hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    @hibs.net private member silverhibee's Avatar

Hibs shop. Deary me.

Went in to get 3 strips for the Grandkids today, sold out, no infant sizes left home or away kits.

Was speaking to a nice .netter who i had met in shop and we realised that the shop will not be getting in anymore stock for up to 3 weeks which is a f***ing joke for infant size strips, have Hibs not learned anything from the same complaints every year regards stock, FFS, I can understand them being sold out, but to be told it could be up to 3 weeks, maybe longer before they get another batch of stock in. What a joke.

The person i feel sorry for was the woman who came in with a kid who had come from HTC as she had been informed to go down to the Hibs shop and the tops would be on sale there, i think her kid has something to do with Lewis testimonial and she needed a infant top for Saturday, she had driven through from Glasgow and wasn't best pleased at all.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by silverhibee View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Went in to get 3 strips for the Grandkids today, sold out, no infant sizes left home or away kits.

Was speaking to a nice .netter who i had met in shop and we realised that the shop will not be getting in anymore stock for up to 3 weeks which is a f***ing joke for infant size strips, have Hibs not learned anything from the same complaints every year regards stock, FFS, I can understand them being sold out, but to be told it could be up to 3 weeks, maybe longer before they get another batch of stock in. What a joke.

The person i feel sorry for was the woman who came in with a kid who had come from HTC as she had been informed to go down to the Hibs shop and the tops would be on sale there, i think her kid has something to do with Lewis testimonial and she needed a infant top for Saturday, she had driven through from Glasgow and wasn't best pleased at all.

Seriously though, what with the holiday season upon us there's going to be a lot of disappointed fans around...

Professional thread starter Diclonius's Avatar
    The club shop appears not to have realised that since we won the Scottish Cup there's considerably more demand for merchandise. It's literally free money.

And they still don't have any Scottish Cup Winners Watches in
    You would think with selling over a thousand home tops on first day and then being out of stock they would have learnt Especially with Lewis Testimonial this Sunday given we don't have other friendlies st hime
    One of the reasons i was coming through for that was to buy stuff in shop before i head off to Portugal , but just know there will be nothing much i can buy
    New supplier but same old lead in times for new stock so the key is Order more at the outset They must have sales from last three years and know how many they shift initially and then how many they then order after selling out initial stock
    I know at some point they then are left with surplus stock they then have to discount to get rid of but there must be abetter way to get more in at outset
    No doubt Argyle Hibbie will enlighten us

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by RagingReality View Post
    The club shop appears not to have realised that since we won the Scottish Cup there's considerably more demand for merchandise. It's literally free money.
    How long have these problems being going on,sorry the buck stops with the board they need to get a grip of this.
    As you say missing out on free money.
    NOT good enough.

'For the grandkids....'

Right you are! ;o)

Quote Originally Posted by FranckSuzy View Post

Seriously though, what with the holiday season upon us there's going to be a lot of disappointed fans around...
    Yip. My son included in that. I suppose he does have his home kit to wear when we are away though.

It's a real shame that it's going to take 3 weeks for stock to arrive as it really should never take that long. However the club posted yesterday afternoon the sizes that were in stock and when out of stock would be back in. Not much more the club can do as they had clearly stated what wasn't in stock to prevent wasted journeys. If you were that desperate for the kit surely you could've bought it 2/3 days ago? The club can only do so much as they've stated it's been record sales for both kits so who's to say they hadn't ordered loads more than in previous years? Just feels like another thread to bash the club. If you want the kit surely it makes no difference if you can wear it on your holiday or not

@hibs.net private member
    They are sold out. That's good news for the club but more are coming in 3 weeks. I doubt the infants will notice the difference. Maybe time for Grandad to chill out. But yet another negative thread against the club. Why?

@hibs.net private member silverhibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by FranckSuzy View Post

That's it S, a lot of kids looking to get the new strip, home or away one, and nothing in the shop and up to 3 weeks wait before new stock comes in.

Maybe something the fans reps can look in to and hopefully get this resolved a lot quicker.

@hibs.net private member WhileTheChief..'s Avatar
    It's only 3 weeks, hardly the end of the world.

Apple will release a new iPhone later this year, it will sell out within hours and will be several weeks until they have new stock.

It happens.

@hibs.net private member FitbaFolkKen's Avatar
    Surely we could implement a system where people can pre order their kits and come in to collect them on launch day?

Or a way of measuring demand, a pop up on the website when you visit that asks, are you planning on purchasing the new strips? How many? Home or Away? and what size(s)?

Not everyone would take it but at least it would give some form of indicator as to demand.

Quote Originally Posted by The young one View Post
    It's a real shame that it's going to take 3 weeks for stock to arrive as it really should never take that long. However the club posted yesterday afternoon the sizes that were in stock and when out of stock would be back in. Not much more the club can do as they had clearly stated what wasn't in stock to prevent wasted journeys. If you were that desperate for the kit surely you could've bought it 2/3 days ago? The club can only do so much as they've stated it's been record sales for both kits so who's to say they hadn't ordered loads more than in previous years? Just feels like another thread to bash the club. If you want the kit surely it makes no difference if you can wear it on your holiday or not
    I will have money to spend on Sunday and was happy to spend it in Hibs shop I wont have same money to spend when i come back and therefore wont spend as much further down the line
    Its not knocking the club just for the sake if it ,its about knowing your customers and providing goods they want when they most want them

Quote Originally Posted by lucky View Post
    They are sold out. That's good news for the club but more are coming in 3 weeks. I doubt the infants will notice the difference. Maybe time for Grandad to chill out. But yet another negative thread against the club. Why?
    Golly gosh!

Maybe because our merchandising and the shop have been a shambles for years !

Not at all negative to point out on going issues that should be resolved.

@hibs.net private member Billy Whizz's Avatar

That's it S, a lot of kids looking to get the new strip, home or away one, and nothing in the shop and up to 3 weeks wait before new stock comes in.

Maybe something the fans reps can look in to and hopefully get this resolved a lot quicker.
    Silver, I put on a previous thread about possible better forecasting on strips/sizes on strips, and got shot down in flames by a fellow poster. Most business live or die with accurate forecasting

PS didn't you were that old to have grand kids🤣

Hibs cufflinks. Do they still sell them?

Quote Originally Posted by lucky View Post
    To be fair this has been a constant with the club store for many a season. I think people are entitled to gripe about it. Hibs fans wanting to give the club more of their hard-earned.

Quote Originally Posted by WhileTheChief.. View Post
    It's only 3 weeks, hardly the end of the world.

Apple will release a new iPhone later this year, it will sell out within hours and will be several weeks until they have new stock.

It happens.
    Don't think anyone's claiming it's the end of the world but neither, in my opinion, is it unreasonable to hope that the shop has enough stock to meet demand at what is surely the peak sales period, soon after launch and in time for school holidays. And you'd hope they'd have learnt some lessons and planned accordingly after last summer. 3 weeks is a long time for a child and especially if they don't have the strip for their holiday.

@hibs.net private member WhileTheChief..'s Avatar
    So what's the need for another thread on here about it?

Basically bashing the club again, even if you're reason is valid.

The OP even suggested the fans reps could get involved. Why not just quietly email one of them?

But nah, start a new thread so lots of folk can come on and agree how bad the shop is. Pointless.

Ordered the away online when it said out of stock until the 26th of July and it arrived today 👍🏽

Aye imagine venting on a fan's forum. Maybe we should wait and boo the players at Dunfermline so the club really get the message.

Left by mutual consent! Speedway's Avatar
    Didn't Hibs put out a statement warning of us this last week?

Quote Originally Posted by FitbaFolkKen View Post
    Surely we could implement a system where people can pre order their kits and come in to collect them on launch day?

Or a way of measuring demand, a pop up on the website when you visit that asks, are you planning on purchasing the new strips? How many? Home or Away? and what size(s)?

Not everyone would take it but at least it would give some form of indicator as to demand.
    After the previous pre order chat on here I wouldn't be too keen for that.

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by heretoday View Post
    Hibs cufflinks. Do they still sell them?

Sold out.

Any beach towels?

Quote Originally Posted by Ronniekirk View Post
    I will have money to spend on Sunday and was happy to spend it in Hibs shop I wont have same money to spend when i come back and therefore wont spend as much further down the line
    Its not knocking the club just for the sake if it ,its about knowing your customers and providing goods they want when they most want them

That's a fair point my circumstances are similar as I was going to buy on Sunday but it is what it is. Don't know if you're aware but if it's something that you would want to do you can pre order online just now and it be sent as soon as stocks in

Quote Originally Posted by ColinNish View Post
    Any beach towels?
    Got one at the end of last season So am sorted

Quote Originally Posted by The young one View Post
    That's a fair point my circumstances are similar as I was going to buy on Sunday but it is what it is. Don't know if you're aware but if it's something that you would want to do you can pre order online just now and it be sent as soon as stocks in
    Should of done that but with new supplier wanted to try out sizes Bought a jacket on line with hibs retro badge Got a large size but was just a bit too big

@hibs.net private member Billy Whizz's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ronniekirk View Post
    Should of done that but with new supplier wanted to try out sizes Bought a jacket on line with hibs retro badge Got a large size but was just a bit too big

Ronnie, you don't have to justify yourself. Stock should have been available for all sizes for the 1st home game, this weekend. Simply not good enough as the OP said

@hibs.net private member
    Hibs have stated we've had record sales for both home and away strips. They also said that the supplier had flew in away strips to try and manage fans expectations. We are 3 weeks from having a top up of our supplies.