hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Not bothered

@hibs.net private member lord bunberry's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by lucky View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I'm gutted we lost to a side we could have beat. Lennon set the team up wrong, McGregor made a howling mistake for the first, McGeough ran out the wall for the second and we were unlucky with the third
    That's sums it up perfectly for me.

United we stand here....

2. Log in to remove the advert

The character was a real plus point for me, was worried for us next season until we showed that.

It's only a few years ago we would've chucked it and got jumped then had players claiming they don't care and can't wait to leave plus the obligatory post defeat team night out down George Street.

Massively disappointed but equally proud, these guys have done us proud in the last 12 months.

Gutted to have lost a semi which should have won despite a dreadful start.

Proud of the boys for showing pride and belief in fighting back and being the better team in the end.

Loved being part of a big Hibernian support at Hampden who outsung the winning team and showed our class as fans.

I love Hibs 💚

@hibs.net private member LancsHibs's Avatar
    Disappointed to have lost today especially in the manner of the defeat but not distraught. Clinched promotion as champions which was the target for the season. Job done, well done Hibs. Can't wait for next season

@hibs.net private member givescotlandfreedom's Avatar
    I'm gutted we've lost our trophy. Really glad the manager is angry about it too, I think that attitude will bring success.

I'm not gutted as I felt after the first 30 mins we more than matched them. I feel Lennon has to take responsibility as he set the team up wrong. They are the second best team in Scotland and we matched them but for a lucky deflection. It gives me hope for next season when with a few signings in the forward areas and we can do well. GGTTH 🇳🇬🇳🇬🇳🇬

First Team Breakthrough Cheshire Hibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir David Gray View Post
    I'm certainly bothered about it that game was more than winnable and we chucked it away with an awful start to the game.

It will be a cold day in hell when I'm not bothered about Hibs losing a semi final in the Scottish Cup.
    This.

@hibs.net private member NORTHERNHIBBY's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by lucky View Post
    I'm gutted we lost to a side we could have beat. Lennon set the team up wrong, McGregor made a howling mistake for the first, McGeough ran out the wall for the second and we were unlucky with the third
    How did the set up contribute to the first and second goals??

At first I wasn't to down about the defeat. We were sloppy but the fight was incredible and also winning the cup last year I didn't feel to bad. A hibs team of 3/4 years ago would of been thrashed 4/5 nil. But in reflection now I'm gutted. We were well in that game and easily could of won it. It would of been great to have got to another final and to have staged an incredible comeback. On another day we would have won that game, even though I'm disappointed I'm proud of Hibernian football club and what we have achieved these past 3 years and the potential that is to come.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Would never be not bothered about losing a semi final. Have endured too many to not care. But if there are positives from losing today it is a proper break before pre season. If you think we gave been involved in play offs last 3 years and last seasons glorious day. No European match early in July. Key players getting a rest (McGinn, Mcgeouch etc. Lennon, Dempster and Craig can get on with all the planning for next season early and without distraction. GGTTH.

Quote Originally Posted by DroitwichHibs View Post
    Would never be not bothered about losing a semi final. Have endured too many to not care. But if there are positives from losing today it is a proper break before pre season. If you think we gave been involved in play offs last 3 years and last seasons glorious day. No European match early in July. Key players getting a rest (McGinn, Mcgeouch etc. Lennon, Dempster and Craig can get on with all the planning for next season early and without distraction. GGTTH.
    Agree but we'll have even more games pre-season next season as that stupid league cup group stage.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

@hibs.net private member Spike Mandela's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Going in to the game I had a feeling Aberdeen would be too strong for us and I wouldn't be that bothered with a narrow defeat.

However having gifted them two soft goals but fighting back to 2-2 and generally playing really well in the 2nd half I am bothered and it feels like we let a mediocre Aberdeen side off the hook.

This time last week I wasn't bothered about the prospect of losing, as long as we played well.

This time this week I'm still bothered about the slack pass to gift them their first goal, the disappearing wall at their second and the way that Lennon is trying to deny that he got his tactics wrong when the replacement of Fyvie by Holt was a clear indication of just that.
    Mature, sensible signature required for responsible position. Good prospects for the right candidate. Apply within.