hibs.net Messageboard

Page 420 of 430 FirstFirst ... 320370410418419420421422 ... LastLast
Results 12,571 to 12,600 of 12885
    @hibs.net private member Ryan91's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sergey View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    This was posted today by Michael Stewart on his Twitter feed.

Watch those electrics, Michael!

Attachment 22407
    Surely that's a massive health and safety problem? Lawsuit waiting to happen.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Left by mutual consent! Peevemor's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan91 View Post
    Surely that's a massive health and safety problem? Lawsuit waiting to happen.
    I'd imagine that, given the media people bring their own gear, responsibility/liability will be with them as opposed to Hearts.

@hibs.net private member jacomo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Northernhibee View Post
    Is that before or after the optional seats in the stand?

Ordering the seats is the kind of fiddly little detail it’s very easy to overlook when you are building a new All Seated Stand.

Left by mutual consent! Iggy Pope's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Peevemor View Post
    I'd imagine that, given the media people bring their own gear, responsibility/liability will be with them as opposed to Hearts.
    It’s a workplace. Somebody will have to have authorised Method & Risk. Don’t know about a lawsuit but wouldn’t want that tickle on the fingers if it goes tits up. Especially if I was the PD.

They were live on Sportsound when it started hammering down and because they were broadcasting they couldn't leave their seats.

Complete shambles of a club Hertz 😂

Why oh why did they not just stick the media up the back?!

Oh ye a money spinner. We know how they work out..

Whilst in the mean time the media will slate the stand every time there’s a spot of rain XD

Left by mutual consent!
    I sat in this stand for the first time today at the Women's Scottish Cup final. Impressions? It serves its purpose fine, with the padded seats in the central sections pleasant to sit on. I didn't venture along to the infamous police control box end but it's clear that must still obscure the view to significant extent for a few of the end rows despite being hacked back. And the press box is crazily near the front. Not only must the the media get a soaking every so often, it's far too low down for them to get the sort of perspective on the game they would ideally require.

What mystifies me, though, is how on earth it has cost, what, £18 million so far? I can only assume the function areas are something spectacular because I was at a loss to see where the basic structure differed from any other main stand I've sat in. Breeze block everywhere and overall just seems like a slightly upgraded version of the other three stands. The so-called 'glass curtain' looks exactly what it is - a set of windows.

Quote Originally Posted by G B Young View Post
    I sat in this stand for the first time today at the Women's Scottish Cup final. Impressions? It serves its purpose fine, with the padded seats in the central sections pleasant to sit on. I didn't venture along to the infamous police control box end but it's clear that must still obscure the view to significant extent for a few of the end rows despite being hacked back. And the press box is crazily near the front. Not only must the the media get a soaking every so often, it's far too low down for them to get the sort of perspective on the game they would ideally require.

What mystifies me, though, is how on earth it has cost, what, £18 million so far? I can only assume the function areas are something spectacular because I was at a loss to see where the basic structure differed from any other main stand I've sat in. Breeze block everywhere and overall just seems like a slightly upgraded version of the other three stands. The so-called 'glass curtain' looks exactly what it is - a set of windows.
    And I believe it still isn't finished?

I have to say, the padded seats seem to be an unnecessary expense, I know in the scheme of things it's probably not much but all adda up. Honestly never thought unpadded seats were uncomfortable.

Left by mutual consent!

It's a single-tier tin can with a little office block at the back and it's cost them a hilarious amount of money. They must kick themselves when they think of all the Craig Wightons and Malaury Martins they could have bought instead.

@hibs.net private member Aubenas's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by RoYO! View Post
    Why oh why did they not just stick the media up the back?!

Oh ye a money spinner. We know how they work out..

Whilst in the mean time the media will slate the stand every time there’s a spot of rain XD
    They had to put the media there because when they (partially) opened the stand, there was no electricity access above that level.
    Philly McGuinness, Leitrim GAA, died playing in a club match for Mohill. He epitomised all that is best about sport, making a 6 hour round trip to training three times a week from his workplace in Mayo, and was never late. His motto was 'Give it all, or give nothing'. One for all sportsmen to consider.

@hibs.net private member RyeSloan's Avatar

I’ve been in one of the function suites and I can assure you the ‘fulfils a purpose’ feel continues on throughout. Indeed the quality of finish in the toilets etc. was only just above acceptable and no where near what you would expect for the money.

I also believe their top two levels are still unfinished.

Oh and don’t forget that they forgot about a directors box and specific access for the big wigs...

First Team Regular Topographic Hibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by RyeSloan View Post
    Oh and don’t forget that they forgot about a directors box and specific access for the big wigs...
    Wow, is that still the case???

Must make an interesting journey for the directors having to face angry, pink faced men in cardigans when things aren't going too well.

Quote Originally Posted by Topographic Hibby View Post
    Wow, is that still the case???

Must make an interesting journey for the directors having to face angry, pink faced men in cardigans when things aren't going too well.

Budge’s Hearts tartan jaiket is in fact made in a military grade dazzle pattern designed to confuse and disorientate the enemy. She can walk past puce Jambos without getting noticed.

Testimonial Due

Guess again mate £21m is the number capitalised to date and it's not even finished yet

Quote Originally Posted by Sergey View Post
    This was posted today by Michael Stewart on his Twitter feed.

Watch those electrics, Michael!

Attachment 22407
    Rain only bothers wee clubs.

Another problem, as we can see illustrated in the picture is that Hearts main stand is west facing meaning that the prevailing wind, which in the British Isles generally comes from the west /south west, will nearly always blow and dump rain right on those sitting in an Eastern stand.

Most UK clubs, certainly the major clubs, you will find that the main, posh, stand is always a west or a south stand for this very reason. Only Tynie and Pittodrie buck the trend.

@hibs.net private member Carheenlea's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Renfrew_Hibby View Post
    Another problem, as we can see illustrated in the picture is that Hearts main stand is west facing meaning that the prevailing wind, which in the British Isles generally comes from the west /south west, will nearly always blow and dump rain right on those sitting in an Eastern stand.

Most UK clubs, certainly the major clubs, you will find that the main, posh, stand is always a west or a south stand for this very reason. Only Tynie and Pittodrie buck the trend.
    Pittoddrie’s main stand faces South does it not?
    Dundee Utd is open to the elements and faces the opposite way to that of Dundee a few hundred yard down the road.

Quote Originally Posted by cocteautwin View Post
    Guess again mate £21m is the number capitalised to date and it's not even finished yet
    Even without the green tinted glasses for what they have built ( nearly built ) that's an eye watering sum of money ... I think I said it before, that's approaching half of what Aberdeen have budgeted for to build a brand new 20,000 capacity stadium. At some point somebody at the Rust arena has to take their head out of their arse and admit the whole project has been handled extremely poorly.

I cant believe that for the same money they couldnt have had a two tier stand with a bigger capacity built further back from the pitch leaving scope to extend the Gorgie and Roseburn stands to meet it, adding even more capacity and allowing them to widen the pitch as well.

Quote Originally Posted by NAE NOOKIE View Post
    Even without the green tinted glasses for what they have built ( nearly built ) that's an eye watering sum of money ... I think I said it before, that's approaching half of what Aberdeen have budgeted for to build a brand new 20,000 capacity stadium. At some point somebody at the Rust arena has to take their head out of their arse and admit the whole project has been handled extremely poorly.

I cant believe that for the same money they couldnt have had a two tier stand with a bigger capacity built further back from the pitch leaving scope to extend the Gorgie and Roseburn stands to meet it, adding even more capacity and allowing them to widen the pitch as well.

Ach no! You’re just a jealous and bitter Hibby. The truth is that the rest of the football fraternity beat a path to Tynecastle Park, desperate to learn from Dr Mrs Budge. She is Famous for being the best club owner ever.

Ron and Leeann were well down in the queue of course, but Budge gave them special access because Hibs are neighbours, even though they are just a wee club and much less Famous.

I’m sure Daniel Levy called Budge for advice before sacking Poch, but this is just a rumour because Budge is so modest and doesn’t like to brag.

Testimonial Due
    Quote Originally Posted by jacomo View Post
    Ach no! You’re just a jealous and bitter Hibby. The truth is that the rest of the football fraternity beat a path to Tynecastle Park, desperate to learn from Dr Mrs Budge. She is Famous for being the best club owner ever.

Ron and Leeann were well down in the queue of course, but Budge gave them special access because Hibs are neighbours, even though they are just a wee club and much less Famous.

I’m sure Daniel Levy called Budge for advice before sacking Poch, but this is just a rumour because Budge is so modest and doesn’t like to brag.

It’s astonishing the myth that’s built these few years that HMFC are some well run Company. A quick 2 minute read of their latest accounts shows a football club that’s spent most of their 2019/20 season ticket money before the season has even started. I’m surprised their Auditors have signed off their accounts as a going concern when they only had £500k in their bank at 30 June and current liabilities exceeded current assets by some £11.2m. Totally mental.

@hibs.net private member Bostonhibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by NAE NOOKIE View Post

It's unique, atmospheric, historic and famous and it's all these much spouted opinions that mean it's worth every penny.

When you add in the facts, like the escalator to nowhere, the castle view that's a school view, the al fresco press boxes, the slippery steel walk ways, the uniquely sited police control shed, the seats with partial views, the hospitality facing away from the pitch and windows that are called glass curtains you begin to get a feel for what £21m can almost buy.

Sent from my SM-A750FN using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Bostonhibby; 25-11-2019 at 01:44 PM.

"I did not need any persuasion to play for such a great club, the Hibs result is still one of the first I look for"

Sir Matt Busby

Testimonial Due
    It’s astonishing the myth that’s built these few years that HMFC are some well run Company. A quick 2 minute read of their latest accounts shows a football club that’s spent most of their 2019/20 season ticket money before the season has even started. I’m surprised their Auditors have signed off their accounts as a going concern when they only had £500k in their bank at 30 June and current liabilities exceeded current assets by some £11.2m. Totally mental.
    Much of the HMFC legend has been built by the BBC with the ill-informed fellows from Sportsound drooling on about the marvellous job that's been done by auld Annie since she took over. They're fitba' people though and don't (can't) read the accounts.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Alan62 View Post
    Much of the HMFC legend has been built by the BBC with the ill-informed fellows from Sportsound drooling on about the marvellous job that's been done by auld Annie since she took over. They're fitba' people though and don't (can't) read the accounts.
    It's the same lazy reporting that had them the third force in Scottish Football, for many years, when a actually they weren't.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Bostonhibby View Post
    It's unique, atmospheric, historic and famous and it's all these much spouted opinions that mean it's worth every penny.

When you add in the facts, like the escalator to nowhere, the castle view that's a school view, the al fresco press boxes, the slippery steel walk ways, the uniquely sited police control shed, the seats with partial views, the hospitality facing away from the pitch and windows that are called glass curtains you begin to get a feel for what £21m can almost buy.

Sent from my SM-A750FN using Tapatalk
    When you put it like that....

Even less cash in hand last year, I think there was a note in last year’s accounts stating they were expecting the cash donations to see them through. Must be expecting the same this year( indeed it must have already happened)

Quote Originally Posted by inglisavhibs View Post
    Even less cash in hand last year, I think there was a note in last year’s accounts stating they were expecting the cash donations to see them through. Must be expecting the same this year( indeed it must have already happened)

Well, I suppose that’s true. If folk keep on ploughing cash into the club, even when the waste of money is plan to see, why should they do things any differently?

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by jacomo View Post
    Well, I suppose that’s true. If folk keep on ploughing cash into the club, even when the waste of money is plan to see, why should they do things any differently?
    Isn’t it more of the benefactors have already agreed to put money in so the money is there to spend instead of it being used to bridge the gap if overspending?

Testimonial Due

Hearts' New Stand Thread (Merged)

Yes, they’ve cloaked the reporting this year by informing in the notes of the anonymous cash injection for the first quarter only, to the sum of £500k. HMFC are short of funds by some £4m for the coming year. The auditors should have had some of the creditors reclassified to greater than one year or stated in the accounts what the short term funding was. Dodgy accounts preparation and probably a mistake by the auditors.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by cocteautwin; 25-11-2019 at 04:36 PM.

Yes, they’ve cloaked the reporting this year by informing in the notes of the anonymous cash injection for the first quarter only, to the sum of £500k. HMFC are short of funds by some £4m for the coming year. The auditors should have had some of the creditors reclassified to greater than one year. Dodgy accounts preparation and probably a mistake by the auditors.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Am I reading it correctly that they now owe Budge just short of £4m? I suppose they hope that fan donations and others can soon be used to pay that debt. Not that easy when the fans are desparate for even more money to be pumped in to the playing staff and manager.

@hibs.net private member Sudds_1's Avatar
    Am I reading it correctly that they now owe Budge just short of £4m? I suppose they hope that fan donations and others can soon be used to pay that debt. Not that easy when the fans are desparate for even more money to be pumped in to the playing staff and manager.
    Are we witnessing another implosion?
    The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits

The trouble with referees is that they know the rules, but they do not know the game