hibs.net Messageboard

Page 93 of 98 FirstFirst ... 43839192939495 ... LastLast
Results 2,761 to 2,790 of 2933

Thread: SNP nonsense

@hibs.net private member Fife-Hibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by James310 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Can't bring yourself to say it? Too painful? It was a 'SNP/Tory stitch up' as they teamed up to defeat the bill.

That's a Green MSPs words by the way, not mine.
    I'm quite happy for an SNP/Tory "stitch up" if it defeats an awful bill.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Can't bring yourself to say it? Too painful? It was a 'SNP/Tory stitch up' as they teamed up to defeat the bill.

That's a Green MSPs words by the way, not mine.
    I canít see what warrants this petty wee dig at all.
    Every gimmick hungry yob,
    Digging gold from rock and roll
    Grabs the mic to tell us,
    He'll die before he's sold.

@hibs.net private member Moulin Yarns's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by marinello59 View Post
    I canít see what warrants this petty wee dig at all.
    It's probably trolling. I would have thought it being on the snp nonsense thread would have made it obvious that they have to take some of the blame. As it is the planning bill is needed, but the defeat of the amendment makes it easier for second home owners to make them holiday homes, removing them from the housing market.
    They tried to bury us, they didn't realise we were seeds.

Quote Originally Posted by 7 Up View Post
    And amazing how many men have developed a sudden concern for women's rights now that it's seen as a convenient way to attack trans rights.

Scottish Women's Aid and Rape Crisis Scotland both support the proposed reforms. I'm inclined to trust their expertise.
    Unfortunately it looks like the minority of the transphobic bigots have won the day.

https://twitter.com/NotRightRuth/status/1141733049568288768?s=19

Quote Originally Posted by Moulin Yarns View Post
    Unfortunately it looks like the minority of the transphobic bigots have won the day.

https://twitter.com/NotRightRuth/sta...568288768?s=19
    Joanna Cherry disagrees. Do you class her as a bigot?

https://twitter.com/joannaccherry/st...687967745?s=19

Private Members Prediction League Winner Hibrandenburg's Avatar

I think she's admitting the battle is lost but the war goes on.

She is also aware of the needs of all people of different views and gender to be treated equally.

https://twitter.com/joannaccherry/status/1141722556375998464?s=19

She is also aware of the needs of all people of different views and gender to be treated equally.

https://twitter.com/joannaccherry/status/1141722556375998464?s=19
    Yes, so why say the delay was caused by bigots? Was it not caused because people like Joanna who had concerns.

Yes, so why say the delay was caused by bigots? Was it not caused because people like Joanna who had concerns.
    People claiming this will lead to men walking into female toilets have totally misunderstood the legislation, having to repeat myself for your benefit is a waste of time though.

People claiming this will lead to men walking into female toilets have totally misunderstood the legislation, having to repeat myself for your benefit is a waste of time though.
    I agree and disagree. I listened to Mhairi Black talk in parliament, and she clarified that women's spaces are protected under the equalities legislation.

However, I do think the revised GRA bill should make clear distinction between sex, which is binary and evidentiary, and gender, which is obviously more of a spectrum, and appears to be more belief based. I wonder if it would be better to protect gender ID in the same vein as religious or Political belief.

This is so true and people should remember it.

https://twitter.com/CameronMcNeish/s...095343617?s=19

It's probably trolling. I would have thought it being on the snp nonsense thread would have made it obvious that they have to take some of the blame. As it is the planning bill is needed, but the defeat of the amendment makes it easier for second home owners to make them holiday homes, removing them from the housing market.
    Iím surprised there hasnít been more discussion about this. SNP members joining forces with the Tories to put big business interests ahead of the genuine concerns of residents is pretty big.

Iím surprised there hasnít been more discussion about this. SNP members joining forces with the Tories to put big business interests ahead of the genuine concerns of residents is pretty big.
    You have been posting here long enough to know that's never going to happen. Ignore, nothing to see. It's just an inconvenient truth.

Just ignore it for a few days and it will go away.

@hibs.net private member The Modfather's Avatar
    You have been posting here long enough to know that's never going to happen. Ignore, nothing to see. It's just an inconvenient truth.

In the same spirit, you seem to have overlooked my questions to you on the Tory thread one page back...

I think itís just been missed by most people. If Moulin hadnít initially posted it on here then I would probably have missed it as well.

Quote Originally Posted by The Modfather View Post
    In the same spirit, you seem to have overlooked my questions to you on the Tory thread one page back...
    Was that the mega 6 questions in one post? I said on another post the EU won't negotiate anymore. I hope we leave with the deal and we have the trade agreements negotiated as part of that.

I think Scotland will be worse off post Brexit, and I am not sure what Boris has said he will deliver for Scotland so I don't know if I have confidence in him or not. Probably not when I find out what it is. Been pretty consistent I don't like him.

Did I miss anything?

I think itís just been missed by most people. If Moulin hadnít initially posted it on here then I would probably have missed it as well.
    Being totally up front. My wife and I have been prudent, and looked at buying a flat in Edinburgh a couple of years ago, at the end of the day we decided not to go ahead because we had about 10 short breaks each year and felt it would restrict us.

We have holidays in hotels but still do self catering, but wouldn't use Airbnb

@hibs.net private member The Modfather's Avatar
    Was that the mega 6 questions in one post? I said on another post the EU won't negotiate anymore. I hope we leave with the deal and we have the trade agreements negotiated as part of that.

I think Scotland will be worse off post Brexit, and I am not sure what Boris has said he will deliver for Scotland so I don't know if I have confidence in him or not. Probably not when I find out what it is. Been pretty consistent I don't like him.

Did I miss anything?
    Youíre not adverse to asking lots of questions so didnít think you would take issue with me asking you some 😀

No all good, and fair opinions. Itís just a little irk-some that the the amount of time and energy you put into posting about independence isnít matched in the same degree as to some of the more pressing issues of day in Brexit and the Tory leadership contest. However you have made your position on Brexit clear so thatís fair enough.

Quote Originally Posted by The Modfather View Post
    Youíre not adverse to asking lots of questions so didnít think you would take issue with me asking you some 😀

No all good, and fair opinions. Itís just a little irk-some that the the amount of time and energy you put into posting about independence isnít matched in the same degree as to some of the more pressing issues of day in Brexit and the Tory leadership contest. However you have made your position on Brexit clear so thatís fair enough.
    I think with Brexit in hindsight a lot of people will look back and wish they had done more. I never thought for one minute Leave would win, but if I could go back I would do more to contribute to the Remain campaign. Sure lots more would do the same. I read the SNP spent more on a local council by election than they did on Remain. (Had to get a dig in somewhere)

@hibs.net private member
    Itís all about who drives that narrative...

I mean if it had been the Tories linking up with Labour to stymie the SNP then Iím sure we would have had quite a few posts on here making sure everyone was aware. Just like there has been plenty over time about just how snidey Labour have been at local council level having the temerity to work with those nasty old Tories.

Yet here we see landmark legislation, that will effect many Scots significantly for years to come, getting passed through parliament only through the SNP enlisting the support of those self same nasty yoons and but hardly a blip on the post count...

It is indeed a funny old world.

@hibs.net private member lord bunberry's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by RyeSloan View Post
    Itís all about who drives that narrative...

I mean if it had been the Tories linking up with Labour to stymie the SNP then Iím sure we would have had quite a few posts on here making sure everyone was aware. Just like there has been plenty over time about just how snidey Labour have been at local council level having the temerity to work with those nasty old Tories.

Yet here we see landmark legislation, that will effect many Scots significantly for years to come, getting passed through parliament only through the SNP enlisting the support of those self same nasty yoons and but hardly a blip on the post count...

It is indeed a funny old world.
    There is certainly a blip on this independence supporting poster. I admit to not being in possession of all the facts, but on the face of it this seems utter madness. The whole concept of Airbnb is abhorrent in a city like Edinburgh. We are a major European city that requires our population to service the needs of being such a city, but weíre happy to allow people to buy and then rent flats out on a short term basis to groups of tourists. In the meantime locals canít afford to buy a house because the prices are being artificially inflated by the short term let market. Edinburgh sadly is no longer for the people of the city.

United we stand here....

@hibs.net private member Ozyhibby's Avatar
    I think with Brexit in hindsight a lot of people will look back and wish they had done more. I never thought for one minute Leave would win, but if I could go back I would do more to contribute to the Remain campaign. Sure lots more would do the same. I read the SNP spent more on a local council by election than they did on Remain. (Had to get a dig in somewhere)
    The SNP appear to have spent wisely then because they achieved a 62% remain vote.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Ozyhibby View Post
    The SNP appear to have spent wisely then because they achieved a 62% remain vote.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    One way of looking at it, other is turnout in Scotland was much worse than England and Wales. Only 56% turnout in Glasgow was poor.

Maybe a bit of a campaign would have helped. Might have done something to those who never voted and something to those 1M Scots that voted Leave.

@hibs.net private member Callum_62's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Wii Code: 0083-4364-6418-4974
    One way of looking at it, other is turnout in Scotland was much worse than England and Wales. Only 56% turnout in Glasgow was poor.

Maybe a bit of a campaign would have helped. Might have done something to those who never voted and something to those 1M Scots that voted Leave.
    Interestigly if we somehow managed to change every leave voter to a remain voter, we would've voted overall to remain in the EU by only 600,000 votes

Sent from my VOG-L29 using Tapatalk

@hibs.net private member StevieC's Avatar

The outcome was always going to be decided by England, letís not kid ourselves otherwise. Seems sensible to save campaigning funds for elections that matter, than waste it on a campaign that was going to be decided elsewhere regardless.
    But you know it ain't all about wealth,
    as long as you make a note to .. EXPRESS YOURSELF!

Quote Originally Posted by StevieC View Post
    The outcome was always going to be decided by England, letís not kid ourselves otherwise. Seems sensible to save campaigning funds for elections that matter, than waste it on a campaign that was going to be decided elsewhere regardless.
    You could say the same about campaigning in the more remote parts of Scotland, don't bother as everything will always be decided by the central belt.

If the leave vote dropped by 5% across the whole of the UK and the remain vote increased by 5%, which seems reasonable if there had been a better campaign across the whole of the UK by Remain, then Remain would have won.

@hibs.net private member StevieC's Avatar
    You could say the same about campaigning in the more remote parts of Scotland, don't bother as everything will always be decided by the central belt.

If the leave vote dropped by 5% across the whole of the UK and the remain vote increased by 5%, which seems reasonable if there had been a better campaign across the whole of the UK by Remain, then Remain would have won.
    That is totally off the mark. Remote parts of Scotland still have the opportunity to help make a majority at Parliament level, Brexit has been dealt with entirely by a chosen few in London .. and not one elected member in Scotland has had any say on how things have panned out .. not even Ruth the mooth or any Scottish MPs.

You could state as many ďwhat ifsĒ as you like, the truth is that the SNP spending more of their funds on an EU campaign wouldnít have made a single bit of difference to the outcome.

As has been pointed out to you though .. the campaign they did run resulted in 62% of Scotland voting remain .. and this has been totally ignored by the London few.
    But you know it ain't all about wealth,
    as long as you make a note to .. EXPRESS YOURSELF!

@hibs.net private member ronaldo7's Avatar
    I see the Scottish government are continuing with the day job, and the introduction of the Scottish child payment to try and lift more kids out of poverty.

£10 extra a week. To be claimed by the end of 2022, with children under 6 able to claim by the end of this parliament.

It's not to be sniffed at, but more to do.

Estimation is 410,000 children eligible, at a cost of £180 million.

It just shows how feked up the Tories are making of it all, when we've got to top up payments for children.

They just don't care.
    Last edited by ronaldo7; 26-06-2019 at 03:22 PM.

Testimonial Due weecounty hibby's Avatar
    It was my daughters P7 leavers assembly this morning. All of the kids got a gift box. In it was a scientific calculator, memory stick, ruler, pens, pencils, sharpener, rubber, pencil case, note pads etc and a dictionary. Not from the school but from the Scottish government. Not sure when that came in or if it's something that happens elsewhere but I thought it was a fabulous thing to do and a good start to the step into secondary education.

Quote Originally Posted by weecounty hibby View Post
    It was my daughters P7 leavers assembly this morning. All of the kids got a gift box. In it was a scientific calculator, memory stick, ruler, pens, pencils, sharpener, rubber, pencil case, note pads etc and a dictionary. Not from the school but from the Scottish government. Not sure when that came in or if it's something that happens elsewhere but I thought it was a fabulous thing to do and a good start to the step into secondary education.
    It's part of the Scottish Attainment Challenge launched by the Scottish government a few years back and focuses on nine 'challenge authorities'.

Here's some background:

The £750 million Attainment Scotland Fund is a targeted initiative focused on supporting pupils in the local authorities of Scotland with the highest concentrations of deprivation.
    The nine 'Challenge Authorities' are Glasgow, Dundee, Inverclyde, West Dunbartonshire, North Ayrshire, Clackmannanshire, North Lanarkshire, East Ayrshire and Renfrewshire. It initially focused on primary schools.
    A number of primary schools outwith the Challenge Authorities, with significant proportions of their pupils living in deprived areas are also benefiting.