hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: HOUSEkid

Cummings sold for less than a million??

Don't know if this has been posted but apparently Jason was sold for less than a million in today's Daily Record. Surely that can't be true...........

Mark Warburton has claimed Nottingham Forest snapped up Hibs ace Jason Cummings for LESS than £1million.

That’s despite Hibs rejecting an offer for the 21-year-old from Peterborough worth up to £1.7 million last summer. Warburton’s comments will raise a few eyebrows down Leith way. He said:

"That (£1m) figure is wide of the mark, it was not that much money. We will not reveal what it was, but it was not at that level." said Warburton
    http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/f...eltic-10723492

2. Log in to remove the advert

Warburton's a fanny. That's all we need to know.
    Every gimmick hungry yob,
    Digging gold from rock and roll
    Grabs the mic to tell us,
    He'll die before he's sold.

Baldy prick talks sheit

Or at least I hope so
    Last edited by 1van Sprou7e; 02-07-2017 at 02:51 PM.

Testimonial Due
    We just need till next years accounts for the truth!!!!

He's on the wind up because of the Warburton song. Maybe only bought Jason to get his revenge.

I would be extremely dissapointed if we sold our top goal scorer and one of our brightest talents for less than £1m. I would also be very surprised, Leeann Dempster is not stupid nor would she let us be bullied into selling for peanuts.

Testimonial Due
    Sadly, what reason does Warburton have to lie? If he's quoted as saying that then it's likely true.... if so I'm disappointed in the board and feel the club has been sold short on this one.

Quote Originally Posted by HibbySpurs View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Sadly, what reason does Warburton have to lie? If he's quoted as saying that then it's likely true.... if so I'm disappointed in the board and feel the club has been sold short on this one.
    Gotcha, one persons statement is good enough to condemn Hibs with no corroborating evidence. That's the spirit......

Maybe read the other threads from a few days ago for the rest of the story before being disappointed ?..

Sent from my SM-T713 using Tapatalk

Maybe the player and his representatives insisted on a low release clause. Maybe it was that or nothing?

Let's not use this as a stick to beat the board with without knowing all the facts.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    Maybe the player and his representatives insisted on a low release clause. Maybe it was that or nothing?

Let's not use this as a stick to beat the board with without knowing all the facts.
    We rejected 1.7m last summer but yes it's very possible that he had a release clause in the event of promotion

First Team Breakthrough
    I'd ask what reason the paper it's reported in has for lying? It's got its reputation for quality journalism to maintain. Oh wait ...

@hibs.net private member Viva_Palmeiras's Avatar
    Posturing. All part of the "I didn't get in the City where I am today" by showing my hand to early...
    All part of the negotiating game - you reveal exactly what you want others to "know"
    "We know the people who have invested so far are simple fans." Vladimir Romanov - Scotsman 10th December 2012
    "Romanov was like a breath of fresh air - laced with cyanide." Me.

Left by mutual consent!
    Shocker - yet another non-positive thread .....................

@hibs.net private member weecounty hibby's Avatar
    Hmmmm, who to believe Warburton and the Daily Ranger or every other news outlet that reported the story. Remember he and the Record have previous. The days and weeks after 21st May 2016 tell you all you need to know about the integrity and truthfulness of these two

Ultimately, who cares? He's gone, no longer a Hibs player, ciao. Got us some money, leaves a legend, we look forward and move on.

Simples

Could be less then a mil up front with a heap of add ons and a decent sell on fee.

Quote Originally Posted by lyonhibs View Post
    Ultimately, who cares? He's gone, no longer a Hibs player, ciao. Got us some money, leaves a legend, we look forward and move on.

Simples
    Well I care since any fee can directly be used to sign other players

@hibs.net private member lord bunberry's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by lyonhibs View Post

Simples
    I agree. I also think he went for less than a million, but I don't care. He stayed last season and played a huge part in getting us promoted, that's all that matters.

United we stand here....

Quote Originally Posted by 1van Sprou7e View Post
    We rejected 1.7m last summer but yes it's very possible that he had a release clause in the event of promotion
    Perhaps, as getting out of the league was our main priority which Jason helped us do.

If it was under a million, If it was 500k, it shouldn't matter. The player and ourselves obviously had an agreement they were both happy with if this was the case and Jase fulfilled his side of the bargain. The goals, the performances, the stuff he brought to the dressing room and the Hearts hammering were worth his wages alone.

I hope this doesn't turn into an episode where the internet twists it into Jason shafting us or the board suddenly turning into idiots. Saying that, it is silly season. :-D

Quote Originally Posted by lord bunberry View Post
    I agree. I also think he went for less than a million, but I don't care. He stayed last season and played a huge part in getting us promoted, that's all that matters.

People will no doubt take figures at face value and jump to conclusions.

I trust our club and Jase is a legend. End of story.

First Team Breakthrough portyhibernian's Avatar
    The club will have done all it can to get as much as possible I'm sure. Sadly the position we were in last year with Cummings contract meant he held all the aces, and it's possible that we did get less than we would have liked because of a release clause or some other agreement about where he stood after promotion.

Coaching Staff
    Have we not already had an extensive thread on this subject or am I suffering from ground hog day???

Some Hibs fans love to moan and whine about every ****ing thing! This has already been done. At least moan about something new ffs.

Wonder what % sell on fee is inserted into this deal.

Quote Originally Posted by Lago View Post
    Have we not already had an extensive thread on this subject or am I suffering from ground hog day???
    That's what I said , for more info read the loads of posts on the earlier thread! Now it seems like deja vu all over again. (Think I pinched that from a thread here as well)

Sent from my SM-T713 using Tapatalk

We don't know but what we do know is our Board is not stupid and will have got the best price they thought possible.

It will depend on Jason's contract. Remember the Board did get him to sign a four year deal and in this day and age no young player would do that without options to cash in or share the benefit. We could have lost him for nought without that. If there was no such clause there is no way we would have sold him for so little but if we hadn't got him to sign in the first place we would not have had all his goals and ones in key games. To get him to sign at all was an achievement.

We will find out when the accounts come up but I wouldn't be too critical here. More important how do we replace 20 odd goals.....

Testimonial Due
    Quote Originally Posted by Pescarese View Post
    I'd ask what reason the paper it's reported in has for lying? It's got its reputation for quality journalism to maintain. Oh wait ...
    It was originally reported in Nottingham local paper first. Some people are seriously deluding themselves if they think "warburton is lying" - I really doubt when he is interviewed by Nottingham local papers he is really thinking "let's wind up hibs". Incredible how many of you really just can't fathom the thought of us actually getting less than 1 million for JC. If he is spraffing then it's for Nottingham forest fans purpose he's lying too just in case it doesn't work out as a good signing for him.

The board will have done the best deal possible for our club.

The £1.7 million offer from Peterborough would have been for less than £1 million up front plus loads of conditional add on's including guff ones life £500k if they got promoted that season etc etc. so not so good an offer after all.

On the flip side I suspect there will be lots of add on's on the Notts Forest deal which our board have insisted on including the good **** like sell on fees, first refusal if he doesn't make it etc, etc.

Jason and his agent will have made an agreement with Hibs last close season to stay for another year in exchange for a sensible release clause. Everybody won and we will not have done worse from Notts Forest deal than we would have from Peterborough.

@hibs.net private member Malthibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by CMurdoch View Post
    The board will have done the best deal possible for our club.

The £1.7 million offer from Peterborough would have been for less than £1 million up front plus loads of conditional add on's including guff ones life £500k if they got promoted that season etc etc. so not so good an offer after all.

On the flip side I suspect there will be lots of add on's on the Notts Forest deal which our board have insisted on including the good **** like sell on fees, first refusal if he doesn't make it etc, etc.

Jason and his agent will have made an agreement with Hibs last close season to stay for another year in exchange for a sensible release clause. Everybody won and we will not have done worse from Notts Forest deal than we would have from Peterborough.

Oo'er, rational & sensible. It'll no' catch on.
    GG