hibs.net Messageboard

Page 36 of 39 FirstFirst ... 263435363738 ... LastLast
Results 1,051 to 1,080 of 1170
    Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I wonder where they go next with him. He took to 3 miles easily.

I wonder if there is a temptation to aim him at the Denman Chase at Newbury and if he does well there to have a shot at the Gold Cup? That was the route Coneygree took when he won the GC as a novice. It's easy to get carried away but that was awesome yesterday.
    They said that they were heading for the French Gold Cup this season.

2. Log in to remove the advert

First Team Breakthrough
    Quote Originally Posted by HUTCHYHIBBY View Post
    They said that they were heading for the French Gold Cup this season.
    Yeah, the French aren’t obsessed with the festival like the press are over here, looks an absolute beast to be honest, he’ll take some stopping in King George next year.

Fair enough.

With Galopin Does Champs and Fastorslow entered it's a better field at Leopardstown imo.
    Brilliant performance from Galopin Des Champs, never put a foot wrong. 👏

Aye, should be some race
    Gallopin destroyed the field there .

Very impressive from Galopin Des Champs.

I was all over him from early doors for the GC last year and got some half decent prices. Won't get anything like that again this year but I don't see many reasons why he shouldn't win again. Best priced 11/8 currently.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

Has anyone else seen the altercation between Patrick and Danny Mullins at Limerick today?

Patrick won the race but immediately after the line there was a bit of finger pointing and a clear disagreement. Post race PM was asked about it and said:

"I tried to drop my lad, get him back a bit and get a breather into him. I told Danny going out that there will be a gap down my inside at the second-last, do not come for it. He hasn't listened to me. Luckily he hasn't got the two of us beat, but it didn't matter."

That seems more than a bit dodgy to me. A horse in the colours of one of your flasghip owners (Ricci) and his jockey telling another he isn't allowed to try and exploit a gap. The stewards certainly wanted an explanation and were dissatisfied with the one given so have referred it for further investigation.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

@hibs.net private member Hiber-nation's Avatar
    Incredible ride by Joe Anderson on Transmission at Plumpton today. Almost fell off after a mistake, unbelievable recovery to stay on, made it over 3 or 4 fences without his irons and managed to win. Well done son.

https://x.com/tonymullins84/status/1744007944688042163

Very impressive from Galopin Des Champs.

I was all over him from early doors for the GC last year and got some half decent prices. Won't get anything like that again this year but I don't see many reasons why he shouldn't win again. Best priced 11/8 currently.
    Collect your dough, what a machine.

Collect your dough, what a machine.
    Aye he looked bang on yesterday.

When Fastorslow came to challenge just after 2 out you thought he was maybe in a bit trouble but when Townend closed the door on the gap it was game over. He's not a particularly flashy sort but he's the type I like because he just knows his job. An inch of rein let out and the jockey getting a wee bit lower in the saddle and he was away. Won comfortably being ridden out with hands and heels. He's undoubtedly the one to beat in March.

State Man just took good in the Irish Champion Hurdle.

Nicholls and Cobden 3 from 3 at Musselburgh today and will fancy their chances in the next as well. Having a wee dabble at 9/1.

Not even close, all but pulled up.

@hibs.net private member I'm_cabbaged's Avatar
    Getagin broke down on the line in the last race when winning ,horrible sight.

Quote Originally Posted by I'm_cabbaged View Post
    Getagin broke down on the line in the last race when winning ,horrible sight.
    I think Elliott's horse went wrong in an earlier race as well.

That home straight did look like a ploughed field after the first couple of races which always increases the risk of a horse landing wrong or taking a misstep.

@hibs.net private member I'm_cabbaged's Avatar
    I think Elliott's horse went wrong in an earlier race as well.

That home straight did look like a ploughed field after the first couple of races which always increases the risk of a horse landing wrong or taking a misstep.
    Backed them both, feel like the grim reaper!!Both of them on the flat as well , thought elliot’s had just pulled up at the time. Course doesn’t look like it can take two days racing tbh

Quote Originally Posted by I'm_cabbaged View Post
    Backed them both, feel like the grim reaper!!Both of them on the flat as well , thought elliot’s had just pulled up at the time. Course doesn’t look like it can take two days racing tbh
    I drove past when the last was on, it looked awful.

Awful news from Charing Point to point today as well. Jockey Keagan Kirkby, who rode for Paul Nicholls, was killed after his horse ran through the wing of a fence. 25 years old.

It's a really difficult sport to love sometimes.

Awful news from Charing Point to point today as well. Jockey Keagan Kirkby, who rode for Paul Nicholls, was killed after his horse ran through the wing of a fence. 25 years old.

It's a really difficult sport to love sometimes.
    Brutal. And Hermes Allen gone yesterday.

According to The Racing Post Constitution Hill is a major doubt for the Champion Hurdle.

According to The Racing Post Constitution Hill is a major doubt for the Champion Hurdle.
    Getting another blood test on Monday. Time running out, surely won't run.

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hiber-nation View Post
    Getting another blood test on Monday. Time running out, surely won't run.
    Can't imagine they will take any chances with that. Assume some excellent value ante post bets for the runners that do run if doesn't make it

State Man now 2/1 on for the Champion Hurdle. Lossiemouth at 4/1 and Irish Point at 5/1.

Constitution Hill between 8/11 and 4/5 pretty much across the board. Couple of the exchanges you can get odds against at 21/10.

The market was suspended pretty quickly after news of the Kempton gallop broke whilst they sorted it out.

I was reading that Mark Bradstock has died aged only 66. For a guy who only ever had a dozen horses in training at a time he punched well above his weight.

He, along with Lord Oakesy, bred both Carruthers and Coneygree from a mare who cost just over £3000. The latter winning the Gold Cup as a novice.

Quote Originally Posted by JimBHibees View Post
    Can't imagine they will take any chances with that. Assume some excellent value ante post bets for the runners that do run if doesn't make it
    Confirmed by Henderson - not running.

I was reading that Mark Bradstock has died aged only 66. For a guy who only ever had a dozen horses in training at a time he punched well above his weight.

He, along with Lord Oakesy, bred both Carruthers and Coneygree from a mare who cost just over £3000. The latter winning the Gold Cup as a novice.
    Followed his stable with interest as a former work colleague had a connection and tipped me King Harald when it won the Jewson's at Cheltenham at a tasty price.
    He trained more donkeys than good uns but for such a small outfit he had more than his fair share of high level wins.
    To get Coneygree back after two serious injuries was a magnificent feat of nurtured caring training. I recall sitting with my stopwatch clocking the split times fence to fence in his Kauto Star win at Kempton (eased down), long before you got furlong split times on screen, and they compared more than favourably with the King George run over the exact same distance later in the day. Earmarked him then as a real GC contender and my pocket benefited as a result.
    It would be a fairy tale if Mr Vango was to win the National Hunt Novices marathon at Cheltenham next Tuesday. Can't see it, although soft going might help and the racing game is rife with such fairy tales. I'll not be the only one having a few shillings on him each way in the hope of another one.

@hibs.net private member Hibernia&Alba's Avatar
    Lucky 15: State Man, Lossiemouth, Ballyburn, El Fabiolo.

Do I dare add Galopin Des Champs for the Lucky 31? Big outlay there.
    HIBERNIAN FC - ON THE RIGHT SIDE OF HISTORY SINCE 1875

Quote Originally Posted by Hibernia&Alba View Post
    Lucky 15: State Man, Lossiemouth, Ballyburn, El Fabiolo.

Do I dare add Galopin Des Champs for the Lucky 31? Big outlay there.
    There's nothing lucky about selecting such heavy odds-on favourites! But if you end up with a tidy sum riding on El Fab I hope he stands up for you. I read that Edwardstone is going to make it a fast run race. That will test El Fab's scratchy jumping especially if he is more used to the typical Irish race pattern of steadied pace then sprint from two out. I'd venture to suggest that in a fast run race at Cheltenham, he is longer odds than 1/2 to stay on his feet, never mind win. And given Jonbon's last outing, Edwardstone EW at 15/2 in an 8-runner field and places 1-2-3 is the best value bet .

Using one of the free bets on the Supreme Novices on Jeriko Du Reponet. Would be nice to see the Irish applecart being upset.

Nothing standing out apart from the obvious Lossiemouth and State Man tomorrow unless anyone has any tips

@hibs.net private member Hibernia&Alba's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Greenbeard View Post
    There's nothing lucky about selecting such heavy odds-on favourites! But if you end up with a tidy sum riding on El Fab I hope he stands up for you. I read that Edwardstone is going to make it a fast run race. That will test El Fab's scratchy jumping especially if he is more used to the typical Irish race pattern of steadied pace then sprint from two out. I'd venture to suggest that in a fast run race at Cheltenham, he is longer odds than 1/2 to stay on his feet, never mind win. And given Jonbon's last outing, Edwardstone EW at 15/2 in an 8-runner field and places 1-2-3 is the best value bet .
    Some good points there. Jonbon cost me a tidy sum accumulator in his last race. I will never forgive him. I think he was around 2/7 and by far the shortest price in the bet. I couldn’t believe it. I think/hope El Fabiolo’s class will tell, but you just never know in jump racing.

The Supreme Novice looks a cracking race to kick things off. EW only for me I think.
    HIBERNIAN FC - ON THE RIGHT SIDE OF HISTORY SINCE 1875

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Any good tips for watching Cheltenham in City centre pubs? Prefer being able to hear commentary etc.

Quote Originally Posted by JimBHibees View Post
    Any good tips for watching Cheltenham in City centre pubs? Prefer being able to hear commentary etc.
    I used to always watch in either Mathers on Broughton Street or the Cask & Barrell on the same. The latter certainly still shows albeit it might be stretching city centre to the limit.