hibs.net Messageboard

Page 35 of 39 FirstFirst ... 253334353637 ... LastLast
Results 1,021 to 1,050 of 1170
    @hibs.net private member Lancs Harp's Avatar
    Whats Musselburgh races like? Im not a great race fan i must admit but probably do a meet once every 2 or 3 years. Was thinking of combining it over a long weekend with a visit to Easter Road.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by Lancs Harp View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Whats Musselburgh races like? Im not a great race fan i must admit but probably do a meet once every 2 or 3 years. Was thinking of combining it over a long weekend with a visit to Easter Road.
    It depends what time of year you go really, LH. You've missed the Cheltenham trials, but they also have some good evening meets, or they used to, I don't live in East Lothian anymore.

@hibs.net private member
    Any tips for Musselburgh tomorrow?

Quote Originally Posted by Lancs Harp View Post
    Largely depends on the day you go.

New Year's Day and Ladies Day tend to be a non racing crowd and are pretty overcrowded and there are always a few drunken bams determined to spoil it. Same is somewhat true of the Edinburgh Cup day.

Cheltenham Trials is a good weekend. Knowledgeable racing crowds and the likes of Nicky Henderson and Paul Nicholls usually send a few horses up. On the flat the Scottish Sprint Cup is a good day as is the Queen's Cup early in the season.

On the whole the facilities are decent. Plenty bars and bookies with pop up food vans and bars supplementing the fixed facilities.

@hibs.net private member Hiber-nation's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post
    Largely depends on the day you go.

New Year's Day and Ladies Day tend to be a non racing crowd and are pretty overcrowded and there are always a few drunken bams determined to spoil it. Same is somewhat true of the Edinburgh Cup day.

Cheltenham Trials is a good weekend. Knowledgeable racing crowds and the likes of Nicky Henderson and Paul Nicholls usually send a few horses up. On the flat the Scottish Sprint Cup is a good day as is the Queen's Cup early in the season.

On the whole the facilities are decent. Plenty bars and bookies with pop up food vans and bars supplementing the fixed facilities.
    Must admit I was a tad awestruck the time I saw a Godolphin horsebox in Musselburgh Tesco car park

Should add that Shaquille's run yesterday in the Commonwealth Cup was incredible. Missed the break by rearing up in the stalls, pulled hard yet somehow managed to get past Little Big Bear the odds-on favourite. Will be interesting to see how the horse fares next time although it was a pretty average field.

That seemed to be a thoroughly impressive performance from Jasour in The July Stakes, Crowley was happy to sit in last place, he even took a pull coming out the stalls, and then swept through the field with the minimum of effort. One to keep an eye on methinks.

Field reduced to 34 for 2024 Grand National, starting line moved, standing start and time brought forward. Seems sensible.

Quote Originally Posted by HUTCHYHIBBY View Post
    That seemed to be a thoroughly impressive performance from Jasour in The July Stakes, Crowley was happy to sit in last place, he even took a pull coming out the stalls, and then swept through the field with the minimum of effort. One to keep an eye on methinks.
    Finished 2nd last and last in its subsequent runs this season, most odd. 🤔

Possibly not the Grp 1 horse that it looked like.
    Last edited by HUTCHYHIBBY; 12-10-2023 at 03:29 PM.

150/1 & 125/1 winners at Lingfield today, mental! 😳

What are people fancying for The King George next month, the weekends results have certainly muddied the waters a tad.

I don't think I could have Bravemansgame at 11/4 after his first couple of runs this season.

Money has piled on Allaho over the last couple of days.
    Last edited by HUTCHYHIBBY; 19-12-2023 at 08:35 AM.

What are people fancying for The King George next month, the weekends results have certainly muddied the waters a tad.

I don't think I could have Bravemansgame at 11/4 after his first couple of runs this season.

Money has piled on Alaho over the last couple of days.
    I quite like Gerri Colombe even at the price. Elliot seems to be suggesting it's a real possibility he comes over for it.

He's really done everything asked of him so far. Only one blip on his record and that was a staying on 2nd at Cheltenham when he would have got up with another few yards. He's stayed 3+ miles at Cheltenham and won at a faster, tighter track at Aintree and over a sharp 2m4f at Sandown. Seems to go both left and right handed as well.

It's pretty wide open though and there are plenty questions about almost all the entries.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

I quite like Gerri Colombe even at the price. Elliot seems to be suggesting it's a real possibility he comes over for it.

He's really done everything asked of him so far. Only one blip on his record and that was a staying on 2nd at Cheltenham when he would have got up with another few yards. He's stayed 3+ miles at Cheltenham and won at a faster, tighter track at Aintree and over a sharp 2m4f at Sandown. Seems to go both left and right handed as well.

It's pretty wide open though and there are plenty questions about almost all the entries.
    I think it's probably best to wait and see what Ireland's big two trainers decide to do, quite intriguing though.

I think it's probably best to wait and see what Ireland's big two trainers decide to do, quite intriguing though.
    Definitely.

No surprise at all if Elliot and Mullins send their big guns to Leopardstown at Christmas.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

In to just over 11/4 FAV on Betfair.

Did anyone else see Henry Brooke's interview after he won on White Rhino? It would've brought a tear to a glass eye. His horse (Gesskille) had to be put down after sustaining an injury in the previous race. It's a tough old game.

Allaho in to 15/8 Favourite, looks like Gerri may well run at home.

Allaho in to 15/8 Favourite, looks like Gerri may well run at home.
    Seems that way.

Tbh I don't blame Elliot for running him in the Savill's at Leopardstown if the ground there is more suitable. He's proven on good to soft or better. No point in having him travel only to be a non runner due to the ground if there is a comparable Grade 1 race at home for him to run in. He should get his preferred ground at Cheltenham.

Seems that way.

Tbh I don't blame Elliot for running him in the Savill's at Leopardstown if the ground there is more suitable. He's proven on good to soft or better. No point in having him travel only to be a non runner due to the ground if there is a comparable Grade 1 race at home for him to run in. He should get his preferred ground at Cheltenham.
    I concur.

Seems that way.

Elliot has now confirmed it.

Elliot has now confirmed it.
    Fair enough.

With Galopin Does Champs and Fastorslow entered it's a better field at Leopardstown imo.

Fair enough.

With Galopin Does Champs and Fastorslow entered it's a better field at Leopardstown imo.
    Aye, should be some race

@hibs.net private member I'm_cabbaged's Avatar
    Will shishkin backers ever get a break? Done me for 2.5k today 😩

Quote Originally Posted by I'm_cabbaged View Post
    Will shishkin backers ever get a break? Done me for 2.5k today 😩
    Ouch, decided not to get involved, couldn't decide between the front 3 in the betting.

Il Est Francais was unbelievable.

Quote Originally Posted by Hiber-nation View Post
    Yip, tremendous performance.

@hibs.net private member I'm_cabbaged's Avatar
    Aye, and constitution hill was,,,, constitution hill. The horse is a freak of nature; wonder if we’ll ever see it over fences?

Quote Originally Posted by I'm_cabbaged View Post
    Aye, and constitution hill was,,,, constitution hill. The horse is a freak of nature; wonder if we’ll ever see it over fences?
    The way he skipped over the last 2... contemptuous!

I wonder where they go next with him. He took to 3 miles easily.

I wonder if there is a temptation to aim him at the Denman Chase at Newbury and if he does well there to have a shot at the Gold Cup? That was the route Coneygree took when he won the GC as a novice. It's easy to get carried away but that was awesome yesterday.