hibs.net Messageboard

Page 20 of 38 FirstFirst ... 10181920212230 ... LastLast
    First Team Breakthrough
    Quote Originally Posted by stantonhibby View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Tasfeeq is entered into the 4.40 at Goodwood on Sat, also has an entry at Sandown on Sun.
    Think this might be a good one, not like the trainer to say too much about 2 year olds, just have to wait and see price, not one for betting 2 year olds so maybe just watch if price is a bit short.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member Hibernia&Alba's Avatar
    If any of you have a Paddy Account you can claim a £5 free bet on the 14:25 at Goodwood tomorrow (01/08).
    HIBERNIAN FC - ON THE RIGHT SIDE OF HISTORY SINCE 1875

First Team Breakthrough
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibs1972 View Post
    Think this might be a good one, not like the trainer to say too much about 2 year olds, just have to wait and see price, not one for betting 2 year olds so maybe just watch if price is a bit short.
    Tasfeeq a 9-2 chance today, maybe worth a wee fiver, as I said the trainer is not 1 to hype up his 2 year olds so the fact he’s mentioned it a couple of times must be a positive, good luck!

I missed out on a very nice pay out today in the 15:35 at Goodwood. Paddy Power were paying 6 places in a big field sprint. I decided against bothering in the end, as it's always carnage in those type of races, but had picked Summerghand at 22/1 and Brian The Snail at 66/1, both each way. Wouldn't you just know that Summgerghand won and Brian came third.

First Team Breakthrough
    Unique race at Newmarket, greys only in the 3.15, Ugo Gregory only carrying 8-2 after an unlucky run at York last time, about 8-1, good luck!!

@hibs.net private member Hiber-nation's Avatar
    Unique race at Newmarket, greys only in the 3.15, Ugo Gregory only carrying 8-2 after an unlucky run at York last time, about 8-1, good luck!!
    Cheers, worth a couple of quid!

There was a 100/1 winner at Windsor today. Nothing compared to Leopardstown a few days ago. Big Jerry sounds like he had a chunk on the favourite, pipped on the line

Ghaiyyath is going to be mighty hard to beat in the Arc, let’s hope Love and Enable both turn up fully tuned up should be a blinding race.

Quote Originally Posted by HibernianJK View Post
    Ghaiyyath is going to be mighty hard to beat in the Arc, let’s hope Love and Enable both turn up fully tuned up should be a blinding race.
    And Stradivarius; what a line up. The trip will be too short for him, sadly, but great to see him there.

Quote Originally Posted by Hibernia&Alba View Post
    And Stradivarius; what a line up. The trip will be too short for him, sadly, but great to see him there.
    Yeh, agree, brilliant horse over longer distances but can't see him figuring over a mile and a half. Just personally for me it would be Love at this stage, and I'd take the 3/1 if I could get it. For me she's got the best form over the distance this season, and on varying ground. Ghaiyath's looked almost unbeatable over a mile and a quarter, and he does stay a mile and a half, but the Eclipse this year wasn't open to 3 year olds for some reason so he was only racing against older horses. I would fancy Enable to get revenge over a mile and a half. looks like it's going to be an incredible race. Would love to see Piledriver run well, it would be a great story, but this race looks really hot.

Fantastic to see Hollie Doyle ride 5 winners at Windsor today 👍

Quote Originally Posted by Hiber-nation View Post
    Yeh, great wee jockey. That last one was on a horse I've backed before, it is a 'bit of a character' if you know what I mean, she did really well to get it home in front.

First Team Breakthrough
    Had a look at her rides on Friday night so decided to do a lucky 31(not a bet I ever do)done her 1st 5 so got 4 winners and £592 back!! Nearly done her again today but just left it, had 3 winners and 1 just beat by a nose, cracking jockey.

Had a look at her rides on Friday night so decided to do a lucky 31(not a bet I ever do)done her 1st 5 so got 4 winners and £592 back!! Nearly done her again today but just left it, had 3 winners and 1 just beat by a nose, cracking jockey.
    Well done

Well I couldn't see Ghaiyyath getting beaten today but he was, fair and square too. Good race too. Congrats anybody who had the 9/2 on Magical.

Quote Originally Posted by ekhibee View Post
    Well I couldn't see Ghaiyyath getting beaten today but he was, fair and square too. Good race too. Congrats anybody who had the 9/2 on Magical.
    Wouldn't you know I went with Ghaiyyath too. Magical is a great horse; never hides and always battles. I should have covered myself with a wee bet on her. Hindsight is wonderful

15:45 at Thirsk today, Lady G currently hovering between 1/33 and 1/50. I've never seen a price like that

15:45 at Thirsk today, Lady G currently hovering between 1/33 and 1/50. I've never seen a price like that
    She went off at 1/28 and won easily

Sad news that Pat Smullen has passed away.

He was a fantastic jockey and by all accounts a very decent man as well.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post
    Sad news that Pat Smullen has passed away.

He was a fantastic jockey and by all accounts a very decent man as well.
    Very sad news. Watching an emotional tribute to him on Sky Sports Racing just now.

@hibs.net private member stantonhibby's Avatar
    Very sad news. Watching an emotional tribute to him on Sky Sports Racing just now.
    Nice tribute to him there on ITV Racing

I hit the post last night. Eight horse £1.50 acca on American racing for a bit of fun. Return £1360

First six won; offered £95 to cash out. Let it run
    Horse seven only third
    Horse eight won.

Seven wins and third and not a bean to show for it.

First Team Breakthrough
    I listen to the “final furlong” podcast on Spotify and tuned in last Friday to specifically hear Rory Delargys tip for the Cambridgeshire, Majestic Dawn at 40-1,was his tip. Anyway when I went to put bet on it was 22-1, I just decided to give it a miss. I’m sure I don’t have to tell you what happened next!!!

Love is out of the Arc, looks easy peasy for Enable. Can't see any of that lot troubling her. It's a shame, a month ago it was shaping up to be one of the best Arcs ever, now it's exactly the opposite. Anybody who took the early bird price on her is laughing all the way to the bank.

Love is out of the Arc, looks easy peasy for Enable. Can't see any of that lot troubling her. It's a shame, a month ago it was shaping up to be one of the best Arcs ever, now it's exactly the opposite. Anybody who took the early bird price on her is laughing all the way to the bank.
    That is a real shame. Which other horses are also out?

That is a real shame. Which other horses are also out?
    Well Ghaiyath was pulled about a month ago after he was beaten in Ireland. Waldgeist, who won the race last year, has been retired. Before Love was pulled I was looking at Mogul each way at 11's, but he'll probably be shorter now and for me isn't a value bet anymore, but I might be wrong. The very fact that Stradivarius is now 2nd fav probably sums up the chances of the other horses. Stradivarius, is in a league of his own over 2 miles/2 miles 5, but he's been beaten regularly whenever he's raced over a mile and a half. He's probably shorter now because some people will think the grounds a leveller, but Stradivarius doesn't like soft ground either and in any case he'd have to improve by a hell of a lot to win an Arc. He was also beaten in the last Arc trial. Might be worth looking for some value in one of the outsiders each way, you never know.

Well Ghaiyath was pulled about a month ago after he was beaten in Ireland. Waldgeist, who won the race last year, has been retired. Before Love was pulled I was looking at Mogul each way at 11's, but he'll probably be shorter now and for me isn't a value bet anymore, but I might be wrong. The very fact that Stradivarius is now 2nd fav probably sums up the chances of the other horses. Stradivarius, is in a league of his own over 2 miles/2 miles 5, but he's been beaten regularly whenever he's raced over a mile and a half. He's probably shorter now because some people will think the grounds a leveller, but Stradivarius doesn't like soft ground either and in any case he'd have to improve by a hell of a lot to win an Arc. He was also beaten in the last Arc trial. Might be worth looking for some value in one of the outsiders each way, you never know.
    I was going to back Love and Enable. Looks like it's Enable's to lose now.

Disappointing as I was looking forward to Enable really earning this one. A couple of months ago it looked like it could be a race for the ages with Love, Enable, Ghaiyyath the 3 main challengers with a load of others involved. It’s a bit of a damp squib and I really hope Enable doesn’t lose now.

One the bright side, it makes picking the winner much easier. Before I put the hoose on her, is there any realistic threat to Enable? Stradivarius can't give her a race over a mile and a half.

One the bright side, it makes picking the winner much easier. Before I put the hoose on her, is there any realistic threat to Enable? Stradivarius can't give her a race over a mile and a half.
    Well it's difficult to see how any of that lot are going to challenge her in all honesty, I used to think Sotsass was good but his form this year has been pretty patchy, I was watching a video on youtube last week with 2 betting professionals who both fancied Enable, but one of them said he would definitely be lumping a bit each way on Japan, who was 33/1 at the time, not sure what price he is now. On his day he's a good horse, so might be worth an each way punt. It's going to be heavy ground, so any horse that's run well on that type of ground has a decent chance of finishing in a place I suppose.