hibs.net Messageboard

Page 33 of 39 FirstFirst ... 233132333435 ... LastLast
    @hibs.net private member stantonhibby's Avatar
    Robbie Dunne found guilty and banned for 18 mths!

2. Log in to remove the advert

Easy 28/1 winner of the King George, the only threat seeemed to be his stablemate who unseated at the last.

Quote Originally Posted by ekhibee View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Easy 28/1 winner of the King George, the only threat seeemed to be his stablemate who unseated at the last.
    I had a punt on Asterion Forlonge but I always suspected staying on his feet would be the problem. Horse has bags of talent but is an absolute psychopath in the air and isn't learning at all. Same issue in the John Durkan a few weeks back, was going better than anything in the race, awful error 3 out and unseated. He's lucky to walk way from a fall like yesterday unscathed.

I'm far from convinced he was getting past the winner anyway. I'll be keeping an eye on Clan Des Obeaux again late this season, he'll pick up some nice races in the spring.

Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post
    I had a punt on Asterion Forlonge but I always suspected staying on his feet would be the problem. Horse has bags of talent but is an absolute psychopath in the air and isn't learning at all. Same issue in the John Durkan a few weeks back, was going better than anything in the race, awful error 3 out and unseated. He's lucky to walk way from a fall like yesterday unscathed.

I'm far from convinced he was getting past the winner anyway. I'll be keeping an eye on Clan Des Obeaux again late this season, he'll pick up some nice races in the spring.
    I backed CDO yesterday, can't decide if it was lack of a run or the going went against him, thought I was on the winner half way round the home turn.

Thanks for letting us know, I was on Asterion Forlonges in that other race, and thought surely to God he'd learned from that so stuck a cautionery £25 on him in the King George. He might not have learned from it but I'm bloody sure I have!

First Team Breakthrough
    Only 10 weeks to the Cheltenham festival, I’ll be there hopefully this year, as long as Omicron doesn’t bugger things up! I was trying to find a couple that could look value for money come the day and the first one is Concertista in the mares hurdle on the Tuesday, she’s been running over fences this season but when interviewed in RTV last week Willie Mullins hinted that he thought the mares chase at the festival might be a year too soon and could go to the mares hurdle instead, now at 10-1 that could look cracking value come the day. Second one I looked at was Icare Allen in the triumph on the Friday, JP has a good recent record in this race and Icare Allen did well to win 1st time up as got sandwiched at 1st hurdle then had to switch and made up good ground down far side. Only a juvenile hurdle but I was impressed the way he won in the end. 14-1 at the moment. Anyone got anything else lurking under the radar?

@hibs.net private member Hiber-nation's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibs1972 View Post
    Only 10 weeks to the Cheltenham festival, I’ll be there hopefully this year, as long as Omicron doesn’t bugger things up! I was trying to find a couple that could look value for money come the day and the first one is Concertista in the mares hurdle on the Tuesday, she’s been running over fences this season but when interviewed in RTV last week Willie Mullins hinted that he thought the mares chase at the festival might be a year too soon and could go to the mares hurdle instead, now at 10-1 that could look cracking value come the day. Second one I looked at was Icare Allen in the triumph on the Friday, JP has a good recent record in this race and Icare Allen did well to win 1st time up as got sandwiched at 1st hurdle then had to switch and made up good ground down far side. Only a juvenile hurdle but I was impressed the way he won in the end. 14-1 at the moment. Anyone got anything else lurking under the radar?
    No but as usual thanks for the heads up

NH Racing is a tough sport and sometimes the unfortunate happens, this is a quite moving tribute to Master Tommytucker who died after racing yesterday.

https://www.racingpost.com/news/late...ytucker/533861

@hibs.net private member stantonhibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by HUTCHYHIBBY View Post
    NH Racing is a tough sport and sometimes the unfortunate happens, this is a quite moving tribute to Master Tommytucker who died after racing yesterday.

https://www.racingpost.com/news/late...ytucker/533861
    I watched the race.....horrible to see.

I know we all like to look for some value for money at Cheltenham, but the Champion Hurdle looks done and dusted already, Honeysuckle looks pretty unbeatable and trading at 4/7 and 1/2.

I was at Musselburgh today and watched Honeysuckle in the betting shop. There was a proper gasp when she eased away on the home turn.

It's going to take a mishap or something very, very special to stop her at Cheltenham.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

What a mess Oisin Mutphy has ended up in. Hope he can come back strong from this

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/horse-racing/60483237

@hibs.net private member Hibernia&Alba's Avatar
    RIP Lester. The greatest.
    HIBERNIAN FC - ON THE RIGHT SIDE OF HISTORY SINCE 1875

Lingfield meet abandoned after just one race today. This is the third or fourth abandonment in a week, and I assume it's the same problem of horses slipping on wet turf.

Racing has resumed at Lingfield, following a break. Must be deemed raceable.

That was a thrilling Oaks. Poor Emily Upjohn beaten by Tuesday by a nose. The favourite had a terrible start then had to go wide into the straight, but it still looked like she would get up. Beaten on the nod. Great race.

That was a top class horse we just witnessed winning The Derby there, put the race to bed in a matter of strides.

At £15K a pop Nathaniel seems remarkably good value as a sire.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

The French derby winner was also very impressive and won by 5 or 6 lengths easily, even though he's been put in at 7's for the Arc the trainer says he's not going to run him in that, he'll stick to top mile and a quarter races like the Champion Stakes. Just a heads up, while people can still get a decent price about him.

Melon and Al Boum Photo both retired by Willie Mullins. Off eventing in retirement.

Paul Hanagan with one of the most blatant examples of dangerous riding you'll see in winning the Norfolk Stakes on The Ridler. Didn't change his whip hand when the horse veered sharply to the left and impeded 3 other horses. My horse Brave Nation suffered the worst but Hanagan kept the race as basically no-one knows who would have won it. He'll probably get away with a 5 day ban, scandalous really.

Quote Originally Posted by Hiber-nation View Post
    Paul Hanagan with one of the most blatant examples of dangerous riding you'll see in winning the Norfolk Stakes on The Ridler. Didn't change his whip hand when the horse veered sharply to the left and impeded 3 other horses. My horse Brave Nation suffered the worst but Hanagan kept the race as basically no-one knows who would have won it. He'll probably get away with a 5 day ban, scandalous really.

I was watching on my phone at work and didn't realise how bad it actually was. Young horses are always going to run a bit green in a race like that so it's not totally unexpected. The jockey has a responsibility to at least try to correct it though.

I was on Thunder Moor who wasn't really impacted at all and was never competitive so not talking through my wallet either.

Ryan Moore wasn't much better in the Gold Cup. Cut Princess Zoe up good and proper about a furlong out.

Ryan Moore wasn't much better in the Gold Cup. Cut Princess Zoe up good and proper about a furlong out.
    Will we see the great Stradivarius again? What a horse he has been, but Father Time catches up with even the very best.

Quote Originally Posted by Hibernia&Alba View Post
    Will we see the great Stradivarius again? What a horse he has been, but Father Time catches up with even the very best.
    I think a national hunt stud career beckons.

If that isn't interference, what is? He's cut across the entire field

and at 50/1!

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    I was watching on my phone at work and didn't realise how bad it actually was. Young horses are always going to run a bit green in a race like that so it's not totally unexpected. The jockey has a responsibility to at least try to correct it though.

I was on Thunder Moor who wasn't really impacted at all and was never competitive so not talking through my wallet either.
    Was the interference that bad think the winner would have won anyway?

10 day ban for Hanagan. He thinks it's harsh....gimme a break. I was raging after that race and not just because my selection was in with a chance then severely hampered - it was seeing Hanagan laughing after the race when his actions could have caused James Doyle a severe injury.

10 day ban for Hanagan. He thinks it's harsh....gimme a break. I was raging after that race and not just because my selection was in with a chance then severely hampered - it was seeing Hanagan laughing after the race when his actions could have caused James Doyle a severe injury.
    So he's banned for ten days, but the result stands and the bookies are all smiles.

@hibs.net private member I'm_cabbaged's Avatar
    Aye, I was screaming at the tv. Not going to say it was a winner, but I had a decent e/w on it.