hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

There MUST be signings in place.

With the imminent departure of JC, as well as the exits of Holt & Keatings, there must definitely be major signings lined up. With the trust rebuilt between board & fans, I don't think for 1 second that we would sell our star striker without having a ready made replacement. Personally, I would've kept Holt & Keatings, but if we have chose not to, I will trust Lennon & Dempsters judgement. I would also have taken Scott Allan when he became available. This small mindedness from some fans about the way he left is ridiculous. He was our player of the year, didn't fancy another year in the championship, and we got a great deal from his transfer.
    As I say, we have to trust the club to bring in top class personnel, but I'm checking this site every hour or so every day for some news.
    🙏⚽️🇳🇬

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member BSEJVT's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    To coin a phrase from Dad's Army " Don't Panic"

Firstly we offered Holt & Keatings terms, they turned them down.

I have little doubt we will sign better.

Its catch 22 with Cummings, we cant sign replacements until we have been paid for him

We will know exactly whom we want to sign who fits within our budget and I have every confidence we will sign them in a ample time.

All is well

Quote Originally Posted by BSEJVT View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

Firstly we offered Holt & Keatings terms, they turned them down.

I have little doubt we will sign better.

Its catch 22 with Cummings, we cant sign replacements until we have been paid for him

We will know exactly whom we want to sign who fits within our budget and I have every confidence we will sign them in a ample time.

All is well
    I admire your confidence.
    GGTTH
    😳🇳🇬😁

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by munchar View Post
    I admire your confidence.
    GGTTH
    😳🇳🇬😁
    It's the middle of June. We will know what we need and work our way through it.

Quote Originally Posted by Andy74 View Post
    Yeah, but can't help think of years gone by when we have signed the left overs at the end of transfer window. Need players in for start of pre-season, get to know team mates and fitness levels same as everyone else.

The transfer window only opened 6 days ago, even by .net standards, panicking about signings at this stage is premature...

We will bring in 4 or 5 players.

With the imminent departure of JC, as well as the exits of Holt & Keatings, there must definitely be major signings lined up. With the trust rebuilt between board & fans, I don't think for 1 second that we would sell our star striker without having a ready made replacement. Personally, I would've kept Holt & Keatings, but if we have chose not to, I will trust Lennon & Dempsters judgement. I would also have taken Scott Allan when he became available. This small mindedness from some fans about the way he left is ridiculous. He was our player of the year, didn't fancy another year in the championship, and we got a great deal from his transfer.
    As I say, we have to trust the club to bring in top class personnel, but I'm checking this site every hour or so every day for some news.
    🙏⚽️🇳🇬
    JC transfer has not caught Hibs offguard. I wouldn't say major signings (Boyce/Moult for example) but there are targets identified. It takes a while to get a player in as sometimes there is a chain with other clubs finding their replacements. Hibs will be looking to replace JC 20+ goals a season with two 10 goals a season strikers. Much cheaper. Add in Swanson (and hopefully Mcginn) and that covers what our front men did last year. Relying on 1 player for goals is dangerous...loss of form/injury...and we would be bang in trouble. Better off with 4 players being able to score 10 each than 1 player scoring 20+ and the rest on single figures. Could get away with it in the championship but not the premiership. I have no doubts that although JC and his goals are away...that this season we will have more firepower from the whole team! NL and LD will do the business...im sure of that!
    🙏⚽️🇳🇬

Sent from my PLK-L01 using Tapatalk

@hibs.net private member Hibbyradge's Avatar
    Players are on holiday.
    Buy nothing online unless you check for free cashback here first. I've already earned £2,389.68!

@hibs.net private member sleeping giant's Avatar
    For the first time in years , I have no concerns regarding our squad for next season .
    No Eternal Reward Shall Forgive Us Now For Wasting The Dawn

Quote Originally Posted by sleeping giant View Post
    For the first time in years , I have no concerns regarding our squad for next season .
    Agreed

Sent from my PLK-L01 using Tapatalk

@hibs.net private member Arch Stanton's Avatar
    Yeah, but can't help think of years gone by when we have signed the left overs at the end of transfer window. Need players in for start of pre-season, get to know team mates and fitness levels same as everyone else.
    We are not starting from zero though - we already have a decent enough squad that can compete in the SPL.

No harm at all in now trying for players who have other options to consider, as the decent players will definitely have. That said, it wouldn't do ST sales any harm if we got players signed now.

Quote Originally Posted by JDHibs View Post
    The transfer window only opened 6 days ago, even by .net standards, panicking about signings at this stage is premature...

We will bring in 4 or 5 players.
    It's not panicking mate, but who's to say our targets will sign. Money talks. Sooner the better for me, (and us all).
    🇳🇬

It's not panicking mate, but who's to say our targets will sign. Money talks. Sooner the better for me, (and us all).
    🇳🇬
    If our targets dont sign then so be it, dont want players here who just want to pick up a wage like years gone by (McGivern for example), we want players hungry to be here!

It would be nice to see Hibs look beyond the current limited scope of new signings, which seems to consist largely of players Lennon has previously worked with.

Do we have a decent scouting system in place?

@hibs.net private member DarlingtonHibee's Avatar
    🇳🇬
    Don't u think it is more important to get the right person?

Quote Originally Posted by DarlingtonHibee View Post
    Don't u think it is more important to get the right person?
    History says the right person goes elsewhere & we end up with dross.
    I trust the board now though, so we shall see.

Quote Originally Posted by Andy74 View Post
    The window is open for a long time. I'm not bothered about the league cup ties as long as the players are in a couple of weeks before the first league game. Nl I'm sure has his list of targets and other teams will be in the same position as us and waiting for players moves to be finalised. Stokes for instance won't go anywhere until he gets a payoff or a team meets Blackburn valuation. Patience is the key. We have the defence sorted,the midfield nearly there just the keeper and strikers to sort. We are in the best position on and off the pitch for decades let's just let Nl and Ld gets the players in.im sure everyone at hibs were anticipating Jason going so let's just let events unfold. Interesting nothing from hibs at all but as Jason hasn't gone yet nothing to report.
    Last edited by mjhibby; 15-06-2017 at 10:33 AM.

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by Keekaboo View Post
    It would be nice to see Hibs look beyond the current limited scope of new signings, which seems to consist largely of players Lennon has previously worked with.

When did he work with Simon Murray and Danny Swanson?

@hibs.net private member CapitalGreen's Avatar

Remind me again where Lennon worked with Danny Swanson and Simon Murray?

You are conflating rumours with what Hibs are actually doing.

@hibs.net private member CapitalGreen's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by GloryGlory View Post
    When did he work with Simon Murray and Danny Swanson?
    Snap

Quote Originally Posted by BSEJVT View Post
    Or

We're Doomed.

History says the right person goes elsewhere & we end up with dross.
    I trust the board now though, so we shall see.
    Leave it to the management team, also we will need a contract agreed with Forest before we commit that money. Forest have had a tricky time recently....

Its early days .... Its as bad signing players for the sake of it at the start of the window as it is panic buying at the end of it. We will know who we want, the trouble is the players we would like to sign will have other options.

Ffs..

To think the club won't have replacements in mind for when JC leaves would be naive. The club will be well aware that the likelihood is that he will leave this summer (i just hope SJM now stays after advertising the new kit)

Our recruitment will be no different from any other club. NL will provide a list of targets to whoever deals with transfers. Ideally we will end up with Player A who was first choice but in all probability we'll be down at B or C.

Make no mistake though, whoever we sign, will be enthusiastic about signing for us. We are a completely different club from that of 4 years ago.

Our signings this summer have already got me buzzing. I eagerly await our next announcement. Cannot wait for it all to begin next month

@hibs.net private member Greenworld's Avatar
    Hers a thought maybe Jason has been down had a look and doesn't fancy it

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

[QUOTE=mjhibby;5071259]The window is open for a long time. I'm not bothered about the league cup ties as long as the players are in a couple of weeks before the first league game.

Really?
    I'm bothered about league cup. Getting to Hampden is something we all want is it not?
    Getting players in a couple of weeks before season starts means they will miss pre-season. It's vitally important that they are in and fit before season starts.

@hibs.net private member Callum_62's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Wii Code: 0083-4364-6418-4974
    Quote Originally Posted by Greenworld View Post

Is that what youve heard?

First Team Regular Salt N Sauzee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Greenworld View Post

Beginning to think that myself.

[QUOTE=munchar;5071275]
    Quote Originally Posted by mjhibby View Post
    The window is open for a long time. I'm not bothered about the league cup ties as long as the players are in a couple of weeks before the first league game.

Really?
    I'm bothered about league cup. Getting to Hampden is something we all want is it not?
    Getting players in a couple of weeks before season starts means they will miss pre-season. It's vitally important that they are in and fit before season starts.
    I seriously doubt they are sitting at home eating pies and watching Sky Sports News. If they aren't training over the summer do we want them?