hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thumbs Up Congratulations and Good Luck to Aberdeen

As much as I'm disappointed Hibs lost, I'd like to congratulate Aberdeen and wish them all the best in the Final.

I realise there are some people that post on here that have a dislike for Aberdeen (though I've no idea why), but I'd much rather see them win the Final than either of the Bigot Brothers from the West.

Come on the Dandy Dons, show them Bigots that there's life yet in Scottish Football.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member Mr White's Avatar
    You'd be better posting that on an aberdeen forum wouldn't you? Not many of them will see it on here. Unless your intention is to try to wind up those hibs fans you mention who don't like the Dons?

Nah, it can't be that as you must have better things to do than troll your fellow hibs fans surely?

**** Aberdeen. Hope they get hammered.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr White View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You'd be better posting that on an aberdeen forum wouldn't you? Not many of them will see it on here. Unless your intention is to try to wind up those hibs fans you mention who don't like the Dons?

Nah, it can't be that as you must have better things to do than troll your fellow hibs fans surely?

Think of it as more of an antidote to the sour grapes we've seen on here from some...

@hibs.net private member Jones28's Avatar
    There has been a lot of bitterness on show the past couple of days, I don't recall that happening very often from Hibs fans.

Aberdeen found a way to win and I'd rather see them win it than either of those 2.

@hibs.net private member Speedy's Avatar
    Not overly bothered but would prefer to see Aberdeen win it.

Hope Aberdeen get pumped. At the end of the day celtic are and will always be streets ahead of us unfortunately. I'd prefer to keep the amount of trophies for clubs around us as low as possible.

Eh, no.

Much rather they won it than Celtic.

Good luck to Leigh Griffiths and Liam Henderson

Hope Celtic win it at least 3-0 and the Aberdeen fans have a miserable day out. If it was any team outwith Rangers, Hearts or Aberdeen then I'd want them to win beat Celtic.

@hibs.net private member Hibernia&Alba's Avatar
    I hope Aberdeen win the final. It can't be right if one club wins a treble and goes the whole season unbeaten. We need at least a semblance of competition.
    HIBERNIAN FC - ON THE RIGHT SIDE OF HISTORY SINCE 1875

@hibs.net private member
    Obviously not happy seeing Hibs losing a game of football, particularly not an important one like this but wish Aberdeen good luck in the final.

They tried to play football, didn't kick us off the park and we're respectful before and after the game with the their comments.

Anyone that can break the current Brendan Rogers love fest that trumps Celtic as the best in the world gets my support.

@hibs.net private member Bostonhibby's Avatar
    They're a decent side and recruited and rebuilt effectively after a few bad years. We're doing more than that now and should have finished them off before they scored the winner.

Their fans are hardly the most exuberant I've seen but I wish them well in the final.

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk

"I did not need any persuasion to play for such a great club, the Hibs result is still one of the first I look for"

Sir Matt Busby

Quote Originally Posted by Bostonhibby View Post
    They're a decent side and recruited and rebuilt effectively after a few bad years. We're doing more than that now and should have finished them off before they scored the winner.

Their fans are hardly the most exuberant I've seen but I wish them well in the final.

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk
    I was surprised how quiet their fans were to be honest. I'd always thought that (like Hibs) Aberdeen had a pretty good, noisy travelling support. I was watching the game online in France and you could barely hear them - even in the first half when they were well on top.

Anyway, good luck to them in the final, any trophy that's not with the old firm is fine by me.

Yeah let's hope celtic win the treble and go unbeaten. Hopefully they can do the same next season too. Bollocks

As much as I dislike the dons they've assembled a decent squad with a British core. Very different from our friends across the city and play attacking football.

I look forward to more battles against them next season but for now I wish them well in the final. Celtic are half the problem in this country. The only time I'll ever want them to win is vs hearts or rangers

@hibs.net private member MrSmith's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I agree! Good luck Aberdeen. :)

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenNWhiteArmy View Post
    Yeah let's hope celtic win the treble and go unbeaten. Hopefully they can do the same next season too. Bollocks

As much as I dislike the dons they've assembled a decent squad with a British core. Very different from our friends across the city and play attacking football.

I look forward to more battles against them next season but for now I wish them well in the final. Celtic are half the problem in this country. The only time I'll ever want them to win is vs hearts or rangers
    I'd add Falkirk to that list after the past couple of seasons.....

@hibs.net private member Juice-Terry's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenArmyyy! View Post
    Hope Aberdeen get pumped. At the end of the day celtic are and will always be streets ahead of us unfortunately. I'd prefer to keep the amount of trophies for clubs around us as low as possible.
    Strangely, this....

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: SAKSxCORE PSN ID: SlickShoes
    I've never liked Aberdeen, the last time they were successful was around the time I was born so I spent my whole life hearing about amazing Aberdeen and how they are the third force with this huge potential fanbase that never seems to materialize.

Now they are doing well again they don't seem to appreciate it, look how many turned up at the league cup final? saw it was against Celtc and just decided it wasn't worth it.

If they sell all their tickets for the final this time then good luck to them I hope they win just to show Celtc don't dominate everything but if they can't shift their allocation for a game like that they they deserve to be hammered, if the supporters can't be bothered what's the point in the team existing.

@hibs.net private member Hibernia&Alba's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SlickShoes View Post
    I've never liked Aberdeen, the last time they were successful was around the time I was born so I spent my whole life hearing about amazing Aberdeen and how they are the third force with this huge potential fanbase that never seems to materialize.

Now they are doing well again they don't seem to appreciate it, look how many turned up at the league cup final? saw it was against Celtc and just decided it wasn't worth it.

If they sell all their tickets for the final this time then good luck to them I hope they win just to show Celtc don't dominate everything but if they can't shift their allocation for a game like that they they deserve to be hammered, if the supporters can't be bothered what's the point in the team existing.
    Aberdeen will sell their allocation for a final with a 3 p.m. kick off, no danger.
    HIBERNIAN FC - ON THE RIGHT SIDE OF HISTORY SINCE 1875

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: hibee_easty
    Couldn't care less who wins the final, but I'd no be wishing either of them good luck.

Dont really care who wins the final to be honest but there is only going to be one winner anyway.

@hibs.net private member Leith Green's Avatar
    ****** Aberdeen ... ****** them , hearts , and the old firm. Who gives a monkeys who wins it , as long as we arent in it and it isnt Hearts.

Good luck? I think they used that all up against us

@hibs.net private member
    Only ever want Celtic to win if they are playing Hearts, so would prefer Aberdeen to win it. Not enough to let it bother me if Celtic do win it though, which I expect they will.

Quote Originally Posted by Keekaboo View Post
    As much as I'm disappointed Hibs lost, I'd like to congratulate Aberdeen and wish them all the best in the Final.

I realise there are some people that post on here that have a dislike for Aberdeen (though I've no idea why), but I'd much rather see them win the Final than either of the Bigot Brothers from the West.

Come on the Dandy Dons, show them Bigots that there's life yet in Scottish Football.
    If it's not us I don't particularly care.
    As for predictions - I reckon Celtic will put several past them.

@hibs.net private member snooky's Avatar
    I quite like Aberdeen as I have historic family roots up there.
    So, good luck to the Sheepies.

Quote Originally Posted by neil7908 View Post
    Obviously not happy seeing Hibs losing a game of football, particularly not an important one like this but wish Aberdeen good luck in the final.

They tried to play football, didn't kick us off the park and we're respectful before and after the game with the their comments.

Anyone that can break the current Brendan Rogers love fest that trumps Celtic as the best in the world gets my support.
    Disagree with the bit about not kicking us off the park. One of the things they did during that first 30 minutes was constantly commit niggly fouls to stop us gaining any momentum at all. Sneaky dirty tactics that Houston would have been proud of. I couldn't care who won the final tbh.

They sneaked past us with help from a blind/cheating linesman. I wouldn't mind if they got a dubious injury time penalty to win it or a 5-0 drubbing.