hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Official Site: OVER 18,000 TICKETS SOLD FOR SEMI-FINAL

2. Log in to remove the advert

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: franck sauzee
    Fantastic stuff.
    Follow the Hibs podcast, Longbangers, on Twitter (@longbangers)
    https://longbangers.hubwave.net

First Team Breakthrough wfortune's Avatar
    Excellent

Sent from my F3111 using Tapatalk

Quite a number, especially with almost 5 days left.

Fans amazing as always!

Going to be a great atmosphere in the Hibs end...just imagine us winning the game...

For a 12.15 ko and the game on BBC & Sky it's pretty amazing.

At least now we know the answer to the perennial question "how do we get Hibs fans to attend more matches?" was "win the damn cup already!"

Great going, however still curious as to where the 3000 spare tickets are. Especially when it says they are spread over the East, North and South Lower... The online planner shows a matter of less than 500 tickets left I think, so where are these other 2500 tickets?

Absolutely fantastic effort ...... less than 3,000 tickets left and still three and a half days to go ............ c'mon guys and gals lets sell it out !!!

Though as Hibbysam above points out ..... if you look at the seating plan its a bloomin' mystery as to where nearly 3,000 seats are supposed to come from, because the dot count looks a lot less than that

Last edited by NAE NOOKIE; 18-04-2017 at 02:06 PM.

@hibs.net private member CapitalGreen's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by hibbysam View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Great going, however still curious as to where the 3000 spare tickets are. Especially when it says they are spread over the East, North and South Lower... The online planner shows a matter of less than 500 tickets left I think, so where are these other 2500 tickets?
    I believe some of the front rows in the East have never been on sale.

Maybe they had a couple of thousand south upper as a last resort ... I mean why wouldn't you keep back the best seats in the stadium as a contingency?

Looks like a flock of only 12,000 sheep.

Turn this into a home game. Well Hampden is our second home these days!
    Space to let

Quote Originally Posted by CapitalGreen View Post
    I believe some of the front rows in the East have never been on sale.
    You can buy a ticket in the front row of G4 at the moment, so presumably the rest of this row was on sale..

G6 is missing the first 4 rows which is 47 seats though, and those spread across the 14 sections would give around 700 or so.

As I said great support and following but at this stage I would rather the club just chucked all tickets available on sale to buy as it's not like we are now needing to send tickets back or worry about TV cameras when they place is virtually full at our end.

Quote Originally Posted by JeMeSouviens View Post
    Maybe they had a couple of thousand south upper as a last resort ... I mean why wouldn't you keep back the best seats in the stadium as a contingency?
    That would be fine if the statement didn't say the original 21000 was spread over the South Lower, North and East

Could be looking at a crowd of 32k+

got to love Armageddon

You can buy a ticket in the front row of G4 at the moment, so presumably the rest of this row was on sale..

G6 is missing the first 4 rows which is 47 seats though, and those spread across the 14 sections would give around 700 or so.

As I said great support and following but at this stage I would rather the club just chucked all tickets available on sale to buy as it's not like we are now needing to send tickets back or worry about TV cameras when they place is virtually full at our end.
    If you click on it, it's row D, so the planner isn't showing A-C. I think these tickets were held back for last year's final until everything else was sold.

Edit: as you say A-C is there but greyed out in G6 - weird.

If you click on it, it's row D, so the planner isn't showing A-C. I think these tickets were held back for last year's final until everything else was sold.

I didn't even try that lol. Very strange seating plan and makes sense if a lot of the lower rows are empty. I don't mind sitting behind the goals but bugger sitting in row A.

Best mate (who's a Jambo of sorts)... has been encouraged to bring his wife and impressionable 16 YO lad along with my family.... the hibee family is growing and growing. It's an excellent time for this club.

GGTTH

Quote Originally Posted by NAE NOOKIE View Post
    Absolutely fantastic effort ...... less than 3,000 tickets left and still three and a half days to go ............ c'mon guys and gals lets sell it out !!!

Though as Hibbysam above points out ..... if you look at the seating plan its a bloomin' mystery as to where nearly 3,000 seats are supposed to come from, because the dot count looks a lot less than that

Probably 18,500 sales by Friday. You win
    A great effort from our fans

@hibs.net private member Frazerbob's Avatar
    Because they don't give a **** about the paying fans, as long as the stadium looks full on TV.

My goodness. We're doing a fantastic impression of a club that's not only very much alive, but the third biggest club in Scotland.

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Whatever way you put it 18000 is a superb support for a 1215 kick off game which is live on both sky and bbc. Fnatastic effort.

@hibs.net private member Alex Trager's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SeanWilson View Post
    Best mate (who's a Jambo of sorts)... has been encouraged to bring his wife and impressionable 16 YO lad along with my family.... the hibee family is growing and growing. It's an excellent time for this club.

GGTTH
    Not a very strong sort I assume haha!

Here's hoping we capture the lads imagination!

@hibs.net private member greenlex's Avatar
    Killed as a club just a few short years ago.

@hibs.net private member Hibby70's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Hibby70
    Statement is saying under 3000 tickets and only in East Stand. I can only assume that they have a huge chunk printed off for window sales as there's nowhere near that amount on the planner.

i may be wrong but I'm sure tickets were on sale for last seasons semi at ticket pods around the ground. Maybe the SFA have kept tickets back for that?

Quote Originally Posted by we are hibs View Post
    i may be wrong but I'm sure tickets were on sale for last seasons semi at ticket pods around the ground. Maybe the SFA have kept tickets back for that?
    Highly doubt it. That was purely down to the fact that both ends were less than 50% full, resulting in over 30000 tickets left available. This year, in the Hibs end anyway, there is very little left and I'd imagine the SFA/PS would rather know who was buying tickets in advance rather than from ticket pods. They certainly won't be intentionally keeping them back, the only way they'd be on sale if there was any left over.

Someone said they were selling tickets from row D upwards, will the bottom few rows be left till last to sell?

@hibs.net private member Moulin Yarns's Avatar

They need somewhere to house all the additional stewards and crowd control 'tape'
    There is no such thing as too much yarn, just not enough time.

Quote Originally Posted by JimBHibees View Post
    Whatever way you put it 18000 is a superb support for a 1215 kick off game which is live on both sky and bbc. Fnatastic effort.
    Exactly this. A normal 3pm kick off time may have seen a Hibs sell out. Even so, it's more than our home sections hold at ER. Won't be too far off 19k Hibs fans there on Saturday.

Had a peek at the Aberdeen forum. Seems a few are crapping it.