hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

How is everyone feeling

Couple days to go and beginning to get a bit nervous as I always do, but nothing compared to past semi finals or finals.
    Strangely enough, although I'd love us to make it too another final, it won't be the end of the world.
    I'll still be at the final three games.
    But how good would it be to get to another final, that would make it ten visits to Hampden in five or six years, that would surely be a record outwith the bigot brothers.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member Oscar T Grouch's Avatar
    I am feeling dread right now. I can't help but feel we'll get humped on Saturday. Luckily though I am usually wrong in my predictions so 🤞🏻🤞🏻🤞🏻

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

Just exited. If we win then great but if we lose we lose.

None of this "another chance gone/Hampden misery again blah blah" because it's been put to bed.

It's also quite funny knowing that them over the road are absolutely terrified of us reaching another final.

No nerves at all about this one. I'm looking on it as a welcome bonus and looking forward to a great day out. I think we're in with a very good chance of making the final again after wrapping up the league. Bring it on.

@hibs.net private member lord bunberry's Avatar
    Really confident. When I see videos like the one of Cummings the other day, I see a squad that's together and ready to take our defence all the way to the final.

United we stand here....

How is everyone feeling

Very relaxed. After winning it last year the pressure is off us big time and with us already having the league in the bag the main goal has been achieved. And that's not even taking into account the fact we knocked Hearts out.

Aberdeen fans will be feeling the pressure and they know they have to beat us

Great position for us to be in

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

@hibs.net private member staunchhibby's Avatar
    Apprehensive as always going to HampdebBut i enjoy the day out

Feeling pretty good.

Regardless of the outcome I can see the Hibs fans applauding and cheering the team off the park.

Quite a good place to be considering the stress/pressure we are used to feeling when traveling through there for Scottish Cup matches.

Relaxed, bit excited.

My stomach will no doubt be churning when my alarm goes off on Saturday morning though.

Completely relaxed and looking forward to it. If i knew at the start of the season we'd win the league and defend the cup to the semi final stage id have been delighted. Also relaxed knowing it will take a very good Aberdeen performance to beat us.

Absolutely no pressure on us whatsoever. Just looking forward to going back to hampden

@hibs.net private member Bostonhibby's Avatar
    No pressure whatsoever. Glad we've put up a good defence of the cup so far. Travelling up quietly confident today. No idea re score but think we'll win it in extra time.

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk

"I did not need any persuasion to play for such a great club, the Hibs result is still one of the first I look for"

Sir Matt Busby

Quote Originally Posted by Bostonhibby View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    No pressure whatsoever. Glad we've put up a good defence of the cup so far. Travelling up quietly confident today. No idea re score but think we'll win it in extra time.

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk
    Ditto

@hibs.net private member Lancs Harp's Avatar
    Really looking forward it.

Got belief in the team, management etc. obviously on the day we can get our tactics wrong, can be plain unlucky, have a key decision or two go against us or just have an off day etc, its football it happens. But we are developing a winning mentality, the players have resolve and belief in themselves and arent short of ability, we are tough to beat and have players that can turn a game, when we are on our game we are match for anyone (within reason Im not trying to big us up to challenge Real Madrid and Barca .... just yet). We've developed a habit of winning on the big stage, getting over the line, when, in the past we might have fallen short.

The prize this weekend is another Scottish Cup final and another great occasion but also for me Im greatly interested in seeing how this team fares against opposition who next season will one of our main rivals. It will be a great yardstick and I think and believe we will measure up very well and if we dont, we dust oursleves down, learn from the experience and we keep that belief. Onwards and upwards.

Bring it on

We are Hibs!

Really looking forward to the game, for a change there's no pressure on us and all of a sudden people are focusing on how long it's been since Aberdeen last won the cup (we all know the pressure that brings).

Going to have a good day out with the lads, have a few jars and hopefully be celebrating reaching another final.

Left by mutual consent!
    Feeling fine. No pressure at all. If we win then fantastic. If we lose, we lose. We move on! Monkey is off our back now.

Generally just looking forward to the day out and being back at Hampden.

How oh how, so many times, for me anyway. since the sixties have we have travelled to Hampden not alway or very rarely confident of winning.
    Was it the dreaded curse at the back of my mind?
    Teams we thought should have won the SC in the past were good enough
    Tornadoes for example,but they, by their own admission, froze on the day.
    Yes, so many years,so many tears

One final recently had me thinking, we will win this soon.
    The 0-3 against Celtic 2013.
    The supporters staying in their seats long after the final whistle singing their hearts out
    We certainly did not do "walking away"

Maybe the passion and love for the club got me carried away that day.
    I said to my pal after that game.who also had went through decades of disappointment at Hampden.

"Time is running out for us,pal, but i think we will win this the next time we get to a final"
    He just gave me a forlorn look and said.
    "Heard it,Mick,come oan,its ma round !"

Now i probably said that many times over the years !
    But after that game against Celtic.
    I had a gut feeling/thought,this is going to happen Mick, and you are going to live it !

Strange ,but true
    Prediction?
    If the finalists are the same as last year.
    YES !
    Last edited by Mick O'Rourke; 20-04-2017 at 08:21 AM.

Testimonial Due
    Quote Originally Posted by tamig View Post
    No nerves at all about this one. I'm looking on it as a welcome bonus and looking forward to a great day out. I think we're in with a very good chance of making the final again after wrapping up the league. Bring it on.
    Absolutely this. Biggest free hit in our history.

Testimonial Due
    Quote Originally Posted by Mick O'Rourke View Post
    How oh how, so many times, for me anyway. since the sixties have we have travelled to Hampden not alway or very rarely confident of winning.
    Was it the dreaded curse at the back of my mind?
    Teams we thought should have won the SC in the past were good enough
    Tornadoes for example,but they, by their own admission, froze on the day.
    Yes, so many years,so many tears

One final recently had me thinking, we will win this soon.
    The 0-3 against Celtic 2013.
    The supporters staying in their seats long after the final whistle singing their hearts out
    We certainly did not do "walking away"

Maybe the passion and love for the club got me carried away that day.
    I said to my pal after that game.who also had went through decades of disappointment at Hampden.

"Time is running out for us,pal, but i think we will win this the next time we get to a final"
    He just gave me a forlorn look and said.
    "Heard it,Mick,come oan,its ma round !"

Now i probably said that many times over the years !
    But after that game against Celtic.
    I had a gut feeling/thought,this is going to happen Mick, and you are going to live it !

Strange ,but true
    Prediction?
    If the finalists are the same as last year.
    YES !
    Good post.

I agree thosr last 10 minutes in that final were a bit surreal, amd unexpected but very memorable.

Predictably, wr even got slaughtered for that in the media in some quarters if memory serves.

Testimonial Due

Getting nervous

Had the party no matter what coz we have won it at last and we are promoted and the Jambos season over. But now getting very nervous about getting a doing or getting to our second final in a row and winning again. Yes normal highs and lows before a big game. Best cure a lot of drink so you can get to sleep but you know you are going to wake up early with worries.

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: SAKSxCORE PSN ID: SlickShoes
    Very relaxed, completely different to the usual dread I would get before games at hampden.

The monkey is off our back, we can go to hampden with real confidence that anything is possible, if the team give their all and the fans support them that's all I am looking for, we are capable of beating anyone but Aberdeen are a very good team and if we do lose then there is always next year.

Real test of how good a team we are and I'll be disappointed if we don't turn up.No use claiming we now have a winning mentality then claim this game to be a bonus?Win on Saturday and the momentum the club has could go into over-drive.Might be worth a couple of thousand more season tickets being sold which would be exceptional considering the depth of our very recent nadir.

@hibs.net private member .Sean.'s Avatar
    Cannot believe all this 'if we lose we lose' crap im reading. Losers mentality.

It's the semi-final of the Scottish Cup and the tie is more than winnable. I for one am absolutely desperate to win and I'll be gutted if we get beat.
    ''It's always been just part of the culture. Growing up, for most working-class kids, is all about football, music or clothes. You might not have much money, but whatever you have got, you're going to look good.'' - Paul Weller

@hibs.net private member NORTHERNHIBBY's Avatar
    Huge outsiders being in the last four with the top three teams in the country. Win or lose, this season's requirement has already been achieved by winning the league.

We've already won the league and we're the cup holders, so there is absolutely no pressure on us.
    We've raised our game for every Scottish cup tie so far, Saturday will be no different.

I'm feeling confident, here we go two in a row.

@hibs.net private member Frazerbob's Avatar
    Aberdeen are the best side we've faced all season, no doubt about that. However, if Hamilton can beat them twice so can we! I was at the League Cup Final and if the same Aberdeen team turns up at Hampden again we will win. Their fans clearly don't fancy it, let's hope their team feel the same.

I can't wait. Up early and on it, back to Hampden to see the bonnie boys in green!

As mentioned above, it's a free swipe at it. After last May n getting promoted, sent the yams packing AGAIN, win or lose, still be head over heels with the cabbage!

Will be cheering them on with all I've got hoping for a win, if we don't get it, I can't even see it ruining the rest of my day. Absolute free shot at it IMO.

Great time to be a hibby.

Left by mutual consent!
    Blog Entries
    We go through on penalties again. Bookmark this post

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: SAKSxCORE PSN ID: SlickShoes
    Quote Originally Posted by .Sean. View Post
    Cannot believe all this 'if we lose we lose' crap im reading. Losers mentality.

It's the semi-final of the Scottish Cup and the tie is more than winnable. I for one am absolutely desperate to win and I'll be gutted if we get beat.
    Load of nonsense. It's not a losers mentality it's just that it won't feel anywhere near as galling as it has in previous years. I'm less worried about a defeat, therefor I have more confidence about winning.

Losing a single game is what would happen tomorrow, rewind a year and losing a single game becomes a scottish media dogpile as 115 years get's hung around our necks until they next time we fail and make it worse.

Feel fabulous as always. Is there a game on this weekend?