hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

My job at a hibs is done a wee bit..

https://stv.tv/sport/football/1386959-hibs-duo-happy-at-club-but-will-decide-on-futures-soon/

I don't think anyone would grudge either moving on to bigger and better (hopefully not moving west!) just hope we do this sooner rather than later if it's going to to transpire

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member
    He also said ""If I could I would be at Hibs my whole life but it's not like that," he said"

First Team Regular
    My time is nearly up at hibs 😩

First Team Breakthrough
    You can't blame them both to wanting to move to bigger clubs but rest assure both will not be heading west, most likely down south.

Quote Originally Posted by IanM View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    https://stv.tv/sport/football/138695...-futures-soon/

I don't think anyone would grudge either moving on to bigger and better (hopefully not moving west!) just hope we do this sooner rather than later if it's going to to transpire

fixed the link for you
    Last edited by RoxburghHibs; 27-04-2017 at 05:16 PM.

@hibs.net private member PeeKay's Avatar
    Jason in particular sounded a bit evasive. But both said they are under contract to Hibs and any moves away from the club are out of their hands. It's the old football cliché "never say never" I suppose.

Think cummings could well be off but hopefully we get another year from SJM

Can I be the first to say "OP's link isnae workin"...
    Ahh that's better, always wanted to say that on here...

First Team Breakthrough
    I guess we all knew this would happen come the end so of the season a d during the summer but both are under contract and we could make a fair bit for both players.

First Team Breakthrough
    Quote Originally Posted by makaveli1875 View Post
    Think cummings could well be off but hopefully we get another year from SJM
    I hope lennon can convince both to stay at least one more season.

Both will be hoping for big moves this summer. Doesn't mean it will happen though. Hibs will know that Jason's value will keep rising if he keeps scoring. No rush to sell him. McGinn slightly different as they wont want to let his contract get down to 12 months.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

First Team Regular
    My time is nearly up at hibs 😩

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: toomanydjs
    Theres not much either player can say beyond that - they would both be happy staying, but if the right offer came in for them and the club, they will be off. In saying that, I dont think either player is particularly ready to move, and could use at least use another season with us at a higher level.

Elephant Stone
    Left by mutual consent!
    What do we reckon their values would be this summer? 2m each?

John is staying according to what he was telling people himself after the promotion game.

To lose one would be crap but to lose both of them would be a major kick in the nuts for me. I guess it would feel better if they don't stay in Scotland.

2.5 cummings
    2.75 mcginn

I think both will be off in the summer unfortunately.

Quote Originally Posted by Nicho87 View Post
    2.5 cummings
    2.75 mcginn
    Ha Ha if Hibs get £5+ for them both i will be amazed. But lets see.

Has McGinn played well enough this season to expect a move? IMO he hasn't.

If I was Jason, I would stay at least another year at hibs and have a crack at playing week in week out in the premiership. He's a good goalscorer but he's only played at championship level. Yes I know he's scored in cup games against hearts, Abderdeen, Rangers etc who are all premier league clubs but they are just one off games, he's yet to prove he can consistently good against better opposition.

FWIW I think he is good enough to play at that level but even still, he's yet to actually prove it. As good a goalscorer as JC is and his goals have been so vital for us, he's still got a lot of developing and learning to do and I believe his best chance to do that is at hibs. If I was Lennon i'd be saying to him, listen stay at least another year, get the goals, prove you can cut it at a higher level, develop your game then at the end of the season weigh up your options, because more clubs will come knocking if you have a good year in the premiership.

I just don't want JC to be yet another young player who jumps ship too early the moment a decent move comes knocking and ends up damaging his career/development by warming a bench somewhere. At hibs he can get first team football week in, week out and get himself noticed. End of the day he's still only 20, he's still young, it's not like he's much older and time is running out for him getting a big move. I just don't want him ending up like Riordan etc and making the wrong move and wasting such a great talent. Make the right choices, keep his feet on the ground, work hard and he'll have a very successfull career IMO.

@hibs.net private member greenlex's Avatar
    If I was either of them and the right offer came in I'd be off.

Quote Originally Posted by King Dom View Post
    John is staying according to what he was telling people himself after the promotion game.

To lose one would be crap but to lose both of them would be a major kick in the nuts for me. I guess it would feel better if they don't stay in Scotland.
    I cant see Hibs agreeing to them both going in the same window unless the offers were so lucrative that Lennon could then get in replacements that he was happy with
    We are talking about Strengthening and being second best footballing team in Scotland Lennon is upbeat and we are still on a Scottish Cup High despite losing at the weekend
    If ever their was a time to invest in the Team this is it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Elephant Stone
    Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Unseen work View Post
    I think both will be off in the summer unfortunately.
    It will be sad to see them go but if the money was re-invested then we will be alright, probably even better.

Hopefully they stay, though.

@hibs.net private member Craig_HFC's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 21.05.2016 View Post
    If I was Jason, I would stay at least another year at hibs and have a crack at playing week in week out in the premiership. He's a good goalscorer but he's only played at championship level. Yes I know he's scored in cup games against hearts, Abderdeen, Rangers etc who are all premier league clubs but they are just one off games, he's yet to prove he can consistently good against better opposition.

FWIW I think he is good enough to play at that level but even still, he's yet to actually prove it. As good a goalscorer as JC is and his goals have been so vital for us, he's still got a lot of developing and learning to do and I believe his best chance to do that is at hibs. If I was Lennon i'd be saying to him, listen stay at least another year, get the goals, prove you can cut it at a higher level, develop your game then at the end of the season weigh up your options, because more clubs will come knocking if you have a good year in the premiership.

I just don't want JC to be yet another young player who jumps ship too early the moment a decent move comes knocking and ends up damaging his career/development by warming a bench somewhere. At hibs he can get first team football week in, week out and get himself noticed. End of the day he's still only 20, he's still young, it's not like he's much older and time is running out for him getting a big move. I just don't want him ending up like Riordan etc and making the wrong move and wasting such a great talent. Make the right choices, keep his feet on the ground, work hard and he'll have a very successfull career IMO.
    I agree with this 100% however I think Jase will be off, unfortunately.

McGinn is the more likely of the 2 to stay for next season imo.
    PERSEVERE
    Verb: pə:ːsɪ'ˈvɪə/
    To not give up.
    To go the distance.
    To stop at nothing.

Two legends who have earned the right to do what they like. No hard feelings no matter where they go.

I have a feeling they'll both be here next year though.

Cummings' comments suggest he feels he's gone as far as he can in his career with us which is disappointing. He's still to prove himself consistently at Premiership level.

I feel he would benefit from a full season in the top league as the last time we were up there he was just making his debut. If he scores a lot next season then he could go next summer for a serious amount.

I also feel McGinn's in the same boat.

We all knew they'd most likely be going. I just hope they go to England, although I can't see that happening sadly.
    All the best when they're off ski from me.

Testimonial Due
    Quote Originally Posted by MWHIBBIES View Post
    Has McGinn played well enough this season to expect a move? IMO he hasn't.
    Got to agree with that. Dunno what has been the cause of it with John this season but he's not reached the levels we saw last year.

As for Cummings, we can't grudge him a move away as without his goals I dread to think where we'd be but I feel it's still too early for him.

Another year scoring here could be a big difference to how his career pans out. In my opinion and at this particular moment, he's not good enough to go play and score regularly in the English Championship.

If if he leaves, he'll be back up the road on loan within a year.

Quote Originally Posted by Sammy7nil View Post
    Ha Ha if Hibs get £5+ for them both i will be amazed. But lets see.
    Why is that so unrealistic both excellent young players with a couple of years left on their contract if we let either go for less than 2m I'd be very very surprised especially given some of the money other players are quoted to be worth ahem Barry McKay

Maybe we can hava a mega cake sale to up their wages