hibs.net Messageboard

Page 410 of 430 FirstFirst ... 310360400408409410411412420 ... LastLast
Results 12,271 to 12,300 of 12885
    @hibs.net private member greenginger's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by HFC93 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I would be interested to see what the original budget was for the stand compared what it will cost once it's finished.
    The building warrant application for football changing facilities , police and media facilities was made back in January with an estimated budget of £ 620,000.

The building warrant has not been issued yet, but I'm sure the paper work will catch up with the superspeed construction work at the Budge folly sometime.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Have they completed the worlds first glass curtain wall yet? The plans looked impressive

Quote Originally Posted by HFC93 View Post
    I would be interested to see what the original budget was for the stand compared what it will cost once it's finished.
    IIRC the cost for the completed single tiered stand was in the region of £12 million.

In 2018 the cost had risen to £18 million and its well over £20 million now with the end not even in sight!

What we do need to remember it’s what big teams do to achieve the ultimate and most modern facilities!

PS Spurs built a 63,000 all seater stadium in the time it has taken that mob to get to this stage of development!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

@hibs.net private member Bostonhibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Aldo View Post
    IIRC the cost for the completed single tiered stand was in the region of £12 million.

In 2018 the cost had risen to £18 million and its well over £20 million now with the end not even in sight!

What we do need to remember it’s what big teams do to achieve the ultimate and most modern facilities!

PS Spurs built a 63,000 all seater stadium in the time it has taken that mob to get to this stage of development!

And Spurs haven't even got a sighting of a medium sized folly in return for their investment never mind a partial view of a castle for very tall people standing on the roof.

Sent from my SM-A750FN using Tapatalk

"I did not need any persuasion to play for such a great club, the Hibs result is still one of the first I look for"

Sir Matt Busby

Quote Originally Posted by Bostonhibby View Post
    And Spurs haven't even got a sighting of a medium sized folly in return for their investment never mind a partial view of a castle for very tall people standing on the roof.

But do they have ‘Chips’ BH?

But do they have ‘Chips’ BH?

Not sure, I think hearts had discovered the potato and Mrs Doctor Budge had made her announcement about the development of the "chip" before Spurs had even laid a brick at the new White Hart Lane.

"I did not need any persuasion to play for such a great club, the Hibs result is still one of the first I look for"

Sir Matt Busby

Not sure, I think hearts had discovered the potato and Mrs Doctor Budge had made her announcement about the development of the "chip" before Spurs had even laid a brick at the new White Hart Lane.

Wonder what new smokescreen she can think of as an excuse for the stand not being completed?? Escalator wired up??

I find it all pretty amusing tbh!

Wonder what new smokescreen she can think of as an excuse for the stand not being completed?? Escalator wired up??

Blame the council

Sir Matt Busby

@hibs.net private member jacomo's Avatar
    This thread needs closing.

Unfortunately the stupid new stand still ain’t ready! When are you going to put us out of our misery and declare the shambles finished, Jambos??

Blame the council

Think they’ve tried or done that one?

Quote Originally Posted by jacomo View Post
    This thread needs closing.

Unfortunately the stupid new stand still ain’t ready! When are you going to put us out of our misery and declare the shambles finished, Jambos??
    Sure budgie mentioned 2020 as ‘possible’ completion time!

Have the seats arrived yet?

Quote Originally Posted by baker1959 View Post
    Have the seats arrived yet?
    Yep, all 19250 of them, problem is none of the numbers run sequentially and they've used a bingo number generator to allocate them.

Sir Matt Busby

@hibs.net private member BILLYHIBS's Avatar
    Are they in their Changing Rooms yet or are they still in the Marley Huts across the pitch at the back of the PBS?
    (Serious question) 😁

Did I imagine an underground hospitality bunker beneath a removable terracing on hydraulic levers from earlier in this thread? Was that real?(serious question)

Quote Originally Posted by BILLYHIBS View Post
    Are they in their Changing Rooms yet or are they still in the Marley Huts across the pitch at the back of the PBS?
    (Serious question) 😁
    Changing rooms now ready see the post a few above

@hibs.net private member BILLYHIBS's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sammy7nil View Post
    👍🏾

@hibs.net private member Hibby70's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Hibby70
    Quote Originally Posted by Sammy7nil View Post
    Nope not quite. Change of plan. Directors box now going in there. Press box in the existing dugouts, dugouts are now in the restaurant and the players will get changed in the police box.

The John Robertson suite will now come up from under the centre circle like Ivan Dragon in Rocky IV whilst Ann Budge sings "Living in a Box”.

Quote Originally Posted by Hibby70 View Post
    Nope not quite. Change of plan. Directors box now going in there. Press box in the existing dugouts, dugouts are now in the restaurant and the players will get changed in the police box.

The John Robertson suite will now come up from under the centre circle like Ivan Dragon in Rocky IV whilst Ann Budge sings "Living in a Box”.
    I think that for the amount they've spent so far, they could have made that happen

@hibs.net private member

Obviously Brexit. To paraphrase No stand is better than a bad stand.

Think they will knock it down and start again.

Quote Originally Posted by PatHead View Post
    Obviously Brexit. To paraphrase No stand is better than a bad stand.

Think they will not it down and start again.
    It’s that bad they should!

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Whizz View Post
    Are they moving the Press box back as well, or is only the Directors they are keeping dry?
    Another world class move from t' famous. Mobile Director and Press boxes.

A "marvel" od which we are all jealous.

Quote Originally Posted by fat freddy View Post
    Did I imagine an underground hospitality bunker beneath a removable terracing on hydraulic levers from earlier in this thread? Was that real?(serious question)
    Its real. I believe its called the Gorgie Suite. The seating deck is raised while the punters enjoy their pre-match entertainment with that all important and elusive pitch view.

That is a massive sum of money for any Scottish club outside of Celtic … even if they are including the cost of the new pitch.

From a neutral point of view ( I'm not, but lets pretend ) you cant help thinking that in 10 years time whoever is running Hearts will look back on this project as a massively missed opportunity.

It seems to me that they have spent a large part of the budget for this stand catering to vanity rather than practicality. The piazza could have been an area of tarmac at I'm sure a fraction of the cost. Did they really need escalators? Did they really need that glass frontage? And did the stand really need to be single tier apart from to cater to a claim to atmosphere which even Hearts fans when they are being truthful admit is missing at most of their games.

For the money they have spent I'm willing to bet they could have built a cracking two tier stand with corporate facilities in the middle facing the pitch and with a capacity in excess of 8,000. Even if it meant waiting a few years to extend the Gorgie and Roseburn stands ( giving even more capacity ) to match up they could have built the new stand 3 or 4 metres back from the touchline giving them scope to widen their tiny pitch.

Instead of that they have built an unremarkable stand which paints them into a corner vis a vis pitch extension or increasing the stadiums capacity in a city whose population is only going to grow in the next 20 years … I'm willing to bet that if ( when ) Hearts are forced to face up to these issues the cost to rectify their short sightedness will be eye watering. In fact so much so that leaving Gorgie may well be their only option in the long term.

Nice one Jambos

@hibs.net private member Mibbes Aye's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by tamig View Post
    Its real. I believe its called the Gorgie Suite. The seating deck is raised while the punters enjoy their pre-match entertainment with that all important and elusive pitch view.
    What I want to know is if they still have the stairway to nowhere. That was my favourite pic from the building work.

Okay, that and maybe the conference room with the big massive pillars in the middle so you couldn’t see the video screen, or indeed half the other attendees.
    There's only one thing better than a Hibs calendar and that's two Hibs calendars

@hibs.net private member Mibbes Aye's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by NAE NOOKIE View Post
    That is a massive sum of money for any Scottish club outside of Celtic … even if they are including the cost of the new pitch.

From a neutral point of view ( I'm not, but lets pretend ) you cant help thinking that in 10 years time whoever is running Hearts will look back on this project as a massively missed opportunity.

It seems to me that they have spent a large part of the budget for this stand catering to vanity rather than practicality. The piazza could have been an area of tarmac at I'm sure a fraction of the cost. Did they really need escalators? Did they really need that glass frontage? And did the stand really need to be single tier apart from to cater to a claim to atmosphere which even Hearts fans when they are being truthful admit is missing at most of their games.

For the money they have spent I'm willing to bet they could have built a cracking two tier stand with corporate facilities in the middle facing the pitch and with a capacity in excess of 8,000. Even if it meant waiting a few years to extend the Gorgie and Roseburn stands ( giving even more capacity ) to match up they could have built the new stand 3 or 4 metres back from the touchline giving them scope to widen their tiny pitch.

Instead of that they have built an unremarkable stand which paints them into a corner vis a vis pitch extension or increasing the stadiums capacity in a city whose population is only going to grow in the next 20 years … I'm willing to bet that if ( when ) Hearts are forced to face up to these issues the cost to rectify their short sightedness will be eye watering. In fact so much so that leaving Gorgie may well be their only option in the long term.

Nice one Jambos
    Can you imagine how many trips to the glass recycling bin the players will have to make?

That curtain will keep it filled for months.
    There's only one thing better than a Hibs calendar and that's two Hibs calendars

Testimonial Due

Nice one Jambos
    That would have messed up Levein's whole dry towel and long throw approach to the game. Was put down when first mentioned.

Testimonial Due

The longer this all stretches out the better as far as the club owners are concerned. Included in that spend is £5m siphoned off to connected parties. It's OK though, the auditors have signed it off as an arm's length transaction. LOL.

@hibs.net private member GreenLake's Avatar
    Hearts understatements are like hen's teeth

Nice one Jambos
    The solo clapper loves the plaza