hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Celtic away strip

So I thought the point of an 'away strip' was to be different colour from the home strip and to give an alternative in event of colour clash.

Celtics away strip is green!!

Absolutely mental, how are they allowed this?! When they come to Easter Rd, we must insist on wearing our home strip, they can work out what they are going to do.

Just total arrogance to think we'll be expected to wear our away kit at home to them.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member bingo70's Avatar
    I say it every time we are discussing our away strip and I say my preference is white with green sleeves, people always say it'll clash with Celtic so we can't. They don't give us a second thought when designing their strips, they design what'll sell well and that's it and we should do the same.

Been said here many times there used to be no problems with both Hibs and celtc wearing their own home strips (although they are both Hibs strips historically)

Celtic will have a 3rd strip as they are in Europe and the rules state you need 3 strips to play in Europe. The will wear that at ER.

I can think of at least 3 Celtic away tops that have had green as the main colour in recent times and I can only remember Hibs wearing an away top once at ER, that was our choice to promote a purple away strip we had just released in about 2001. We were 4-0 down at HT and I think the game finished the same way. Celtic wore yellow iirc.

Quote Originally Posted by macca70 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    So I thought the point of an 'away strip' was to be different colour from the home strip and to give an alternative in event of colour clash.

Absolutely mental, how are they allowed this?! When they come to Easter Rd, we must insist on wearing our home strip, they can work out what they are going to do.

Just total arrogance to think we'll be expected to wear our away kit at home to them.
    The main point of Celtc's "away" strip (and 3rd kit) is to increase the clubs income through sales.

Celtic home kit is predominantly white anyway, green shirt with green shorts and green socks wouldn't cause any clash I don't think.

@hibs.net private member nonshinyfinish's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post
    Celtic will have a 3rd strip as they are in Europe and the rules state you need 3 strips to play in Europe. The will wear that at ER.

I can think of at least 3 Celtic away tops that have had green as the main colour in recent times and I can only remember Hibs wearing an away top once at ER, that was our choice to promote a purple away strip we had just released in about 2001. We were 4-0 down at HT and I think the game finished the same way. Celtic wore yellow iirc.
    Correct, although I think we scored a consolation in second half. De La Cruz came off the bench and played really well – might have been his debut?

We've had away strips that clashed with Celtics home top and just wore a 3rs strip. The heather one and a yellow one iirc. No biggy.

@hibs.net private member NORTHERNHIBBY's Avatar
    When Celtc come to ER we will play in the home strip and Celtc can play in their vest and pants. That was always the rules for PE if you didn't bring your kit with you.

@hibs.net private member superfurryhibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by wpj View Post
    Been said here many times there used to be no problems with both Hibs and celtc wearing their own home strips (although they are both Hibs strips historically)
    Agreed. It has been a long time since both sides wore their traditional colours playing each other. Funny how we managed to play each other for a century or more before a clash of colour became an issue.

There third kit is green as well going by pictures.

Looks more like a polo shirt than a football top

Our mint kit was green giving us a green home top and away top that year.
    Last edited by SChibs; 11-06-2017 at 10:35 AM.

Maybe before your time but I remember us wearing a white with green sleeves away kit in a new year derby at ER. I'm surethe game was originally postponed due to torrential rain and the game ended in a 2-2 draw.

Quote Originally Posted by tamig View Post
    Maybe before your time but I remember us wearing a white with green sleeves away kit in a new year derby at ER. I'm surethe game was originally postponed due to torrential rain and the game ended in a 2-2 draw.
    I was meaning against Celtic.

I think we wore the 'millenium' kit at ER as well and we wore the purple and green stripes in a pre season friendly.

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

I was meaning against Celtic.

I think we wore the 'millenium' kit at ER as well and we wore the purple and green stripes in a pre season friendly.

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk
    Ah sorry. Thought you meant an away kit we wore in any home game. The game I mentioned was in the mid 80s.

Nowt to do with colour clashes anymore.
    More to do with kit sponsors insisting that change strips are worn a set amount of times per season.
    Even more relevant now we are back in the top league where every game is televised to some extent.

Don't worry, our new change strip is Dark Blue, so there's no colour clash.

Quote Originally Posted by Keekaboo View Post
    I'd quite like that, or red perhaps!

Not that it's a big deal but why should we be made to wear our change kit at home, just because of their arrogance in having there change kit the same colour as their home kit.

@hibs.net private member Billy Whizz's Avatar
    Thought it was black

@hibs.net private member

No idea why but I'm sure that was the game where Stubbs made his comeback after his recovery from cancer. 5-2 was the score I think.

Left by mutual consent!
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by CraigMNFitba View Post
    No idea why but I'm sure that was the game where Stubbs made his comeback after his recovery from cancer. 5-2 was the score I think.
    Different game, the one he is talking about finished 4-1 and Fenwick scored late on for us. We also wore green at Parkhead while they wore their away kit round about the same time. Marc Libbra scored in a 1-1 draw

Not that it's a big deal but why should we be made to wear our change kit at home, just because of their arrogance in having there change kit the same colour as their home kit.

Don't worry, we won't need to change, they'll get told to do one and will wear their 3rd strip.

We aren't made to wear a change strip anywhere.There's no clash,it's all money making.

@hibs.net private member Pete70's Avatar
    I care not a jot what colour their 2nd or 3rd kit is.

When we're at home against them, we'll be wearing our home kit. They can wear whatever they want

@hibs.net private member ian cruise's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by J-C View Post
    Don't worry, we won't need to change, they'll get told to do one and will wear their 3rd strip.
    Been told by a Celtic supporting friend that the 3rd kit is black. They do love to copy us.

meh, they'll just use their 3rd kit against us, no biggie

And we've never had green away kits like?

Testimonial Due
    When we had the white with green sleeves away kits in the early nineties did we just wear our home kits with green shorts at Parkhead. Think I remember Collins scoring in one game just before he signed for them in the Frank Graham kit.