hibs.net Messageboard

Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 9171819
    @hibs.net private member Hibernia&Alba's Avatar
    What's this racing they have in France, where the jockey is in a buggy/pram wheels? It's bonkers
    HIBERNIAN FC - ON THE RIGHT SIDE OF HISTORY SINCE 1875

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by Hibernia&Alba View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I was on Love, and she was superb. Glad I didn't get involved in The Derby; it was wide open and turned out very like last year's Irish Derby, in that a big priced horse was given a big lead and just kept going. Serpentine was a unique winner, doing it in such a facile way, devoid of any rival. Very strange race.

Whilst I'm unsure if Enable is a gimme tomorrow, I'm definitely going to back her.
    Now tomorrow's Eclipse is a proper Group 1 line up. Really strong field.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

What's this racing they have in France, where the jockey is in a buggy/pram wheels? It's bonkers
    Harness racing?

They used to have meetings at Musselburgh but not sure if they still do. I don't really understand it, think they have to maintain a certain stride among other things.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post
    Harness racing?

They used to have meetings at Musselburgh but not sure if they still do. I don't really understand it, think they have to maintain a certain stride among other things.
    Aye, really weird. Jockeys being pulled along on a bogey

If it's like the races they have at a certain time of the year in Musselburgh, it's trotting. There's very strict rules in the racing, it seems to be quite popular in the Netherlands and other countries. When you look at the form for these trotting races, quite often it'll read 111DD1DD1, because it's really easy to be disqualified for breaking out of a trot. In Musselburgh it used to be travelling people that were well into it, they used to set aside a week or two for them each year, not sure if they still do though.

The Eclipse tomorrow, Enable to win comfortably. Japan was a disappointing beaten favourite last time but if he regains some kind of form would at least chase Enable up, the others look like milers or just not good enough but it's not a race I would really want to bet on unless I had a large amount of dosh and as I have just bought a new car I'm skint.

I always bet on sentiment, hence I went with Enable, though I was by no means certain she would beat a fully match fit Ghaiyyath in her first race of the year. I even backed Stradivarius to beat him over a mile and a half a few weeks back, purely on sentiment.

Oh, and I just want to give a special thanks today to Military Style at Cork, who destroyed my three race acca when going off at 4/9F. Great job, you mutt

I always bet on sentiment, hence I went with Enable, though I was by no means certain she would beat a fully match fit Ghaiyyath in her first race of the year. I even backed Stradivarius to beat him over a mile and a half a few weeks back, purely on sentiment.

Oh, and I just want to give a special thanks today to Military Style at Cork, who destroyed my three race acca when going off at 4/9F. Great job, you mutt
    I actually watched that race, and I feel your pain, the horse seemed to drop itself out then stay on again. I can't be bothered with horses that think too much, you could end up with a whole field full of Mad Mooses lol. In the 2.05 at Haydock after the first 5 furlongs or so the leader decided to turn and run in the opposite direction back to the stables.

Quote Originally Posted by ekhibee View Post
    I actually watched that race, and I feel your pain, the horse seemed to drop itself out then stay on again. I can't be bothered with horses that think too much, you could end up with a whole field full of Mad Mooses lol. In the 2.05 at Haydock after the first 5 furlongs or so the leader decided to turn and run in the opposite direction back to the stables.

Aye I saw that. The field took the left and hand bend and he just carried straight on, dumping his jockey over the rails