hibs.net Messageboard

 

+ Reply to Thread
Page 418 of 420 FirstFirst ... 318368408416417418419420 LastLast
Results 12,511 to 12,540 of 12587
  1. #12511
    Coaching Staff
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Back in the town
    Age
    56
    Posts
    9,665
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    No true.

    It's a direct route to Section 9 3/4 in the Hertzwarts mega stand.
    :_)


  2. Log in to remove the advert

  3. #12512
    First Team Regular
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Shanghai, China
    Posts
    802
    Whilst we are on the subject of large units that Budge and Levein have wasted the fans money on, might I also put forward this one for consideration:

    https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/48666101

    I wonder if anyone is starting a Twitter thread tracking his flight back to Prague:

    https://www.edinburghlive.co.uk/spor...-live-15637220



  4. #12513
    Coaching Staff
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Back in the town
    Age
    56
    Posts
    9,665
    Quote Originally Posted by cocteautwin View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Whilst we are on the subject of large units that Budge and Levein have wasted the fans money on, might I also put forward this one for consideration:

    https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/48666101

    I wonder if anyone is starting a Twitter thread tracking his flight back to Prague:

    https://www.edinburghlive.co.uk/spor...-live-15637220


    Brilliant.

    Wonder who Dr Football is blaming for that signing?

  5. #12514
    Testimonial Due Hibee87's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Leith
    Posts
    2,445
    Gamer IDs

    PSN ID: hibee-87
    Quote Originally Posted by cocteautwin View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Whilst we are on the subject of large units that Budge and Levein have wasted the fans money on, might I also put forward this one for consideration:

    https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/48666101

    I wonder if anyone is starting a Twitter thread tracking his flight back to Prague:

    https://www.edinburghlive.co.uk/spor...-live-15637220


    The funniest thing about it is we had to hear about 5 months worth of how great this guy was when they got him on a pre.
    Literally weekly updates on him from the EEN with Barry stroking one over him, how he would do this and that, transform their season, if he had come in at the start the injury to Naismith and uche wouldn't matter as much etc etc
    I had hearts family members telling me how great this guy was and creaming over some made up wiki goalscoring stats.
    They never fail to disappoint, I'll give them that 😂

  6. #12515
    @hibs.net private member Bostonhibby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    lincolnshire
    Age
    59
    Posts
    16,447
    Quote Originally Posted by cocteautwin View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Whilst we are on the subject of large units that Budge and Levein have wasted the fans money on, might I also put forward this one for consideration:

    https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/48666101

    I wonder if anyone is starting a Twitter thread tracking his flight back to Prague:

    https://www.edinburghlive.co.uk/spor...-live-15637220


    Guy probably bought up his contract to get out as the basketball season is starting back home.

    It's not his fault they thought he was a football player.

    Sent from my SM-A750FN using Tapatalk

    "I did not need any persuasion to play for such a great club, the Hibs result is still one of the first I look for"

    Sir Matt Busby

  7. #12516
    First Team Breakthrough
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Edinburgh
    Posts
    336
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibee87 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The funniest thing about it is we had to hear about 5 months worth of how great this guy was when they got him on a pre.
    Literally weekly updates on him from the EEN with Barry stroking one over him, how he would do this and that, transform their season, if he had come in at the start the injury to Naismith and uche wouldn't matter as much etc etc
    I had hearts family members telling me how great this guy was and creaming over some made up wiki goalscoring stats.
    They never fail to disappoint, I'll give them that 😂
    They love to hype a player. See Sean Clare as well.

  8. #12517
    Quote Originally Posted by HFC93 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    They love to hype a player. See Sean Clare as well.
    Yip. The Gorgie Galacticos.

    Naismith - Would walk in to any team in Scotland (would need to be on crutches).
    Soutar - Future Scotland captain
    Vaneck - Upgrade on Lafferty
    Uche - Unplayable goal machine
    Clare - Turned down EPL for the famous
    Mitchell - Man United starter next season
    Zlamal - The human wall
    Berra - Best CB in Premiership


    They only finished 6th because of their injuries though
    Last edited by Since452; 18-06-2019 at 08:03 AM.

  9. #12518
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibee87 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The funniest thing about it is we had to hear about 5 months worth of how great this guy was when they got him on a pre.
    Literally weekly updates on him from the EEN with Barry stroking one over him, how he would do this and that, transform their season, if he had come in at the start the injury to Naismith and uche wouldn't matter as much etc etc
    I had hearts family members telling me how great this guy was and creaming over some made up wiki goalscoring stats.
    They never fail to disappoint, I'll give them that 😂

    Yep thats a perfect example of the free hype/publicity the EEN generates for them. Especially round about the times of negativity or when season tickets are up for renewal.

    Every article is headlined like "Find out how hearts improved this..." "Learn the way hearts are increasing that...."

    and when they get pumped its "Read how Craig Levein is fixing the team for the next Hibs game..." etc etc.

    Proof the 3 senior writers at the EEN are all partial to a maroon cardigan on a first date....

  10. #12519
    @hibs.net private member Deansy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    3,393
    Quote Originally Posted by cocteautwin View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Whilst we are on the subject of large units that Budge and Levein have wasted the fans money on, might I also put forward this one for consideration:

    https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/48666101

    I wonder if anyone is starting a Twitter thread tracking his flight back to Prague:

    https://www.edinburghlive.co.uk/spor...-live-15637220



    5 years since they went into admin but still the vast majority of them have yet to tipple that the players they bring in now are of a completely different standard/level to the ones they brought in during their 'Money years' -getting so excited they tracked David Vanecek's flight from Prague to Edinburgh to sign for them, when he was a player that -

    1) was within their modern-day budget

    and

    2) was a player deemed good enough by Potter


    - all this just proves that 'Reality' is still to break out at Tiny Tyney !

  11. #12520
    @hibs.net private member greenginger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    LEITH NO MORE
    Posts
    5,661
    Quote Originally Posted by Not In The Know View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Yep thats a perfect example of the free hype/publicity the EEN generates for them. Especially round about the times of negativity or when season tickets are up for renewal.

    Every article is headlined like "Find out how hearts improved this..." "Learn the way hearts are increasing that...."

    and when they get pumped its "Read how Craig Levein is fixing the team for the next Hibs game..." etc etc.

    Proof the 3 senior writers at the EEN are all partial to a maroon cardigan on a first date....

    Not forgetting the front page coverage they gave to those balloons and the Hands on Hibs campaign at the time we were launching HSL.

    I don't think I've bought a single EEN since .

  12. #12521
    @hibs.net private member Aldo's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Leven
    Age
    49
    Posts
    21,144
    Quote Originally Posted by Deansy View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    5 years since they went into admin but still the vast majority of them have yet to tipple that the players they bring in now are of a completely different standard/level to the ones they brought in during their 'Money years' -getting so excited they tracked David Vanecek's flight from Prague to Edinburgh to sign for them, when he was a player that -

    1) was within their modern-day budget

    and

    2) was a player deemed good enough by Potter


    - all this just proves that 'Reality' is still to break out at Tiny Tyney !
    Iíll raise you Maulrey Martin. Easily the best dead ball specialist in the SPL ( or so Preston reckons) sitting gathering a wage since Nov 2017 and just released!


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  13. #12522
    @hibs.net private member jeffers's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Grange, Edinburgh
    Age
    52
    Posts
    1,924
    Quote Originally Posted by Aldo View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Iíll raise you Maulrey Martin. Easily the best dead ball specialist in the SPL ( or so Preston reckons) sitting gathering a wage since Nov 2017 and just released!


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    What about the left back (Nigerian I think) they signed a few seasons ago. I remember him listed as being a player to watch in a pre season article.

    Even the greatest managers get it wrong sometimes with their signings but Dr Football seems to get it wrong more than most. Long may he stay in charge.
    Last edited by jeffers; 18-06-2019 at 11:07 AM.

  14. #12523
    @hibs.net private member Aldo's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Leven
    Age
    49
    Posts
    21,144
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffers View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    What about the left back (Nigerian I think) they signed a few seasons ago. I remember him being in the players to watch article in a pre season article.

    Even the greatest managers get it wrong sometimes with their signings but Dr Football seems to get it wrong more than most. Long me he stay in charge.
    I think they have signed too many to remember.

    I think the scattergun approach they have is quality and should continue.

    Pressure will be on big time to get above us and win the league earlier.

    Potter will continue in his own way and will not change.

    Like you say hope heís there for a while!


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  15. #12524
    @hibs.net private member Winston Ingram's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Edinburgh
    Posts
    9,645
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffers View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    What about the left back (Nigerian I think) they signed a few seasons ago. I remember him listed as being a player to watch in a pre season article.

    Even the greatest managers get it wrong sometimes with their signings but Dr Football seems to get it wrong more than most. Long may he stay in charge.
    He's still not found a club since they released him in 2017

  16. #12525
    @hibs.net private member jeffers's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Grange, Edinburgh
    Age
    52
    Posts
    1,924
    Quote Originally Posted by Winston Ingram View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    He's still not found a club since they released him in 2017
    Itís just good to see the FoH money is being spent wisely 😂

  17. #12526
    Testimonial Due Barman Stanton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Leith
    Posts
    1,489
    Wow, Lochend_Hibs must be one of the worst undercover Jambos I have seen on here. How has he managed to not get banned!?

  18. #12527
    @hibs.net private member Bostonhibby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    lincolnshire
    Age
    59
    Posts
    16,447
    Quote Originally Posted by Barman Stanton View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Wow, Lochend_Hibs must be one of the worst undercover Jambos I have seen on here. How has he managed to not get banned!?
    We're allowed to keep one. It's in the contract

    Changes every time a stupider one comes along.

    Sent from my SM-A750FN using Tapatalk

    "I did not need any persuasion to play for such a great club, the Hibs result is still one of the first I look for"

    Sir Matt Busby

  19. #12528
    Testimonial Due Barman Stanton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Leith
    Posts
    1,489
    Quote Originally Posted by Bostonhibby View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    We're allowed to keep one. It's in the contract

    Changes every time a stupider one comes along.

    Sent from my SM-A750FN using Tapatalk
    Im all for keeping a Jambo pet. And he is quite funny with his delusions in fairness.

  20. #12529
    @hibs.net private member Bostonhibby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    lincolnshire
    Age
    59
    Posts
    16,447
    Quote Originally Posted by Barman Stanton View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Im all for keeping a Jambo pet. And he is quite funny with his delusions in fairness.
    If you affect a Russian accent they'll give you cash as well.

    Sent from my SM-A750FN using Tapatalk

    "I did not need any persuasion to play for such a great club, the Hibs result is still one of the first I look for"

    Sir Matt Busby

  21. #12530
    Coaching Staff
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Back in the town
    Age
    56
    Posts
    9,665
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffers View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    What about the left back (Nigerian I think) they signed a few seasons ago. I remember him listed as being a player to watch in a pre season article.

    Even the greatest managers get it wrong sometimes with their signings but Dr Football seems to get it wrong more than most. Long may he stay in charge.
    Did he come on during the 2 2 game when Hearts went for a moneyspinning replay?

  22. #12531
    Ultimate Slaver Keith_M's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Between a rock & a hard place
    Posts
    22,728
    When's the Official Opening of their new stand?

    Oh and is it true that Sean Connery is going to land a helicopter in the Grand Plaza to cut the ribbon?

  23. #12532
    @hibs.net private member Bostonhibby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    lincolnshire
    Age
    59
    Posts
    16,447
    Quote Originally Posted by Keith_M View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    When's the Official Opening of their new stand?

    Oh and is it true that Sean Connery is going to land a helicopter in the Grand Plaza to cut the ribbon?
    Sean Connery's coming back to Scotland, and he's going to pay a grand for a pizza?

    Cannae see it myself, sounds about as likely as the thieves getting to the stage where they can say the megastand's signed off as complete so they can actually get someone to cut the ribbon.

    Sent from my SM-A750FN using Tapatalk

    "I did not need any persuasion to play for such a great club, the Hibs result is still one of the first I look for"

    Sir Matt Busby


  24. #12534
    First Team Regular
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Shanghai, China
    Posts
    802
    Quote Originally Posted by Aldo View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Iíll raise you Maulrey Martin. Easily the best dead ball specialist in the SPL ( or so Preston reckons) sitting gathering a wage since Nov 2017 and just released!


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I'll see your Malaury Martin and raise you a Craig Wighton. £200k transfer fee was paid for that one.

  25. #12535
    @hibs.net private member Bostonhibby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    lincolnshire
    Age
    59
    Posts
    16,447
    Quote Originally Posted by cocteautwin View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I'll see your Malaury Martin and raise you a Craig Wighton. £200k transfer fee was paid for that one.
    £200k for Wighton? Really?

    I thought Dr Football's agent pal threw him in as a makeweight so long as hearts paid for a tank of diesel for the transit the rest of the batch came in.

    Sent from my SM-A750FN using Tapatalk

    "I did not need any persuasion to play for such a great club, the Hibs result is still one of the first I look for"

    Sir Matt Busby

  26. #12536
    @hibs.net private member greenlex's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Narnia
    Posts
    22,468
    Quote Originally Posted by Bostonhibby View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Sean Connery's coming back to Scotland, and he's going to pay a grand for a pizza?

    Cannae see it myself, sounds about as likely as the thieves getting to the stage where they can say the megastand's signed off as complete so they can actually get someone to cut the ribbon.

    Sent from my SM-A750FN using Tapatalk
    Itíll be the only known structure to man where the opening ribbon is severed whilst the faded paint is flaking of the rust at the same time.

  27. #12537
    @hibs.net private member Bostonhibby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    lincolnshire
    Age
    59
    Posts
    16,447
    Quote Originally Posted by greenlex View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Itíll be the only known structure to man where the opening ribbon is severed whilst the faded paint is flaking of the rust at the same time.


    Sent from my SM-A750FN using Tapatalk

    "I did not need any persuasion to play for such a great club, the Hibs result is still one of the first I look for"

    Sir Matt Busby

  28. #12538
    @hibs.net private member Aldo's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Leven
    Age
    49
    Posts
    21,144
    Quote Originally Posted by cocteautwin View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I'll see your Malaury Martin and raise you a Craig Wighton. £200k transfer fee was paid for that one.
    No way!! REALLY.

    Who is he again?


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  29. #12539
    @hibs.net private member Jack Hackett's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Craggy Island
    Posts
    4,671
    Quote Originally Posted by cocteautwin View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Whilst we are on the subject of large units that Budge and Levein have wasted the fans money on, might I also put forward this one for consideration:

    https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/48666101

    I wonder if anyone is starting a Twitter thread tracking his flight back to Prague:

    https://www.edinburghlive.co.uk/spor...-live-15637220


    Colin S@BigC1874FollowFollow
    @BigC1874

    More


    Previous flights have landed on runway 24 so itís likely that the approach will be over the Firth of Forth, so good news if you live in the North of the city and want to point it out to your kids or your inner child.

    That's in the same league as Bulgarian Balcony and Solo Clapping in 'Piazza'





  30. #12540
    First Team Breakthrough
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    428

    Cool

    Quote Originally Posted by Keith_M View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    When's the Official Opening of their new stand?

    Oh and is it true that Sean Connery is going to land a helicopter in the Grand Plaza to cut the ribbon?
    cant wait for his speech
    Budgie doll that's a ***** for shore eyes.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
hibs.net ©2012 All Rights Reserved