hibs.net Messageboard

Page 17 of 38 FirstFirst ... 7151617181927 ... LastLast
    Any tips today guys..

2. Log in to remove the advert

Left by mutual consent!
    Wasn't going to have a bet this year but after seeing the horse named 'Relegate' running in the 2.10 I'm having a tenner on it.

Left by mutual consent!
    Had the cheeky wee punt on relegate not 'expecting' to win. However the jockey made sure the horse never got into the race keeping it a long way back second last virtually the whole distance only to make it look a bit better by coming with a wet sail but still finished a distant fourth. A total non trier. Ah well you take your chances and it wasn't to be but the jockey made absolutely sure of that though. Dearie me, no wonder I don't bet very often.
    Last edited by Frankhfc; 12-03-2020 at 02:26 PM.

@hibs.net private member lord bunberry's Avatar
    I have to say it’s noticeabley quieter down here. When the first race went off I was looking around and thinking where is everyone. The pubs in town still appear to be busy though.

United we stand here....

Grand National cancelled.

Pretty gutted since my brother and I were taking my dad down for his 60th birthday but I was expecting this.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir David Gray View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Grand National cancelled.

Pretty gutted since my brother and I were taking my dad down for his 60th birthday but I was expecting this.
    Sorry to hear that you won't be able to take your dad down. Also feel for the local economy of the Merseyside area as it probably pours in a huge amount of money into the local area over the period of the Grand National Aintree meeting. Hoteliers, local businesses, coach companies etc etc will take a huge hit. Dearie me.

How many bookies were operating at Kelso today?
    Didn't see anything about on course market and was wondering how an SP can be declared?

Quote Originally Posted by Frankhfc View Post
    Sorry to hear that you won't be able to take your dad down. Also feel for the local economy of the Merseyside area as it probably pours in a huge amount of money into the local area over the period of the Grand National Aintree meeting. Hoteliers, local businesses, coach companies etc etc will take a huge hit. Dearie me.
    Yep I've just cancelled a 2 night stay at a local Premier Inn costing over £500. Multiple that by thousands of times and that's an awful lot of money lost.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir David Gray View Post
    Yep I've just cancelled a 2 night stay at a local Premier Inn costing over £500. Multiple that by thousands of times and that's an awful lot of money lost.
    Extremely sad state of affairs mate, Who knows what the future holds. We can only hope someone finds a cure to this virus or worst fears aren't realised.

Virtual Grand National Field

I'll let you guys make up your own minds, in more ways than one!
    Last edited by HUTCHYHIBBY; 03-04-2020 at 05:49 AM.

The virtual race has been remarkably accurate the last 3 or 4 years.

In my house we'll all probably have a couple of pound each on it and watch it for a bit of fun. The money is for charity. The cynic in me would suggest the bonus for the bookies is getting a whole new batch of people signed up to their online platforms.....

Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post
    The virtual race has been remarkably accurate the last 3 or 4 years.

In my house we'll all probably have a couple of pound each on it and watch it for a bit of fun. The money is for charity. The cynic in me would suggest the bonus for the bookies is getting a whole new batch of people signed up to their online platforms.....

Aye, it should probably be viewed as a piece of much needed light relief.

@hibs.net private member stantonhibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by HUTCHYHIBBY View Post
    Virtual Grand National Field

I'll let you guys make up your own minds, in more ways than one!
    I would say it was very realistic as I won hee haw as per!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dpIzPuiDN60

Just look at him go. Peter Bromley's commentary is great!

Discussions and plans being drawn up for behind closed doors racing to start in May. Fields restricted to 12 runners and senior (experienced) jockeys only involved. BHA drawing up a revised fixture list.

Quote Originally Posted by Hibby Bairn View Post
    Discussions and plans being drawn up for behind closed doors racing to start in May. Fields restricted to 12 runners and senior (experienced) jockeys only involved. BHA drawing up a revised fixture list.
    I think there is an inevitability that some racing will resume. The money involved in getting the Classics run will ensure it happens.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

French racing starts again on Monday

Left by mutual consent!
    Racing in Ireland to resume from June 8th

Irish Guineas to be run on the 12th and 13th June.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

@hibs.net private member Hiber-nation's Avatar
    British racing starting back on Monday with a 10 race card from Newcastle. Great news.

First Team Breakthrough
    Well let’s hope so as 48 hours away and still no official confirmation, back to national hunt, on a previous post I mentioned that I had done a load of free bets on Envoi Allen to win at this years festival which it did and I’ve started betting him again for next year, in my opinion he only has 2 possible entries which are the Arkle(14-1)and the RSA(7-1), he’s a shorter price for the Marsh(7-2)as that’s the distance he won over this year but I think the owners will go for 1 of the more famous races for sure, good luck if anyone fancies a very long term investment.

Quote Originally Posted by Hibs1972 View Post
    Well let’s hope so as 48 hours away and still no official confirmation, back to national hunt, on a previous post I mentioned that I had done a load of free bets on Envoi Allen to win at this years festival which it did and I’ve started betting him again for next year, in my opinion he only has 2 possible entries which are the Arkle(14-1)and the RSA(7-1), he’s a shorter price for the Marsh(7-2)as that’s the distance he won over this year but I think the owners will go for 1 of the more famous races for sure, good luck if anyone fancies a very long term investment.
    Chasing seems like it will be the game but I actually think it would be superb over 3m over hurdles

Think I will be all over the favourites in the Guineas next weekend. Can’t wait to see Pinatubo again.

Looking forward to seeing Ghaiyyath running tomorrow and Pinatubo on Saturday (12lbs clear on the ratings), won't be getting involved financially for a month or two (although might have a small investment on the 1k Guineas fav), although laying the favourites on Betfair this week would've been just as successful as laying the favourites when the French racing came back.
    Last edited by HUTCHYHIBBY; 04-06-2020 at 10:28 PM.

Thoroughly professional performance by Ghaiyyath.

I can't see past Pinatubo today but it wouldn't shock me at all to see one of the bigger priced O'brien runners go close. He always has one that sneaks under the radar as a 2 year old and explodes at 3.

Great ride by Murphy to win that, help on to the horse well when he was trying to drift right. Pinatubo looked a bit flat, think he got involved in a race too soon. Hard to make any assessment on whether he has trained on well or not, he was a close 3rd behind a couple of good horses.

Disappointing run by the fav considering the form of Godolphin horses over the last couple of days.

Great ride by Murphy to win that, help on to the horse well when he was trying to drift right. Pinatubo looked a bit flat, think he got involved in a race too soon. Hard to make any assessment on whether he has trained on well or not, he was a close 3rd behind a couple of good horses.
    It's going to be a strange old season, try to keep the powder dry! 👍

Didn't look as if he stayed, Wichita certainly seemed to outstay him, and the winner came from behind both of them. Not writing off Pinatubo just yet but that was probably his best chance of winning one of the British classics, I'd be amazed if they run him in the Derby. Possibly the Eclipse, but there must be a doubt now about whether he'll stay a mile and a quarter. I don't know if Royal Ascot's taking place this year but that might be the kind of track that suits Pinatubo. Just my opinion though.