hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    @hibs.net private member

(NHC) German football, help needed.

Desperately needing some help, organising my mates stag do in Hamburg the second weekend in August. Both Hamburg and St Pauli have been drawn away from home scuppering our hopes to go to either ground. Can anyone tell me if any of the other games are in or in close proximity to Hamburg?

http://www.worldfootball.net/competition/dfb-pokal/

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by chlub Hibernian View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Desperately needing some help, organising my mates stag do in Hamburg the second weekend in August. Both Hamburg and St Pauli have been drawn away from home scuppering our hopes to go to either ground. Can anyone tell me if any of the other games are in or in close proximity to Hamburg?

Bremen is only an hour away from Hamburg. Werder are still in the top league there.

Bremen's an hour away. Hannover an hour and a half should Bremen be away also that weekend.

It's amazing what a quick deek on Google Maps could have revealed!!

Enjoy Hamburg. One of my favourite cities anywhere in the world

Private Members Prediction League Winner Hibrandenburg's Avatar

Eintracht Norderstedt are at home to Wolfsburg that weekend. Norderstedt are in one of the German 4th Divisions and it's just north of Hamburg airport. A taxi from Hamburg town centre will cost you about €50 but if you take one from the airport it'll cost you less than €30. Some of the German lower league teams have some cracking facilities and a game against Wolfsburg should give it a decent atmosphere. Might be worth a bash.

First Team Breakthrough
    I would say go to Eintracht Norderstedt V VFL Wolfsburg, DFB Pokal game which should generate a good crowd and atmosphere.

You can get the U1 towards (Norderstedt Mitte) get off at Garstedt from there it's about a 5-10 minute walk to the ground.

Bratwurst, Beer & Football ahhhh bliss

Go to German football games a lot with my son. Werder bremen is where I go, very good fans and good atmosphere, not too far away from hamburg as well.

Sent from my F3211 using Tapatalk

In failing to get to a game go to the jolly roger pub which most people follow st pauli

@hibs.net private member
    Cheers everyone, the Jolly Roger comes highly recommended.

Cheers everyone, the Jolly Roger comes highly recommended.
    It's really just a German Bairds.

Worth a visit though. You might meet someone connected to the St Pauli ownership!

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by sambajustice View Post
    It's really just a German Bairds.

Worth a visit though. You might meet someone connected to the St Pauli ownership!
    Any other pubs or entertainment venues anyone can recommend?

The St Pauli district is just an area of utter nonsense. You won't have to go far to find some entertainment or pubs.

I'm just back from there on Monday past. An experience!

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by sambajustice View Post
    The St Pauli district is just an area of utter nonsense. You won't have to go far to find some entertainment or pubs.

I'm just back from there on Monday past. An experience!
    Cheap or expensive for a pint and food?

Depends where you go really. Ours was a drinking weekend so not too expensive. Down the Reeperbahn you can pick up 4 pints for €16-20 which isn't too cheap really. We were in the Jolly Rodger just round the corner and 330ml bottles of the local bevy were $2 each.

Where are you staying about? We were up near the train station.

First Team Breakthrough
    Eateries Kleine Pause, fantastic food, huge portions & cheap

Pubs -- Shebeen -- Unique as it's a bar and a hairdressers. Also Zum Silbersack -- for those who like German Schlager Music, nice atmosphere worth a stop try a Ratsherrn nice beer !!. If its a nice day try Strand St Pauli -- Beach Bar on the water front.

All these places are in and around the Reeperbahn in St. Pauli. There are so many bars though you really are spoilt for choice

Private Members Prediction League Winner Hibrandenburg's Avatar
    Breakfast at the Fischmarkt. It's where you continue drinking after falling out the bars.

@hibs.net private member
    Any pubs that regularly show SPFL games live?

First Team Breakthrough
    Any pubs that regularly show SPFL games live?
    Possibly The Shamrock Irish Bar on Feldstrasse, can't say 100% they will show games, but have been in before and they had premier league games on, so might be a decent shout.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by St Pauli Hibee View Post
    Possibly The Shamrock Irish Bar on Feldstrasse, can't say 100% they will show games, but have been in before and they had premier league games on, so might be a decent shout.

Cheers

@hibs.net private member
    If you go to Bremen there is a pub at the top of an underpass leading to the ground, we had a great time in there when we went, the Germans couldn't buy us enough beer. Hopefully another Hibee will be able to help with a name for the pub.

If you haven't already booked your flights I'd highly recommend changing the weekend so that you can get a Hamburg home game. I've just had my stag do at the end of March in Hamburg and the atmosphere for the whole day surrounding the football was unreal. Fair enough the majority of the Hamburg fans are sporting Loyalist attire but the day out was one of the best I've had.

Same here, you do get put in a quest area above away fans and are quite high up but it's a brll day there and at €4 for a pint with german girls up an down the aisles selling pint it makes it all the better

Quote Originally Posted by Leith's finest View Post
    Same here, you do get put in a quest area above away fans and are quite high up but it's a brll day there and at €4 for a pint with german girls up an down the aisles selling pint it makes it all the better
    Aye they tried to put us in the family section above the away fans as we were trying to buy 40 tickets so we ended up making 6 different accounts to buy tickets in the home end above the standing section. The walk to the stadium from the train station is even a good time as well with all the pop up bars and such.

@hibs.net private member
    All organised for the Eintracht Norderstedt V VFL Wolfsburg game this weekend boys, thanks for all your comments a while back.

Gutted to be missing the game at Ibrox but I'll try and stream it to my phone.

Quote Originally Posted by HibsSean4 View Post
    If you haven't already booked your flights I'd highly recommend changing the weekend so that you can get a Hamburg home game. I've just had my stag do at the end of March in Hamburg and the atmosphere for the whole day surrounding the football was unreal. Fair enough the majority of the Hamburg fans are sporting Loyalist attire but the day out was one of the best I've had.

Stay away from the dark side if you are changing the date then get down to the St Pauli district and enjoy the fantastic atmosphere surrounded by amazing supporters. HSV are baby the Rangers in fact if you look at Stokesys first goal in the cup final there was an HSV flag in the Rangers end

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by StPauli View Post
    Stay away from the dark side if you are changing the date then get down to the St Pauli district and enjoy the fantastic atmosphere surrounded by amazing supporters. HSV are baby the Rangers in fact if you look at Stokesys first goal in the cup final there was an HSV flag in the Rangers end
    We are arriving on Friday mate.

Yip had a weekend footy trip to Hamburg a few years ago, there was a group of Huns on the plane also going to the match. However it was a great trip and I wouldn't say I felt any blue nose overtones once there; the atmosphere was fantastic, it was a sell out and they won 5-1.

What stood out was the fans behaviour, there was drinking on the train and in the stations, the supporters were mixed yet not a spot of bother; they actually had colour coded bottle banks on the walk to the ground which people were adhering too. We discussed at the time if this was Scotland there would almost certainly be fighting.

Hamburg also has a very interesting night life.....

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by DickieDastardly View Post
    Yip had a weekend footy trip to Hamburg a few years ago, there was a group of Huns on the plane also going to the match. However it was a great trip and I wouldn't say I felt any blue nose overtones once there; the atmosphere was fantastic, it was a sell out and they won 5-1.

What stood out was the fans behaviour, there was drinking on the train and in the stations, the supporters were mixed yet not a spot of bother; they actually had colour coded bottle banks on the walk to the ground which people were adhering too. We discussed at the time if this was Scotland there would almost certainly be fighting.

Hamburg also has a very interesting night life.....
    We'd heard about the nightlife. Welcoming we heard ha ha!

We are arriving on Friday mate.
    Enjoy all the delights that hamburg have to offer

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by StPauli View Post
    Enjoy all the delights that hamburg have to offer
    You couldn't give us a wee shortlist of pubs could you. Not really anything too fancy or expensive, places for banter, music, karaoke and birds.