hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Aberdeen Today

Aberdeen Today

I really do hope they win it, but I can't see them giving Celtic any trouble, or even getting past the Huns, on todays show. They carried a lot of luck and benefit from our 30 min no-show and still emerged only 50-50 at best.

I hope they can play better for the final. We can play loads better and easily matched them.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member Craig_HFC's Avatar
    Don't care who wins it as long as it isn't the Huns to be honest
    PERSEVERE
    Verb: pə:ːsɪ'ˈvɪə/
    To not give up.
    To go the distance.
    To stop at nothing.

Professional thread starter Diclonius's Avatar
    Hope they get pumped. Fans were silent for 85 minutes. Don't deserve it.

Elephant Stone
    Left by mutual consent!
    They were dominant in the first half hour but Hibs didn't compete at all. Once we turned up they looked ordinary and they're going through courtesy of three of the shannest goals you'll see scored in the tournament. So lucky. Barring some minor miracles they will get steam rollered in the final again by Celtic.

Left by mutual consent! calumhibee1's Avatar
    If they play rangers I hope they win it. If they play Celtic I hope they get pumped. Don't mind seeing the smaller teams like Inverness win it but I don't want teams we should be in and around getting the benefit of winning the cup like we did.

@hibs.net private member Carheenlea's Avatar
    We'll finish above them next season.

Once we actually started to play football, they looked extremely ordinary. After the first 30 minutes, we were the better side.

It's encouraging for next season if that's the second best team in the country.

I'd rather see Aberdeen win than either of the Septic Sisters.

@hibs.net private member jacomo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir David Gray View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Once we actually started to play football, they looked extremely ordinary. After the first 30 minutes, we were the better side.

It's encouraging for next season if that's the second best team in the country.

2nd best team in Scotland ??

You can see why Celtic are so far ahead. What a poor league. It showed how bad in the final they were in the league cup.

Anyone apart from Sevco to win trophy though. Would have been worse losing to Sevco in the final.

Imagine Aberdeen will lose a lot of players in summer too - still got massive issues with funding and finding a stadium also!

@hibs.net private member essexhibee's Avatar
    Pray Celtic win now because Rangers will turn them over in a final. Lucky lucky today. Two gifted goals and a third deflected one. Weak down the spine imo that team.

Their fans were an embarrassment. Hardly heard them all game!
    ​​
    Scottish Cup Winners 2016 - The Immortals

First Team Breakthrough
    Possibly a bit of jealousy but...
    Hope Celtic win tomorrow and then go on to hammer Aberdeen in the final.
    Their fans were terrible!

@hibs.net private member NORTHERNHIBBY's Avatar
    Heard McIness on the radio saying that they deserved it. Don't agree. Not saying that we would have deserved it either but where a whole league separates the teams it took a large slice of luck to win it for them.

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: SAKSxCORE PSN ID: SlickShoes
    They are the second best team multiple years in a row but they never looked amazing at any point, they are very well organised though.

Their fans made a long trip but if you can't get excited by a cup semi final then something is wrong, they were a wall of silence for about 75 minutes.

I'd rather they won it than Rangers but can't see any way they turn celtic over. I have always had a dislike for Aberdeen but their last real success was around the time I was born. They are doing well now but success can vanish quickly, you'd think their fans would be a bit more happy with their situation than they seem since they spent multiple years near the bottom of the league only avoiding relegation by restructuring.

Elephant Stone
    Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by essexhibee View Post
    Pray Celtic win now because Rangers will turn them over in a final. Lucky lucky today. Two gifted goals and a third deflected one. Weak down the spine imo that team.

Their fans were an embarrassment. Hardly heard them all game!
    Their songs are so good though. "Come on you reds" is probably the best. Or "aberdeen aberdeen aberdeen" in fact.

@hibs.net private member Green Man's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: TheMightyJag PSN ID: FiveOClockHero
    For most of the first half today they were very good at marking us and closing us down, we got hardly any time on the ball and it was often hard to find an out ball as everyone was so closely marked. They were clearly a step up from what we've been used to facing this season. They'll need to play much better in the final if they want to win it though, Celtic will take them apart.

Quote Originally Posted by NORTHERNHIBBY View Post
    Heard McIness on the radio saying that they deserved it. Don't agree. Not saying that we would have deserved it either but where a whole league separates the teams it took a large slice of luck to win it for them.
    He didn't actually say that, he said they they deserved the bit of luck they got to win the game after losing out in other semi finals. He was quite praiseworthy of our team and our fans. I would rather Aberdeen won the final tan any of the other two.

It's just my opinion, but after we scored our first goal I thought Aberdeen looked scared. I'd fully expected them to attack with pace down the wings but McGinn only came on as a sub later on (and is leaving anyway) and Hayes spent most of his time diving. I wasn't impressed with them at all, and if the majority of that team stays there next season I'd be more than confident of beating them regularly. A few of them tend to get overhyped because of the Aberdeen sympathizers on Sportsound, but now we've seen the best they've got, and they're nowhere near as impressive as we've been led to believe.
    Last edited by ekhibee; 22-04-2017 at 04:15 PM.

The most impressive aspect of their play was their pressing, a destructive element but showed how seriously they took us. In constructive terms they were pretty mundane and had they scored zero today nobody could claim they were hard done by.

Left by mutual consent!
    Aberdeen have serious head issues when playing in Glasgow.

If we did the basics today we would be in another final. Sadly not to be.

Left by mutual consent! calumhibee1's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Kato View Post
    The most impressive aspect of their play was their pressing, a destructive element but showed how seriously they took us. In constructive terms they were pretty mundane and had they scored zero today nobody could claim they were hard done by.
    Agreed. They created nothing, were gifted two goals and got a massive slice of luck for their winner.

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: toomanydjs
    Quote Originally Posted by ekhibee View Post
    It's just my opinion, but after we scored our first goal I thought Aberdeen looked scared. I'd fully expected them to attack with pace down the wings but McGinn only came on as a sub later on (and is leaving anyway) and Hayes spent most of his time diving. I wasn't impressed with them at all, and if the majority of that team stays there next season I'd be more than confident of beating them regularly. A few of them tend to get overhyped because of the Aberdeen sympathizers on Sportsound, but now we've seen the best they've got, and they're nowhere near as impressive as we've been led to believe.
    Aberdeen are a good team (the league table doesnt lie), but they are made up of a lot of quite average Premiership players. Once they lose some of their more important players at the end of the season, along with more competition at the top of the league next season, I think we may start to see them fall away a bit.

Quote Originally Posted by Carheenlea View Post
    We'll finish above them next season.
    Hearts fans have been saying the same for the past two seasons, and Rangers fully expected it this season too.

Id rather see celtic win it now tbh

@hibs.net private member GreenLake's Avatar
    I won't grudge Aberdeen a win in the final but their fans deserve to be losers after the pathetic support today.

Quote Originally Posted by CRAZYHIBBY View Post
    Nah not for me. I hope Aberdeen go on to win it.

Quote Originally Posted by SlickShoes View Post
    They are the second best team multiple years in a row but they never looked amazing at any point, they are very well organised though.

Their fans made a long trip but if you can't get excited by a cup semi final then something is wrong, they were a wall of silence for about 75 minutes.

I'd rather they won it than Rangers but can't see any way they turn celtic over. I have always had a dislike for Aberdeen but their last real success was around the time I was born. They are doing well now but success can vanish quickly, you'd think their fans would be a bit more happy with their situation than they seem since they spent multiple years near the bottom of the league only avoiding relegation by restructuring.
    Because even as the second best team and 2-0 up they knew the might Hibee cup holders were coming after them...........soooooo close

@hibs.net private member Carheenlea's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Panda View Post
    Hearts fans have been saying the same for the past two seasons, and Rangers fully expected it this season too.
    We're not Hearts or Rangers though. We have a manager who is determined to instill the mental capacity to help us to do so.

It would only annoy me, wondering what could've been, if they beat celtc in final but hope they absolutely hammer the huns.

Quote Originally Posted by CRAZYHIBBY View Post

Sadly, I gotta agree with this .