hibs.net Messageboard

Page 416 of 430 FirstFirst ... 316366406414415416417418426 ... LastLast
Results 12,451 to 12,480 of 12885
    Quote Originally Posted by CapitalGreen View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    If it doesn’t concern you how other people think, why you have posted multiple times on this thread telling people they are wrong to think Hearts stand build has been a shambles?
    It's my opinion, and many others as a matter of fact. I don't get worked up about other people"s views, as that is essentially what the forum is for, open discussion.

It doesn't mean I need to get worked up or care particularly.

FWIW - I sit in lower famous five.

In reply to the person who asked me what improvements are needed at Easter Road - surely you can see for yourself? I love the place but it really needs an uplift. It looks cheap in my opinion.

I just want us to be able to compete. They're constantly growing as a club and we're stagnant. Getting behind HSL would be a start but as I've mentioned, I seriously doubt we'll be able to get half of what the Yams bring in. That's reality.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member Moulin Yarns's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Lochend_hibs View Post
    It's my opinion, and many others as a matter of fact. I don't get worked up about other people"s views, as that is essentially what the forum is for, open discussion.

In reply to the person who asked me what improvements are needed at Easter Road - surely you can see for yourself? I love the place but it really needs an uplift. It looks cheap in my opinion.

I just want us to be able to compete. They're constantly growing as a club and we're stagnant. Getting behind HSL would be a start but as I've mentioned, I seriously doubt we'll be able to get half of what the Yams bring in. That's reality.
    I assume you take your kids with you to the games.
    There is no such thing as too much yarn, just not enough time.

@hibs.net private member CapitalGreen's Avatar

I just want us to be able to compete.
    Who are we not competing with that you want us to compete with?

We are most recent team to win a trophy in Scotland out with Celtic and the season before last we achieved our highest ever point total of the modern era.

@hibs.net private member green day's Avatar

Earlier on you mentioned Hearts financial results - something about "best financial results in memory" or some other drivel.

You do understand that the only reason you posted a profit last financial year was due to the cash injections by Budge and the donors?

Hearts financial results are pretty poor by any sensible metric over the last 4 years - indeed someone posted them up 2 pages ago.

As to ER looking "tired" there are parts that need a lick of paint, but I have been in the Roseburn several times recently and the Wheatfield for the Bonnyrigg cup tie and Tynecastle is a tip.

I have no knowledge of the new stand, but have a friend who buys corporate events space - he wont use ER or Tynecastle - the former because the layout of the rooms doesnt suit him, the latter because its unfinished and he doesnt trust the people who operate it.

@hibs.net private member weecounty hibby's Avatar
    Constantly growing?? Mate, have a word with yourself. They are going backwards at a rate of knots. They constantly need mystery benefactors pumping very large sums of money in just to stand still. The stand, let's just say it's ok, has cost them north of £18m and counting. If you say that ER needs doing up you really need to go have a look at tiny Tiny. I was last in the hearts end against St Is in the cup. What a total tip, rusting steelwork, water running off various surfaces, seats broken and not numbered, it was a disgrace. Now all of that cheap building will.come back to bite them at some point when they need to renovate/rebuild. That will be Budgies next call for cash to sort out the rest of the stadium.

Left by mutual consent!

Could do a lot worse mate. A lot worse. What about four single tiered metal sheds for a start?

Quote Originally Posted by Moulin Yarns View Post
    I assume you take your kids with you to the games.
    Well, do you? The next generation of fans is important.

Love this stuff

In what way does Easter Road look "cheap"? …. Is it the 3 double deck stands, or the 4 fully enclosed concourses in each stand, something BTW the Rust Arena doesn't have .. don't know about the Wheatfield, but the Gorgie and Roseburn are like freekin' wind tunnels. Is it the modern cantilever design, which means we could build in the corners if we wanted or needed to … unlike the Rust Arena. Is it the fully UEFA compliant pitch or the unbroken sight lines from anywhere in the stadium? Is it the better seat width and better leg room in our stands compared to even the Yams brand new one?…. sorry mate I'm struggling, go on help me out.

As a Hibby are you envious that Easter Road doesn't have a mega fancy expensive frontage to the main stand, is that it? … a stand the back of which can only be seen from ground level if you are standing in the car park … what a waste of time effort and money that would have been.

I would love you to define how Hibs are 'stagnant' in comparison to anybody …… A club which has increased its percentage of season ticket holders and walk up support by more than any club in Scotland over the last 3 seasons ( in fact I doubt there's many clubs in the UK who have grown their matchday support like we have ) and looking like it will come pretty close to maintaining that next season. Haven't we been looking hard enough for 'mystery' benefactors … is that it?

The only point I would concede is that once Budge has her money back and the superdupermegastand is paid for the 8000 contributors to FOH compared to the 2000 or so in HSL will be to Hearts advantage …. but its already been pointed out to you why FOH has so many contributors, a factor that thankfully Hibs didn't have to our advantage. Hibs cant force folk to join HSL which is why it was always going to be a slow burner.

Keep it up though my Yam friend … this is fun

Each to their own. My opinion is that Hearts are an embarrassing comedy show. Mind the gap.

OK I'll bite:

If you are standing at one of the food kiosks what would you see if you turned round to look at the back wall of the concourse?

What does every member of staff serving at those kiosks wear?

Where is the bookies window situated?
    Last edited by NAE NOOKIE; 15-06-2019 at 05:04 PM.

I see they're now boasting about building an "£18m stand" when in fact they've spent £18m and counting on a £10m stand that isn't finished yet after nearly three years.

Quote Originally Posted by NAE NOOKIE View Post
    OK I'll bite:

If you are standing at one of the food kiosks what would you see if you turned round to look at the back wall of the concourse?

What does every member of staff serving at those kiosks wear?

Where is the bookies window situated?
    Give him a break. He has his kids with him, how is he expected to notice these things 😉

@hibs.net private member jacomo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by CapitalGreen View Post
    Your initial posts were asking for the thread to be closed and that we spent to much time focusing on Hearts. Now you want to have a serious discussion about it?

You sound as confused as the person responsible for ordering the seats at Tynecastle.

Remember, we’re all here just in the vain hope that something might go wrong.

NOTHING has gone wrong, the new Hearts stand was in fact completed on time and on budget with no errors and no teething troubles, and the only remaining issue is whether those anti-Jambo b******s at RIBA dare to award the Stirling Prize to another building.

Quote Originally Posted by hibshibshibs1 View Post
    I don't think many people will remember Hearts going to the brink of collapse and ripping off thousands of people and businesses as a particularly embarrassing time for Hibs, in all honesty.
    A clearly crackpot thing to say (unless you're a jumbo who believes Kickback is gospel).

OK, I'll leave it lie. It's clearly hit a nerve with some of you. I was only giving my honest opinion.

You getting hitting a nerve mixed up with tickling our funny bones.

Worst undercover attempt for yonks.

@hibs.net private member lapsedhibee's Avatar
    I'm a season ticket holder in the famous five stand by the way, I take it that everyone with a different perspective is a Yam to a lot on here?
    Quote Originally Posted by lapsedhibee View Post
    I'll only be completely convinced if you've had a season ticket at ER for 40 years.

Quote Originally Posted by lapsedhibee View Post
    Wasting your time mate, he wont answer a Hibs related question he cant find the answer to on Wikipedia

@hibs.net private member
    On a serious note, have they ever announced the actual capacity yet? The op said 20,099.

Quote Originally Posted by PatHead View Post
    On a serious note, have they ever announced the actual capacity yet? The op said 20,099.
    They've never had a crowd over 20k since new stand was opened so 19k something

Quote Originally Posted by Since452 View Post
    Hearts highest home attendance 19,667 vs Hibernian Premiership 6 April 2019 🇳🇬🤭🇳🇬

In comparison to our

2018–19 season (Hibs)
    Highest home attendance 20,200 (v. Heart of Midlothian, 29 December)
    Last edited by MSK; 16-06-2019 at 08:30 AM.

@hibs.net private member Winston Ingram's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Since452 View Post
    That’s because the capacity is under 20k

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Winston Ingram View Post
    That’s because the capacity is under 20k
    Does seem incredible they are allowed to maintain the pretence it is.

Quote Originally Posted by PatHead View Post
    They haven’t and let’s be honest, if it was more than ours we would have heard about it by now!

FWIW their official capacity will be on the safety certificate, which is issued and held by ECC.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Aldo View Post
    They haven’t and let’s be honest, if it was more than ours we would have heard about it by now!

FWIW their official capacity will be on the safety certificate, which is issued and held by ECC.

Anyone know how to do a FOI request?
    Mature, sensible signature required for responsible position. Good prospects for the right candidate. Apply within.

Quote Originally Posted by Eyrie View Post
    Anyone know how to do a FOI request?
    http://www.edinburgh.gov.uk/info/200...nformation_foi

There you go. All you need to know

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by Aldo View Post
    http://www.edinburgh.gov.uk/info/200...nformation_foi

There you go. All you need to know

Bet it gets blocked or if not, the number will be redacted by the jambo council.

Quote Originally Posted by 007 View Post
    Bet it gets blocked or if not, the number will be redacted by the jambo council.
    They have to give a reason why it’s blocked or not done. For instance if an FOI takes more than 40 hours to complete then it won’t be processed and there is legislation to back this up.

If someone does request an FOI I would wait as ever season ECC, Hearts and the Emergency Services need to discuss this and previous years issues!

@hibs.net private member Jack Hackett's Avatar
    Anyone remember when queenie last re-scheduled completion so that it would be finished on schedule? Progress reports seem to have dried up

@hibs.net private member Bostonhibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Hackett View Post
    Anyone remember when queenie last re-scheduled completion so that it would be finished on schedule? Progress reports seem to have dried up
    They're officially self sufficient, in terms of having a completed stand, to the tune of one.

Thought I'd have a go at a budge type statement.

Sent from my SM-A750FN using Tapatalk

"I did not need any persuasion to play for such a great club, the Hibs result is still one of the first I look for"

Sir Matt Busby

@hibs.net private member lapsedhibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Bostonhibby View Post
    They're officially self sufficient, in terms of having a completed stand, to the tune of one.

Thought I'd have a go at a budge type statement.
    Farely … "poor" effort, "punctuation"-wise.