hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Left by mutual consent!

So Close But Yet So Far

How did those gits get away with not going completely insolvent? If only the Lithuanians had held out for the true land value of Tynie. Unfortunately, the other clubs are now no more.

FBK Kauno - had to reform as FBK Kauno (2012) but have decided to call it a day and are no more. See: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/FBK_Kaunas_(2012)

MTZ RIPO have also ceased to exist, even after renaming themselves as FC Partizan Minsk. See: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/FC_Partizan_Minsk

There were a few of us Hibs fans who are still glad they survived - I don't tick that box and wish they had went the same way as Kaunas and RIPO.

GIRFUY ya bunch of thieves.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Sergey, my friend they are morally bankrupt. Pleasing.

Poppy thieves, tainted trophies, bumped every creditor they could, the list is endless.

Quote Originally Posted by Sergey View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    How did those gits get away with not going completely insolvent? If only the Lithuanians had held out for the true land value of Tynie. Unfortunately, the other clubs are now no more.

FBK Kauno - had to reform as FBK Kauno (2012) but have decided to call it a day and are no more. See: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/FBK_Kaunas_(2012)

MTZ RIPO have also ceased to exist, even after renaming themselves as FC Partizan Minsk. See: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/FC_Partizan_Minsk

There were a few of us Hibs fans who are still glad they survived - I don't tick that box and wish they had went the same way as Kaunas and RIPO.

GIRFUY ya bunch of thieves.
    imagine spending £70m of a poorer country's money, some of it possibly blood money, goading your rivals about it, going to the well of despair knowing you'd failed to pay macrae's battallion....only to find that all you needed, all along, was Sir David Gray?

Meh, they should have been punished more severely but supporting Hibs would be less interesting if Hearts went down the toilet

There's a lot of 'we the simple fans weren't to blame, we were led into it against our better judgement and, on occasions, our will'. I've heard that a lot from my Hearts supporting mates. Of course they all go a bit quiet when I suggest now would be a great time to pay back some of the creditors who got shaf^&d...
    The one that annoys me most is Herriot-Watt, how can they really accept giving Hearts more use of their facilities?

Remember the phone call from our first minister to lithuania helped.

They are a complete shower. No shame.

Quote Originally Posted by greenpaper55 View Post
    Zzzzzz

@hibs.net private member
    Anyone else annoyed when other Scottish fans praise them but don't mention their stealing of poppys

First Team Breakthrough Green Blood's Avatar
    Death by a thousand cuts! Long slow painful death still on the cards, Admin 2 The Return the movie!

Just think if they died we wouldn't have had the highs of 2016 or the fact they simply can't seem to beat us now. This will really hurt them knowing deep down we won it fair and also knocking them out on the way.

All this on top of Hibs being the better of the two if you were offered to sign for either club. Let them rot and suffer I say.

Hello to any looking in btw, you lot will be roasted next season 👋🏼😎

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by heidtheba View Post
    There's a lot of 'we the simple fans weren't to blame, we were led into it against our better judgement and, on occasions, our will'. I've heard that a lot from my Hearts supporting mates. Of course they all go a bit quiet when I suggest now would be a great time to pay back some of the creditors who got shaf^&d...
    The one that annoys me most is Herriot-Watt, how can they really accept giving Hearts more use of their facilities?
    I still to this day however cannot understand how you can owe money to yourself.

That was the constant answer from them! Not one of them even questioned that.

Are they really that stupid?

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan69 View Post
    Yes.
    Mature, sensible signature required for responsible position. Good prospects for the right candidate. Apply within.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Thecat23 View Post
    Just think if they died we wouldn't have had the highs of 2016 or the fact they simply can't seem to beat us now. This will really hurt them knowing deep down we won it fair and also knocking them out on the way.

All this on top of Hibs being the better of the two if you were offered to sign for either club. Let them rot and suffer I say.

THIS !. Okay, justice wasn't done but then we wouldn't be having the exquisite pleasure & delight we're having just now as they gradually revert back to their 'Pre-Mercer Days' - we're so far ahead of them in every single way - stadium/squad/training-facilities/money etc - that as every day dawns it brings new grief, agony and more importantly - SHAME - for them ! 'Cash-cows' FFS - what a redder !!

Right now the 1st derby-game can't come quick enough for us - 'Playing Within Your Means' is as superb for us as it is lethal for them ! 'Payback' for 30+ years of cheating is well on it's way ............................

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Deansy View Post
    THIS !. Okay, justice wasn't done but then we wouldn't be having the exquisite pleasure & delight we're having just now as they gradually revert back to their 'Pre-Mercer Days' - we're so far ahead of them in every single way - stadium/squad/training-facilities/money etc - that as every day dawns it brings new grief, agony and more importantly - SHAME - for them ! 'Cash-cows' FFS - what a redder !!

Right now the 1st derby-game can't come quick enough for us - 'Playing Within Your Means' is as superb for us as it is lethal for them ! 'Payback' for 30+ years of cheating is well on it's way ............................
    A Scottish Cup win or being an integral part of them going to the wall - that's a tough call for moi.

I'll happily settle for my 2nd prize

@hibs.net private member
    I for one are glad they survived. You can't beat a Derby victory and as they no longer are able to financially cheat we've got a great chance to extend our unbeaten run against them.

@hibs.net private member Mr White's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by lucky View Post
    I for one are glad they survived. You can't beat a Derby victory and as they no longer are able to financially cheat we've got a great chance to extend our unbeaten run against them.
    Me too. I would have laughed if their big team delusions had sunk them down to Third Lanark or St Bernards proportions but ultimately life as a hibs fan is more interesting with a local rivalry. Particularly so when we keep pumping them out of the Scottish cup

Left by mutual consent!
    I think at least 399,000 of the 400,000 yams in existence would've preferred to have died as a club rather than live with the memories and consequences of the 2-2 Scottish Cup game.

@hibs.net private member Berwickhibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by greenpaper55 View Post
    Exactly...... What did he promise them

Quote Originally Posted by berwickhibby View Post
    exactly...... What did he promise them
    freedom!

@hibs.net private member Bostonhibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan69 View Post
    I still to this day however cannot understand how you can owe money to yourself.

That was the constant answer from them! Not one of them even questioned that.

Yes, these are the people that are putting coins and maybe notes into a cow bank to build a stand. The people who are running their club are encouraging them to do this.

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk

"I did not need any persuasion to play for such a great club, the Hibs result is still one of the first I look for"

Sir Matt Busby

Quote Originally Posted by lucky View Post
    Agree with this. They would have reformed anyway and gone around claiming to be the same club just like the full fat version...

It was spotted as a money laundering scam from the off by anyone with half an interest. They just stuck by "believe" which they quickly changed to "we were lied to" as soon as it suited. Would I have wanted thousands of peoples real madrid to become thousands of peoples dodo bird, nup, and said so at the time. Left to their own devices they are rubbish and there's more to come from that story, particularly if the Lithuanian govt prosecute, the as still at large, Vlad.

@hibs.net private member ian cruise's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Thecat23 View Post

That's where I am in regards to the whole thing, glad they survived to be reminded again and again who is the better club in every way possible these days. Going out of business would have been an easy escape and they'd have comforted themselves with their post demise record.

Agree with crazyhorse.They would have still found a way to keep the ground and do a zombiejambos.Their cheating is dead and that's all we really wanted. Any trophy wins during the proven cheating years are nul and void. Proper minded jambos wouldnt disagree.

My Jambo mates don't talk about the foootball. They used but they don't now.

They look so sad and deflated. The spark or 🔥 has disappeared and they are lost.

The song book is now down to two songs from Hector Nicol in the 1950's and 'the European' song but they don't sing either of them often.

They have Levein. They have Cathro. They have bills to pay with real money. And they have Queen Anne who is bleeding them dry for cash to run HER club.

I mean here's the thing — at the end of the day for the sake of all the honest Jambos (minority though they may be) I wouldn't have liked to have seen them cease to exist. Edinburgh is big enough for two teams and we need someone to beat regularly for sake of revenge.

All the same they got off lightly, no doubt. So lightly in fact that it seems to have spawned this genuinely sickening post-truth acceptance within the Hearts support that what their club did to its own community was in any way excusable in light of the mediocre sporting success it bought.

I wouldn't have wanted to see them disappear, but I would have hoped their support would have learned a sense of humility by this stage instead of the arrogance and idiocy that seems to have become the norm amongst that support.

When you see the state of Dundee Utd you realise there are a few clubs in the SPL who are only one poor season away from financial melt-down. Yams included, in fact possibly at the front of that queue. This coming season could be disastrous for them. Failure to get a top 6 place could see them flirt with the relegation dog-fight or at least the play off spot and then it's very squeaky bum time. Do they have the players with the character for that sort of fight? Nope, not anymore!

@hibs.net private member Libby Hibby's Avatar
    If they had went to the wall, we wouldn't have had that special derby cup win in 2016 and perhaps, just perhaps, fate may have decided for us not to have that wonderful day last May.

All ifs and buts. I am quite glad to see them struggle big time, on and off the pitch at the moment.

Who knows, their fate may yet to be decided if their begging bowls and cash cows don't get filled up.

Left by mutual consent!
    In the news today the new stand is running over budget, they are still begging for more money but say they have the funds to cover the increase .. eh! So why beg for more money, very suspicious !