hibs.net Messageboard

Page 3 of 38 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Enable wins the Arc very well. Great filly.
    Yep, totally agree. She does everything asked of her, a really really good horse. I can't help thinking that it looked like a handicap to me, Chantilly isn't Longchamp by any stretch of the imagination, and the field contained a lot of really good horses who don't stay a mile and a half, and the course isn't a stayers course either so the likes of Capri was never going to have a chance on a course with all the turns it has. But Dettori rode the horse brilliantly, and I've said for some time that there's virtually nobody in horse racing who knows the sport better than John Gosden.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Enable wins the Arc very well. Great filly.
    Brilliant performance and was my only bet of the day. Gosden also said she could stay in training next year as well. Potential to be one of the best with performances like that and it's nice to see the horse coming from a stable other than Coolmore, although they did have plenty of success yesterday.

One For Arthur to miss the entire NH season with damaged tendons. Aim is to bring him back for 2019.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

I thought some of you might like this photo.

It's Denman (having just had a roll about in the mud) with his part owner Paul Barber. He has been team chasing, showjumping and hunting for a few years post racing but age has started to catch up with him and he's no longer ridden beyond leisurely hacking and is now living back with Paul Nicholls at Ditcheat.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

Best time of the year as the flat winds down and the NH season gets into swing.

Charlie Hall at Wetherby on Saturday with Cue Card, Coneygree, Bristol de Mai, Blacklion and Sizing Codelco amomgst those still entered at this stage.

Left by mutual consent!
    I thought some of you might like this photo.

It's Denman (having just had a roll about in the mud) with his part owner Paul Barber. He has been team chasing, showjumping and hunting for a few years post racing but age has started to catch up with him and he's no longer ridden beyond leisurely hacking and is now living back with Paul Nicholls at Ditcheat.
    Great to see a chasing legend being loved and looked after some six years or so after being retired. Great stuff.

Bristol De Mai wins a thriller. Cue Card fell and Coneygree pulled up, hopefully both now retired. They owe no one anything.

Got a wee each-way treble on the 2nd day of the Breeders Cup, but it's been hard going finding winners, up till World Approval and Gun Runner. Lot of big price winners at Del Mar, and very few horses came from the back, you needed to be up with or near the pace. Arrogate was a big disappointment and hasn't been running nearly as well as he can, but Gun Runner's performance was really good, it's extremely hard to win a race like the Breeders Cup Classic by making all the running and then going on again at the end. Really good performance.

The racing club I'm a member of has just taken a seasons lease on the horse in the pictures. Unraced 6 years old gelding by Kings Theatre (sire of Cue Card, Menorah, The New One) and out of Ring of Water (dam of Minella Forfitness and Minella Theatre). We are quite excited by this one. In training with Paul Henderson

Attachment 18816Attachment 18817
    In follow up to this, horse will make it's debut in the 1.25 at Chepstow tomorrow. 25/1 and likely to need the run but very exciting. Unfortunately I can't make it to Wales but will be an interested spectator from afar.

@hibs.net private member Future17's Avatar
    In follow up to this, horse will make it's debut in the 1.25 at Chepstow tomorrow. 25/1 and likely to need the run but very exciting. Unfortunately I can't make it to Wales but will be an interested spectator from afar.
    Ring Minella I assume?

Quote Originally Posted by Future17 View Post
    Ring Minella I assume?
    That's the one.

@hibs.net private member Future17's Avatar
    That's the one.
    How did it do?

How did it do?
    Unplaced.

fav 1st
    2nd fav 2nd
    3rd fav 3rd

How did it do?
    Was very, very green but ran well enough considering before falling at the last. Thankfully he was on his feet quickly and was walked in by Paddy Brennan, who was also fine. Trainer has said no obvious issues and horse is in good spirits so hopefully he comes on for the run.

Was a nerve wracking couple of minutes from seeing the fall on TV to hearing he was up and fine.

Quote Originally Posted by HUTCHYHIBBY View Post
    Unplaced.

fav 1st
    2nd fav 2nd
    3rd fav 3rd
    If results always went like that this game would be easy :)

Glad to hear the horse is fine.

Was very, very green but ran well enough considering before falling at the last. Thankfully he was on his feet quickly and was walked in by Paddy Brennan, who was also fine. Trainer has said no obvious issues and horse is in good spirits so hopefully he comes on for the run.

Was a nerve wracking couple of minutes from seeing the fall on TV to hearing he was up and fine.
    Great news that he's okay first and foremost, and let's hope he learns from this and goes on to have a successful career. Early days yet of course, you'll probably have to be patient with him.

Faugheen back with a bang. 16 length win from Jezki at Punchestown, very good performance considering he has been off the track for almost 2 years.

Bristol De Mai absolutely destroys the field in the Betfair. Unofficial winning margin is being quoted as 57 lengths!

I've said it before but it's about time connections done the right thing by Cue Card and let him enjoy the rest of his life. He looked like he hated every step there.

Left by mutual consent!
    Bristol De Mai absolutely destroys the field in the Betfair. Unofficial winning margin is being quoted as 57 lengths!

I've said it before but it's about time connections done the right thing by Cue Card and let him enjoy the rest of his life. He looked like he hated every step there.
    Bristol De Mai ran superlatively. Won at a canter and still looked fresh going past the winning post. 11/10 was a huge price considering the way the race went. Top notch was also a very classy winner today.

Quote Originally Posted by lgnsh70 View Post
    Bristol De Mai ran superlatively. Won at a canter and still looked fresh going past the winning post. 11/10 was a huge price considering the way the race went. Top notch was also a very classy winner today.
    I got 7/4 in the morning which was essentially stealing money from the bookies.

Was a very good performance but I see he has been given a RPR of 185. That's only 5 short of Sprinter Sacre and Kauto Star who had both won multiple grade 1s by the time they earned that. Obviously it isn't an official mark but whoever does the ratings for the Post has got a little carried away imo.

It's set things up for an interesting season. BDM now has to prove he isn't just a mudlark and/or flat track bully. He definitely looks a bigger and more imposing horse this season but there are some big hitters still to play their hand. On good ground at Kempton and Cheltenham with a horse like Native River making him work for the lead and quality like Might Bite, Thistlecrack and Sizing John sitting poised I can see him having to improve a fair bit again. In saying that at only 6 he may well have the improvement in him.

Left by mutual consent!
    I got 7/4 in the morning which was essentially stealing money from the bookies.

Was a very good performance but I see he has been given a RPR of 185. That's only 5 short of Sprinter Sacre and Kauto Star who had both won multiple grade 1s by the time they earned that. Obviously it isn't an official mark but whoever does the ratings for the Post has got a little carried away imo.

It's set things up for an interesting season. BDM now has to prove he isn't just a mudlark and/or flat track bully. He definitely looks a bigger and more imposing horse this season but there are some big hitters still to play their hand. On good ground at Kempton and Cheltenham with a horse like Native River making him work for the lead and quality like Might Bite, Thistlecrack and Sizing John sitting poised I can see him having to improve a fair bit again. In saying that at only 6 he may well have the improvement in him.
    Great points. It'll be fantastic to watch the next time BDM lines up against the likes of Sizing John and Native River etc which should prove a much sterner stiffer test. Cue Card has had a brilliant career but now finds it hard going coming up against up and coming rivals.

7/4 was like finding a genuine money tree the way the race panned out, brilliant!

Our horse runs again tomorrow at Lingfield.

Odds of 40/1 are a pretty accurate reflection of the chances tbh. Longer term he needs further and 2 miles is really just about getting some racecourse experience and fitness. The aim is really just to make sure he gets round safely this time. In saying that trainer is in good form the last week or so and has had a couple of winners and a few big priced places so he isn’t ruling out a decent run. Ring came out of the last race well in spite of the fall and was full of himself in the paddock the next day, he’s also been schooling well so he seems happy and keen to go again.

Left by mutual consent!
    The King George VI looks like being a superb race this year with Bristol De Mai, Sizing John, Thistlecrack, Mightbite, Fox Norton, Douvan all taking part. Bristol De Mai ran as if it could be well worth a fair sized punt at around 5/1 ante post after leaving Cue Card trailing a long long way behind. We'll get to see the return of Thistlecrack on Friday in the Long Distance Hurdle and should give punters pointers to how the horse is shaping up. Douvan and Fox Norton take each other on prior to the King George in the Tingle Creek 9th December with the Bechers Chase held the same day with the likes of Blaklion, Vieux Lion Rouge and Gas Line Boy etc taking part which should also be a very good race. Also looking forward to the Ladbrokes Trophy on Saturday with a horse taking part that's won a bit of money for me in the past Singlefarmpayment. Some extremely good races to come in December with Boxing Day always a highlight in the racing calendar.

Our horse runs again tomorrow at Lingfield.

Odds of 40/1 are a pretty accurate reflection of the chances tbh. Longer term he needs further and 2 miles is really just about getting some racecourse experience and fitness. The aim is really just to make sure he gets round safely this time. In saying that trainer is in good form the last week or so and has had a couple of winners and a few big priced places so he isn’t ruling out a decent run. Ring came out of the last race well in spite of the fall and was full of himself in the paddock the next day, he’s also been schooling well so he seems happy and keen to go again.
    I missed it. How did he get on?

Quote Originally Posted by Wilson View Post
    I missed it. How did he get on?
    Was 10th of 15 finishers. As was thought 2 miles is far too sharp but the aim was to complete and that was achieved so everyone is happy.

Was 10th of 15 finishers. As was thought 2 miles is far too sharp but the aim was to complete and that was achieved so everyone is happy.
    Nice one.

Left by mutual consent!
    Thistlecrack ran well considering the relatively long lay off. Became very tired towards 3 or 4 out and was beaten a fair margin by outsider Beer Goggles. UknowwhatImeanharry was beaten into second around 3 lengths or a bit more. There were some commentators and bookmakers who've lengthened the odds now dismissing Thistecrack's chances in the King George but I wouldn't necessarily be so quick to do so. Obviously needed the run out and may well come back in much better form for the run out. In saying that if the ground is soft or heavy going I'd have to put my hat on Bristol De Mai who ran superlatively in the race on Saturday when leaving Cue Card a long way behind however I'm sure Mightbite and Sizing John will have something to say about that. We'll get a look at Douvan and Fox Norton in their upcoming race on 9th December. Really glad I didn't put any money on the race today as it went to the 40/1 outsider Beer Goggles.

Quote Originally Posted by lgnsh70 View Post
    Thistlecrack ran well considering the relatively long lay off. Became very tired towards 3 or 4 out and was beaten a fair margin by outsider Beer Goggles. UknowwhatImeanharry was beaten into second around 3 lengths or a bit more. There were some commentators and bookmakers who've lengthened the odds now dismissing Thistecrack's chances in the King George but I wouldn't necessarily be so quick to do so. Obviously needed the run out and may well come back in much better form for the run out. In saying that if the ground is soft or heavy going I'd have to put my hat on Bristol De Mai who ran superlatively in the race on Saturday when leaving Cue Card a long way behind however I'm sure Mightbite and Sizing John will have something to say about that. We'll get a look at Douvan and Fox Norton in their upcoming race on 9th December. Really glad I didn't put any money on the race today as it went to the 40/1 outsider Beer Goggles.
    Yeh, some good points there. I wouldn't be too disappointed in Thistlecrack, first time back for ages and first time over hurdles probably since he won at the Cheltenham Festival a couple of seasons ago (unless he ran at Aintree after the festival). I would be more concerned with UknowwhatImeanHarry, he was race fit and beaten fair and square, although conceding 6 lbs.

I thought Thistlecrack ran relatively well for a long way. It was obvious Tom Scudamore just looked after him after 3 out when it became obvious he wasn’t going to win, although he did let him have a bit of a race with Wholestone after the last. The stayers division is wide open this year, Uknowwhatimeanharry was the best of an average bunch last year so it’s hard to read the depth of that race today.

It will be interesting to see how Thistlecrack comes on from this. For all the Tizzard team have played down his injury a tendon problem is never straightforward for a thouroughbred and can often be a career ender. He was being spoken about as ‘unbeatable’ before he was outfought and outstayed by Many Clouds last season and he now has an injury and a deeper chasing division than the one he left to deal with. If nothing else it confirms that no matter how good the horse it takes a bit of luck and careful handling to keep coming back and winning season after season.

Left by mutual consent!
    I thought Thistlecrack ran relatively well for a long way. It was obvious Tom Scudamore just looked after him after 3 out when it became obvious he wasn’t going to win, although he did let him have a bit of a race with Wholestone after the last. The stayers division is wide open this year, Uknowwhatimeanharry was the best of an average bunch last year so it’s hard to read the depth of that race today.

It will be interesting to see how Thistlecrack comes on from this. For all the Tizzard team have played down his injury a tendon problem is never straightforward for a thouroughbred and can often be a career ender. He was being spoken about as ‘unbeatable’ before he was outfought and outstayed by Many Clouds last season and he now has an injury and a deeper chasing division than the one he left to deal with. If nothing else it confirms that no matter how good the horse it takes a bit of luck and careful handling to keep coming back and winning season after season.
    Definitely needed the run out after the injury and layoff. Ran well up to two miles and more out. It must have been expected he'd tire and the price should really have reflected that rather than how he was prior to injury and layoff. Could come back very well on the 26th or not but it could go either way to be fair. Lots of ifs and maybes.