hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Yams: One in a Million

I've not seen this mentioned anywhere here. Their latest scheme to get even more money out of the deluded.

http://www.hmfckickback.co.uk/index....heme-launched/

Pay £100 to the club for a discount scheme (or should it be scam) .

I'm sure if they were to look hard enough, the internet is awash with discount opportunities, and they're free.

However, the club says "a healthy business outlook across club commercial lines is addressing much of the shortfall". If that's right, why are there a multitude of begging bowls being waved in front of their noses?

Things are not going to plan.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Testimonial Due
    Dear Mugs

We need more of your money and we'll give you a shiny membership card.

Thanks
    The Budge

Quote Originally Posted by Sioux View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I've not seen this mentioned anywhere here. Their latest scheme to get even more money out of the deluded.

I'm sure if they were to look hard enough, the internet is awash with discount opportunities, and they're free.

However, the club says "a healthy business outlook across club commercial lines is addressing much of the shortfall". If that's right, why are there a multitude of begging bowls being waved in front of their noses?

They really are the beg club.

A club with no shame whatsoever.

@hibs.net private member SouthMoroccoStu's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sioux View Post

Pay £100 for discounts.... aye ok

Less it'll save you thousands on a new kitchen but I doubt it

Always encouraging to see the word "shortfall" in a company statement

@hibs.net private member HibbyAndy's Avatar
    An utter begging bowl of a club

They truly are an embarrassment of a club , No morals no dignity and not an ounce of shame

What a grubby little club they are !

Testimonial Due
    It's a curious thread on Kickback. There are folks actually complaining that they won't use the discounts but just want to pay the £100. They are moaning because the club hasn't made this an easy option. Bizarre.

On another note, I am convinced this membership scheme makes the £100 VATable. Any experts on VAT got an opinion on this?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

@hibs.net private member JohnMcM's Avatar
    Did anyone spot the post that says they need to cough up a tenner to attend the auction?

Paying to bid for old bricks, old bogs and no doubt, a bucket full of broken biscuits.

@hibs.net private member Bostonhibby's Avatar
    Jeez, at least Bernie Madoff just robbed greedy mugs.

Exploiting loyalty to this extent is like giving your friendly, trusting but ultimately stupid Labrador an electric shock every time it sticks its heid in the food bowl.

If this was a regulated industry the people running the circus would surely be under scrutiny by now?

"I did not need any persuasion to play for such a great club, the Hibs result is still one of the first I look for"

Sir Matt Busby

The whole thing is laughable.

Family fun day, meet Cathro, £10 to attend an auction, £100 for discounts and of course the cash cow.

It's so small time it almost has to be a joke.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

Quote Originally Posted by HibbyAndy View Post
    An utter begging bowl of a club

They truly are an embarrassment of a club , No morals no dignity and not an ounce of shame

What a grubby little club they are !
    Andy I'm getting the impression (I might be wrong of course) that you dinnae like the Jambos.

A new stand where wi-fi and a phone signal will be available as well as triple cooked chips. Separate toilets for the ladies and gents is probably the Budge's next big announcement to get the windae lickers to part with their cash.

Never felt so optimistic going into a new season before what with record season ticket sales, trusting NL to bring in a few more good signings while the Yams are scouring the bottom leagues of England looking for a Jamie Vardy.

Bring it on.

@hibs.net private member HibbyAndy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by iwasthere1972 View Post
    Andy I'm getting the impression (I might be wrong of course) that you dinnae like the Jambos.

A new stand where wi-fi and a phone signal will be available as well as triple cooked chips. Separate toilets for the ladies and gents is probably the Budge's next big announcement to get the windae lickers to part with their cash.

Never felt so optimistic going into a new season before what with record season ticket sales, trusting NL to bring in a few more good signings while the Yams are scouring the bottom leagues of England looking for a Jamie Vardy.

Bring it on.

Good times Rab

Living within their means now and if we are both linked with a player it will be US they come to now.

As the Marvinater sais , WE RULE THIS CITY

This caught my eye on Kickback:

It all looks quite underwhelming.
    I see it's £10 to attend the main stand auction too.
    The club are in danger of looking desperate.

Can I suggest the last paragraph is inaccurate. You looked desperate a long, long time ago.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

@hibs.net private member Northernhibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Big_Franck View Post
    They really are the beg club.

A club with no shame whatsoever.
    I called a yam friend a beg the other day. He begged to differ.

Do you think your security can keep you in purity, you will not shake us off above or below. Scottish friction, Scottish fiction

@hibs.net private member CraigHibee's Avatar
    Must be some size of a begging bowl they have, or more likely deficit....

Quote Originally Posted by iwasthere1972 View Post

Bring it on.

That would be commercial suicide imo.

Charging brothers and sisters to go to the toilet together on the other hand.............

£100 for a 10% discount in the club shop on non-sale items?

They're really running out of ideas!

@hibs.net private member Frazerbob's Avatar
    Is there a list of discounts available and partners?
    Last edited by Frazerbob; 17-06-2017 at 11:44 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Frazerbob View Post
    Visit there a list of discounts available and partners?
    Nandos and Vittorias were the 2 mentioned on Kickback.

"The Club always planned that a portion of funds would come from additional supporter contributions"

Just as well HoMFC fans are such gormless twits that their wallets will just keep giving.

A unique blend of pitiful begging bowl behaviour and corporate arrogance.

Bravo Budgie.

Testimonial Due
    Quote Originally Posted by lyonhibs View Post
    "The Club always planned that a portion of funds would come from additional supporter contributions"

Just as well HoMFC fans are such gormless twits that their wallets will just keep giving.

A unique blend of pitiful begging bowl behaviour and corporate arrogance.

Bravo Budgie.
    Or maybe they are just like us and love their team?

Its just a pity they are having to buy it big time, remember "Save Our Hibs", did we not do and give as much as we could to make sure we survived?

Now we have the upper hand in everything, we seem to becoming smug about it?

Just like what we hated them for in the past!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by where'stheslope View Post

Its just a pity they are having to buy it big time, remember "Save our Hibs", did we not do and give as much as we could to make sure we survived?

But they are doing it again and again and again and again and again.
    Hats off to them for the FoH contribution levels but all these tacky add one, which are basically admissions that the club are still spending/committing to spend more than their reliable income streams but dressed up as "opportunités" and "discount schemes" should be getting given short shrift.

The FoH is their "Hands off Hibs" equivalent. If Budgie couldn't afford that new stand 100% she shouldn't be grubbing back to the fanbase AGAIN with the begging bowl and as she is that fanbase should be telling her to **** off
    Last edited by lyonhibs; 18-06-2017 at 07:10 PM.

@hibs.net private member WhileTheChief..'s Avatar

Its just a pity they are having to buy it big time, remember "Save Our Hibs", did we not do and give as much as we could to make sure we survived?

If it was us we'd all be patting each other on the back for supporting our club financially and helping to build our new main stand.

But it's them, so we rip the piss

Utter comedy gold as usual from our pink chums.

Just how desperate is this?

Without a doubt .... but does there not come a point where tapping into the goodwill of your clubs supporters crosses a line into taking the piss?

Example ..... At a time where they must have known that a new stand was going to be required some unknown Yams ( without a doubt Budge and a couple of rich pals ) came up with what must have been a significant sum to have 'Save the Children' emblazoned across the clubs shirt ... if that money had been put into the club and added to a proper commercial shirt deal surely it would have been more beneficial than it going to yet another Yam exercise in showing what a fine bunch of chaps they are ..... and especially what a fine bunch of chaps they are compared to us and the rest of Scottish football.

If I was a fan being asked to yet again dig into my pockets I would be asking why the club isn't taking full advantage of one of its main revenue streams and why rich 'fans' are funding the ability to give away the front of the shirt for free rather than gifting or loaning that money to the club without any other conditions like the club throwing away advertising money.

As for this 'one in a million' scheme ..... It reminds me of those bank accounts from a few years back where for a fiver a month you would get discounts on stuff there was a hundred to one chance you would ever use ... these accounts are now attracting ambulance chasing law firms the way PPI did.

All this stuff is beginning to make the Yams look desperate and more significantly like a club bereft of any idea of how to raise money in the commercial way that is required from a club looking to challenge its rivals.

As for us being 'smug' ...... hey, what goes around comes around, so get it right up yeez Jamboids

Here are more cash raising schemes they'll be announcing in the next few weeks...

They are installing coin slots in the stadium toilets and are charging £1 for a pee.

The players will be washing car windows at a traffic light near you, please give generously.

The club shop will be charging 50p entry, to deter those that just browse but don't buy.

You can now interview Ian Cathro over Skype and gain insights into his tactical genious, for just £5 per 10 minute session.

Get your photo taken making the 5-1 gesture behind a cardboard cutout of Neil Lennon, only £10.

A Sniff of Fatty Foulkes p1ss stained trousers, prices upon request.

Share certificates for regular, non time limited monthly donations, signed by Mad Vlad himself.
    Last edited by Keith_M; 17-06-2017 at 03:27 PM.

Id be proper embarrassed if Hibs were begging fans to this extent.

Jason was 1 in a Million.... shame.

Bizarre to say the least. Can't imagine many taking it up. FOH subscriptions and at a time seasons are on sale. It's basically like that tastecard nonsense

@hibs.net private member Kojock's Avatar
    Surprised nobody has mentioned the "One In Million" badge. I'm tempted to sign up for this alone.

Quote Originally Posted by Kojock View Post
    Surprised nobody has mentioned the "One In Million" badge. I'm tempted to sign up for this alone.
    " In July, you will receive an official welcome pack with your personalised membership card and your “I’m One in a Million” badge".

It sounds like they're joining the Dennis and Gnasher fan club.

@hibs.net private member Jack Hackett's Avatar
    Will the chips be included in the discounts? I have a wee feeling they're going to be pretty pricey.