hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

New Aberdeen top

Anyone seen the away top. Can't post a link on my phone,let's just say they aren't best pleased.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member
    Full blue kit?

Elephant Stone
    Left by mutual consent!

I think it's tidy, so is their home kit. Adidas make the best football strips.

@hibs.net private member Billy Whizz's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by hibs#1 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Anyone seen the away top. Can't post a link on my phone,let's just say they aren't best pleased.
    It's more Man City blue than Hun blue

Left by mutual consent!
    Tribute to all the 1690 no surrender follow follow loyal types up there who were out in force to vote for the true blue Tories.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Billy Whizz View Post
    It's more Man City blue than Hun blue
    imagine we would be delighted if our away strip was "light" maroon....think it will go down like a lead balloon..

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

It will keep the gaffer happy.

Testimonial Due The Harp Awakes's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by IGRIGI View Post
    Tribute to all the 1690 no surrender follow follow loyal types up there who were out in force to vote for the true blue Tories.

When I grew up watching Hibs we knew Aberdeen as the Huns of the North. It was the Ian Durrant/Neil Simpson clash which kicked off the hatred between both sets of fans and the Northern Huns tag for Aberdeen wore off through time.

Quote Originally Posted by The Harp Awakes View Post

When I grew up watching Hibs we knew Aberdeen as the Huns of the North. It was the Ian Durrant/Neil Simpson clash which kicked off the hatred between both sets of fans and the Northern Huns tag for Aberdeen wore off through time.
    Having grown up in the North of Scotland, I think your talking rubbish though when you read what I right below I can see why a southerner would think this way.

In the 60s and early 70s, the majority of the people in the North of Scotland were protestant of varying types. In my class at school, we had 27 protestants and one token catholic - one of a family of 10 children!!!

You either supported the local team (many did) or you supported Rangers. There was very few Celtic fans around.

Then the oil boom happened and we were to find that the local schools became taken over by these odd people, the hard men that wished to pick a fight with anyone type and spoke in an alien language. Yes, the weegies had arrived. That was when I first heard the term "fenian".

I do think the majority did have a preference on whether they were "a Celtic" or "a Rangers" fan. However, the majority supported their local team first and foremost. It's probably the realisation of what being "a Celtic" or "a Rangers" fan really meant that the hatred for both started. It had started long before that tackle, trust me!

Quote Originally Posted by bigwheel View Post
    imagine we would be delighted if our away strip was "light" maroon....think it will go down like a lead balloon..

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Let me think, Aberdeen are sponsored by a company called Saltire. The saltire is Scotland's national flag and the colour used is..................blue.

What's wrong with having blue as your second strip? It's not like those horrible people from the west own it.

Aberdeen have had blue away tops before. I can remember them wearing navy at least twice in relatively recent times.

Navy is about as close to Rangers blue as that top pictured (albeit at a different end of the blue scale) so I'm struggling to see the issue.

Quote Originally Posted by IGRIGI View Post

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by theonlywayisup View Post
    Let me think, Aberdeen are sponsored by a company called Saltire. The saltire is Scotland's national flag and the colour used is..................blue.

What's wrong with having blue as your second strip? It's not like those horrible people from the west own it.
    Football strips are about tradition - they should have nothing to do with the sponsors

I still view that it looks very Serco
    Like..most Aberdeen fans will not like it

Quote Originally Posted by The Harp Awakes View Post

I'm a similar vintage to you and in all those years I have never heard a Hibs supporter or a fan of any other Scottish team calling Aberdeen the Huns of the North

Quote Originally Posted by Elephant Stone View Post

Yeah I think it's smart. Wish we had Adidas.

Quote Originally Posted by Elephant Stone View Post

Looks very St Johnstoneish to me
    This is how it feels

@hibs.net private member Callum_62's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Wii Code: 0083-4364-6418-4974
    Lets face it, if we had any variation of maroon, we would be going mental

Understand why dons fans are hating it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

@hibs.net private member Radium's Avatar
    Napoli blue ...

Why are Aberdeen bothered? Do Cove play in blue or something?

Looks OK, worst thing about it is the ridiculous 2 stars that they insist on putting on their shirts.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Nakedmanoncrack View Post
    Looks OK, worst thing about it is the ridiculous 2 stars that they insist on putting on their shirts.
    Two European trophies. I'd have them on our strip if we'd done that.

@hibs.net private member Pete70's Avatar
    Have they won 2 European trophies?
    I notice The Rangers had 5 stars on their strip last season. One for each year of their existence?

Quote Originally Posted by Pete70 View Post
    I notice The Rangers had 5 stars on their strip last season. One for each year of their existence?
    The cup winners cup and the super cup .
    Last edited by Green forever; 24-06-2017 at 09:30 PM.

Sorry mate .... no matter what you think of Aberdeen they have won two European trophies and IMO that makes them entitled .... same as the team that went out of existence were entitled to one star for winning the Cup Winners Cup and Celtic are entitled to one for the European cup.

As for Aberdeen's away top ..... I think it looks quite smart, but its blue and anything blue, especially light blue, is gonna go down like a lead balloon, coz they for sure hate the Huns

@hibs.net private member
    Yes. Cup Winners Cup and European Super Cup the following season (beat Hamburg iirc). Sevco's stars are, I think, to mark the number of trebles the deceased club managed.

Quote Originally Posted by NAE NOOKIE View Post
    Sorry mate .... no matter what you think of Aberdeen they have won two European trophies and IMO that makes them entitled .... same as the team that went out of existence were entitled to one star for winning the Cup Winners Cup and Celtic are entitled to one for the European cup.

As for Aberdeen's away top ..... I think it looks quite smart, but its blue and anything blue, especially light blue, is gonna go down like a lead balloon, coz they for sure hate the Huns
    In Scotland there is no such thing as entitlement to stars - you can put as many on for whatever reason that you like, hence Rangers with their 5, Aberdeen with 2, in Germany, Italy etc they are only awarded for specific achievements, without belittling Aberdeen's super cup win, can you imagine how many stars other clubs would have all over their shirts if they did the same?

First Team Regular ruthven_raiders's Avatar
    To think we nearly won two European trophies😳

Quote Originally Posted by Callum_62 View Post
    Lets face it, if we had any variation of maroon, we would be going mental

Understand why dons fans are hating it

Completely different situations though. How many football teams wear maroon? Blue is an extremely common colour, hell even our national team wear blue. Not to mention the fact that Rangers aren't even their local rivals.

At the risk of sounding like a hun, the fact that their fans are so upset by this just reeks of obsession imo

In Scotland there is no such thing as entitlement to stars - you can put as many on for whatever reason that you like, hence Rangers with their 5, Aberdeen with 2, in Germany, Italy etc they are only awarded for specific achievements, without belittling Aberdeen's super cup win, can you imagine how many stars other clubs would have all over their shirts if they did the same?
    I know that mate ... Even UEFA don't officially sanction it, but IMO its generally accepted that stars indicate a European trophy, though clubs all over Europe use them for other purposes .... In Scotland nobody apart from the old Huns used them to indicate domestic success, which was daft coz as you say we could all be using bloody stars. In that context though I still say Aberdeen are entitled to have them more than the old Huns were for example.

@hibs.net private member Callum_62's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Wii Code: 0083-4364-6418-4974
    Quote Originally Posted by 1van Sprou7e View Post
    Completely different situations though. How many football teams wear maroon? Blue is an extremely common colour, hell even our national team wear blue. Not to mention the fact that Rangers aren't even their local rivals.

At the risk of sounding like a hun, the fact that their fans are so upset by this just reeks of obsession imo
    Local, no but rivals all the same