hibs.net Messageboard

Page 34 of 38 FirstFirst ... 243233343536 ... LastLast
Results 991 to 1,020 of 1133
    I was watching the racing from Royal Ascot today and now I realize why I prefer National Hunt. There was a race, the Jubilee Handicap, which paid £1 million. That kind of money is a fortune to people in racing syndicates, and to the smaller trainers that train a lot of their horses. But at the end of the day it was Godolphin who won all the money again, it's always either them or Coolmore. Now I like a bet just like lots of other people, but it's getting like football, the people with more money are increasingly becoming the only ones that win anything major. At least in NH there's still a fighting chance for the small man to come good. Apologies to anybody who backed the winner of the Jubilee by the way, that was just my opinion.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member Hibernia&Alba's Avatar
    What's happened between Dettori and Gosden? Has Frankie been emptied because of his performance at Ascot?
    HIBERNIAN FC - ON THE RIGHT SIDE OF HISTORY SINCE 1875

Quote Originally Posted by Hibernia&Alba View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    What's happened between Dettori and Gosden? Has Frankie been emptied because of his performance at Ascot?
    Aye.

What a performance from Trueshan in the Northumberland Plate, giving away at least 19 pounds to the rest of the field!

What a performance from Trueshan in the Northumberland Plate, giving away at least 19 pounds to the rest of the field!
    That was a brilliant performance, well worth the 3/1 on offer, considering how much weight he was carrying too.

@hibs.net private member Hiber-nation's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ekhibee View Post
    That was a brilliant performance, well worth the 3/1 on offer, considering how much weight he was carrying too.
    Been out and just caught up with it now, got it at 5/1, what a performance!

Quote Originally Posted by Hiber-nation View Post
    Been out and just caught up with it now, got it at 5/1, what a performance!
    Well done

Wow, well done to anybody who backed Pyledriver in the King George (18/1), the only horse to get anywhere near him was the Arc winner Torquado Tasso, the well fancied horses were all beaten out of sight.

What a grand old warrior Stradivarius is, touched off for a 5th win in the Goodwood Cup. Great old horse, and proof that it's not only Dettori that gets the best out of him. The winner is a good horse too though.

What about Baaeed at York today? As good as Frankel? Still unbeaten and looks in a class of his own.

If they run him in the Arc he might even be as good as Sea The Stars.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post
    If they run him in the Arc he might even be as good as Sea The Stars.
    Decent

I'm sure Baaeed would get the trip, given the way he tanked through 1m 2 today. It would be great to see.

Well that's the Arc over for another year. Alpinista won by half a length. Well done to the horse and anyone that backed him, but I'm not and never have been a fan of the trainer who's an outspoken supporter of hare coursing, hunting, bullfighting and cockfighting. But the horse has done nothing wrong, and has amassed a number of wins at the highest level. I think it went off at about 7/2 unless you took an early price.

@hibs.net private member Hiber-nation's Avatar
    Well that's the Arc over for another year. Alpinista won by half a length. Well done to the horse and anyone that backed him, but I'm not and never have been a fan of the trainer who's an outspoken supporter of hare coursing, hunting, bullfighting and cockfighting. But the horse has done nothing wrong, and has amassed a number of wins at the highest level. I think it went off at about 7/2 unless you took an early price.
    Yep I'm the same. Not a huge Luke Morris fan either with all the bumping up and down and flashing his whip everywhere but give him credit, he rode a brilliant race today. And that was a jockey who was riding a 125/1 shot at Wolverhampton the other day.

I got 6/1 on Betfair in the morning, happy days. 🍺

Aw naw, you hate to see it

Left by mutual consent!

Exactly , Performance was outstanding

Some big announcements over the last couple of days with Davy Russell retiring with immediate effect and Frankie Dettori set to retire at the end of the 2023 flat season.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

@hibs.net private member
    Just back from Leopardstown festival, what a great weekend.

Way cheaper than expected (€6 a pint). Weekend ticket cost €35, purchasing at early bird stage. Transport to and from city centre and airport bang on. Queues looked big on face of it, but went down rapid. 15k there the Sat, 21k the Sun. Lovely course and great racing. People couldn’t have been friendlier and do enough for you.

Comparing that to Cheltenham where prices are higher, ball ache to get to, horrendous queues and pints restricted to certain areas I can’t see me being back there in a hurry.

Luckily avoided bets on Blue Lord, Lossie and Vega. Mighty Potter, Gaelic Warrior and Fun Fun Fun left the weekend profitable, along with a silly pick on The Goffer at 25/1 on Sat morning before it won at 10/1 yesterday.

The atmosphere when Rachel rode down to the start on Honeysuckle was electric. Some comedy shortly after with Stateman getting booed🤣.

Wouldn’t write off Vega/Lossie in their next races. You’ll get good value now.

Can’t see past GDC in Cheltenham GC now.

As one of the Mullins connections said at the course yesterday, the Leopardstown festival is no longer a Cheltenham warm up. It’s a fantastic festival in it’s own right.

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck Rhoades View Post
    Just back from Leopardstown festival, what a great weekend.

Way cheaper than expected (€6 a pint). Weekend ticket cost €35, purchasing at early bird stage. Transport to and from city centre and airport bang on. Queues looked big on face of it, but went down rapid. 15k there the Sat, 21k the Sun. Lovely course and great racing. People couldn’t have been friendlier and do enough for you.

Comparing that to Cheltenham where prices are higher, ball ache to get to, horrendous queues and pints restricted to certain areas I can’t see me being back there in a hurry.

Luckily avoided bets on Blue Lord, Lossie and Vega. Mighty Potter, Gaelic Warrior and Fun Fun Fun left the weekend profitable, along with a silly pick on The Goffer at 25/1 on Sat morning before it won at 10/1 yesterday.

The atmosphere when Rachel rode down to the start on Honeysuckle was electric. Some comedy shortly after with Stateman getting booed🤣.

Wouldn’t write off Vega/Lossie in their next races. You’ll get good value now.

Can’t see past GDC in Cheltenham GC now.

As one of the Mullins connections said at the course yesterday, the Leopardstown festival is no longer a Cheltenham warm up. It’s a fantastic festival in it’s own right.
    I thought Facile Vega's run was just odd. Set off at a lightning pace and ended up in a duel for the lead. No way he was seeing that out and Paul Townend knew it, barely asked the horse for anything down the straight.

State Man v Constitution Hill should be a good race at Cheltenham albeit I think the latter will be a good bit too strong.

Must try Leopardstown. I've been to Punchestown and Fairyhouse but it's one that's missing from my CV.

@hibs.net private member
    I thought Facile Vega's run was just odd. Set off at a lightning pace and ended up in a duel for the lead. No way he was seeing that out and Paul Townend knew it, barely asked the horse for anything down the straight.

State Man v Constitution Hill should be a good race at Cheltenham albeit I think the latter will be a good bit too strong.

Must try Leopardstown. I've been to Punchestown and Fairyhouse but it's one that's missing from my CV.
    Agreed re Vega - went off too fast. Won’t make that mistake again.

CH different league to SM I feel - can’t see past it.

Clan Des Obeaux retired from racing. Very good horse.

Tremendous days racing ahead to kick off the grand national meeting, pity Bravemansgame is a non-runner.

Got as treble and a double today:

1.45 - Stage Star
    2.55 - Ahoy Senor
    3.30 - Constitution Hill

and

4.05 - Dento des Obeaux
    4.40 - Douglas Talking

What a result for Martin Brassil in the Punchestown Gold Cup. He'd had 7 winners under rules all season until today then sends out Fastorslow to turn over Galopin Des Champs and Bravemansgame.

What a result for Martin Brassil in the Punchestown Gold Cup. He'd had 7 winners under rules all season until today then sends out Fastorslow to turn over Galopin Des Champs and Bravemansgame.
    Never saw it, certainly a bit of a shock though.

Quote Originally Posted by HUTCHYHIBBY View Post
    I don't bet online at all. Largely as a control mechanism, if I bet in a shop it's real cash which can sometimes be lost online.

I'm assuming this will lead to everyone having to sign up to one of the loyalty cards so the bookies can keep track of your spend and intervene when required? Such checks seem easy enough online but in a shop or a betting ring I can't see how it's enforceable without such a system to track every bet placed by every punter.

I don't bet online at all. Largely as a control mechanism, if I bet in a shop it's real cash which can sometimes be lost online.

I'm assuming this will lead to everyone having to sign up to one of the loyalty cards so the bookies can keep track of your spend and intervene when required? Such checks seem easy enough online but in a shop or a betting ring I can't see how it's enforceable without such a system to track every bet placed by every punter.
    I only really use Betfair so, there is potential for problems somewhere down the line. 🤔

Congrats to anybody who bet Mostadhaf (10/1) in the Prince of Wales at Royal Ascot, scooted up comfortably against a good field. But to put it into perspective, Equinox absolutely hammered him and everybody else in Dubai the race bfore that.