hibs.net Messageboard

Page 24 of 39 FirstFirst ... 14222324252634 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibernia&Alba View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Will his horses still be allowed to run at those meetings?
    Again I think one of his assistants will suddenly be installed as head trainer and take out the relevant license if they don't already have it.

A bit like when Henry Cecil died and his wife took out a training license until the end of the season. Same team, same stables, same horses but the name on the forms had changed.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member Hibernia&Alba's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post
    Again I think one of his assistants will suddenly be installed as head trainer and take out the relevant license if they don't already have it.

A bit like when Henry Cecil died and his wife took out a training license until the end of the season. Same team, same stables, same horses but the name on the forms had changed.
    Yes, he's created a real mess. It would be a shame to punish the horses in his yard, but then the issue is how to impose a ban that is meaningful. I was watching a a few races yesterday and there was talk of how devastated Elliott's employees are by the loss of some great horses. Their trust in him must be broken.
    HIBERNIAN FC - ON THE RIGHT SIDE OF HISTORY SINCE 1875

At The Races Cheltenham preview:

@hibs.net private member Hiber-nation's Avatar
    Racing now needs to try to highlight the care these horses get from their dedicated stable staff. Although it'll no doubt be overshadowed by more horses dying at Cheltenham.

First Team Breakthrough
    Quote Originally Posted by HibernianJK View Post
    A horrible affair to be involved with. I have heard from a couple of Irish mates that there was a massive bust up at Elliots yard involving a couple of female employees both apparently seeking Elliots affection. One was Kate Harrington, daughter of Jessica and not too sure who the second woman was. Harrington apparently left with quite bad facial injuries

Purely speculation however one of said women may have leaked this photo to an anonymous twitter account. Don’t hold me as gospel to this however have seen some WhatsApp messages relating to this with a detailed story. Elliot as apparently a pig of a man so it may not all be rubbish.
    I had a feeling that there was a a disgruntled ex employee or something similar behind the story, it seems strange that ithe photo has just only surfaced now when it was taken some time ago
    Last edited by davy67 +; 06-03-2021 at 06:17 AM.

Denise Foster to take over as trainer at Cullentra. To be confirmed over the weekend. BHA confirms horses can't run at Cheltenham or Aintree under Elliots name but if they are switched to another licensed trainer in time they can run. That part will be a formality.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

Denise Foster to take over as trainer at Cullentra. To be confirmed over the weekend. BHA confirms horses can't run at Cheltenham or Aintree under Elliots name but if they are switched to another licensed trainer in time they can run. That part will be a formality.
    From a racing perspective, that's good to know. It would be a travesty if the horses missed out because of him.

When is the deadline for declaring which horses are in which races at Cheltenham?

When is the deadline for declaring which horses are in which races at Cheltenham?
    Think its 48 hours in advance of the race.

Quote Originally Posted by Hiber-nation View Post
    Think its 48 hours in advance of the race.
    Cheers mate. Remember to pile on Envoi Allen (currently around 8/11 but will likely go off 2/5 or shorter) ante-post.

First Team Breakthrough
    Cheers mate. Remember to pile on Envoi Allen (currently around 8/11 but will likely go off 2/5 or shorter) ante-post.
    As I previously mentioned I’ve put up 5 hotpots for next week, truly unoriginal I know, put up 1 in the first on Tuesday at a good price but non runner now!! NRNB so guaranteed something after 1st race. Of all the hotpots I put up I think Concertista at 11-10 is best of the lot, can see her going off nearer 4-6 on the day as next 2 in betting are more likely to run elsewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by Hibs1972 View Post
    As I previously mentioned I’ve put up 5 hotpots for next week, truly unoriginal I know, put up 1 in the first on Tuesday at a good price but non runner now!! NRNB so guaranteed something after 1st race. Of all the hotpots I put up I think Concertista at 11-10 is best of the lot, can see her going off nearer 4-6 on the day as next 2 in betting are more likely to run elsewhere.
    Plenty of cracking races ahead. Concertista certainly has a good chance. The two bankers of the festival for me are Monkfish and Envoi Allen, so I've put a 200 double on them. If that comes in, I will be okay, whatever happens with other bets.

For anyone one interested there is a documentary on the ITV Hub called Being A Jockey following Daryl Jacob for a season. Not watched it yet but I watched a similar show on RTE a few years ago following Ruby Walsh, Davy Russell and Barry Geraghty and it was really interesting.

Energumene out of the Arkle, due to lameness. A real shame for the race, but good for those of us on Shishkin ante-post. He has now shortened to around 1/2.

Plenty of cracking races ahead. Concertista certainly has a good chance. The two bankers of the festival for me are Monkfish and Envoi Allen, so I've put a 200 double on them. If that comes in, I will be okay, whatever happens with other bets.
    Fancy Roksana to give the favourite a really tough go in the Mares.

Royal Pagaille runs in the Gold Cup. Altior out of the Champion Chase.

First Team Breakthrough
    Us and them 4.15 Cheltenham Wednesday, say no more.

Royal Pagaille runs in the Gold Cup. Altior out of the Champion Chase.
    What a shame, after also missing Cheltenham last year. We probably won't see him run there again.

E/W First Flow in the Champion Chase on Wednesday, he's at 12'1 at the moment. I've always liked Bailey's stable when they've got a good horse, so we'll see.

I've got a wedge on Shiskin in the Arkle ante post. Doubt I'll have anything else at the price now.

I might have a nibble on Pym in the Ultima, 11s is a fair price and if he can find his form he's a more than decent horse.

I'm on Honeysuckle ante post in the Champion Hurdle but I think I'll have a small e/w on James Du Berlais at 25s. He was highly rated in France and the owners could have taken other options with him. Willie Hills are paying 5 places so 5/1 he finishes in the top half of the race is worth a small bet imo.

Got Concertista ante post in the Mares as well.

That will be me for day 1. Keep my powder dry for later in the week and hopefully add a bit more to the pot.

Skybet doing money back as cash if your horse loses for the Supreme Novices which has only 8 runners this year! I'm having a wee punt on Ballyadam.

E.w on Glorious Zoff in the 4.15.
    Last edited by Hiber-nation; 15-03-2021 at 09:23 PM.

@hibs.net private member SteveHFC's Avatar
    Like the look of Blue Lord at 11/1.
    Less talk, more gifs. 21.05.16

I have several accas across the four days. Biggest bet is a 200 double on Monkfish and Envoi Allen.

For tomorrow:

1.55 - Shishkin (win); Captain Guinness (each way)

2.30 - Milan Native (each way)

3:40 - Concertista (win)

4:15 - Haux Gris and Sage Advice (both each way)

4:50 - Next Destination (win); Remastered (each way)

£50 treble on Appreciate it, Shishkin and happygolucky paying £536.93

£2 lucky 15 each way on Saint Sam, Goshen, Aye Right and Metier.

£20 reverse forecast on Honeysuckle & Epatante at 3/1
    Last edited by Magpie; 16-03-2021 at 06:56 AM.

Homme public 12/1 in the 4.15. Beat a neck off the favourite in France off even weights, receiving a couple of pound this time around. Won’t be far away I wouldn’t think.

Quote Originally Posted by hibbysam View Post
    Homme public 12/1 in the 4.15. Beat a neck off the favourite in France off even weights, receiving a couple of pound this time around. Won’t be far away I wouldn’t think.
    Thanks for the heads up. Paddy Power paying 6 places on that one so gone £15 each way on it at 14/1.

Wow - Appreciate It by twenty lengths or so against very good horses. Tremendous.

Blue Lord was looking nailed on for second until falling at the last. So unlucky.

Wow - Appreciate It by twenty lengths or so against very good horses. Tremendous.

Blue Lord was looking nailed on for second until falling at the last. So unlucky.
    Brilliant run 👏🏻

Quote Originally Posted by Magpie View Post
    £50 treble on Appreciate it, Shishkin and happygolucky paying £536.93

£2 lucky 15 each way on Saint Sam, Goshen, Aye Right and Metier.

£20 reverse forecast on Honeysuckle & Epatante at 3/1
    Happygolucky for the treble 🤞

Quote Originally Posted by Magpie View Post
    Happygolucky for the treble 🤞
    Gutted!! 😫