hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ched Evans

Ched Evans

Is it time to forget his past and hope he gets on with his life. His original charge of rape having been quashed.

http://m.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/39697804

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by theonlywayisup View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Is it time to forget his past and hope he gets on with his life. His original charge of rape having been quashed.

http://m.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/39697804
    Bollocks! The man's attitude to women is disgusting!

Yes hardly got off . Said himself went to hotel for promise drunk girl. Too much pc here he was wrong and said enough court to be put out game.

Quote Originally Posted by Colr View Post
    A sleazey character and a sexist pig by all accounts but thats not a criminal offence. He's been cleared of being a rapist so I think he should be given a chance to play again if a club want him.

First Team Breakthrough
    The guy served time and has now has his charges removed. No odea why some are opposed to letting him do his job. I hear a lot about him being a role model ect. But nobody i know would believe its alright to have a bad attitude towards women just because a footballer does...

Quote Originally Posted by Colr View Post
    It's not illegal to be a sleezeball. Is he a bit of a tosser? Yes. But he deserves to get on with his life.

I've said my piece on him and he comes across as a total ****bag.

However as far as the law is concerned he's an innocent man and should be allowed to return to work in his profession.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

@hibs.net private member Stevie Reid's Avatar
    Just had a look and he scored 7 goals in 30 appearances for Chesterfield, I'd presumed he must have been more prolific for them to pay money for him, and take all the negative publicity that will go along with the transfer.

Glad he isn't at Hibs, and while he probably does have the right to resume his career, I hope that we would never sign a player in the same circumstances. It would be an insult to all the women who are associated with the club.

Left by mutual consent! Lex7zero's Avatar

Ched Evans Innocent

Quote Originally Posted by Dashing Bob S View Post
    Glad he isn't at Hibs, and while he probably does have the right to resume his career, I hope that we would never sign a player in the same circumstances. It would be an insult to all the women who are associated with the club.
    This forum is all about opinions but I always believed from numerous people close to this case that Ched was innocent. I feel too many are still pointing a guilty finger at a guy that has been proved innocent. Would love to have Ged at Easter Road, just a young guy that caught up in a situation that has now been proved to be false. Best of luck Ged, sorry you will still have a lot of people doubting your innocence.

@hibs.net private member Hibernia&Alba's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post
    I've said my piece on him and he comes across as a total ****bag.

However as far as the law is concerned he's an innocent man and should be allowed to return to work in his profession.
    Agreed. Not a person you would associate with or want dating your sister/daughter, but that applies to a lot of men. He's been cleared by the law, so should be able to re-build his life.
    HIBERNIAN FC - ON THE RIGHT SIDE OF HISTORY SINCE 1875

He hasn't proved his innocence, just that he wasn't found guilty beyond reasonable doubt. There's a big difference.

Quote Originally Posted by Green Diet View Post
    He hasn't proved his innocence, just that he wasn't found guilty beyond reasonable doubt. There's a big difference.
    Thats not how the law works.

@hibs.net private member
    For those defending him, would you want your wife, girlfriend, daughter or sister to be treated the way he treated that woman? Would you want him at Hibs?

You know the law works on an innocent until proven guilty basis right?

Quote Originally Posted by lucky View Post
    For those defending him, would you want your wife, girlfriend, daughter or sister to be treated the way he treated that woman? Would you want him at Hibs?
    No and no.

He's not guilty of anything legally though and not being a very nice person isn't grounds for refusing someone employment.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

It's up to Sheffield United as an entity if Ched Evans, an innocent but immoral man, plays for them. Nobody else's opinion really matters and if people want to boycott games then they are free to do so.

On the football side of things, you need decent strikers at the business end of the championship. For example, Wednesday have Steven Fletcher, Jordan Rhodes, Gary Hooper, Fernando Forrestieri and Sam Winnal to choose from. It's a clever move by the Blades because if Evans finds himself at home again and returns to his best, they will have a decent option and if he fails then it's only a couple of hundred k.

Quote Originally Posted by lucky View Post
    A definite no and no to both questions.

No and no.

He's not guilty of anything legally though and not being a very nice person isn't grounds for refusing someone employment.
    Correct. Some folk on here wouldn't be happy till he's hung, drawn and quartered.

@hibs.net private member jacomo's Avatar
    No and no.

Of course it is, especially for a high profile position.

I'm not going to discuss this individual anymore but no one has a right to a professional football contract.

@hibs.net private member Winston Ingram's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Stevie Reid View Post
    Just had a look and he scored 7 goals in 30 appearances for Chesterfield, I'd presumed he must have been more prolific for them to pay money for him, and take all the negative publicity that will go along with the transfer.
    ...& 4 of them were in August.

First Team Regular HIBEES 4 LIFE's Avatar
    Why would he ever have to prove his innocence?

Its up to a court of law to prove his guilt and they were (at the second attempt) unable to do so. There are a lot of social media lawyers who claim either he is guilty or not, however, for his appeal to be considered, conviction to be quashed and then to be acquitted, several judges and 12 of his peers felt that there was not enough evidence he committed a crime.

Having said that his attitude towards the whole situation was wrong, or certainly ill-advised

I think a lot of people would be surprised by how many drunk women have had 3 ways with 2 men. Does it look sleazy from the males POV? Yes.

But let's not act like this is an outrageous sexual act, probably happens every weekend all over the county.

Quote Originally Posted by HibernianJK View Post
    I think a lot of people would be surprised by how many drunk women have had 3 ways with 2 men. Does it look sleazy from the males POV? Yes.

But let's not act like this is an outrageous sexual act, probably happens every weekend all over the county.
    ????

I obviously live a very sheltered life.

@hibs.net private member Speedy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Onceinawhile View Post
    You know the law works on an innocent until proven guilty basis right?
    That's how the law works, yes. That doesn't necessarily mean that's how reality works.

No and no.

This is football, which operates very differently from normal businesses. Any club can simply decide that they don't approve of Evans as a person, or that they don't want the baggage that now comes with him, so they just don't offer him a contract even if his agent notifies that club of his availability and/or interest in signing for them. Evans would have no grounds for claiming discrimination.

Zero chance I'd be willing to accept him at Hibs, and I'd readily join in the booing that he would get if he played for any club in Scotland including if that was us.
    Mature, sensible signature required for responsible position. Good prospects for the right candidate. Apply within.

Quote Originally Posted by Hibernia&Alba View Post
    ????

I obviously live a very sheltered life.
    Not saying is a regular occurrence for every young female but everyone does silly things when they are young.

Quote Originally Posted by HibernianJK View Post
    Not saying is a regular occurrence for every young female but everyone does silly things when they are young.
    Not necessarily just when you're young - check what John Terry's mum has been up to

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenNWhiteArmy View Post
    Not necessarily just when you're young - check what John Terry's mum has been up to
    😂😂 it's not his mum surely, seen the video tho and there is a resemblance

Quote Originally Posted by Eyrie View Post
    This is football, which operates very differently from normal businesses. Any club can simply decide that they don't approve of Evans as a person, or that they don't want the baggage that now comes with him, so they just don't offer him a contract even if his agent notifies that club of his availability and/or interest in signing for them. Evans would have no grounds for claiming discrimination.

Zero chance I'd be willing to accept him at Hibs, and I'd readily join in the booing that he would get if he played for any club in Scotland including if that was us.
    Did you boo graham stack for being accused of rape ?