hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    @hibs.net private member Carheenlea's Avatar

The Daily Record being The Daily Record.

Great statement from Linfield FC tearing up what little credibility the Daily Record had remaining to shreds.

http://www.linfieldfc.com/latestnews...medium=twitter

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member Mr White's Avatar
    Joe Miller giving Pinocchio a run for his money there it seems

Absolutely incredible (like most DR "stories").

I hope this is widely circulated in Scotland.

This is probably the main reason I don't buy this rag.

@hibs.net private member Golden Bear's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Carheenlea View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Great statement from Linfield FC tearing up what little credibility the Daily Record had remaining to shreds.

Beggars belief.

Daily Record has a clear agenda to stoke up trouble ahead of the game.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Unbelievable

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

@hibs.net private member R'Albin's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Razza96
    What a total embarrassment of a paper.

I hope their solicitors hammer them. Absolute comic of a supposed news outlet. Haven't bought it since the KT fiasco.

If you buy it you're an idiot. Saying anything else is just political correctness gone mad

I always have a quiet chuckle at anyone I see reading the Daily Record.

Imagine paying money to buy something that repeatedly insults your intelligence. Have some self respect.

And as for anyone who says "Agh red it in ra record".

FFS.

@hibs.net private member .Sean.'s Avatar
    Solicitors involved.

Cannot wait to hear from that rag and that erse Miller. Must be mortified. How pish must your life be to have to make up a story to the daily record about non-existent events in a game that didn't happen 😂
    ''It's always been just part of the culture. Growing up, for most working-class kids, is all about football, music or clothes. You might not have much money, but whatever you have got, you're going to look good.'' - Paul Weller

Good for Linfield for sticking up for themselves in the face of such utter nonsense.

There's no need for the Daily Record to be making a game that will already be a powder keg out to be anything more than it already is.

Quick check online, they played Shelbourne and Dundalk pre-season not for 1995/96 but 1996/97 season...

Blog Entries
    I loathe Linfield but that's a stonker of a statement. Never mind the DR, wot was Joe Miller drinking?

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    You have to remember it was during the war years, was there not a fake match broadcast on a Saturday on radio to let the Germans think we were carrying on as usual?

To be fair, this would actually be funny if it was not so serious.

Testimonial Due The Captain....'s Avatar

The Daily Record being The Daily Record.

It's the utter and continuing disregard for any sort of verification or fact checking in that rag that I find so unacceptable. It's hardly the first, second or even tenth time they have clearly failed to bother to perform even a cursory two minute validation of a story.

They take a position, pump up the hyperbole to eleven, then invent a narrative to suit their agenda. I shouldn't be surprised but it's a real bugbear of mine at the moment the way the media in general reports things and the Record is perhaps the most tawdry version or example of that.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by hibsbollah View Post
    If you buy it you're an idiot. Saying anything else is just political correctness gone mad
    And yet, posters on here constantly quote Kenny Millar from the Sun, a paper which will forever be remembered for its shocking lies re Hillsborough. Personally I wouldn't have the Sun or the Daily Mail in my house but neither would i call their collective readership idiots. It's a personal choice issue & one which we should respect.

There'll be much more crap like this in the days leading up to our game @ Greyskull.

Quote Originally Posted by brog View Post
    And yet, posters on here constantly quote Kenny Millar from the Sun, a paper which will forever be remembered for its shocking lies re Hillsborough. Personally I wouldn't have the Sun or the Daily Mail in my house but neither would i call their collective readership idiots. It's a personal choice issue & one which we should respect.
    Im not disrespectful of stupidity, I am stupid from time to time myself. You just have to identify it for what it is. Choosing to read the DR is a mark of idiocy.

I think it's more Kenny Millar being quoted rather than the rag he works for...

@hibs.net private member Baader's Avatar
    Record fabricating stories and printing lies again. Wish someone would just shut them down along with another lying red top rag...

Make no mistake, the Daily Ranger hates Hibs.

Kenny being a Hibby and the son of a good friend, Brian, my respect lies with him and not the paper he writes for.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Iain G View Post
    I think it's more Kenny Millar being quoted rather than the rag he works for...
    I fail to see the difference. If the Sun is charged with lying, distorting and exaggerating etc. KM has to be tarred with the same brush. Fly with the crows ....... and all that. The fact he has some tenuous link with Hibs doesn't set him apart from his employers.

Quote Originally Posted by Carheenlea View Post

Should this "false" reporting of a non game not be investigated by the Press Commission?

Quote Originally Posted by Jim44 View Post
    I fail to see the difference. If the Sun is charged with lying, distorting and exaggerating etc. KM has to be tarred with the same brush. Fly with the crows ....... and all that. The fact he has some tenuous link with Hibs doesn't set him apart from his employers.
    His stories about hibs are usually spot on regardless of what you think of who he works for.

Going by that analogy we should all boycott the BBC after several of their former stars were convicted of being sex offenders. Using your way of thinking ALL BBC employees should be regarded as sex offenders - which goes to show how stupid your comment actually is.
    I prefer to judge people on an individual basis rather than use such wild generalisations.
    On that basis I'd suggest Kenny Millar appears to be a good journalist who has excellent sources in regards to our club.
    Whereas Joe Miller is apparently a lying little scrote.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by brianmc View Post
    Going by that analogy we should all boycott the BBC after several of their former stars were convicted of being sex offenders. Using your way of thinking ALL BBC employees should be regarded as sex offenders - which goes to show how stupid your comment actually is.
    I prefer to judge people on an individual basis rather than use such wild generalisations.
    On that basis I'd suggest Kenny Millar appears to be a good journalist who has excellent sources in regards to our club.
    Whereas Joe Miller is apparently a lying little scrote.
    Fine.

I would take anything printed in the Sun or DR with a pinch of salt due to the fact I have seen some of the stuff they have printed. However I make an exception for what Kenny Millar says about Hibs because he has proven to be very accurate time and time again.

Would have been nice if Hibs had called them out on the all 11 players were attacked headline.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk