hibs.net Messageboard

Thread: Tick Tock

Tick Tock

Just how skint are Hearts? All this fundraising smacks of desperation. This new stand idea hasn't been thought through imo. They don't have the funds to furnish the thing. Season ticket prices at record highs despite the DD's, bake sales and the like. If I was a Jambo I'd be asking a lot of questions.

2. Log in to remove the advert

They are now living within their means.

Thats the big difference.

Quote Originally Posted by KingDomofFife84 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Just how skint are Hearts? All this fundraising smacks of desperation. This new stand idea hasn't been thought through imo. They don't have the funds to furnish the thing. Season ticket prices at record highs despite the DD's, bake sales and the like. If I was a Jambo I'd be asking a lot of questions.
    Budge should also be asking Levein a load of questions. His January transfer gamble has failed spectacularly - and a costly failure at that no doubt.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by tamig View Post
    Budge should also be asking Levein a load of questions. His January transfer gamble has failed spectacularly - and a costly failure at that no doubt.
    It's not been that bad for Levein personally if the stories of his 'association' with Colquhon are true ...................

Quote Originally Posted by Deansy View Post
    It's not been that bad for Levein personally if the stories of his 'association' with Colquhon are true ...................
    Could you elaborate?

Quote Originally Posted by JDHibs View Post

But are they? That new stand has to be costly.

Quote Originally Posted by Waxy View Post
    But are they? That new stand has to be costly.
    Exactly, seems they have gone ahead without having all the funds for this stand. The wheels really are coming off and Hearts may well find themselves in bother again both on and off the field. Fans are turning big time.

Quote Originally Posted by tamig View Post
    Leave the guy alone he is doing a grand job

Left by mutual consent! Peevemor's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Thecat23 View Post
    Exactly, seems they have gone ahead without having all the funds for this stand. The wheels really are coming off and Hearts may well find themselves in bother again both on and off the field. Fans are turning big time.
    They said they have the funds in place to get the stand opened, but not all areas will be fitted out, thus the fundraising.

Quote Originally Posted by Peevemor View Post
    They said they have the funds in place to get the stand opened, but not all areas will be fitted out, thus the fundraising.
    Do they though? Seriously I don't think they do Peevemor. To me it seems they are now struggling big time!

They are, yes. But several things have happened since they started the stand that have mean they arent getting the money they thought they would....

Patersons injury.
    Nicholson under performing.
    Both these players are out of contract and Hearts were due quite sizeable fees. Wont get as much now.

Diving down the league, Europe unlikely and they arent expecting alot of season ticket sales. Means a shortfall in funding.

They are, yes. But several things have happened since they started the stand that have mean they arent getting the money they thought they would....

Patersons injury.
    Both these players are out of contract and Hearts were due quite sizeable fees. Wont get as much now.

Diving down the league, Europe unlikely and they arent expecting alot of season ticket sales. Means a shortfall in funding.
    Signing a building contract without have the money in place is fraud - I don't think that's Budge's style.

It could well be that she's reluctantly prepared to make up any shortfall, but that's not the impression I got from the press releases at the time.

Coaching Staff The Green Goblin's Avatar
    Could they still get 15 million for Andrew Driver? That would really help things along.

Surely they wouldn't need to resort to desperate fund raising attempts if that was true?

They binned a half decent premiership side and wasted thousands on a bunch of journeymen.

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: hibee-87
    Quote Originally Posted by Thecat23 View Post
    Do they though? Seriously I don't think they do Peevemor. To me it seems they are now struggling big time!
    I find it totally bizzare to start a major project like replace your main stand without having the funding in place. Budge is a successful buisness woman by all intents so for her to go ahead with this seems crazy. If this was hibs I would like to think our fans would be asking some serious questions. Was she taking a gamble on certain things happening?
    Is she too deep in to turn round and say maybe we need to hold off for a year or so till the funding is in place? Is it all just a simple case of its not as easy running a club as she thought it would be?
    If I was a hearts fan I would be wanting serious answers as to where all my money is/has gone

Quote Originally Posted by Hibee87 View Post
    I find it totally bizzare to start a major project like replace your main stand without having the funding in place. Budge is a successful buisness woman by all intents so for her to go ahead with this seems crazy. If this was hibs I would like to think our fans would be asking some serious questions. Was she taking a gamble on certain things happening?
    Is she too deep in to turn round and say maybe we need to hold off for a year or so till the funding is in place? Is it all just a simple case of its not as easy running a club as she thought it would be?
    If I was a hearts fan I would be wanting serious answers as to where all my money is/has gone
    Couldnt agree more, all questions I'd like answered if I was a Hearts fan. Something just isn't right for me.

They may now be 'living within their means' but it clearly looks like those means don't include enough money to finish off their exciting new mega stand.

The fact that they are now resorting to more and more outlandish schemes to raise money should be ringing alarm bells down Gorgie way .... IIRC they have something like a 3 million quid shortfall and businesses looking to raise that sort of money don't do it by indulging in projects that are going to raise £20,000 like the Yacht holiday offer or bake sales that are going to raise considerably less than that, or the latest offer of £15 coaching lessons from a guy who is quickly becoming a laughing stock.

That says to me that they have nowhere else to turn and the question has to be asked that at what point does your money raising scheme become a money saving scheme? They must be getting close to the point where they will actively be touting their sellable on field assets ( of which there are few ) and after that look to start cutting wages.

The stand will apparently be useable in its most basic form by next season, so the chances are that will be enough of an incentive to at best keep their ST sales to current levels as their fans look forward to the new improved Bus Shelter ..... But if the on field product doesn't match up to the shiny new surroundings, what then?

If you ask me they are one season away from disaster

@hibs.net private member Galahibby's Avatar

@hibs.net private member Galahibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by NAE NOOKIE View Post
    They may now be 'living within their means' but it clearly looks like those means don't include enough money to finish off their exciting new mega stand.

The fact that they are now resorting to more and more outlandish schemes to raise money should be ringing alarm bells down Gorgie way .... IIRC they have something like a 3 million quid shortfall and businesses looking to raise that sort of money don't do it by indulging in projects that are going to raise £20,000 like the Yacht holiday offer or bake sales that are going to raise considerably less than that, or the latest offer of £15 coaching lessons from a guy who is quickly becoming a laughing stock.

That says to me that they have nowhere else to turn and the question has to be asked that at what point does your money raising scheme become a money saving scheme? They must be getting close to the point where they will actively be touting their sellable on field assets ( of which there are few ) and after that look to start cutting wages.

The stand will apparently be useable in its most basic form by next season, so the chances are that will be enough of an incentive to at best keep their ST sales to current levels as their fans look forward to the new improved Bus Shelter ..... But if the on field product doesn't match up to the shiny new surroundings, what then?

If you ask me they are one season away from disaster
    Got there before me M

@hibs.net private member KeithTheHibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibee87 View Post
    They have never asked any questions, you only have to look at the Romanov era to see that.

Quote Originally Posted by Peevemor View Post
    Signing a building contract without have the money in place is fraud - I don't think that's Budge's style.

It could well be that she's reluctantly prepared to make up any shortfall, but that's not the impression I got from the press releases at the time.
    They could easily have set up the contract in stages or phases and may have the money in place for the works as agreed at present (say the sub and superstructure) with next stages to be agreed once monies in place.

Quote Originally Posted by Galahibby View Post
    Got there before me M
    Yeh .... sobered up since Saturday, so I'm quicker now

Patersons injury.

Remember they were desperately trying to sell Patterson for around a million so they are now only going to get a fee for bringing him through the ranks meaning half a million less than they bargained for plus less money at the gate despite their ridiculous attendance figures. I couldn't care less about them in any way,shape or form but enjoying the hysterical begging bowl to try and build the stand.

@hibs.net private member GreenLake's Avatar
    They always describe their projects as "pioneering" and "state of the art" when "reluctantly following" and "cobbled together" would be more appropriate.

Quote Originally Posted by mjhibby View Post
    Remember they were desperately trying to sell Patterson for around a million so they are now only going to get a fee for bringing him through the ranks meaning half a million less than they bargained for plus less money at the gate despite their ridiculous attendance figures. I couldn't care less about them in any way,shape or form but enjoying the hysterical begging bowl to try and build the stand.
    They will only get half a million if he signs for someone before October. After that it is zilch. So it depends on how he recovers and if someone wants to take a gamble on him.
    At least they can rejoice in signing all these top notch players in January on long term deals 😆
    Admin can seem like a good option for a while, but it has come back to bite plenty clubs longer term!

Sent from my SM-T713 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Iain G View Post
    They could easily have set up the contract in stages or phases and may have the money in place for the works as agreed at present (say the sub and superstructure) with next stages to be agreed once monies in place.
    A stand is very basic. I'd imagine that the contracts have already been let as materials have to be ordered. The steel has to be powder-coated RAL 0762 ("famous pink") and seats (special bloddied turd colour) won't be sitting on a shelf waiting for them.

Quote Originally Posted by Marco G View Post
    They will only get half a million if he signs for someone before October. After that it is zilch. So it depends on how he recovers and if someone wants to take a gamble on him.
    At least they can rejoice in signing all these top notch players in January on long term deals 😆
    Admin can seem like a good option for a while, but it has come back to bite plenty clubs longer term!

Sent from my SM-T713 using Tapatalk
    Forgot about the October deadline with Patterson. With walker and Nicholson contracts running down they are going to get precious little in transfer fees. The few decent jambos I know are slowly seeing the pbs is becoming one ego trip for budge. They better get off to a decent start next season or the proverbial will hit the fan. From what my jambo mate has been telling me they have been watching turgid football for months and feel their loyalty is now taken for granted. The crusade they had to keep the club going after admin is faltering but like the rangers you just know something will save them. The main thing is they are dreading the derbies so let's strengthen the squad and then pull away from them.

Is Budge not just going to lend them a bit more cash with a wee bit more interest put on the sum

I would humbly suggest that they still, after all this time , are NOT living within their means.
    We funded our new stands and training facility from our own resources and some borrowed money, and funded player transactions, WITHIN OUR BUDGET, at the same time. They racked up £80 MILLION pound of overspending with two Scottish Cups to show for it. Everything else was ignored in pursuit of this policy.

We are currently operating within the limits of our income, as we have consistently done since the Gray and Duff years.

They, meanwhile, are having to rely on fans donations to flesh out their budget. Take away these contributions and THEY ARE NOT LIVING WITHIN THEIR MEANS. They are still overspending as the recent acquisition of 9 players and the returfing of their pitch, despite needing £3 Million, allegedly, to complete the refurbishment of their old stand. They had a choice, even in January, live within their means, go with what they had or spend, spend, spend, then get the begging bowl out. We all know what they chose.

It is an unsustainable business model.

TICK TOCK