

Stokes is understood to have told them that it was his wish to return and he took in Lewis Stevenson’s testimonial match against Sunderland last Sunday.

Complex, protracted negotiations between the player and Blackburn over a severance package to bring about an early end to his contract had stalled negotiations, but it’s thought an agreement HAS finally been reached on that front.

However, that’s alerted rival suitors to Stokes’ availability with the former Republic of Ireland international having had alternative offers that ‘blow Hibs out of the water’ in terms of wages.

Lennon is said to have told Stokes that he can get the best out of him – as he did during their time together at Celtic – after a troubled spell with Rovers.

Former Hibs boss Tony Mowbray is keen to offload the 28-year-old, who managed only four goals last season at Ewood Park, and said previously that his absence from the first-team squad was to do with ‘personal issues’.

As well as Lennon, there are others close to Stokes who have made the same pitch to him, advising that he would be better off back in an environment he’s thrived in twice before, but his head has been turned by more lucrative options.

Hibs haven’t yet thrown in the towel but are continuing to pursue other targets, with top scorer Jason Cummings’ departure to Nottingham Forest leaving Lennon with only summer signing Simon Murray and highly-rated youngster Oli Shaw to choose from – with Brian Graham having been told he can leave if he finds another club.

They retain an interest in in-demand Motherwell striker Louis Moult but, like Aberdeen, are some distance apart from the Steelmen in their valuation of the 25-year-old.

In a boost for the Hibees, they have agreed a deal to bring right-back Steven Whittaker back to Easter Road and – a move first reported by SunSport.

After formally cutting ties with Norwich, Whittaker will be unveiled next week after penning a three-year deal.

Whittaker said: “I am delighted to be back at Hibernian. When I decided to return to Scotland, Hibernian was the club I hoped to come to. While the discussions have taken a while, they have always been positive and I am very pleased to be back playing at Easter Road for the Hibernian fans, and I hope I can play my part in ensuring a successful return to the top flight.”

I still can't believe that anyone can quote or take anyone that writes of that rag seriously.

Quote Originally Posted by Cod Boy View Post
    I still can't believe that anyone can quote or take anyone that writes of that rag seriously.
    If you would actually pay attention to your sources rather than blindly dismissing them then you'd know that Kenny Millar is easily the most reliable journalist when it comes to Hibs transfers, doesn't matter what sheity paper he's working for

@hibs.net private member snooky's Avatar
    Reading this article suggests to me we're going to fail to sign Stokes. It almost sounds like it's been leaked to the Press on purpose to prepare us for the disappointment.
    The scenario of us going for a popular player then failing to sign them just before the window closes has been played out so many times in the past. In fact, it's probably had more performances than "The Mouse Trap".
    I'm still hoping he signs for us though.

@hibs.net private member Libby Hibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 1van Sprou7e View Post
    If you would actually pay attention to your sources rather than blindly dismissing them then you'd know that Kenny Millar is easily the most reliable journalist when it comes to Hibs transfers, doesn't matter what sheity paper he's working for
    Whilst Kenny Millar has his finger on the pulse when it comes to Hibs, there has also been a very noticeable softening recently towards Hearts related stories, perhaps due to his liking of Cathro, to which i find a tad bizarre.

No true Hibby can surely write anything remotely positive about them haha.

Quote Originally Posted by snooky View Post
    Reading this article suggests to me we're going to fail to sign Stokes. It almost sounds like it's been leaked to the Press on purpose to prepare us for the disappointment.
    The scenario of us going for a popular player then failing to sign them just before the window closes has been played out so many times in the past. In fact, it's probably had more performances than "The Mouse Trap".
    I'm still hoping he signs for us though.
    If other teams are offering wages far in excess of our offer then it's game over, he won't be coming to Hibs.
    Every gimmick hungry yob,
    Digging gold from rock and roll
    Grabs the mic to tell us,
    He'll die before he's sold.

Testimonial Due
    Quote Originally Posted by marinello59 View Post
    If other teams are offering wages far in excess of our offer then it's game over, he won't be coming to Hibs.
    Yes this deal is dead in the water. The boys got bills to pay. But who would take him?

Make sure what doesn't happen again?

Underhand moves by the people at our club, deliberately hiding stuff from the fans, the part owners.

Quote Originally Posted by SingHibs View Post
    Yes this deal is dead in the water. The boys got bills to pay. But who would take him?

Aberdeen ?

Quote Originally Posted by Betty Boop View Post
    Aberdeen ?
    If he ends up at Aberdeen this place will go into meltdown , alot of folk will find it hard to accept if we lose out on him for the sake of a grand or 2 a week