hibs.net Messageboard

Page 417 of 430 FirstFirst ... 317367407415416417418419427 ... LastLast
Results 12,481 to 12,510 of 12885
    @hibs.net private member Bostonhibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by lapsedhibee View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Farely … "poor" effort, "punctuation"-wise.
    I graduated with honours from the same English riting class as the good doctor. Maximum verbosity, name grammer.

Sent from my SM-A750FN using Tapatalk

"I did not need any persuasion to play for such a great club, the Hibs result is still one of the first I look for"

Sir Matt Busby

2. Log in to remove the advert

"The capacity of Tynecastle Park is 20,099."

B.Anderson.

He wouldn't lie, would he.

Quote Originally Posted by Keith_M View Post
    "The capacity of Tynecastle Park is 20,099."

B.Anderson.

He wouldn't lie, would he.
    Family yam was always pretty relaxed about his 19250 number as it was amongst the best facilities in Scotland.

When I met him recently and had a chat about their record breaking sell out of around 19600 thanks to hibbies filling the away end he was so sure his info was right that he said they were probably counting hospitality and everyone else they could too.

"I did not need any persuasion to play for such a great club, the Hibs result is still one of the first I look for"

Sir Matt Busby

@hibs.net private member jacomo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Bostonhibby View Post
    Family yam was always pretty relaxed about his 19250 number as it was amongst the best facilities in Scotland.

When I met him recently and had a chat about their record breaking sell out of around 19600 thanks to hibbies filling the away end he was so sure his info was right that he said they were probably counting hospitality and everyone else they could too.

Plus stewards, catering staff and anyone who happened to wander across the plaza during the match.

Testimonial Due
    One does wonder if the post by Lochend_Hibs was a naïve attempt to try and shut down the story, which has only brought about further attention to the matter in the style commonly known as The Barbra Streisand Effect. I mean, there must be a few people out there who really don’t want this story to gather any legs:

For one, the management over at HMFC must be totally embarrassed as to how much of the fans cash they have fired through in the incompetent construction of the stand;

Secondly, the amounts that have been awarded to the related party are huge – over £5m to date has passed from the hands of the fans in to HMFC and then in to the coffers of the company owned by the said related party.

I for one am looking forward to the publication of the next edition of the comic book commonly known as HMFC PLC Annual Accounts where we can read exactly how the clowns in charge wasted this year’s extraneous inflows of £4m+. The biggest comedy moment will no doubt come when the board claim that it was another profitable year (cough . . . after £4m of windfalls . . .cough).

@hibs.net private member BSEJVT's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Lochend_hibs View Post
    So because people don't agree with my opinion, I'm a hearts fan? Stupid logic really.

I'm a season ticket holder in the famous five stand by the way, I take it that everyone with a different perspective is a Yam to a lot on here?

A lot of people agree with me btw.

It's disappointing that we can't have a serious discussion on here about how we can ensure we can still compete with them. It seems we much rather bury our heads in the sand.
    I haven't seen one single solitary person agree with you?

I don't know or much care if you are a Hearts fan but you are completely wrong about virtually everything you have posted on this thread.

I have also never been that sure why folk want to deride our club and big up our neighbours achievements either.

If you are looking for some credibility why not try posting on some other Hibs threads and try and find something nice to say

Left by mutual consent!
    It's my opinion, and many others as a matter of fact. I don't get worked up about other people"s views, as that is essentially what the forum is for, open discussion.

It doesn't mean I need to get worked up or care particularly.

FWIW - I sit in lower famous five.

In reply to the person who asked me what improvements are needed at Easter Road - surely you can see for yourself? I love the place but it really needs an uplift. It looks cheap in my opinion.

I just want us to be able to compete. They're constantly growing as a club and we're stagnant. Getting behind HSL would be a start but as I've mentioned, I seriously doubt we'll be able to get half of what the Yams bring in. That's reality.
    https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/...-club-16498008

'In the capital, Hibs pipped Hearts to an overall rating of gold, with the Tynecastle side only being credited with a silver award'

And all done with our own money, no need for 'mystery benefactors' as we always pay our way !

Testimonial Due
    Quote Originally Posted by cocteautwin View Post
    One does wonder if the post by Lochend_Hibs was a naïve attempt to try and shut down the story, which has only brought about further attention to the matter in the style commonly known as The Barbra Streisand Effect. I mean, there must be a few people out there who really don’t want this story to gather any legs:

For one, the management over at HMFC must be totally embarrassed as to how much of the fans cash they have fired through in the incompetent construction of the stand;

Secondly, the amounts that have been awarded to the related party are huge – over £5m to date has passed from the hands of the fans in to HMFC and then in to the coffers of the company owned by the said related party.

I for one am looking forward to the publication of the next edition of the comic book commonly known as HMFC PLC Annual Accounts where we can read exactly how the clowns in charge wasted this year’s extraneous inflows of £4m+. The biggest comedy moment will no doubt come when the board claim that it was another profitable year (cough . . . after £4m of windfalls . . .cough).
    Related party must be a front for Budge to get anonymous donations back. They owed it to themselves or in reality Budge and there will be no write off.

@hibs.net private member
    The family Jambo was telling me that the stairway to nowhere is going to be the exit for directors to save them hearing supporters well formed criticism.

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: TreadsoneScot
    Quote Originally Posted by PatHead View Post
    The family Jambo was telling me that the stairway to nowhere is going to be the exit for directors to save them hearing supporters well formed criticism.
    Peak Hearts. Move the problem instead of addressing it.

OK, I'll leave it lie. It's clearly hit a nerve with some of you. I was only giving my honest opinion.
    1. It wasn't honest
    2. It was a troll
    3. You got your mammy to type the big words 'cos jumbos cannot spell
    Last edited by hibbyfraelibby; 17-06-2019 at 02:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by MSK View Post
    Nah I think they said she wears a maroon vest top, grey joggers and pink crocs
    Ah...the replica away strip

For anyone upset this thread is still going... it should have been finished over a year ago!

Please contact the Queen of Hearts for an estimated completion date.

@hibs.net private member One Day Soon's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: 4 PSN ID: 6 Wii Code: 5
    I wasn't expecting that kind of response really. To me, it is evident that there is a lot in our support who are deluded and obsessed with them.

As I've already mentioned, I am simply pointing out that their stand is generating a lot of money for them (which will only continue to grow, unfortunately). It is certainly not the wreck some on here would have you believe.

To have this many pages dedicated to them, in the vain hope something goes wrong, is quite frankly embarrassing and I do wonder at times whether some of our fans do have an inferiority complex, which is why some obsess about them so much.

Any person outside of our club can see they're making huge progress and I for one, am concerned that we will be left behind if we're not careful. Again, I suggest that's one of the reasons we spent so long in the championship.

Maybe if we put as much energy into promoting HSL, rather than this kind of thread, we could begin to get half of the funds the Yams do through their FOH.

I feel somewhat like I am sticking up for them, which isn't my intention as such, but the amount of rubbish written on here is not living in reality. The same posters who talk about how they are in some sort of financial trouble (despite having the best financial results in their living memory), are most likely the same posters who charged a tenner for "inside information" when they were in admin. Look how that turned out. We were the ones who were humiliated. I just don't want the same happening again.

I've exhausted enough energy on this and I again apologise if I come across as though I'm sticking up for them, but I know many of our fans feel the same. I would love for HSL to raise enough money to allow us to improve Easter Road (which it's badly in need of), so we can continue to try and compete with them.

Will sir be driving the Rover today?

Quote Originally Posted by PatHead View Post
    No true.

It's a direct route to Section 9 3/4 in the Hertzwarts mega stand.

Quote Originally Posted by Jack View Post
    No true.

Magic!

@hibs.net private member Billy Whizz's Avatar
    No true.

Stand layout plan please, Jack

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Whizz View Post
    If you were a wizard you wouldn't need to ask.
    Space to let

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Billy Whizz View Post
    Which stand?

@hibs.net private member
    No true.

:_)

Testimonial Due
    Whilst we are on the subject of large units that Budge and Levein have wasted the fans money on, might I also put forward this one for consideration:

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/48666101

I wonder if anyone is starting a Twitter thread tracking his flight back to Prague:

https://www.edinburghlive.co.uk/spor...-live-15637220

@hibs.net private member
    Whilst we are on the subject of large units that Budge and Levein have wasted the fans money on, might I also put forward this one for consideration:

I wonder if anyone is starting a Twitter thread tracking his flight back to Prague:

Brilliant.

Wonder who Dr Football is blaming for that signing?

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: hibee-87

The funniest thing about it is we had to hear about 5 months worth of how great this guy was when they got him on a pre.
    Literally weekly updates on him from the EEN with Barry stroking one over him, how he would do this and that, transform their season, if he had come in at the start the injury to Naismith and uche wouldn't matter as much etc etc
    I had hearts family members telling me how great this guy was and creaming over some made up wiki goalscoring stats.
    They never fail to disappoint, I'll give them that 😂

Guy probably bought up his contract to get out as the basketball season is starting back home.

It's not his fault they thought he was a football player.

Sir Matt Busby

Testimonial Due
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibee87 View Post
    The funniest thing about it is we had to hear about 5 months worth of how great this guy was when they got him on a pre.
    Literally weekly updates on him from the EEN with Barry stroking one over him, how he would do this and that, transform their season, if he had come in at the start the injury to Naismith and uche wouldn't matter as much etc etc
    I had hearts family members telling me how great this guy was and creaming over some made up wiki goalscoring stats.
    They love to hype a player. See Sean Clare as well.

Quote Originally Posted by HFC93 View Post
    They love to hype a player. See Sean Clare as well.
    Yip. The Gorgie Galacticos.

Naismith - Would walk in to any team in Scotland (would need to be on crutches).
    Soutar - Future Scotland captain
    Vaneck - Upgrade on Lafferty
    Uche - Unplayable goal machine
    Clare - Turned down EPL for the famous
    Mitchell - Man United starter next season
    Zlamal - The human wall
    Berra - Best CB in Premiership

They only finished 6th because of their injuries though
    Last edited by Since452; 18-06-2019 at 08:03 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hibee87 View Post

Yep thats a perfect example of the free hype/publicity the EEN generates for them. Especially round about the times of negativity or when season tickets are up for renewal.

Every article is headlined like "Find out how hearts improved this..." "Learn the way hearts are increasing that...."

and when they get pumped its "Read how Craig Levein is fixing the team for the next Hibs game..." etc etc.

Proof the 3 senior writers at the EEN are all partial to a maroon cardigan on a first date....

Left by mutual consent!

5 years since they went into admin but still the vast majority of them have yet to tipple that the players they bring in now are of a completely different standard/level to the ones they brought in during their 'Money years' -getting so excited they tracked David Vanecek's flight from Prague to Edinburgh to sign for them, when he was a player that -

1) was within their modern-day budget

and

2) was a player deemed good enough by Potter

- all this just proves that 'Reality' is still to break out at Tiny Tyney !

@hibs.net private member greenginger's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Not In The Know View Post
    Yep thats a perfect example of the free hype/publicity the EEN generates for them. Especially round about the times of negativity or when season tickets are up for renewal.

Every article is headlined like "Find out how hearts improved this..." "Learn the way hearts are increasing that...."

and when they get pumped its "Read how Craig Levein is fixing the team for the next Hibs game..." etc etc.

Proof the 3 senior writers at the EEN are all partial to a maroon cardigan on a first date....

Not forgetting the front page coverage they gave to those balloons and the Hands on Hibs campaign at the time we were launching HSL.

I don't think I've bought a single EEN since .

Quote Originally Posted by Deansy View Post
    5 years since they went into admin but still the vast majority of them have yet to tipple that the players they bring in now are of a completely different standard/level to the ones they brought in during their 'Money years' -getting so excited they tracked David Vanecek's flight from Prague to Edinburgh to sign for them, when he was a player that -

1) was within their modern-day budget

and

2) was a player deemed good enough by Potter

- all this just proves that 'Reality' is still to break out at Tiny Tyney !
    I’ll raise you Maulrey Martin. Easily the best dead ball specialist in the SPL ( or so Preston reckons) sitting gathering a wage since Nov 2017 and just released!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk