hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

2. Log in to remove the advert

Thank you, Mr Holt. You did well.

@hibs.net private member DarlingtonHibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibby soldier View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Mixed one with Holt, we can only trust in Lenny.

Official Site: SQUAD UPDATE | PLAYERS DEPART AFTER CONTRACT EXPIRY

Coaching Staff
    Would have liked Holt to stay.

@hibs.net private member woodythehibee's Avatar
    No surprises, but sad to see Holt leave. He offered a lot to the team (on and off the park).

Need a similar type of striker next season.

@hibs.net private member worcesterhibby's Avatar
    interesting that Holt is away. I wonder if that is because he want's to hang up his boots or because Lennon feels he needs to get someone who will score more goals to replace him. I'm hoping the latter as it would be more positive..Any way good luck to GH..he didn't score as many as I hoped he would, but has put in some terrific shifts and been an integral part of the team that got us promoted.

@hibs.net private member JohnM1875's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: johnmac1875
    I'll definitely miss Holt. Thought he was amazing is all of our big games and loved how he got under the oppositions skin. And he didn't take any bull**** from ref's either!

@hibs.net private member

I thought Dunsmore was highly rated?

Thought we might have offered Holt an extension. Always hoped Harris could live up to his potential as well. Wouldn't be surprised if he gets picked up by a good championship side like Falkirk etc.

@hibs.net private member hibee_girl's Avatar
    Only one that's maybe a surprise is Holt, I'd have given him another year

Quote Originally Posted by worcesterhibby View Post
    interesting that Holt is away. I wonder if that is because he want's to hang up his boots or because Lennon feels he needs to get someone who will score more goals to replace him. I'm hoping the latter as it would be more positive..Any way good luck to GH..he didn't score as many as I hoped he would, but has put in some terrific shifts and been an integral part of the team that got us promoted.
    Holt had an offer from us.

@hibs.net private member Don Giovanni's Avatar
    Thought Holt might have stayed as his overall play was useful, even if his goal total was diappointing.

The rest were squad fillers and made little impact. We'll need space (wages) to add the necessary quality to the squad.

Good luck to the released players (unless they line-up against the Cabbage)

Done a turn for us this season. His experience and class showed through and he was vital in many important wins.

Thanks to Grant Holt. Harris will be one of these late developing players i reckon.

Would've liked holt to stay. Best of luck to the big man

Always thought Holt was in to do a job for us in the championship and would move on this year. Ironically his two best games, by some distance IMO, were against Hearts and the sheep.

No real surprises for me.

@hibs.net private member overdrive's Avatar
    Good luck to him. I would have liked him to have stayed, not necessarily as a starter every week though.

@hibs.net private member .Sean.'s Avatar
    Disappointed Holt is away tbh
    ''It's always been just part of the culture. Growing up, for most working-class kids, is all about football, music or clothes. You might not have much money, but whatever you have got, you're going to look good.'' - Paul Weller

Loved Holt and was a key part of us winning the league.

Yes he didn't score as many as we had hoped but his link up play - coaching and help to others during games - presence and experience were massive to the team.

He scored some important goals including the yams cup game and changed the game in the semi final - you could argue he should have started.

Good luck to the guy - another year would have been great but family down south and he's back and forth to see them a lot.

Thanks for helping us get promoted

Good luck to all the departing players. I'll miss Holt as I liked him as a player. He contributed a lot more than just goals. Few characters have left Hibs hopefully it is not only ability that is replaced but personality also.

I'm not too fussed that Holt has gone, he made a decent contribution to our promotion effort and the personal effort was always there, but in all honesty the guy was blowing oot his erchie after 70 minutes in most of the games he played in, which is the only reason Graham got so many games from the subs bench.

If we hope to make a dent in the premiership we are going to need pace and stamina neither of which Holt has IMO .... even for a target man, noiser up of the opposition, whatever you want to call him, Holt's goals return was pretty dreadful for a guy who had played at the level he has for most of his career ..... we need better now.

Having said all that, I wish him all the best ... he helped return us to the top league so he can be satisfied with the job he has done.

Quote Originally Posted by woodythehibee View Post
    No surprises, but sad to see Holt leave. He offered a lot to the team (on and off the park).

Need a similar type of striker next season.
    Completely agree.

The last bit is crucial - I'd actually say that as things currently stand (with the possible exception of the 'keeper situation) finding a centre forward who can bully the opposition as effectively as Holt should be our number one signing priority.

I've not seen enough of Boyce's all round play - anyone got opinions on whether he has that ability in his locker?

Didn't think I would be bothered about Holt leaving given his age and lack of goals.
    However I now feel a little bad, he gave his all, played a lot of games and did some great work in defence as well as doing all the dirty work up front to take that load off Cummings.
    Fairly sure Cummings will have benefited from his experienced head and i suspect some gruff words.
    Has been a good signing and he has more than paid his way.
    Good luck Grant.

Gutted about big Holty. Offered a lot more than goals alone. Hope NL has a similar type of player coming in.

Wondering if this means that Boyle and Fyvie will be staying then?

First Team Breakthrough HTD1875's Avatar
    Gutted about Holt, seemed a charismatic proffesional to have in the dressing room. Think he's really helped Cummings with his link up play and advice.

Turned up in the big games and had a lot to give on the playing side too.

wish him all the best.

Yeah gutted holt is away - he turned up for the big games, the better the opposition, the better he looked. Think he would have done well in the prem.

Hopefully means we have a replacement lined up.

Holt wanted to be closer to his family.

Prediction League Supremo - 05/06 MB62's Avatar
    Not unhappy to see ANY of them leave.
    If Holt spent as much time trying to play fitba as he did wrestling with defenders, he might have been a more effective player.
    A forward who doesn't score goals is as hopeless as a goalie who doesn't save shots.
    Done the biz against the Yams and possible MOTM in the semi-final, but that's not enough for me. Definitely a 'Marmite' player, you either love him or hate (obviously not hate, but you know what I mean ) him.

Quote Originally Posted by The Leith Dutch View Post
    Completely agree.

The last bit is crucial - I'd actually say that as things currently stand (with the possible exception of the 'keeper situation) finding a centre forward who can bully the opposition as effectively as Holt should be our number one signing priority.

I've not seen enough of Boyce's all round play - anyone got opinions on whether he has that ability in his locker?
    I've said it before, so I'm not having a go at you LD ...... But at what point did it become imperative that this club has to have a big bruiser up front to batter away at the opposition?

Most of the best Hibs teams I have seen didn't need a player like that, I would much rather see two or 3 pacey forwards with at least one good in the air because of his ability to jump rather than because he's built like the incredible hulk .... Allan Gordon was built like the guy who advertised Mr Muscle but he was great in the air ...... Eric Black at Aberdeen was fantastic in the air, but he wasn't a bruiser either.

If we go for a big lump up front to partner whoever our other forwards turn out to be I wont complain about it, but I would much rather see our goals scored with style and invention than because some journeyman pro has been deployed up front to knock over the opposition centre half.