hibs.net Messageboard

Page 32 of 38 FirstFirst ... 223031323334 ... LastLast
    @hibs.net private member Hiber-nation's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by McSwanky View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    What, that's not what you meant?

OK, so my advice is to keep your well earned in your pocket... but if you must have a flutter, here's what I'm reliably (or otherwise) informed is least likely to see you go home empty handed:

Out of Breath 5:40
    Mokaman 7:52
    Clarendon House 8:22

Don't shoot the messenger!
    I was swithering about Clarendon House as the last leg of my treble but you persuaded me....cheers!

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member Hibernia&Alba's Avatar
    Ever seen anything like this?

HIBERNIAN FC - ON THE RIGHT SIDE OF HISTORY SINCE 1875

The great Altior retired this week. What a horse, one of the all time great two mile chasers, he won me some cash in his career. He had that magical combination of supreme talent and determination to win. Put those together and you have an exceptional horse.

Enjoy your retirement old boy, you deserve it.

Min retired today as well.

That wasn't a bad Supreme Novices they came 1st and 2nd in. Bellshill, Petit Mouchir, Buveur D'Air, Charbel and Supasundae to name a few.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

Quote Originally Posted by Hibernia&Alba View Post
    The great Altior retired this week. What a horse, one of the all time great two mile chasers, he won me some cash in his career. He had that magical combination of supreme talent and determination to win. Put those together and you have an exceptional horse.

He's off to live with Mick Fitzgerald so I daresay he'll have a good retirement. I think he'll probably do a bit of retraining stuff to keep him busy but he'll want for nothing there.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

Great wee horse who had his quirks but was still a top class jumps horse. Thoroughly deserves a happy retirement.

Wow, 80/1 winner of the Arc, beating all the well fancied horses.

First Team Breakthrough
    Jump season back in full swing again shortly, much prefer the jumps, let’s hope Envoi Allen fulfils his potential this season, due to run at end of month at down royal so hopefully onwards and upwards from there!

Testimonial Due
    Carnage at Fakenham yesterday with loose horse , suppose if you were on the Fav it was welcome carnage.

Quote Originally Posted by JimboHibs View Post
    Carnage at Fakenham yesterday with loose horse , suppose if you were on the Fav it was welcome carnage.
    That was unreal, it was as if the loose horse did it on purpose!

First Team Breakthrough
    The time has come for Envoi Allen to spring back into action tomorrow at Down Royal 3.25, not a back-able price but the main thing is he gets round in one piece and hopefully puts down a marker for the season ahead, Rachel back on board as Elliot insists Davy Russell rides his horse.

What was Harry Skelton doing on Shan Blue? 20 lengths clear, race in the bag and absolutely threw the horse at the fence. I was half way to the counter to pick up my winnings. Thankfully the horse got up OK because it was a very heavy fall.

Frodon softened the blow somewhat. Always worth a bet in a race like that early in the season and 3/1 was generous.

Two fatalities at Huntingdon today, both Skelton trained horses. A tragic day for the yard.

Breeders Cup yesterday and today. For me, if she handles the track Tarnawa is a certainty on form and at about 2/1 American prices is a really good bet. I'm also back Knicks Go in the last.

Well money talks in flat racing. Knicks Go easily won the Breeders Cup Classic but all the trainer could do is go on about his other horse, Essential Quality the Godolphin one that finished 3rd.

Just seen an horrendous fall at Navan, with the Gordon Elliot horse Wide Receiver. They didn't show the replay, which is always a bad sign. I think it might be another fatality. I love watching the racing, but it gets to me every time.

Just seen an horrendous fall at Navan, with the Gordon Elliot horse Wide Receiver. They didn't show the replay, which is always a bad sign. I think it might be another fatality. I love watching the racing, but it gets to me every time.
    Confirmed as fatally injured.

Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post
    Confirmed as fatally injured.
    Very sad news. It was a sickening fall which left him thrashing around on the ground. RIP boy.

Betfair Chase was very messy.

Bristol De Mai and Royal Pagaille at the front jumped like novices. Waiting Pateintly was never involved.

A Plus Tard looks every inch the superstar though. King George must be on the agenda unless they run him at Leopardstown.

Betfair Chase was very messy.

Bristol De Mai and Royal Pagaille at the front jumped like novices. Waiting Pateintly was never involved.

A Plus Tard looks every inch the superstar though. King George must be on the agenda unless they run him at Leopardstown.
    I think he's going for The Savills Chase.

What a horse Honeysuckle is - 13 wins and unbeaten. She shredded a very good field today. Latest Exhibition was pulled up with a terrible injury, which sounds like it could be fatal at this early stage. Such a shame, he's a fine horse.

Is anyone else following the whole Robbie Dunne and Bryony Frost story?

It's pretty disturbing reading. 2 things stand out for me. The first is that Dunne admits and apologises for every incident when there is a witness, when one is lacking (or he has believed that to the the case) he has denied it.

The 2nd thing is the hierarchical structure in the weighing room and the code of silence that exists. One apprentice jockey admitted he was ready to testify as a witness but backed down because he knew it would mean his career was over before it started. Another female conditional quit because of the behaviour of Dunne towards her and the lack of action from other jockeys. It seems everyone is a part of a culture of fear. The claims that Dunne exposed himself are where it takes a sinister turn, a bit shouting and swearing is one thing but if proven that is grim.

One person who does come out of it all well is Paul Nicholls. He trusts Frost implicitly and continues to use her on some of his best horses. I believe he is on the list of potential witnesses. If he is called and speaks out it could well be a turning point.

It's pretty disturbing reading. 2 things stand out for me. The first is that Dunne admits and apologises for every incident when there is a witness, when one is lacking (or he has believed that to the the case) he has denied it.

The 2nd thing is the hierarchical structure in the weighing room and the code of silence that exists. One apprentice jockey admitted he was ready to testify as a witness but backed down because he knew it would mean his career was over before it started. Another female conditional quit because of the behaviour of Dunne towards her and the lack of action from other jockeys. It seems everyone is a part of a culture of fear. The claims that Dunne exposed himself are where it takes a sinister turn, a bit shouting and swearing is one thing but if proven that is grim.

One person who does come out of it all well is Paul Nicholls. He trusts Frost implicitly and continues to use her on some of his best horses. I believe he is on the list of potential witnesses. If he is called and speaks out it could well be a turning point.
    Yep I've been following it. It's been depressing hearing about the weighing room closed shop. We're talking about a female jockey and there are plenty of them. You shudder to think about how black or gay jockeys might be treated. I love racing but there is an awful lot about it that is really out of order.

@hibs.net private member stantonhibby's Avatar

Agreed.

Also following the Tylicki/Gibbons tribunal which is interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by stantonhibby View Post
    Agreed.

Also following the Tylicki/Gibbons tribunal which is interesting.
    Very interesting.

Gibbons has always struck me as a dodgy sort. He was involved in the urine tampering incident a few years ago.

I remember wathcing the race at the time and thinking it was a bit careless but I'm not sure if careless extends to negligent and dangerous. I haven't watched it since so could well be totally wrong though.

The outcome could certainly set a precedent though.

A clean sweep for Gordon Elliot today at Navan - all seven winners.

Chacun Pour Soi bombed in the Tingle Creek, finishing a distant last.

Must admit I had no idea about this. What has Dunne had to say in relation to Frost? It's disturbing stuff. Don't male and female jockeys have different changing rooms? They should do.

First Team Breakthrough
    A clean sweep for Gordon Elliot today at Navan - all seven winners.

Chacun Pour Soi bombed in the Tingle Creek, finishing a distant last.
    It was 7 out of 8 as he didn’t train the 1st winner. Big day tomorrow for Envoi Allen, Allaho is obviously the main danger but a few of Willies big guns have been needing a run so hopefully Envoi will show his class, fingers crossed anyway!

Of course Nicholls will back her up, she's one of his stable jockeys. If all of this is true then Dunne has a lot to answer for and should have his licence taken away. Originally I wasn't sure what to believe, just because she's with a big stable doesn't mean that her word should be listened to over any other female jockey that has had to go through what seems like a really nasty and grotesque experience, but I changed my mind when she stuck by her guns and spoke out again and again, good on her and hope this will help to expose at least part of the corruption and croney-ism that has existed in horse racing for centuries.

Oooft, Kilcruit well beaten into second on his hurdling debut at Cork, after going off at 1/14! You just never know.