hibs.net Messageboard

Page 87 of 87 FirstFirst ... 3777858687
Results 2,581 to 2,585 of 2585

Thread: SNP nonsense

Quote Originally Posted by Fife-Hibee View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Because in your world, somebody only has to be accused of guilt in order to be guilty. Even if they’re found innocent and relieved from all charges. Unless of course their politics chimes with your own.
    Must be hard when your hero has such a fall from grace.

I am saying even if he is innocent, we have seen with countless others that the stigma attached with being accused of serious sexual offences rarely just dissappears overnight.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member ronaldo7's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by James310 View Post

I am saying even if he is innocent, we have seen with countless others that the stigma attached with being accused of serious sexual offences rarely just dissappears overnight.
    But doing a Carmichael, who's found to be guilty of lying in ministerial office is somehow ok with you. So much so, you're even going to vote for his party this time around. #shallowstandards

@hibs.net private member Fife-Hibee's Avatar

So if he's guilty. He's guilty (and rightfully so).

If he's not guilty, then it's job done as far as you're concerned as his reputation will be perminantly damaged in the eyes of the general public?

I would dispute that second one. I believe if he's found innocent in all of this, then his support base in Scotland would solidify around him. Sure, there will be those clowns who will desperately continue to convince themselves that he's guilty in some way. But those are the same clowns who were never going to be on his side anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Fife-Hibee View Post
    So if he's guilty. He's guilty (and rightfully so).

If he's not guilty, then it's job done as far as you're concerned as his reputation will be perminantly damaged in the eyes of the general public?

I would dispute that second one. I believe if he's found innocent in all of this, then his support base in Scotland would solidify around him. Sure, there will be those clowns who will desperately continue to convince themselves that he's guilty in some way. But those are the same clowns who were never going to be on his side anyway.
    Maybe if he is found innocent he will launch that leadership bid with Cherry. You might be right and he could get that support back and be a force to be reckoned with again.

Are you #teamsalmond or #teamsturgeon?

@hibs.net private member Fife-Hibee's Avatar
    Maybe if he is found innocent he will launch that leadership bid with Cherry. You might be right and he could get that support back and be a force to be reckoned with again.

Are you #teamsalmond or #teamsturgeon?
    I'm #teamindependence and will support whoever is prepared to take us there.