hibs.net Messageboard

Page 19 of 39 FirstFirst ... 9171819202129 ... LastLast
    @hibs.net private member Hibernia&Alba's Avatar
    What's this racing they have in France, where the jockey is in a buggy/pram wheels? It's bonkers
    HIBERNIAN FC - ON THE RIGHT SIDE OF HISTORY SINCE 1875

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by Hibernia&Alba View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I was on Love, and she was superb. Glad I didn't get involved in The Derby; it was wide open and turned out very like last year's Irish Derby, in that a big priced horse was given a big lead and just kept going. Serpentine was a unique winner, doing it in such a facile way, devoid of any rival. Very strange race.

Whilst I'm unsure if Enable is a gimme tomorrow, I'm definitely going to back her.
    Now tomorrow's Eclipse is a proper Group 1 line up. Really strong field.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

What's this racing they have in France, where the jockey is in a buggy/pram wheels? It's bonkers
    Harness racing?

They used to have meetings at Musselburgh but not sure if they still do. I don't really understand it, think they have to maintain a certain stride among other things.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post
    Harness racing?

They used to have meetings at Musselburgh but not sure if they still do. I don't really understand it, think they have to maintain a certain stride among other things.
    Aye, really weird. Jockeys being pulled along on a bogey

If it's like the races they have at a certain time of the year in Musselburgh, it's trotting. There's very strict rules in the racing, it seems to be quite popular in the Netherlands and other countries. When you look at the form for these trotting races, quite often it'll read 111DD1DD1, because it's really easy to be disqualified for breaking out of a trot. In Musselburgh it used to be travelling people that were well into it, they used to set aside a week or two for them each year, not sure if they still do though.

The Eclipse tomorrow, Enable to win comfortably. Japan was a disappointing beaten favourite last time but if he regains some kind of form would at least chase Enable up, the others look like milers or just not good enough but it's not a race I would really want to bet on unless I had a large amount of dosh and as I have just bought a new car I'm skint.

I always bet on sentiment, hence I went with Enable, though I was by no means certain she would beat a fully match fit Ghaiyyath in her first race of the year. I even backed Stradivarius to beat him over a mile and a half a few weeks back, purely on sentiment.

Oh, and I just want to give a special thanks today to Military Style at Cork, who destroyed my three race acca when going off at 4/9F. Great job, you mutt

I always bet on sentiment, hence I went with Enable, though I was by no means certain she would beat a fully match fit Ghaiyyath in her first race of the year. I even backed Stradivarius to beat him over a mile and a half a few weeks back, purely on sentiment.

Oh, and I just want to give a special thanks today to Military Style at Cork, who destroyed my three race acca when going off at 4/9F. Great job, you mutt
    I actually watched that race, and I feel your pain, the horse seemed to drop itself out then stay on again. I can't be bothered with horses that think too much, you could end up with a whole field full of Mad Mooses lol. In the 2.05 at Haydock after the first 5 furlongs or so the leader decided to turn and run in the opposite direction back to the stables.

Quote Originally Posted by ekhibee View Post
    I actually watched that race, and I feel your pain, the horse seemed to drop itself out then stay on again. I can't be bothered with horses that think too much, you could end up with a whole field full of Mad Mooses lol. In the 2.05 at Haydock after the first 5 furlongs or so the leader decided to turn and run in the opposite direction back to the stables.

Aye I saw that. The field took the left and hand bend and he just carried straight on, dumping his jockey over the rails

First Team Breakthrough
    Mohaather in the 3-15 Ascot tomorrow is a sure thing, 2-1.

@hibs.net private member Hiber-nation's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibs1972 View Post
    Cheers. I didn't think there was such a thing as a tip any more!

I've backed it too.

@hibs.net private member stantonhibby's Avatar
    Well done!

First Team Breakthrough
    Quote Originally Posted by stantonhibby View Post
    Well done!
    Looked very unlucky at Royal Ascot, looked class today.

Godhead at Newmarket 16.10 was massively overpriced at 28/1. 25 quid each way and gets placed
    Last edited by Hibernia&Alba; 11-07-2020 at 03:21 PM.

Thanks for that 👍

Guys, I know it's been said before, but NEVER, NEVER, cash out. If you lose, please take the hit and move on. Lesson well and truly learned today. £5 five race acca, returning £560. I cashed out for just £50 after three races. Fourth horse won, then Siskin went and won the Irish 2000 Guineas. Over £500 down the cludgie because I bottled it. Feels like I've been mugged on the street.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bangkok Hibby View Post
    NEVER NEVER is too sweeping a statement. Cash out is all about timing, change to going, new information learned after the bet is on...a whole list of possibles. It's a valuable tool which I'll admit the bookies love or they wouldn't offer it but used sensibly it's good for the punter too.
    You are absolutely right, Bangkok. I've just had the racing Gods on my side, after a mixed day - thank-you Godhead:

2 pounds five leg win acca:

Salisbury 19:45 - Award Scheme 9/2 WON
    Newcastle 20:00 - Cosmelli 11/4 WON
    Salisbury 20:15 By Jove 7/4 WON
    Salisbury 20:45 C'est No Mour 7/1 WON
    Newcastle 21:00 Fiji 9/2 PLACED

Potential win 4991:25

Cashed out after race four for 795 when Fiji went JF.

Yaaaas, the Peroni is open
    Last edited by Hibernia&Alba; 11-07-2020 at 08:50 PM.

First Team Breakthrough
    Quote Originally Posted by Hiber-nation View Post
    Thanks for that 👍
    Glad a few people managed to join in, next race should be the Sussex stakes at Goodwood, I’ve already bet him at 4-1, the second fav at moment is Pinatubo but is a doubtful runner,Siskin is 5-4 fav and rightly so but if he was to miss the race then anything about 4-1 is a cracking bet, even if fav turns up he’ll need to be on top form.

Just watched what is usually one of the most prestigous races in the flat racing calendar, The King George. Enable won it easily, but it was a 3 horse race and 1 was a pacemaker. And for all the crowing Dettori was doing after it, we learnt absolutely nothing from it. Just my opinion though.

Quote Originally Posted by ekhibee View Post
    Just watched what is usually one of the most prestigous races in the flat racing calendar, The King George. Enable won it easily, but it was a 3 horse race and 1 was a pacemaker. And for all the crowing Dettori was doing after it, we learnt absolutely nothing from it. Just my opinion though.
    I agree. Though numerous tipsters backed Japan, I thought Enable was free cash in a three horse race and went in large. She did look magnificent and fully race fit. She is now six and Gosden said it took longer than normal to get her fully in gear but that she has now reached her previous level. It really showed as she trotted up. Doubtless this is her final racing season, but she seemed as good as ever in that race.

Some performance again by Stradivarius. Giving 15lbs to the Irish Derby winner and hitting all kinds of traffic and still won going away. The last half furlong was absolutely brilliant from him.

First Team Breakthrough
    The Sussex Stakes looks some race. I'd usually be pretty bullish about Siskin's chances but it's up against some quality horses. Should be an enjoyable watch nonetheless

@hibs.net private member
    Glad a few people managed to join in, next race should be the Sussex stakes at Goodwood, I’ve already bet him at 4-1, the second fav at moment is Pinatubo but is a doubtful runner,Siskin is 5-4 fav and rightly so but if he was to miss the race then anything about 4-1 is a cracking bet, even if fav turns up he’ll need to be on top form.
    Thanks for this.

First Team Breakthrough
    Quote Originally Posted by grunt View Post
    Thanks for this.
    Just checked in to see if anyone joined in today, horse is a serious weapon, price will be gone now though. Hoping he goes to America for breeders cup.

Just checked in to see if anyone joined in today, horse is a serious weapon, price will be gone now though. Hoping he goes to America for breeders cup.
    I backed Kameko.....all ifs and buts with that one!

First Team Breakthrough
    Yeah looks like he was trying to get out last 2 furlongs, gave up last 50 yards, definitely more races to be won with him.

Aye cheers, I hadn't forgotten your last tip so I stuck by him

Thought he was done though but once Crowley eventually got him out wide there was no doubt

He ran a strange race IMO mate, looked to be trapped on the rail, then started eying up Siskin a bit and looked as if he'd chucked it at the end. He should've been a lot closer IMO. Definitely 1 to follow, particularly next season. He actually reminds me of the winner, he was a talented but erratic 3yr old but now looks top class.

First Team Breakthrough
    Quote Originally Posted by Hiber-nation View Post
    Aye cheers, I hadn't forgotten your last tip so I stuck by him

Thought he was done though but once Crowley eventually got him out wide there was no doubt
    Yeah I thought it was Ascot all over again! Was listening to trainer after race and again he mentioned an Oasis Dream 2 year old (Tasfeeq)see if it’s declared today for Saturday, only Sheikh Hamadan horse left in race so probable runner.

Yeah I thought it was Ascot all over again! Was listening to trainer after race and again he mentioned an Oasis Dream 2 year old (Tasfeeq)see if it’s declared today for Saturday, only Sheikh Hamadan horse left in race so probable runner.
    Tasfeeq is entered into the 4.40 at Goodwood on Sat, also has an entry at Sandown on Sun.