hibs.net Messageboard

Page 21 of 38 FirstFirst ... 11192021222331 ... LastLast
    @hibs.net private member Hibernia&Alba's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ekhibee View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Well it's difficult to see how any of that lot are going to challenge her in all honesty, I used to think Sotsass was good but his form this year has been pretty patchy, I was watching a video on youtube last week with 2 betting professionals who both fancied Enable, but one of them said he would definitely be lumping a bit each way on Japan, who was 33/1 at the time, not sure what price he is now. On his day he's a good horse, so might be worth an each way punt. It's going to be heavy ground, so any horse that's run well on that type of ground has a decent chance of finishing in a place I suppose.
    The heavy ground is the one apprehension I have regarding Enable. Not her favourite ground at all. Still the most likely winner.
    HIBERNIAN FC - ON THE RIGHT SIDE OF HISTORY SINCE 1875

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member
    Well it's difficult to see how any of that lot are going to challenge her in all honesty, I used to think Sotsass was good but his form this year has been pretty patchy, I was watching a video on youtube last week with 2 betting professionals who both fancied Enable, but one of them said he would definitely be lumping a bit each way on Japan, who was 33/1 at the time, not sure what price he is now. On his day he's a good horse, so might be worth an each way punt. It's going to be heavy ground, so any horse that's run well on that type of ground has a decent chance of finishing in a place I suppose.
    Japan was 14/1 drifting to 16/1

@hibs.net private member stantonhibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by gorgiegreens View Post
    Japan was 14/1 drifting to 16/1
    None of the O'Brien horses are running now. All withdrawn

Quote Originally Posted by stantonhibby View Post
    None of the O'Brien horses are running now. All withdrawn
    Contaminated feed.

Enable turned over. She never really looked like challenging and got in a real mess 300m out.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

Had a small bet on the second In Swoop. Thought there might have been a case for the result to be overturned but it wasn't to be.

Yeh, Enable was beaten before she got bumped, but it was a very different race from the one I expected, fair dues to Sotsass, and I thought Persian King ran a mighty race for a miler, wasn't so surprised about In Swoop as German horses have a good record in the Arc in receent years,but I just coudln't see past Enable before the race, what do I know!!!

Friend of mine who doesn’t give tips very often has text me today with Annie Rose at 7.30pm Wolverhampton. Said he had it at 9/2 this morning, now 10/3. Thought I’d share 👍🏻

Quote Originally Posted by Magpie View Post
    Friend of mine who doesn’t give tips very often has text me today with Annie Rose at 7.30pm Wolverhampton. Said he had it at 9/2 this morning, now 10/3. Thought I’d share 👍🏻
    3rd, oh well 😂

Quote Originally Posted by Magpie View Post
    3rd, oh well ��
    I wouldn't worry about it. If every tip we got or gave came in there'd be no bookies left.

I was given a tip today for the 2.54 at Sedgefield. Looked like the proverbial good thing. Finished second! Had it on the nose. Ran a good race too but the second favourite finished well winning by half a length.

Nae worries though, that's racing.

Its good to see tips put up on the board.

First Team Breakthrough
    Decent racing at Cheltenham today, bit late for a selection but they won’t see which way Allmankind goes in the first. Good luck.

First Team Breakthrough
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibs1972 View Post
    Decent racing at Cheltenham today, bit late for a selection but they won’t see which way Allmankind goes in the first. Good luck.
    Yeah, went backwards.

Anthony Van Dyck put down after breaking a leg in The Melbourne Cup.

Twilight Payment (J. O'Brien) 25/1 led for most of the race beating Tiger Moth (A. O'Brien) 11/2 into 2nd.
    Prince of Arran finished 3rd (placed in the race for the 3rd time).

Quote Originally Posted by HUTCHYHIBBY View Post
    Anthony Van Dyck put down after breaking a leg in The Melbourne Cup.

Twilight Payment (J. O'Brien) 25/1 led for most of the race beating Tiger Moth (A. O'Brien) 11/2 into 2nd.
    Prince of Arran finished 3rd (placed in the race for the 3rd time).
    Yeh, watched the race, very sad for AVD, it seemed to be in the final home straight that he got injured. Remember the gutsy race he ran in the Arc trial a month or so ago. Apart from that it was a cracking race to watch, the winner deserves a lot of credit, he basically led from start to finish which is really hard to do in a race like that. Prince of Arran was surely the best each way bet though.

Yeh, watched the race, very sad for AVD, it seemed to be in the final home straight that he got injured. Remember the gutsy race he ran in the Arc trial a month or so ago. Apart from that it was a cracking race to watch, the winner deserves a lot of credit, he basically led from start to finish which is really hard to do in a race like that. Prince of Arran was surely the best each way bet though.
    If Tiger Moth had had a better draw I thought it was a good thing, decided not to get involved with him being drawn so wide.

@hibs.net private member Hiber-nation's Avatar
    Hopefully Euchen Glen win the November Handicap today. I'll be having a few bob on it anyway, always back a Scottish-trained horse that's doing well.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Hiber-nation View Post
    Hopefully Euchen Glen win the November Handicap today. I'll be having a few bob on it anyway, always back a Scottish-trained horse that's doing well.
    Big priced winner & all placed were good each way prices.

Quote Originally Posted by gorgiegreens View Post
    Big priced winner & all placed were good each way prices.
    Aye 3rd and 4th at massive prices. A race too far for Euchen Glen.

Do people think we could see Tiger Roll retired after his performance today? He was pretty flat in March, Navan can be excused but then he never travelled a yard today. For all the National is easier than it once was, it's still a race that takes a lot out of a horse and TR will be an old 10 year old.

It will do nothing for racings Image if he tips up when out of contention and is seriously injured or is repeatedly pulled up and miserable. The O'Learys daughters are apparently in love with the horse so he wouldn't want for a good home.

Left by mutual consent!
    The jockey on Saint Roi should be suspended. A shocking ride on a horse that should have won that race cosily. Dearie me. I didn't have a penny on the race but watched it anyway. I'd have been throwing things at the telly if I had. Complete shocker.

Quote Originally Posted by greenwood View Post
    The jockey on Saint Roi should be suspended. A shocking ride on a horse that should have won that race cosily. Dearie me. I didn't have a penny on the race but watched it anyway. I'd have been throwing things at the telly if I had. Complete shocker.
    Speaking of jockeys being suspended I see the jockey on Equus Secretus who was fatally injured at Cheltenham yesterday has been given a 10 day ban.

A horrible incident. The horse was clearly injured after trailing his back legs in the water and the jockey failed to notice and rode him hard into the open ditch. Jockey was an inexperienced amateur but it was still a baffling lack of awareness. I can't imagine his phone will be ringing off the hook when his suspension is up.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post
    Speaking of jockeys being suspended I see the jockey on Equus Secretus who was fatally injured at Cheltenham yesterday has been given a 10 day ban.

A horrible incident. The horse was clearly injured after trailing his back legs in the water and the jockey failed to notice and rode him hard into the open ditch. Jockey was an inexperienced amateur but it was still a baffling lack of awareness. I can't imagine his phone will be ringing off the hook when his suspension is up.
    Tragic story that. The horse would have suffered terribly. Deserves a longer time out of racing than 10 days. Hopefully as you rightly say trainers will be wary of hiring him for some time to come.

Altior withdrawn from his race at Sandown today, due to the very soft ground. Real shame, but some cracking jump races on offer at Sandown and Aintree today.

What's happened to Goshen since his very unlucky fall at the Cheltenham Festival last March? He looked a world beater prior to that day, but since then has produced two underwhelming flat runs and had a disaster over hurdles today, finishing dead last. Was he a flash in the plan, or is there another reason?

@hibs.net private member stantonhibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibernia&Alba View Post
    What's happened to Goshen since his very unlucky fall at the Cheltenham Festival last March? He looked a world beater prior to that day, but since then has produced two underwhelming flat runs and had a disaster over hurdles today, finishing dead last. Was he a flash in the plan, or is there another reason?
    He certainly went backwards at a rate of knots today!

Quote Originally Posted by stantonhibby View Post
    He certainly went backwards at a rate of knots today!
    Heart murmur detected later, apparently. It would certainly explain yesterday's performance. Hopefully they can get him sorted.

I've just watched a race at Carlisle in which two horses may have died, following heavy falls in attritional conditions. I will keep an eye on it, but one of them certainly looked bad.

An absolutely brilliant ride by Bryony Frost in the King George today. Frodon is a gutsy little horse and he jumps well. She made it a test, stacked them up behind and just kept going when the others started making mistakes. It was the only way he could win the race and it was good plan well executed.

Her 175th winner as well making her the wininng most female jockey in national hunt history. That does her a disservice though. She's not a good female jockey, she's just a good jockey.

I thought Shan Blue was a very good winner of the Kauto Star/Feltham. Jumped really well which set him apart from the rest of the field which was characterised by jumping errors, the most notable being the Big Breakaway at 2 of the last 3 when challenging.

Yeah absolutely brilliant for Frodon and Briony, loved watching that.

Epatante beaten yesterday; Altior beaten today.

Altior isn't a 2 miler anymore.

It's happened before to horses, think Master Minded, and it will happen again. They just lose that turn off foot that is so vital over 2 miles. He's not got the same steady, high cruising Speed the likes of Sprinter Sacre had; he's always had a flat spot in him.

Time to try upping the distance again I think.