They look even worse on second viewing.

Our two goals are lovely mind you

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by cleanyman View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Oh my God

They look even worse on second viewing.

Our two goals are lovely mind you
    Need more drink before I can face watching them again.

Their goals I mean!

me too. Looking forward to finishing up the Dons in the league next season - awful goals to concede, but we're the better team, defeated by really dodgy goals.

Hopefully never see them again - utterly sickening.
    Still proud of a fighting performance - they should be well ahead of us - but bar the idiotic opening period never looked it.

The first goal is beyond bad.. McGinn tries to take on the whole Aberdeen team, then after winning back the ball McGregor plays a short pass..

Still, i'm more impressed by the resolve we showed to fight our way back into the game. We simply didn't have that mentality a few years ago. The winner for the Dons was a total fluke.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Posh Hibby View Post
    The first goal is beyond bad.. McGinn tries to take on the whole Aberdeen team, then after winning back the ball McGregor plays a short pass..

By some accounts Aberdeen had seen that KO before and had a planned to get possession and put us under the cosh. We clearly had no plan for the kick off. Much as I hate that half our KOs are punted straight out of play or give the opposition's left back possession I wish we had went with that today. As it was we started the same way we played in the first 30 mins, slowly, lacking confidence and unprepared and littered with mistakes. The come back was great and showed how we can perform if we click.

Where can you see them?

First Team Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by The young one View Post
    Where can you see them?
    Bbc website

Gut wrenching to lose our hold on the trophy to not just one, but two totally farcical goals.

I think McGeouch moved out of the way of the free kick for the second Aberdeen goal. It went right between him and another Hibs player (Boyle?). Then the goalkeeper makes a James Hunt of it. Was he taken by surprise that it went between the two defenders? Maybe.

A joke goal to lose in such an important match. As Lennon said, Aberdeen didn't have to work for those two goals. They were gifted them, apart from the fact that Aberdeen clearly planned to mob McGinn straight from the KO. Never in their wildest dreams did they think it would result in a goal in 12 seconds though.

Daz playing the ball across the goal like that was crazy anytime. First ten seconds of a semi final? Insane.

The second goal was poor by Marciano but the wall breaking was so unprofessional (Gray or McGeough, not sure which).

Credit to everyone for recovering.

Couldn't really blame Rocky. He had set the wall and then they split. Had they stayed together that ball would have hit the wall.

Punished to the max for two individual errors and a very lucky winner. We're due a bit luck in this competition now.
    Very proud of everyone who's been at Hibs for the last three seasons.
    Taking us back up and the cup exploits have been incredible.
    What a support today also. Have a little feeling things could get even better than we dare imagine in the years ahead.

@hibs.net private member Ryan91's Avatar
    First is awful defending, second is part luck and part Marciano not defending front post well enough.

Holt's goal is a great cross from Boyle, the Second is from a superb flick from Holt for Dylan.

Their 3rd takes a massive deflection and it just creeps inside the post as it spins away from Daz. Didn't look far off from being other side of post and a goal kick. Very lucky

Marciano was so close to scoring at the end, their keeper did well but if Marciano got a bit more direction on it, that would have been a goal.

Disappointed obviously, but it hides well for next season.

GGTTH

Didn't realise how close that deflected goal was, unbelievable.

The third goal is absolutely horrible, not just the deflection, it's going wide, hits the ground and spins agonisingly inside the post. Vile.

Not watched the goals on TV, could see at the match they were bad enough. From our rubbishy seating position in sect G the 3rd looked initially as if it was spinning wide, spin then seemed to pull it back in.

Thought NL was a bit hard on the players and for me it was his starting formation that gave the Dons the opening 30mins!!

Echo some other comments though, once the substitution was made I thought we were great, effort energy & desire - all there. Can walk away with the heads held high.

Also don't begrudge the Dons their win, it was a game that could've gone either way in the end. Have quite a few friends from that neck of the woods and I hope they beat which ever side of the ugly sisters goes through tomorrow.

GGTTH

It's a crap goal to lose and you'll always blame the keeper for it, but the second is pretty much a perfect free kick from there. Marciano didn't really react that slowly, and he's only got a hand to it well after it has crossed the line.

We're not talk Zibi-like howler, don't think.

First Team Breakthrough
    Just watched. I owe effe ambrose an apology as slated him for the first goal and it was a poor pass to him not a poor touch from him. The wall doesn't do its job at the second and keeper gets done at the near post. Positive points great goals from us with boyles run and cross excellent and great flic by holt and great finish by dylan. Sadly we created very few clear cut chances. Mainly due to aberdeens high tempo and closing down.

And to think that there are fellow supporters saying that Lennon is out of order for slating his team for those first 30 minutes.
    That opening minutes play by our lot is now etched into my mind forever.
    It will go down in history as " Hibs commit Hari kiri in 12 seconds" or "How to upset your manager and 20,000 supporters in less than a minute"
    If it had happened in a bog standard 2nd tier league game with nothing to play for the pain would be a lot less, but this was a Scottish Cup semi-final and truly wonderful opportunity to create a bit of history and we blew it through our own game of "pass the buck".
    Like Lennon, I also feel that our two goal comeback was commendable but it was at the end of the day not enough to overcome the self-inflicted damage during those first 30 minutes.
    Aberdeen's deflected winner should have been a mere consolation for them.
    Last edited by Hi Heid Yin; 22-04-2017 at 07:31 PM.

Everything that could have gone wrong today did.
    2 uber soft goals and a deflected goal.
    Lay the first goal at Darren's door and there were at least 4 mistakes for the second!
    BUT they showed massive fighting character to pull level with two excellent goals.
    only to be cruelly undone at the end by a deflection from a poor shot
    There is certainly nothing for the team to fear next season and the players will have learned a lot from today's painful mess ups and won't repeat them.
    The future is bright.
    Last edited by CMurdoch; 22-04-2017 at 07:26 PM.

McGeoch should not have broken to his right but poor goal for keeper to lose.

The spin on the third goal is brutal and painful to watch. No spin no goal

Just seen their first two goals and they were disgraceful to put it lightly.

@hibs.net private member Northernhibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Lennon's Lip View Post
    And to think that there are fellow supporters saying that Lennon is out of order for slating his team for those first 30 minutes.
    That opening minutes play by our lot is now etched into my mind forever.
    It will go down in history as " Hibs commit Hari kiri in 12 seconds" or "How to upset your manager and 20,000 supporters in less than a minute"
    If it had happened in a bog standard 2nd tier league game with nothing to play for the pain would be a lot less, but this was a Scottish Cup semi-final and truly wonderful opportunity to create a bit of history and we blew it through our own game of "pass the buck".
    Like Lennon, I also feel that our two goal comeback was commendable but it was at the end of the day not enough to overcome the self-inflicted damage during those first 30 minutes.
    Aberdeen's deflected winner should have been a mere consolation for them.
    The fact he had to make a first half sub suggests that he got the tactics wrong in the first place. He talks about taking responsibility in the first half - I give him credit for making the right change that got us back into the game - but he needs to take responsibility for his failings. All too often with him if we lose it's the players fault and if we win then it's all about what they "give him". His comment on Hibs TV of "There's people in the crowd who want us to play good football, I put the good footballers on to begin with" is cowardice and deflection.

We win as a team and lose as a team. There's elements of him that I like. I really, really wish that he'd control his outbursts and take responsibility for when he gets things wrong. It'd hugely change my views on him.

Do you think your security can keep you in purity, you will not shake us off above or below. Scottish friction, Scottish fiction

madhatter
    Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by DickieDastardly View Post
    Not watched the goals on TV, could see at the match they were bad enough. From our rubbishy seating position in sect G the 3rd looked initially as if it was spinning wide, spin then seemed to pull it back in.

Thought NL was a bit hard on the players and for me it was his starting formation that gave the Dons the opening 30mins!!

Echo some other comments though, once the substitution was made I thought we were great, effort energy & desire - all there. Can walk away with the heads held high.

Also don't begrudge the Dons their win, it was a game that could've gone either way in the end. Have quite a few friends from that neck of the woods and I hope they beat which ever side of the ugly sisters goes through tomorrow.

GGTTH
    Harsh on the players? Watch the 2 goals again...we've conceded 3 goals in a game where Aberdeen didn't even create a half chance themselves...harsh...no I think Lennon was just.

Kick off was a disgrace, what is McGinn doing...does he actually think he's better than Zidane or something? He's trying to skin 5 players...then Bartley plays it to McGregor when it should have been to Marciano...then McGregor plays an awful pass to Ambrose...rather than foul or go shoulder to shoulder with Rooney Ambrose dives in and misses tackle...goal, 12 seconds in.

Wall gets set up, I could tell that Christie was going to shoot by where he was standing and the gap at the front post. Sleepy players don't recognise danger and McGeouch breaks from the wall. Marciano left too big a gap and Stevenson could have been closer to the post (even to act as a deterrent for the shot). Not one of the correct things happened and within 26 minutes we are 2 goals down.

still harsh?

Quote Originally Posted by Northernhibee View Post
    The fact he had to make a first half sub suggests that he got the tactics wrong in the first place. He talks about taking responsibility in the first half - I give him credit for making the right change that got us back into the game - but he needs to take responsibility for his failings. All too often with him if we lose it's the players fault and if we win then it's all about what they "give him". His comment on Hibs TV of "There's people in the crowd who want us to play good football, I put the good footballers on to begin with" is cowardice and deflection.

We win as a team and lose as a team. There's elements of him that I like. I really, really wish that he'd control his outbursts and take responsibility for when he gets things wrong. It'd hugely change my views on him.
    You can still get your tactics wrong but not concede. Our two comical self-inflicted wounds had nothing to do with tactics.
    If it had remained 0-0 he would still have taken Fyvie off and changed the shape to counter Aberdeen.

A good manager can see where his initial set-up wasn't working and make the necessary changes. Lennon did this successfully. Bringing Holt on was a master stroke.
    In my opinion, Lennon does not shirk from his responsibilities, nor hide from his mistakes and blame others. I really don't think it's in his personality or make up.

What he can't account for is a collective shambles resulting in one of his best players (McGregor) making a poor decision and gifting the opposition a goal within 12 seconds of kick-off.

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by hibsbollah View Post
    Daz playing the ball across the goal like that was crazy anytime. First ten seconds of a semi final? Insane.

The second goal was poor by Marciano but the wall breaking was so unprofessional (Gray or McGeough, not sure which).

Credit to everyone for recovering.
    Wasn't the goalies fault the ball goes through the wall simply criminal.

Don't know how anyone can blame Rocky for that second goal. He set his wall up to cover the front post so he can be in a position to intercept a cross. Unfortunately the wall had a great big Mcgeoch sized door in it.

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Lennon's Lip View Post
    You can still get your tactics wrong but not concede. Our two comical self-inflicted wounds had nothing to do with tactics.
    If it had remained 0-0 he would still have taken Fyvie off and changed the shape to counter Aberdeen.

A good manager can see where his initial set-up wasn't working and make the necessary changes. Lennon did this successfully. Bringing Holt on was a master stroke.
    In my opinion, Lennon does not shirk from his responsibilities, nor hide from his mistakes and blame others. I really don't think it's in his personality or make up.

What he can't account for is a collective shambles resulting in one of his best players (McGregor) making a poor decision and gifting the opposition a goal within 12 seconds of kick-off.
    You can't really say tactics were wrong when we lose a goal in 12 secs that totally changes the game.

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: franck sauzee
    The first two goals we lost were criminal at any level, never mind a semi final of the Scottish Cup.

Team did really well to get back into the game and it really was bad luck that cost us in the end.
    Follow the Hibs podcast, Longbangers, on Twitter (@longbangers)
    https://longbangers.hubwave.net