hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: St mirren fans

St mirren fans

Thought they were brilliant today really backed there team, good numbers and very noisy well done to them and well done the hibs fans for clapping them off the park
    Hibs class

2. Log in to remove the advert

Excellent today. Loudest fans I've heard at ER for a while. Our pink chums across the city could take a leaf out their book. Fair play to the ones that stayed for the presentation and SOL. Hope they come up next season.

Brilliant support from them today. Good numbers and plenty singing and atmosphere. Fair play to them.

Always have a wee admiration for fans of St Mirren, Partick Thsitle etc for supporting their club and not taken the easy option and been swayed to go and support one of the bigot brothers.

Quote Originally Posted by KingDomofFife84 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Excellent today. Loudest fans I've heard at ER for a while. Our pink chums across the city could take a leaf out their book. Fair play to the ones that stayed for the presentation and SOL. Hope they come up next season.
    Oh god without a doubt they had more songs and made more noise than the so called "big team"! Christ you could have heard a pin drop in their end when they came to ER a few months back. Embarrassing support especially in what was their biggets game of the season!

@hibs.net private member Hibs Class's Avatar
    Best away support at ER this season
    ​#PERSEVERED

Class supporters stayed to the end and what a noise. Constantly backed their team. Credit to them.

GGTTH

Quote Originally Posted by 21.05.2016 View Post
    Oh god without a doubt they had more songs and made more noise than the so called "big team"! Christ you could have heard a pin drop in their end when they came to ER a few months back. Embarrassing support especially in what was their biggets game of the season!
    This

Yes best away support i've seen in a very long time.Though imagine if brondby fans had filled the same area? Nightmare.

Quote Originally Posted by gjb1875 View Post
    Thought they were brilliant today really backed there team, good numbers and very noisy well done to them and well done the hibs fans for clapping them off the park
    Hibs class
    Full marks to them today. Some were even videoing Sunshine on Leith at the end.

@hibs.net private member AFKA5814_Hibs's Avatar
    They were loud cause they had a reason for; btw a Hibs win and they'd have finished bottom 2, bet they wouldn't have been as vocal otherwise. As an aside I'm glad they survived.

They were so loud online. They came for a party, and had one- Well Done them!

Great support from the Saints fans. Nice touch that they stayed for the presentation, also nice touch from the West standers applauding the St Mirren players off the park , which was appreciated by them.

If there is a St Mirren fan who says that today was not the best day of their season they are lying.

They turned up in numbers, sang their hearts out, dragged there team back into it, and quite rightly enjoyed the celebrations at the end.

Remember that was the championship. Full house, 19,700 odd fans, great atmosphere, everyone went home happy. Best away support at ER by miles. Will we get an atmosphere every week like that in the Premier League? No chance.

Every one of them could take the easy way out and follow the bigot brothers.

Heard them singing 'When the Saints go marching in' at ER in the mid fifties. Great to hear them still singing it today.

I take my hat off to every one of them.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Famous Fiver View Post
    If there is a St Mirren fan who says that today was not the best day of their season they are lying.

They turned up in numbers, sang their hearts out, dragged there team back into it, and quite rightly enjoyed the celebrations at the end.

Remember that was the championship. Full house, 19,700 odd fans, great atmosphere, everyone went home happy. Best away support at ER by miles. Will we get an atmosphere every week like that in the Premier League? No chance.

Every one of them could take the easy way out and follow the bigot brothers.

Heard them singing 'When the Saints go marching in' at ER in the mid fifties. Great to hear them still singing it today.

I take my hat off to every one of them.
    Nice post mate

Always quite liked St Mirren especially after they helped continue Hearts LC hoodoo relatively recently.

As I've always said when you get games that matter Scottish football attracts numbers. St Mirren brought a good crowd who were loud throughout, they got the result they needed, earned their applause from the Hibs fans and a decent number of them returned the favour.

Good luck to them next season.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

Good support. Better than dundee utd and Falkirk.

@hibs.net private member hibee_girl's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by stoneyburn hibs View Post
    Great support from the Saints fans. Nice touch that they stayed for the presentation, also nice touch from the West standers applauding the St Mirren players off the park , which was appreciated by them.
    We were clapping them in the East too!

I'm glad they stayed up, a run like that deserves to have a good ending.

St. Liedown

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    St. Liedown

I love when the yams call them that! They seem to forget that hearts had their destiny in their own hands, they only needed a point i think.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    St. Liedown

Only for their beloved Celtic.

They gave the Famous a jolly good thrashing in the wee (can't win it) cup final.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

I love when the yams call them that! They seem to forget that hearts had their destiny in their own hands, they only needed a point i think.
    What happened?

Quote Originally Posted by iwasthere1972 View Post
    What happened?
    There simply must be video evidence of this event, surely?

Quote Originally Posted by iwasthere1972 View Post
    What happened?
    Not sure, perhaps a wee youtube search will jog our memories though

Quote Originally Posted by hibee_girl View Post
    We were clapping them in the East too!

I'm glad they stayed up, a run like that deserves to have a good ending.
    Nope I'm not believing that the radges in the East applauded them 😁.

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: franck sauzee
    Good songbook as well, was waiting on them singing "Hibs, Hibs , whoooaah Hibs" and that as well.
    Follow the Hibs podcast, Longbangers, on Twitter (@longbangers)
    https://longbangers.hubwave.net

Good club. Thanks for 86 👍

Not sure, perhaps a wee youtube search will jog our memories though
    I'm on to it.

Best away fans of the season and loudest plus behaved themselves.

Today was a great advert for Scottish football - a full stadium - great weather - 2 sets of fans singing away..ok wasn't a classic game but was fantastic to see plus Hibs fans clapping the efforts of the saints today.

I'm grateful for saints beating the yams in league cup a few years ago plus 86 !!

Strong chance of them getting promoted last next season. Some good players and style of play.

First Team Breakthrough
    Sadly like most clubs they have their element of fan dans. I'm not sure how to post the picture I have, it's a half bottle of buckfast that narrowly missed my brothers head and smashed landing on the stairs in west lower having been launched from the south.

****ers. My wife and daughter were paranoid for the rest for first half until stewards arrived, who were first class.

Could've ruined a great family day out.

I'd expect any club in the top 2 divisions to bring a good support when their team really needs it. 3rd time we've played St Mirren this season at Easter Road, only time they've had any fans.