hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Fighting in East Stand

Well done to the fans fighting amongst themselves in East Stand (Section F2) during the first half. Thankfully the young Mum and her 2 kids were ok.

Embarassing.......

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member Billy Whizz's Avatar
    That's outrageous, families shouldn't have to be subjected to incidents like this. Shame on the culprits

Quote Originally Posted by John Plunkett View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Well done to the fans fighting amongst themselves in East Stand (Section F2) during the first half. Thankfully the young Mum and her 2 kids were ok.

Embarassing.......
    We were in F2. Saw nothing.
    Every gimmick hungry yob,
    Digging gold from rock and roll
    Grabs the mic to tell us,
    He'll die before he's sold.

@hibs.net private member
    It seemed strange. Always seems to happen at Hampden.

@hibs.net private member Just Alf's Avatar
    Heard about it on the bus afterwards.. Not got whole story it it was something about folks deciding to sit anywhere and not being happy at being asked to move, woman in the group slapped the guy asking them to move... He held back but one of his mates was mad and her boyfriend /hubby punched him.

That's the main gist of it... If it was the same incident of course!

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by chlub Hibernian View Post
    It seemed strange. Always seems to happen at Hampden.
    what about the chump in the South Stand who when a Hibs player got fouled, jumped over the wall on to the track and was promptly taken out by around four policemen? What a waste of his £30 ticket and other expenses
    for the day........ only half way through the first half!

@hibs.net private member Viva_Palmeiras's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Just Alf View Post
    Heard about it on the bus afterwards.. Not got whole story it it was something about folks deciding to sit anywhere and not being happy at being asked to move, woman in the group slapped the guy asking them to move... He held back but one of his mates was mad and her boyfriend /hubby punched him.

That's the main gist of it... If it was the same incident of course!

Same happened at the Falkirk 4-3 game. What is it with some folks?
    People need to use their commonsense and basic reading ability. And if not the stewards need to do their job.

At the Falkirk game the knock-on effect of someone sitting in the wrong seats and refusing to budge meant that the stewards inability to deal with it ended up in fisticuffs. Madness and easily avoidable.
    "We know the people who have invested so far are simple fans." Vladimir Romanov - Scotsman 10th December 2012
    "Romanov was like a breath of fresh air - laced with cyanide." Me.

A group of 20K people will always have a handful of idiots. Add in some peoples need to drink beyond their limits before a big football match and you'll get a few more.

Not nice for those caught up in the nonsense of course but 99% of Hibs fans were a credit to the club and themselves yesterday and a few muppets shouldn't tarnish that.

@hibs.net private member Just Alf's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by VivaPalmeiras View Post
    Same happened at the Falkirk 4-3 game. What is it with some folks?
    People need to use their commonsense and basic reading ability. And if not the stewards need to do their job.

At the Falkirk game the knock-on effect of someone sitting in the wrong seats and refusing to budge meant that the stewards inability to deal with it ended up in fisticuffs. Madness and easily avoidable.
    It's crap when it happens

They need to add on to the ticket terms and conditions that if you HAVE to be moved from a wrong seat by a steward then you'll not be taken to your correct seat but taken to the exit.

Quote Originally Posted by Stantons Angel View Post
    what about the chump in the South Stand who when a Hibs player got fouled, jumped over the wall on to the track and was promptly taken out by around four policemen? What a waste of his £30 ticket and other expenses
    Saw that right in front of me. Unfortunately I was not on the isle seat otherwise I'd have tried to grab him. He kinda lumbered down and went over slowly

It was after their second goal.

@hibs.net private member Carheenlea's Avatar
    Was that not at the 2nd goal when the Aberdeen players were celebrating in front of the Hibs fans? Looked like they were going to put him back in the stand before leading him away. A daft moment regardless.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by marinello59 View Post
    We were in F2. Saw nothing.
    We were in F3 and saw a commotion in F2. No idea what it was but police ended up coming down the stairs to sort it.

@hibs.net private member Bristolhibby's Avatar
    Just to add to the wider context and there was handbags, filthy language at the Spurs v Chelsea game. (My brother in law had some spare tickets, obviously would have rather been at Hampden).

Gist of this one was some Spurs being offended at other Spurs fans leaving at 4-2 with ten to go when Chelsea have just scored.

Fans taking offence at being called part time fans. Fisticuffs marginally avoided.

Semi Finals are high charged emotional events, but have a word peeps. I had my two boys and there were loads of kids around.

J

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post
    A group of 20K people will always have a handful of idiots. Add in some peoples need to drink beyond their limits before a big football match and you'll get a few more.

Not nice for those caught up in the nonsense of course but 99% of Hibs fans were a credit to the club and themselves yesterday and a few muppets shouldn't tarnish that.
    But the muppets do spoil it for others & they are the reason this long time Hibs fan made the decision 4 or 5 years ago not to go to Hampden.

The hibs fans were absolutely outstanding yesterday, shame a couple of idiots have to spoil it for others. Always the same at Hampden i'm afraid, always brings out the idiot element of the support. Mostly drink fuelled, some folk seem to think its pointless going to these games unless their absolutely guttered. Which is fine, have a good drink before the game if you want but don't come to the game and act like a fanny.

@hibs.net private member Green Man's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: TheMightyJag PSN ID: FiveOClockHero
    One of the things I actually like about early kick offs is that I don't have time to get semi-drunk before the game and so I avoid the mid afternoon hangover on the way home from the game. The last couple of times I've been to Hampden I've gone in the car as trying to get into a pub for a couple of pints before the game just isn't worth the hassle.

Quote Originally Posted by Green Man View Post
    One of the things I actually like about early kick offs is that I don't have time to get semi-drunk before the game and so I avoid the mid afternoon hangover on the way home from the game. The last couple of times I've been to Hampden I've gone in the car as trying to get into a pub for a couple of pints before the game just isn't worth the hassle.
    Yep. I've been to cup finals at hampden which kick off at 3 and seen folk just about paraletic with drink.

The worst ever was before the 2007 league cup final. In the pub before the game and by the time we were leaving to walk to hamdpen, one guy couldn't even stand. His poor mate who had driven through with him had to take him back home to Edinburgh as there was absolutely no chance in hell that he was going to get into the ground. I'm talking literally couldn't stand up. Waste of ticket money, travel costs and of course ended up missing seeing hibs win the cup. Felt so sorry for his poor mate but he was kind of left with no other choice.

@hibs.net private member Jones28's Avatar
    Mentioned this on another thread but one particular group in G4 had a couple of idiots amongst them, one of whom decided that standing in my seat space having stood to let him past was acceptable and took great offence when I asked him to move on the steps. Offering me and my 51 year old dad up for a fight and having to stop him from assaulting my dad. How the hell he and his mates got in I have no idea because a couple of the group were really pished.

I have been to 4 semi finals at Hampden and in 2 of them I've been offered out for a scrap for doing nothing but asking someone to move out my seat yesterday and trying to stop a young lad from chucking a bamboo cane from a flag down the length of the stand against Falkirk. Of course he succeeded and then after spitting at me and my group and chucking brown sauce over my mate he was ejected, not without trying to attack me.

These ********s always seem to make an appearance at Hampden and I don't think I'll bother going back for a wee while, game spoiled for me and the old man in what would otherwise been an enjoyable game with a disappointing end result.

Ps big shout-out to the young lad behind us who tried to help calm the twat down, a pint for the next time I see you.

Quote Originally Posted by 21.05.2016 View Post
    Yep. I've been to cup finals at hampden which kick off at 3 and seen folk just about paraletic with drink.

The worst ever was before the 2007 league cup final. In the pub before the game and by the time we were leaving to walk to hamdpen, one guy couldn't even stand. His poor mate who had driven through with him had to take him back home to Edinburgh as there was absolutely no chance in hell that he was going to get into the ground. I'm talking literally couldn't stand up. Waste of ticket money, travel costs and of course ended up missing seeing hibs win the cup. Felt so sorry for his poor mate but he was kind of left with no other choice.
    I would have booked him a taxi back to Edinburgh and taken the money off him the next day.

No way I would have missed a cup final because a friend couldn't hold their drink.

Could tell there was something going on in f2 from where I was sat (f1) but couldn't see anything.

The boys behind me kindly smashed the back of my seat after our equaliser though. Don't understand that reaction personally.

@hibs.net private member Scouse Hibee's Avatar
    I never saw one single bit of bother yesterday in the North or anyone that was a pain in the erse. Very decent crowd around us with no idiots.

@hibs.net private member Mantis Toboggan's Avatar
    There was a guy outside the internaional bar pre game that spent about 10 minutes trying to throw up. Pretty sure he was swedged up. Its a bold move for a 1215 KO.

Quote Originally Posted by 21.05.2016 View Post

Id have chucked him in the back of the car, let him sleep some of it off and went to the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Scouse Hibee View Post
    I never saw one single bit of bother yesterday in the North or anyone that was a pain in the erse. Very decent crowd around us with no idiots.
    That's coz all the numpties are in the cheap seats! 😉

@hibs.net private member hibee_girl's Avatar
    We saw the police going down to the row but didn't see what happened.

Didn't see any trouble or anyone in too bad a state apart from one woman who was steaming and nearly fell down the stairs

@hibs.net private member cabbageandribs1875's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ColinNish View Post
    That's coz all the numpties are in the cheap seats! 😉

quite poor taste for a 'joke' ? people on budgets and all that

@hibs.net private member Hibernia&Alba's Avatar
    It's inevitable that whenever there's a huge crowd at Hampden, there will be a (thankfully) very small number of people who will disgrace themselves, be it through drink or some other reason. It's impossible to have an entirely incident free day on such occasions.
    HIBERNIAN FC - ON THE RIGHT SIDE OF HISTORY SINCE 1875

Quote Originally Posted by Sir David Gray View Post
    I would have booked him a taxi back to Edinburgh and taken the money off him the next day.

No way I would have missed a cup final because a friend couldn't hold their drink.
    Quote Originally Posted by we are hibs View Post
    Id have chucked him in the back of the car, let him sleep some of it off and went to the game.
    Same here but fair play to the guy he stuck with him to make sure he was ok. Probably the drunkest i've ever seen somebody. Couldn't walk, could barely speak, total mess. I suspect drugs might have been involved but i don't know, I just remeber thinking what a terrible state to get into before a football game (or in general really!).

Quote Originally Posted by cabbageandribs1875 View Post
    quite poor taste for a 'joke' ? people on budgets and all that
    Behave!!